Life by DaughteroftheWind
Summary: Post x3: The Xmen move on with life. But at what cost? ROLO. Its also going to be in movie/multiverse.
Categories: General Characters: None
Genres: Angst
Warnings: None
Challenges:
Series: None
Chapters: 15 Completed: Yes Word count: 44759 Read: 23602 Published: 07-06-06 Updated: 09-01-06

1. Tears unseen by DaughteroftheWind

2. A stranger without a memory by DaughteroftheWind

3. Butt Whooping by DaughteroftheWind

4. Living at the Xmansion by DaughteroftheWind

5. Time warp by DaughteroftheWind

6. A silent confession by DaughteroftheWind

7. Songs by DaughteroftheWind

8. The beggining by DaughteroftheWind

9. Running by DaughteroftheWind

10. Happenings by DaughteroftheWind

11. the Statues. by DaughteroftheWind

12. The Club Owner by DaughteroftheWind

13. Anger by DaughteroftheWind

14. Divorce by DaughteroftheWind

15. Happily ever after by DaughteroftheWind

Tears unseen by DaughteroftheWind
Ororo stood in the quietness, her head leaning against the stone wall. So many times she had asked who she was and now she asked it of the silence. She asked it of the whispers that came from the trees. She asked it off the gurgle that came from the stream. The stone wall behind her seemed to drain all warmth from her body as she leaned against it. She asked nothing of the wall, but if you could see her you would see she was asking for strength. A gentle breeze kicked up, its hands massaging her as it swept past her. Ororo sagged against the wall. Earlier that day they had been in a abattle and Kitty had been hurt pretty badly. Ro was supposed to be covering her back. Tears slipped from the corners of her eyes. In her heart she carried much more sorrow than anyone would ever know. For her life had once been good. The world she had once known had been alive, now her heart was in its depth of pain and she never cried. That night Ororo Munroe cried, tears spilling down her cheeks. She quietly sobbed as the wind picked up, and the skies opened, they joined her in her mourning. Her mourning for the man she loved, the mourning for the parents she never had, the mourning for two close friends and a mentor lost.
Logan stood in the shadows and watched as Ro cried. He opened his senses to be rewarded with what felt like a punch in the gut, she was hurting in ways he never imagined. The smoke from his cigar was captured by the slight breeze and swept away. Logan understood pain, he understood what it felt like to have the weight of the world on your shoulders and the promises of a lifetime shattered. He watched as Ororo Munroe, his friend, his leader and co-leader, in all her glorious splendor, lifted her hands and the skies thundered in their wake. He sighed, and walked to the kitchen. He grabbed a beer out of the fridge and threw his cigar out the window. He leaned against the counter and thought for a moment. He then grabbed a second beer and headed out to the balcony. Ro still had tears streaming down her face, her back still to the cold stone wall. He smiled down at her and offered her the beer.
“Here this will help.”
Ororo was surprised when she heard his boots on the wood balcony. She looked up and smiled as he offered her a beer. She took it and took a long drink of it. It tasted good in her mouth.
“A microbrew eh?”
Logan offered her a somewhat wolfish grin as he sat on the railing.
“Only thing I drink darlin.”
They sat in silence for a few moments when Logan put his beer aside and bent down to her level. He gently took her chin in his hand and with his thumb gently began wiping away the tears he found.
“Wanna tell me what these are all about Darlin?”
He watched as she turned away a few more tears slipping out of her eyes.
“I just miss them Logan. I miss them so much.”
Logan smiled gruffly.
“Ororo look at me.”
She turned her blue piercing eyes to once more meet his hazel eyes.
“We all miss em Darlin, You can’t hold all this in all the time, Cry Darlin and let it out, or it will eat you up.”
He reached up and gently stroked her cheek.
“Its ok to cry Ro, its ok to hurt and to miss them, don’t stuff it anymore. Hell I’ve cried over them. I’ve cried over Chuck’s death, I’ve cried even for Scooter. And when we lost Jeannie I cried, I cried even harder when it was my hands and my claws that killed her. I did what I knew to be right. Hurts like hell, but it saved all our skins. Sometimes Ro it’s the better the best that hurts the most. Don’t let your heart die, its beautiful just the way it is.”
Storm was taken aback she had never seen Logan so vulnerable, his voice cracked and his eyes hurt. She watched as he got up and left her, grabbing his beer. She knew he was heading to the garage to work on his car. He seldom ran away anywhere, he knew she needed him.

Early the next morning Ro rolled over the gentle touch of the sun waking her. She groaned as she got out of bed and headed to her classes. As she got up it hit her, she remembered her and Logan’s conversation last night. He had been tender and gentle, yet still the same gruff Wolverine. They had been friends for so long, he had become her support and it surprised her how much he had come to mean. She shook off her emotions and headed to her shower.
A stranger without a memory by DaughteroftheWind
Logan awoke earlier than usual and headed down to the kitchen to start breakfast. As he did he grabbed some eggs flipped on the radio and began cooking. Hank walked in a few minutes later and helped him by frying the bacon. Gavin Mikhail was singing over the radio. Hank began singing along as Logan laughed and grunted. Hank glared at him.
“You know Logan its not that girly to sing.”
Logan snorted.
“You know what Bub, If I sang I’d break your eardrum.”
Hank laughed. Ororo walked in and smiled at the two of them getting along so well.
“Can I help gentlemen?”
both turned and smiled.
“No we got it.”
Half an hour later breakfast was done and the kids all sat around the table eating. Logan smiled satisfied, grabbed his coffee and headed down for his workout in the danger room.
“Logan.”
He turned at Ororo’s voice.
“Yeah?”
“Thank you for caring last night.”
Logan smiled.
“Your welcome Ro. We all need to move on after four years.”
Ro smiled.
“I have moved in but it still hurts.”
He nodded.
“I know darling. I know. The ache will always be there.”
RO nodded.
“I know, but thank you Logan for caring.”
He nodded. She turned to go.
“Ro.”
Ororo turned back around.
“When it seems your fighting the sky keep fighting, you’ll fight the bugger to his death.”
Ororo laughed a rich laughter that flooded over Logan. He laughed with her and then they parted ways. Logan walked into the danger room and started his sentinel program.
Later on that day Hank was hanging from a tree reading a book when a large flash of light in the distance caused him to get out of his perch and run that way. When he reached it he found a young women with long black hair, she was barely standing. Her eyes met Hank’s, she pulled her hand away from her abdomen and he realized she was bleeding. A barely audible help came from her lips. Hank caught her as she fell. He smacked the x attatched to his shirt, praying that his invention would work.
“Ororo, Logan I need some help I’m out on the ground.”
Ororo was in the middle of teaching her class when she heard Hank asking for help. All of her students and she looked around the room looking for him. She looked down at the x on her wifebeater and realized that’s where it was coming from.
“Rogue take over the class.”
Rogue nodded.
“Yes Ro.”
Ro ran out in the hall to be met by Logan.
“When did the furball install these things in my shirt?”
Ororo laughed.
“I dunno but it worked.”
They began running, Ro called a wind to her and Logan lifting them both into the sky, They soon spotted Hank, he was holding a young women who was bleeding profusely.
Logan growled.
“Where’d she come from?”
“She appeared out of nowhere. Look Logan I need to get her to the med lab, she’s going to die if she loses more blood. You can ask me questions later.”
Logan nodded. Ro used a gentle wind to lift the young women back to the mansion and into the med lab. When they reached it Hank guided her gently down on the table. He immediately began work. The lower part of her abdomen was blasted away. Hank growled.
“I don’t know what kind of weapon this is.”
Ro set a gentle hand on his shoulder.
“Do your best Hank, I’ll come back and check on her later.”
Hank nodded and she and Logan exited. Several hours later after Hank had done all he could for her, he left and called the other to to Ororo’s office. All of the X-men met him there and he began telling what happened. Ro looked thoughtful after he finished.
“ Hank will she live?”
Hank nodded.
“She will be out for a few days and may lose her memory, but she will live.”
Ro nodded.
“Keep a close eye on her we have no idea who she is.”
Hank nodded and they moved on to more important matters.
Jesha woke with a cold metal feeling to her back. She opened her eyes to find dim lights. She gently sat up and felt her abdomen the plasma cannon had done quite a number on her. She was relieved to find that her healing factor had kicked in.
“Rest child you’ve had quite a shock to your system.”
Jesha turned and saw a large blue furry beast.
“Who are you?”
“My name is Hank Mccoy. What’s yours and where did you come from?”
Jesha sat a moment.
“My name is Jesha, I’m sorry but that’s all I remember.”
Hank nodded.
“Little wonder, you hit your head pretty hard.”
“How did I get here?”
“We brought you here from the grounds where you appeared out of nowhere.”
“Umm ok.”
Hank glanced at her and realized she didn’t believe him.
“You are at Xaviers Institute for the gifted in New York. I as reading a book when I saw a flash of light and you appeared asked for help and here you are.Its true kid. You’ll be fine.”
Jesha nodded She licked her lips.
“What year is this?”
“2020.”
Jesha’s eyes widened. Hank studied her a moment.
“What can I do to help you right now?”
“I am hungry and very tired.”
Hank started and realized she hadn’t eaten, she had been out for several days. He nodded.
“come with me.”
He led her to the kitchen, and scrounged a meal for her, she ate quickly. After she ate she studied Hank. He was unusual to her, at least as far as she remembered. After her meal Hank escorted her to a room where he showed her a change of clothes and some pajamas.
“Thank you Mr McCoy.”
hank smiled.
“Your welcome.Call me Hank. Dinner is at six. You will be further informed there.”
Jesha nodded.
“Of course thank you.”
Jesha began to undress. As she did her chocolate colored skin seemed to groan, as spurts of muscle pain shot through her. She pulled the two knives out of her boots and embedded them in the nearby wall. She then took off her clothes and slipped into the sweats and t-shirt Hank had provided. She fell into a deep sleep.
*******************************
“Jesha Look out!!!!!!!!!!!!”
Jesha rolled out of the way of the large machines blast. She looked up to see a young women standing over her.
“You ok?”
Jesha nodded.
“I’m fine, just a bit surprised. We better move Lauri or we’ll be sausage meat.”
Lauri nodded and handed her, her katana. Lauri also offered a strong hand.
“Come on big sister lets go.”
The two dodged behind a rock and waited until the sentinel looked away. Then they crept out from behind the rock and ran. The sentinel saw them. Jesha angry called a large storm down and blasted the robot. It’s circuits went into overdrive and it fell over with a crash. Lauri whooped and the two high fived.
“Good shot Jesha.”
Jesha smiled and grabbed her sister in a hug.
“Thanks for the warning kid.”
Together the two walked toward the complex where they lived. They were greeted by whoops of joy from some of the other people. They felt strong hands clap them on the shoulders.
“Good shots mon amis.”
Jesha smiled at Papa Jo.
“Thank you sir.”
He smiled.
“Come here my daughter.”
He caught her in a hug.
“I love you Jesha, so much like your mother.”
Jesha smiled.
“Thank you sir.”
“Your welcome.”
as he hugged her again a large crash interrupted them. Jesha spun around to see a large sentinel coming through the building.
“Thieves take cover!!!!!!!!!!!”
All of the thieves scrambled for cover. Jesha grabbed her knives out of her boots and threw them hard at the robot. Lauri below her had fallen and her leg was pinned by a large beam. Jesha watched in horror as the sentinel aimed its laser beam at her.
“LAURI!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! NOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!”
*************************
Jesha woke from her dream covered in a cold sweat. A scream on her lips. She bit it back and buried her face in her hands. Who were these people that haunted her dreams? Who was the Cajun man who called her his daughter? Who was the girl that died and now caused Jesha’s chest to constrict in pain? She sighed in frustration and headed to the bathroom to take another shower. She was hoping the cold water could knock some sense into her. After her shower she grabbed the jeans and tanktop Hank had left and headed down stairs. It was five minutes before dinner. When she reached the dining hall, she was greeted by many curious stares. A women with white hair came up and took her hand.
“I’m Ororo Munroe, they call me Storm.”
Jesha took the kind hand and smiled.
“My name is Jesha, beyond that I know little.”
Ororo smiled.
“Welcome to Xavier’s school for the gifted. You are welcome here.”
Jesha nodded.
“Thank you.”
Ororo led her around and introduced her to everyone, leaving Jesha’s head spinning with all the names. Hank seeing this rescued her and handed her a plate of food. Jesha gratefully took it as the blue hairy man popped down next to her.
“How’d you sleep?”
Jesha groaned.
“Not to well. I had a nightmare Hank.”
Hank’s eyes opened in earnest.
“Tell me about it.”
Jesha took a deep breath and quietly began to reiterate the dream. Hank listened in earnest.
“SO you think your a mutant?”
Jesha sighed.
“I don’t know. It was a dream, how could it be anything more.”
“Theres only one way to find out. I’ll show you when you finish dinner.”
Jesha gave him a strange look but nodded.
“OK.”
Hank noticed she was pretty reserved.
“Jesha, it will help you remember if you socialize with people”
“What if I never do Hank have you thought of that?”
“Yes. I have. Patience Jesha is a virtue not a commodity.”
Jesha smirked at his wise words.
“I have a love hate relationship with the fact that your right.”
Hank threw back his head and roared with laughter. Wolverine chose that moment to walk over.
“Hi, I’m Logan also known as Wolverine.”
Jesha smiled and introduced herself. After the introduction Hank looked at Logan in earnest.
“I’m going to need your help after dinner Logan.”
Logan raised a curious eyebrow.
“With?”
“Jesha thinks she’s a mutant I would like you to test her battle skills.”
Logan nodded.
“Sounds good Bub. As long as you don’t mind Darlin.”
Jesha shook her head.
“I don’t mind.”
Logan smiled a wolfish but handsome grin.
“After dinner then.”
Butt Whooping by DaughteroftheWind
Dinner passed quickly for Jesha as she chatted with several of the students. She remained quiet for most of the meal enjoying the constant chatter. Hank observed her carefully, careful to make sure she was ok. When the plates were cleared and the dishes done logan walked up to her.
“Ready?”
Jesha nodded mutely. Logan smiled to reassure her.
“Meet me back here in five minutes, you’ll need looser clothes.”
Jesha nodded. Ororo smiled at her.
“Come on you can borrow some of mine.”
Jesha nodded a silent thanks and followed Ororo to her room. Ro handed her a pair of pants and a wife beater. Jesha smiled.
“ Nice thanks.”
Ro nodded.
“No problem.”
Jesha slipped into the bathroom and changed. She was surprised at how well they fit. As she stepped out of the bathroom Ro grinned.
“Go give that boy a butt whopoping girl.”
Jesha laughed.
“Do my best.”
They went back downstairs and met Logan. He smiled and then He led her down into the danger room Ro and Hank followed. As they stood on the mat Logan studied his opponent.
“Lets start with some basic hand to hand combat, Ok with you?”
Jesha nodded.
“Lets go.”
Jesha stepped into a defensive attack. Logan raised an eyebrow and then he began to attack her. His fist coming in an upper cut. Jesha blocked him disengaged and logan found a fist in his stomach. He let out a whoosh of air and stepped back. He’d underestimated her. This time she attatcked with a flying side kick. Logan blocked the blow and as she landed, he attacked in her stomach range. Jesha rolled and knocked him off his feet. He growled. Jesha’s eyes met his a picture of defiance. She once more moved into an attack position and motioned with her hands.
“Bring it on.”
Logan saw a fire spark in her eyes. He was a bit taken aback but attatcked with a 360 back crustant kick. Jesha not missing a beat blockedlocked Logan’s arms with hers and did a full on head butt. Logan stumbled back, he was getting angry. He growled again. His eyes narrowed to slits as he watched her prepare for her next attack. He watched as she began a triple side kick, he blocked, she disengaged the kick and instead did a hook kick. He stumbled backwards. He couldn’t seem to get alock on her skills she was using a mostly tae kwon do as well as karate moves. He attatcked again with his hands, using a flying punch she blocked he disengaged and landed a hit to her stomach. Jesha’s eyes flashed. Logan attacked again with the same attack this time Jesha noticed his move and as he disengaged she caught his fist with one hand and punched him across the face. Logan tasted his own blood. Jesha was back in her attack stance her breath coming in ragged gasps. Logan tried a lower attack, he used a flying punch to her body, then in one smooth move he did a jumping back flying hook kick his feet making contact with her face and nose. She began to bleed. She smiled, almost a look of glee and wiped the blood from her nose. Logan was surprised. Who was this girl? She fought like he did, each of her movements a fluid motion. He wasn’t sure what to do with her. He watched as a moment later, the cut in her lip was healed. She had a healing factor this fight could get real interesting. After picking herself smoothly off the floor jesha got back in her attack stance and waited. Logan decided to see just how much this girl knew and he switched to tai chi techiniques.
“computer simulated weapons, give me a staff.”
“katana.”
Dangerous weapon for a women. The computer simulated a weapon rack. Logan walked over and grabbed his staff. Jesha made her way over and picked up a perfect katana. She did a few practice moves with it nodded it suitable and the real battle began. Logan watched her forms and got in a defense position. Jesha bowed and nodded a custom in this type of fighting. Logan returned the respect and the battle began. Jesha circled him her sword still in its sheath. Logan did a side attack in her six range and faster than lightning the sword was out of its sheath and she blocked him, the staff and sword clashing. Logan disengaged and attempted to go under her sword again Jesha blocked and using the force of the block kicked him hard in the chest. Logan flew back surprised at the attack. So she knew Tai chi and was a bit of a dirty fighter. She handled the sword well. She knew exactly what to do. He narrowed his eyes studying her as she circled him. She cried out and attacked him. Logan was expecting the attack blocked disengaged and knocked her flat on her ass. Jesha growled and logan watched something in her snap. He watched something he had only seen in himself. He saw an animal side of her, it was only brief. But her eyes had darkened from their beautiful blue to a deeper blue telling him she meant business. He attacked her again, Jesha missed the block and found his shaft hit her along side the face. She growled again and quickly attacked using a frontal attack, she attacked in his six range, and as he moved to block she disengaged and her sword caught him in the stomach. Logan was supprised when she didn’t push it through him but rather left a nasty cut across his stomach. Hank from the control room gave Ro a worried look. Ro shrugged and watched as Logan got back up. She attacked again this time aiming for his head. Logan blocked and then in one fluid movement went under her sword and his staff found her kneecap. Jesha stumbled crying out in pain. Logan noticed it only seemed to fuel the fire of her anger. She quickly stood her healing factor kicking in. He stopped her next attack.
“Hold kid. You’re a good fighter, where did you learn?”
Jesha stepped out of attack mode calming the animal within her and glanced at him.
“I don’t know.”
Logan nodded.
“Sorry forgot. Lets do a program and see what powers you have, keep the sword?”
Jesha nodded.
“Please.”
Logan smiled he liked her already.
“Ok, Computer load sentinel program.”
Jesha looked at the large monsters surrounding her and immediately felt her anger rise. The program began and Logan watched as the animal within her came out in full force. She grabbed a knife from her boot and with her katana alone she began running at a sentinel. Logan glanced at her, she must be nuts. As she ran she threw her knife straight at it, it hit the sensor system of the robot and it let out a shrill cry. Jesha lifted herself easily off the ground using the energy of the Earth and in a moment she was on its shoulder. She took her katana and made a thin slice in its armor, she then reached in and pulled out the circuits, its fell to the ground. Jesha used its arm to slide down and hit the ground, ripping her knife out of its chest. Logan stood there gaping as he watched her take off at a dead run towards another one. He watched as another stepped to attack her, the ground underneath it opened swallowing it and then reclosing, it let out a grumble as if burping. Logan was so shocked he failed to notice the last sentinel behind him, it hit him with a laser beam and he fell hitting his head against a rock. Jesha’s emotions began to take over as the dream came back in full force. Anger like she had never known filled her and she let it flow, a warm glow overpowered her and her hands let loose a fireball. It hit the sentinel in the chest and it staggered back. Jesha sheathed the sword and used the warmth overwhelming her. It stood back up and attempted to attack her again, Jesha formed a shield and blocked it. Then with every ounce of anger in her she called a storm to her and fried the sentinel. After it was done, she fell to her knees and cried. Tears streaming down her face. Ro in the control room ended the program unlocked the door and ran to the young girl. She had just shown an incredible display of power and now her young body was ravaged with sobs
All Ororo could do was hold her assuring her it would all be well. She was safe. Jesha like a young child turned into her shoulder and just sobbed. Logan and Hank just stood there powerless. She was a manipulator of organic material, she could harness the energy of almost anything forming any weapon, whether it be fire from the heat around her, a storm, or anything. From that her healing factor came. She was a very powerful mutant. There was also a chance she was telepathic. After a few moments jesha pulled away from Ro and got up off the floor offering Ro a hand. Ro accepted and then led her out of the room into the rec room. There nestled in the corner of the couch Jesha explained what happened. She explained her dream and the sorrow it had caused her. Logan and ororo exchanged glances.
“Jesha you have immese power. Stay with us. We can help and train you, plus we could use your help in teaching here if you’d like.”
Jesha nodded.
“I would love to.”
Hank cleared his throat.
“I hate to be a part pooper but what would she teach?”
Logan smiled.
“Well for now I can take over the hard sciences and she can teach self defense, Shes really good. I would venture her having a black belt easily.”
Hank nodded.
“Allright sounds good.”
Living at the Xmansion by DaughteroftheWind
Chapter 4 living at the xmansion
Months had passed since Jesha’s unexpected arrival at the xmansion. She had begun emerging herself in the students lives, and also in the lives of others. Her memory had returned slowly, she remembered more each day.
It was Thursday morning. Jesha rolled over and groaned. She had the dream again. The dream of a man fighting a battle with her, his face haunted her even when she was awake. Who was he? Just before she asked in the dream she always woke up. She sighed and looked at the clock. It was six in the morning, she was meeting several students to run in about ten minutes. She groaned and crawled out of bed grabbing her shorts and wife beater. She then brushed her hair pulling it back in a ponytail and pulled on her shoes. She walked down the stairs to be met by sleepy eyes and grouchy students. Rogue had a scowl on her face.
“What’s the matter Rogue?”
Rogue gave her a death glare.
“Ay haven’t had ma coffee yet.”
Jesha laughed.
“Remind me to stop by a coffee shop on the way home.”
All the students chuckled. A few minutes later Ro joined them.
“Ready?”
Jesha nodded.
“Yeah lets go.”
The two teachers led the way the students soon followed. As they ran Rogue and Jubs took the lead. Ro and Jesha fell to the back.
“Hows life going?”
“Going good. Enjoying teaching and learning.”
“Jesha we have a huge mission coming up come with us. So far you’ve been the one to take care of the kids. I want you to come with us.”
Jesha nodded.
“Allright.”
They stopped at a coffee shop on the way back to the mansion and grabbed coffee and then walked back. When they reached the mansion Logan walked out and smiled at them.
“ Man your crueler than I am making them go for early morning runs.”
Jesha shrugged.
“Yeah well.”
“We have a training session in an hour.”
Both nodded and headed to the kitchen for breakfast. Bobby was cooking. Jesha half heartedly smiled.
“I’m not going to be at breakfast, you all have a good one.”
Ro cast her a look of ‘don’t you dare.’ As she walked away. Jesha headed to her room. When she reached it she smiled and walked out on the Balcony. It was a beautiful day, the sun was shining, the world was as it should be. As she stood there deep in thought memories flashed back. Memories of a world where mutants rarely existed and if found were exterminated by anyone in their wake. Memories of a Scottish women with laughing eyes and a passionate love for whiskey. Jesha leaned against the railing, tears slipping from her eyes of people she didn’t know, and yet their faces and lives haunted her each day. Some of them seemed to cry out from the grave while others she imagined had faces filled with worry and concern. Who were they? Were they her family? Were they her comrades in arms? Was the man that kept haunting her memory her lover, brother or just simply a friend? Why did his face haunt her? He never spoke in her dream he was just always there with her, always fighting, his tousled auburn blond hair and piercing green eyes. Troubled by her thoughts Jesha headed down to the lower levels of the xmansion into the danger room. Sitting in the control room above she began a person profile. She began inputing all she remembered and an hour later she had a perfect profile of the man in her dreams. She finished that and then did the Scottish women. Just as she finished Ro walked into the room. She plopped down in the chair next to her and looked at the image before her.
“He’s cute who’s he?”
Jesha shrugged.
“I don’t know. He’s been in my dreams a lot lately. This is the second person who’s been there a lot lately.”
She pulled up the second image. Ro looked closely.
“that’s Dr Moiya Mactaggert. Why would she be in your dreams?”
“apparently I know her.”
Ro sighed.
“Jesha she’s been dead for years.”
Jesha sighed.
“Well I am at a loss Ro.”
Ro ran her hands through her hair thoughtfully.
“We need to check out that belt that you had on you more closely. It might have some clues as to who you are. Later if you have time lets write a program to do a simulation of your dream and see if I recognize anyone else.”
Jesha nodded numbly and the two headed down to the entrance to the danger room.
Logan walked into the danger room to see all of the xmen assembled. He began a warm uproutine and a psarring match. He matched Jesha and Ororo and watched them both. Jesha was good for Ro. As he watched them spar Logan’s heart slowly began to pick up in pace. He watched as every contour and curve of Ro’s body was revealed and it hit him hard in the chest how beautiful she was. Sure he had noticed before but in that moment he realized she had changed a great deal since Jean’s death. She was more tired than he ever remembered, her face had a few more wrinkles. He thought back to the night several months ago, when he had caught her tears falling down her face. The leader of the Xmen weak and crying. It hit him like a train how close they had become since that night. There had been nights when they had cried together, laughed together, gone racing(motorcycles) together. He realized how much he had cherished those times. His thoughts were interrupted by Rogue.
“LOOGANN!”
He started nad turned to her. Her eyes followed his and she chuckled.
“Watcha need kid?”
“Can you come show me this move again?”
Logan regretfully pealed his eyes away from Ro and walked over to help Rogue.
After two hours of training Logan clapped Jesha on the shoulder.
“Good work kid.”
Jesha nodded.
“Thanks Logan.”
Before everyone ran off to the shower room Logan caught up with Ro.
“hey Ro wait.”
Ro turned to him.
“Yeah?”
“Are we still on for racing tonight?”
Ro laughed a deep rich laughter.
“Of course wouldn’t miss it for the world.”
Logan’s grin widened.
“Good.”
He turned and walked away just as Jesha wwalked up.
“What was that all about.”
“Oh just matter between Mr Logan and I don’t worry about it.”
Jesha smiled and went to her room to shower, she had an hour until her first class.
She quietly stepped into her room and grabbed the console on her nightstand. She pushed a few buttons and a lifesize form of the man in her dreams appeared. She set it down on the bed and walked to her bathroom. As she stepped in her breath caught in her throat as memory’ s flooded back.
************************************************************
He was sitting across the table from her his eyes dancing. He spoke to her soflty in gaelic and she smiled his words sweet and beautiful.
“jesh iy love ya lass.”
tears filled her eyes and he rushed on to finish his statement.
“ Jesh I know that for so long we’ve struggled and fought in this war, and Iy know that we agreed lass that this was nothing more than ay friendship. But baby iy’ve fallen in love wit ya. Fallen in love wit the way yur eyes dance when you ride the wind. iy‘ve come to love laughing wit ya when yur watching yur favorite movie. iy’ve come to love watching ye dance in the rain as it falls from the sky. Heck Iy’ve even come to love that fire that sparks from yur eyes when we fight together. I can’t help it.”
His thick irish brogue and his quiet love that emitted from his eyes caused more tears to fall from her eyes. He reached across the table tenderly, his hands cuping her face and wiped away her tears. He got up from his chair and walked over to crouch beside her. He pulled the smalle black box out of his pocket and looked deep into her eyes.
“Jeshia, will ya marry me lass?”
Jesha wasn’t sure what to do until her eyes met his green ones.
“Ay laddie, Ay’ll marry ya.”
He whooped and swept her into his arms kissing her gently. She returned it with all her heart and he looked at all the other people in the pub.
“The lass agree ta marry me.”
The whole pub whooped and beers were passed out.
***********************************************************
When Jesha came back to reality she was leaning against the door jam, a pain deep in her chest. She had been engaged or married to an irish man with curly unruly auburn blond hair and emerald green eyes. She smiled at the thought and shook off the memory. She then took a shower and prepared for her class. When she got to classs she was met by the eyes of her older students.
“Prepare for sparring sessions.”
She assigned each of the students a sparring partner and watched them as they began sparring. She checked on each pair correcting akick here and there, and reviewing many of the different punches. Class ended and Rogue approached her.
“Ms Jesha, would ya mind helping me with ma sparring later?”
Jesha smiled.
“Not at all meet me on the grounds at four o clock and we’ll work on it.”
“Thank you.”
Jesha nodded and Ororo walked in.
“Jesha the mission got moved up, we need to go to the office for briefing.”
Jesha nodded and closed down the danger room. The two walked out the door and upstairs. When they reached the office Hank began explaining.
“There is a mutant that we believe to be held by the government. We need to do a rescue operation. Jesha you Storm and Logan will be going. There is no question that this mutant is more dangerous than your used to. He’s what we call a time traveler. He can transport through time in nothing flat. His other powers are unknown. So be careful. He’s being held in Canada.”
Jesha nodded and the three suited up. Logan started the black bird as Jesha and Storm strapped in. The jet took off and the three headed to the destination that hank had pointed them towards. It was alonger flight and Jesha curled up to take a nap. She was awakened by the plane shaking up and down. Ro’s hands flew over the controls.
“Whats going on Logan?”
“I dunno Darlin. You tell me your flying the freaking plane.”
The sky outside was a beautiful clear day, not a cloud in the sky. Jesha’s stomach lurched as the plane began a downward fall.
Time warp by DaughteroftheWind
Chapter 5
As the plane plummeted to the ground Ro and Logan began pulling up on the controls trying to stop the planes fall. Jesha sitting in the back unstrapped herself and looked at Ro.
“Call in a storm, use the winds to slow the plane down. I will see what I can do to break our fall.”
Ro nodded and her eyes whited over as she summoned a strong wind to help stop their fall. Jesha began rearranging matter in the air and formed a force field. Forcefully controlling it she used it to buffet between the plane and the Earth. The plane hit hard, scattering the three of them around the cockpit. Jesha groaned, she had landed on her back against the arm of the seat. She got up slowly and gingerly her back cracking nad popping with the effort. She grumbled. She reached up and gingerly touched the cut across her face, her healing factor kicked in and it healed. She stepped towards Logan. He grunted and easily lifted himself off the floor. Ro was another story. She let out a quick hiss between her teeth as she lifted herself up off the controls. She had a cut on her arm that was bleeding and a cut on her forehead. During the crash her head had rammed pretty hard into the controls. Jesha walked to the back of the plane and pulled out the first aid kit. She easily bandaged the Ro’s arm and cleaned the cut across her forehead. Logan was watching her in concern. He walked to the back and manually overrode the door controls. The hatch popped open and Logan looked out to see a desert. They were in the ruins of an abandoned city, its buildings old and falling apart. They seemed to have lost their outer walls, the only thing left standing I was part of their structure. There was no one in sight.
“Where the hell are we?”
Jesha and Ro joined him a moment later their eyes wide at the sight. Jesha’s voice cut through the silence, it was filled with fear and there was a softness to it.
“We are in Oregon."
Logan’s eyes narrowed.
“What do you mean?”
jesha shrugged her eyes still intent on the landscape before them.
“I think we are in a different time.”
Logan and Ororo both looked acutely at theyoung women before them.
“Jesha how do you know that?”
Jesha’s eyes flashed.
“Because I remember.”
Logan growled. She was insane.
“I think your insane.”
Jesha smiled.
“If only I was Logan, if only I was.”
Ro disturbed by the whole idea walked over to the controls and hit the transmit button.
“beast come in.”
Static was her only answer. Ro frustrated knew she was going to have to trust Jesha.
“Where to Jesha?”
Jesha sighed.
“I don’t know.”
They stepped outside the plane and the three walked together, the ground was an odd combination of a very fine powder dust and silt. With each step that they took the dust would kick up and settle around them. Logan’s acute sense of hearing picked up the sound of electric parts. He listened a moment more and swore under his breath. He knew that sound, he knew it all to well. It was the sound of a sentinel.
“Move, we need to make it to those buildings before they reach us.”
Ro looked at Logan his eyes intense.
“What are you talking about?”
Logan growled out the name.
“Sentinals. Now move.”
Ro and jesha looked at one another and swept up a large wind together, it carried the three of them quickly. They watched as seven sentinals emerged from the underbrush and spotted them. Their mechanical voices matched the ruined landscape.
“Mutant alert. Orders kill and destroy all mutants.”
The large robot that spoke fired its laser a them. Jesha blocked the blow with a force field. When they reached the buildings, Jesha led the way into one of them and they hid waiting for the sentinals to find them. This began a game of cat and mouse. Jesha listened as the sentinals hit the building area, they started scouring the buildings. Ro was the first to speak.
“We gotta do something. I can fry them, jesha can you help me?”
Jesha nodded but held her back.
“I have a better idea. Lets use gorilla warfare, these buildings are pretty close together. Here.”
Out of her boot she pulled one of the knives. It was a double blade and it came apart at the handle.
“Do you know how to throw this?”
Storm nodded.
“Nice blade well balanced. What is it?”
“Ademantium, same stuff Logan’s bones are reinforced with. It’s the strongest metal known, it will pierce their armor. Aim, with one knife in the middle of the chest, their sensor board is there. It controls all the functions of them tracking you. Aim there, then after that’s knocked out you can fly onto its shoulder. There you can basically unplug its brain.”
Ro looked at her like she was nuts.
“How?”
“Circuit board, use the second knife.”
Logan grinned.
“Lets go.”
The three of them split up and began fighting the sentinals. Jesha distracted three of them and they followed her to a small clearing. She jumped from one building to another, so they couldn’t get a lock. She landed on the shoulder of one, the other two sentinals aimed and fired. Jesha jumped as the beams hit the third one, it fell to the ground. She pulled out her knife, broke it in two and sent one spinning toward the sensor system of the second, it hit its mark perfectly. She jumped landed in the building and waited for it to pass her. Jesha waited a moment before they were both gone and past her when she bolted out. She took off at a dead run jumped landed o nthe second ones shoulder and sliced the wires leading to its brain. It fell as she slid down its arm grabbing her knife out of its chest. The third one was behind her without her realization and she gasped as its large hand came in contact with her rib cage. She flew a good thirty feet and hit the metal structure of the building. When she landed she felt a large piece of metal go through her leg.
“FUCK!”
The sentinel came stalking towards her, somehow she managed to get up and threw her knife , it missed and clattered to the ground with a clink.
“DAmm.”
Jesha stepped behind a pillar and waited. Each breath she took hurt like hell. She reached out and grabbed the metal object and withdrew it slowly from her leg. She was almost screaming in agony. As soon as it was out her skin began to heal around the wound and she turned to face the sentinel. It spotted her and fired its laser, jesha rearranged the air molecules and blocked it. As she dropped her shield she dove over to the side the laser hitting the bottom of the building structure. The building fell fast and smashed the sentinel underneath its massive weight. Jesha got up from the ground and grabbed her knife, putting the two pieces back together.
She was about to put it back in her boot when she heard a voice behind her.
“Thares only one lassie I know that can take down a machine like that.”
The thick irish brogue reminded jesha of the man in her dreams. She turned to see him standing in the darkness his features indistinguishable
“yeah and who is that?”
“The lassie’s name is Jesha, her code name Dream. She disappeared some months ago. Ya wodn’t happen to know her would ya lassie?”
he stepped into the light his green eyes dancing Jesha’s breath caught in her throat it was him. The two stood there looking at each other for a moment when she broke the silence.
“I have friend we must help them.”
“Ay that we do, those were the least of yur worries.”
Jesha summoned a strong wind and the man let out a yelp as she lifted him into the sky.
“Ya know I hate that lass. I can fly on me own.”
Jesha just laughed and the two of them flew into the sky.
At that moment Storm was facing a very sticky predicament, while she had taken down one of the sentinals, the second was giving her quite the time of it. She summoned a storm as the electricity came between her fingers. As soon as she rounded the corner the sentinel faced her its angry orange eyes starting at her. With one bolt of lightning she fried it, its orange eyes going dead. A moment later Logan joined her.
“Where’s Jesha?”
“I dunno we’d better find her.”
“I’m here.”
Storm and Wolverine turned to face her. She was with a strange man. Wolverine growled at the man demanding a name.
“Me name is Banshee. Also known as Sean Cassidy. And ye are?”
“Logan also known as Wolverine. This is Ororo, also known as Storm.”
Banshee smiled a classic irish smiled coming across his handosome face. When he stepped into the light Ororo’s breath came in quickly. It was the man that Jesha had created with the imaging system. When Logan introduced her he took her hand and kissed it lightly.
“It’s a pleasure to meet ye lassie.”
Wolverine felt a growl in his throat as he watched Sean kiss Ororo’s hand. He was surprised when he also felt a pang of jealousy. After kissing Ororo’s hand Sean turned to shake Wolverine’s hand.
“Its nice ta meet ya.”
Wolverine accepted and found Mr. Cassidy to have a strong hand shake. Logan caught his eyes and glared hard at him, warning him. Sean returned it matching the intensity of his gaze. When they broke their stare Sean looked at Jesha. Something had changed with her he was concerned.
“come iy’ll lead you to safety. Tis dangerous to stand here in the open.”
He led the three into a nearby building then down a stairwell. He punched in a combination and a ten inch plate of solid adamantium slipped aside. The four descended into the depth of the ground, lead only by the lights in the tunnel. It seemed like they walked for hours. As they walked memories came back in swarms. Memories of the people here, memories of a father chasing her down the tunnel. She could never see the faces of the people, just hear their voices and their laughter. Something within her ached. Sean seemed to notice and gave her a concerned look. He noticed her blue eyes had turned slightly gray with the sadness he found deep in her eyes. When they reached their destination Sean punched in another code and again a large adamantium plate slid aside. It revealed a world without dust, without ruined buildings. They found themselves stepping into a beautiful forest. Ro gasped at the sight.
“how did this surivive?”
Sean laughed.
“We put up a forefield that protects us, the city itself is underground. But this part is not and we spend a bit of time here. This is where our training courts are, where the beauty lies, this is home. Come with me.”
As they walked they passed several large training courts in which there were many students training, there was also a school, they saw many students practicing their powers which ranged from phasing to healing. Ro laughed.
“Its beautiful here Mr Cassidy.”
Sean laughed.
“sean please. And I am glad you like it Miss Munroe. We are fortunate the sentinals and humans have not found us yet.” They wlaked into a hospital looking building and Sean led them to a certain door. He opened it, a women with red hair and deep brown eyes turned and swore.
“sean if ya interrupt me one more time.”
Sean laughed and easily blocked the punch, revealing Jesha, Ro and Logan. Dr Mactaggert stopped her lecture and quiclkly embraced Ro.
“Ororo Munroe how ye’ve grown child.”
She then turned and hugged Jesha.
“And you child ya gave me quite a scare.”
Dr MActaggert studied her.
“Yea don’t know who I am do ya?”
Jesha shrugged sheepishly.
“I’m sorry Dr mactaggert, I don’t know.”
Dr Mactaggert studied her eyes quietly and then reached out and hugged her tighter.
“It’ll come back in time Lassie. It’ll come back in time. O child I’ve missed you.”
Dr macctaggert then tuned to Logan.
“Who is this handsome hunk of a man?”
Ro bit back a laugh, Jesha covered her mouth and pretended to look shocked while Logan turned bright red.
“I’, ughhh….. I’m Logan.”
Sean’s eyes were as wide as saucers as logan glared at him.
“You laugh bub your gonna be picking yourself up off the floor.”
Sean hid his grin. Moira smiled.
“Sean show them all to ma house, let Jesha have her old room back.”
“ay me lady.”
“I’ll get dinner and meet you all there.”
Sean led the way out of the winding building and to two motorcycles. Jesha grinned, one of them was her bike. Sean climbed on and she climbed on behind him. Logan got on the second bike and ro stepped on behind him.
“Stay close Logan.”
Logan growled.
“watch me bub.”
Sean smiled revved the engine and took off. As they drove Sean revealed in the feeling of his fiancée close, she had forgotten all of them and that concerned him, has she forgotten their love and their engagement? What about her Cajun family? He pushed the thoughts out of his mind and drove up the narrow pathway. When they reached the top there was a large mansion. It had a Scottish castle look to it and it took Jesha’s breath away. It was beautiful. Sean pulled up in the courtyard and je and stopped powering down the bike. Jesha stepped off with Sean’s help. He held her hand a moment longer and smiled, his roguishly handsome smile making her weak at the knees. Logan pulled up behind him and helped Ro off the bike. Then got off himself.
A silent confession by DaughteroftheWind
Chapter 6
The three x-men and Banshee stepped into the large castle. They were greeted by multiple man.
“Good day.”
They all nodded in response.
“Jamie show Logan and Ororo to their rooms, I will show Jesha.”
Jamie smiled and then walked over to his long time friend.
“Ey little one.”
Jesha glanced at him sideways.
“Who are you?”
Jamie’s eyes registered hurt and she quickly explained. Jamies smile quickly came back as he replied.
“We’ll have to work on that memory loss of yours. It will come back in time.”
He turned to Logan and Ororo.
“Please follow me.”
Ororo caught Jesha’s arm.
“You going to be ok?”
“Yea I’ll be fine Ro.”
Ro nodded and released her hading after Logan and Jamie. Jesha turned back to Sean.
“Come on lassie, iy’ll show ya to yur room.”
Jesha followed him. As they walked the darkness of the castle was illuminated only by the torch that Sean carried. It was beautiful, with its towering rock walls and beautiful landscape.
“Sean are we underground?”
He laughed a deep rich laughter, his eyes dancing.
“Ay lassie, there was a massive earthquake a few years back and the castle and the lake fell below the ground, we created artificial light and Moira as you will remember and discover, loves everything in the Scottish fashion. So the lassie found a way to create an environment where we can harvest and plant crops and it all looks like the bloody highlands.”
Jesha laughed.
“Ay but ye love the bloody highlands.”
He smiled at her encouraged she was remembering. When they reached the west wing of the castle Sean stopped and pushed open a door. Jesha stepped past his arm and saw a beautiful room. There were only windows across from the door, that led out to a beautiful balcony which overlooked a deep lake. It was beautiful. The room itself had a large bed with curtains around it, there was a large mahogany dresser, a large chest, and two nightstands with lanterns on each. Next to the dresser there was the doorway to the bathroom. It had a large bathtub a shower, and two sinks. Sean watched her explore, fingering small things here and there on the dresser and nightstand. She stopped when she fingered the necklace he had given her, his breath catching in his throat. Jesha’s eyes misted with tears as she remembered. She set it down and turned her face away so he wouldn’t see her tears. Sean’s eyes flashed with hurt, she had never hidden her pain. He took a deep breath and ran his hands exasperatingly through his hair. When she walked into the bathroom she saw a simple silver band on the counter and remembered her hands searching for it when she had left for her mission, promising herself that the moment she got back she would retrieve it. Sean leaning against the door jam watched her finger it fondly and then put it on her finger. He sighed.
“Ay wouldn’t put it back on unless that’s what ye really want lassie. Iy’ll take ya seriously on that.”
Jesha turned and saw the deep hurt she had caused him and walked over slipping her hand in his.
“Sean I’m sorry I cannot remember.”
He reached out and brushed his fingers along her face his green eyes piercing.
“I’ll hold to yur word lass, but if you remember and decide its not what you want I’ll understand.”
His voice was husky and full of pain, at his touch Jesha’s skin was inflamed and an overwhelming feeling of love and regret filled her. She nestled her cheek in his strong hand.
“I dunno laddie what has happened to me or why I disappeared but I do know that at one time I loved you, and those emotions aren’t gone. Just give me time.”
Sean smiled one of her hands was soflty in his holding it gently and the other dropped at her side. Tears began to fill his eyes.
“I love ye lassie, you hold the key to ma heart. I’ll wait a lifetime for ye.”
She allowed him to pull her into a hug his chin resting on the crown of her head, just holding her close inhaling her scent. They stood there just holding one another for several minutes. When they broke apart Sean gently caressed her face.
“I’ve missed ya lassie.”
She grinned flirtatiously. He smiled at she broke away from him, the two walked down the stairs to dinner at Jamie’s insistent yelling. When they reached the dining room Jesha was glad to see Moira and the two xmen at the table. A few others joined them that they enjoyed seeing. These included Quicksilver and his family, Dazzler, Anarchist, Feral, December and Clarion. The evening passed with laughter, stories, good food, beer and a bit of Irish whiskey. When the whiskey came out Moira in her Scottish way insisted that ororo and Logan have some. Logan noticed Ororo’s hesitation and smiled, remembering the last time she had alcohol. It made him laugh. Ro cast him a death glare.
“What?”
Logan grin slowly got bigger.
“Nothing.”
He turned back to Quicksilver who was beside him. She watched him quietly. He ran his hands through his unruly black hair, is almost animalistic smile touched with a certain tenderness, turned into a roaring laughter that emitted from his diaphragm. He took a slight strand of hair behind his sideburn and began to gently play with it. Ro resisted reaching out and grabbing his hand. His unruly bangs flopped in his face and she pushed them aside. Goddess he was attractive, always had been she chuckeld to herself, he was the bad boy every girl wanted to tame.Since Xaviers passing Logan had stepped into the fatherly role for the mansion, his love for the kids and his commitment to the team, to her, hit her like a freight train. The other nights display of tenderness had shocked Ororo Munroe to the core. Who was this man? He was deeper than his grey eyes ever could tell her. He had a streak of protection love and tenderness in him that she was O godess.. attracted to. She was attracted to him, had been for along time. Something within her snapped and her better judgmenent went down the drain. He was her teammate her friend, her brother practically how could she think like this?? Moira came over and handed her an irish car bomb which was promptly lit on fire and dropped in the beer. She groaned. Logan turned to face her again. His hand reaching out to stop her.
“No Logan I want it.”
His eyebrows shot up in surprise.
“Ro now look you’ll be drunk in nothing flat.”
Her eyes flashed seductively.
“MM that I will.”
She picked up the beer and faster than Logan could have guessed she chugged it. He watched her finish it, grabbed his own and chugged it. Toward the end of the night a good portion of the crew a tad drunk, Sean grabbed Jesha’s hand and led her out of the hall. Jesha thankful followed him out. Not a word was said until they stepped outside in the warm night. Jesha turned to him her hand interwoven with his.
“Don’t you ever miss seeing the stars?”
He laughed.
“ay lassie, but ya know Moira, The lasshas got a provision for everything.”
He flipped a switch on the side wall and a canopy of stars appeared above on the cave roof. A moon casting its beams into the darkness, providing a bit of light.
Sean smiled as she gasped in awe. It was beautiful.
“Which side of the stars would ya like to see lassie?”
Jesha smiled.
“Forever the charmer you are.”
He grinned.
“And?”
She laughed as he pulled her into a hug.
“O no and its just I remember a time when you got yourself in a bit of trouble with the ladies because of it.”
“Tsall in me past lassie.”
His eyes turned serious as he gazed at her.
“Jesha iy meant what Iy said, I love you and you’re the only women for me. If ya ask me I’ll go with you back to that time, just don’t leave me alone lassie, Me heart couldn’t handle it.”
Jesha smiled, reaching up and caressing the contours of his face. Her fingers making her way down his chiseled jaw line.
Meanwhile back at the mansion Ro was on her second drink and Logan watched her chug it. Lord fear her in the morning she was going to be grouchy. Against his better judgment he let her drink a third and a fourth. She leaned over to him her voice thick with alcohol.
“Damm yur healing factor. I wasss trying to get ya drunk.”
Logan raised an eyebrow at her obvious intent and grabbed her by the wrist.
“Come on I’m putting you to bed.”
“But I don’t wannna go ta bed.”
Logan grunted.
“Yeah well We’re going there.”
Ro replied hervoice two octaves higher than usual replied.
“Ouk Logan. Mr sexy hot pants.”
Logan was surprised at her title for him and glanced at her. She was three sheets to the wind. She threw the shot glass over her shoulder and allowed him to guide her out. Logan did and as they walked he watched his leader and friend lose complete control.
“Logan why have you never slept with me? Am I not attractive enough for you?”
Logan was surprised at the question. Of course she would ask that. He bit back a reply, he had thought about it a hundred times, orchestrated out how it would happen. He groaned inwardly. Might as well go for it she wouldn’t remember in the morning anyway
“It wasn’t that you weren’t attractive enough. Ro you’re the most beautiful women at the mansion. I’ve come to care for you so much in the past four years. Its hard to see you shoulder the world and hurt and cry in the silence of your own room. I just never thought you were interested.”
They had reached her door. She stepped in. Before closing it she looked at him with a drunken glazed look.
“Thank you for your honesty Logan you were right I never was interested.”
He nodded as she closed the door. When the door slammed closed he leaned his head against the door and whispered.
“Truth is Ro I never got to close because I could get lost in you.”
Songs by DaughteroftheWind
Chapter 7
Logan walked away from ro’s room that night deep in thought. Did he love her or was it just a fleeting were in another time and shes attractive thing? Had he fallen for his best friend? He was lost in his thought and didn’t notice Sean walk up.
“Hey Logan.”
“Hey Sean.”
“Whats going on?”
Logan growled.
“Watcha mean bub?”
“Oy laddie calm down Iy was just asking.”
Logan sighed.
“Sean have you ever hadone of those moments when you thought you loved someone and never could tell em. Because they were yer teammate and friend?”
Sean raised an eyebrow.
“Ay. Iy had that with Jesha.”
“What made you act?”
“iy realized that she was what iy wanted more than anything in the world. When iy thought about her being in my life apart of it I could think of nothing else iy wanted more. A piece of me would go missing unless she was there. To laugh with me. That was the day iy almost lost her. Then Iy pursued her and now shes mine Logan.”
Logan sighed.
“it’s a hard step bub.”
“ay it is. But if ye love ro Logan you’ll pursue and woe her heart.”
Logan smiled.
“I might at that Bub.”
Ro woke up early the next morning her head pouding, and her heart aching. She remembered rather vaguely having three or four irish care bombs and groaned. She stepped into the shower hoping the warm water would wash away the pounding in her head. After she finished she headed down into the expanse hall. Jesha met her halfway and smiled.
“How ya feeling?”
“I have the worse headache and I don’t remember anything that happened.”
Jesha smiled.
“You were pretty drunk Ro.”
“that I was, just don’t raise your voice.”
The younger women chuckled and the two walked together to the dining hall. When they reached it Sean’s face lifted in a smile.d He came up and hugged Jesha. She smiled and enjoyed his affection When she brokeout of the hug she laced her arm around his waist and they walked to the table together quickly getting caught up in conversation. After a few moments he looked at Logan and Ororo.
“Your jet was taken yesterday by the sentinals chances of getting it back without loss are pretty slim.”
Logan growled.
“First off bub, why don’t you explain how the hell we got here in the first place.”
Sean sighed and raked his hands through is hair.
“I will do my best. What was a year in our time, a few months in yours, Jesha left . She was attacked by a group of sentinals and pushed her TDC. It transported her to your time. When she left it created a rift in time, causing a time bubble. All I can assume is when you sensed a mutant being held in a compound in upper Canada all I can assume is the fact that your reality somehow crossed with ours. And well there are many mutants being held in the compounds here. Your in our time, but your reality is now part of ours. This can be dangerous in the sense that the sentinals if they discover it can go back and change time. It’s a dangerous game.”
Logan quirked an eyebrow.
“So what does that mean?”
Sean sighed and rubbed his hands again through is hair.
“The only thing that will change it is we must fight the sentinals and guard that border between your time and ours.”
Jesha spoke up.
“Can’t we just close the bubble by sending Logan and ororo back?”
Sean smiled at her lovingly.
“No the damage has been done. Once a bubble is opened it cannot be closed until a certain order of events happens. No one really knows what they are, it has to do with divine power, its not something we control. We just know it to be true. Once a bubble is opened it becomes a threat. It cannot be simply closed by setting back into place the events that caused its existence.”
Ororo glanced at him.
“So you all have the ability to move through time?”
Jesha smiled.
“Yes in fact. We protect you.”
“HUH?”
Moira came in at this point.
“What she means is that we basically make sure the sentinals don’t transport through time and change it. That’s where we got most of our time equipment. Jesha’s a shrewd thief, just like her mother. They haven’t been able to penetrate our barriers, or even find a way in. so we are safe for now. The only way to solve the problem is to eliminate the problem and destroy them. Jesha had just gotten back from about two years previously to stop the phoenix from killing Xavier, but it was unsuccessful, she was shot by a mutant radicalism. Then she faced the phoenix before the wound was healed. She was severely damaged as well as her TDC was damaged, so she stumbled into your time. What was merely a few months for you was an entire two years for us. The time bubble causes our time to escalate faster than yours.”
“So you protect us from the threat of the sentinals and we didn’t even know you existed. Who are you people?”
Logan confused looked at them.
“So how do we eliminate them terminally?”
Sean smiled at Logan.
“We fight Logan, we find their weak points and we fight. We fight to protect both our time and yours.”
“Well then we’ll stay and fight.”
Moira spoke up.
“Theres one more thing all three of you need to know.”
Ororo raised an eyebrow
“And that would be.”
“Jesh you want to tell them?”
“Tell them what Moira?”
“ You don’t remember child do you.”
“NO I’m afraid not.
“Jesha, Logan and Ororo are your parents.”
The room fell dead quiet. Logan looked at Ororo, Ororo looked at Logan and Jesha stared at the both of them. After three minutes of dead silence Logan threw up his hands.
“Ok your off your rocker its official. How in the hell can she be our daughter. We’ve never even been together.”
Ororo sat back this whole time her eyes confused. She looked closely at Jesha and saw her own piercing blue yes looking back at her, she saw the rigid jawline, and Logans unruly black hair.
“Goddess.”
With that one word she got up and walked away, she made her way back to her room her heart pouding in her chest. Sure she’d thought about sleeping with Logan, but this was just to much. They had a daughter? Was it a one night stand or a lifetime of commitment? Had she been there to raise her daughter or had it been another cruel touch of time. She and Jesha had become good friends over the past few months, but her daughter? It was almost to much. Ororo walked out on the balcony of her room that overlooked a large city and groaned, she needed to hurt something.
Meanwhile back on the dining hall, Jesha’s hands were shaking under the table. Logan ran a frustrated hand through his unruly hair. He cursed and abruptly stood up from his chair. He began pacing in front of the fireplace. It was just to much for Jesha She turned and walked from the room slamming the large oak doors behind her. Sean looking after her in concern. Moira groaned.
“Well that went well. I’m going to the lab.”
The three women gone for the room Sean looked at Logan.
“Well it looks like its down to just you and me.”
“I need a strong drink. Care to join me?”
Sean laughed.
“Come on I know just the place. “
Jesha went back to her room grabbed her double katanas and restocked her aromory and headed to the garage. When she reached it she threw one leg over the bike and revved it. It took off down the hill into the city, she would take the north exit to the surface. When she reached the ruined city she stopped clicked on the gps in her helmet. She located the nearest sentinel city and headed that way. She rode across the forested land keeping and eye out for sentinals. When she reached the outskirts of the city she pushed the cloaking and muffling device on her bike making her noiseless and invisible. She rode to the sentinel compound and stepped off her bike its invisibility shield still in place. She walked quickly through the compound using her powers to reform the camera’s vision. She used her powers to take out three of the sentinel guards. She made her way quietly through the lab compound searching for the door to the prison below. When she found it she pulled out two ninja stars and took out the human guards. She walked down into the prison area and looked for the mutant she had come for. He was a older man with a bald head. The scans Hank had given them of this mans power matched perfectly. She blasted a few more guards and grabbed the keys off the guards belt. She unlocked the door andlooked at the older man, he was in a wheel chair. She looked at him carefully.
“How fast can that thing go?”
He grinned at her a fatherly grin.
“Fast enough.”
“Lets go then.”
“and the others?”
“We’ll get them out don’t worry.”
She stepped out in the hallway.
“I’m looking for a mutant named Shermaine is she here?”
One of Jesha’s closest friends stepped forth.
“Jesh your alive, get me outta here.”
Jesha grinned.
“How you got here in the first place will be a story.”
Jesha unlocked the door and caught her friend in a close hug.
“I missed you Jesh.”
“And I you Maine. Get the others out. Head for the south entrance. I will keep them busy for now.”
“And him?”
“Got my bike out back. Be careful Maine.”
“I will girl I will.”
Jesha threw her and a few other good friends a couple of guns.
“Use these to get away if your deteted.”
“Joe I need you to block the sensors as much as possible.”
The red haired man smiled.
“NO prob. I miss doing jail breaks with ya.”
Jesha laughed and then looked at the older man.
“Ready?”
“Lets go.”
Jesha quickly led the way out. When they reached her bike she saw several young human teenagers hanging out in the general vicinity, she could use them. She stpped out motioning the older man to stay put. The teenagers looked up at her approach.
“Hey kids wanna earn a few bucks?”
They all smiled.
‘What do you need done?”
“Oh just a distraction. Authorities are after my dad, jail break.”
A young man with a mohawk seeming to be the leader stepped forward.
“Love to.”
Jesha outlined a plan, the tennagers grinned and grabbed the paint bombs she gave them as well as some money.
“Thank Muty.”
Jesha nodded.
“Anytime kid.”
The older man came around the corner, Jesha lifted him gently with her powers and put him on the back of her bike. She turned on the engine and put the invisibility shield on. They made it halfway through town before a group of six sentinals spotted them. The man behind her with concern in his voice spoke.
“You were just spotted by six sentinals.”
Jesha smiled.
“I know I was trying to be.”
The six machines stomped down the street after them, Jesha weaving inbetween buildings and people. All of a sudden two of the sentinals began to attack each other.
“Those two are run by humans I can handle that.”
She smiled at the mans response to them. She radioed headquarters on a secure channel, through her helmet.
“You got a wave coming in.”
“Roger that ghostrider.”
As they finished making their way out of town the group of teenagers stepped in and began throwing the paint bombs. The machines confused went after the teenagers who quickly darted to hide, two of the four chased them. Jesha gunned the bike through the forest until they got to the abandoned city. When they reached it she parked the bike and waited for the sentinals. After about an hour the sentinals seemed to give up and left the abandoned city. Jesha turned the bike on after she made sure they were gone and headed to the west entrance to the city. She punched in the pass code and put the bike through, they went through extensive security measures and after being released Jesha took the motorcycle to the hospital. Moira was there and glared at her.
“Just what did you think you were doing child?”
“I was freeing the prisoners that what I came here to do.”
She looked a the man on the back of the bike and took a sharp intake of breath followed.
“Charles.”
Charles Xavier had never been more surprised in his life to see Moira Mactaggert. He smiled weakly, Jesha lifted him off her bike with her powers and set him down on a hospital bed.
“This is the mutant we were after.”
“He is the mutant you were trying to save from the Phoenix four years ago in the human time, what happened?”
Jesha shrugged.
“I dunno. Where’s Maine?”
Moira smiled.
“In the foyer helping me.”
Jesha walked out of the room and found Maine helping an injured young man.
“Trouble?”
“Yeah they caught us on the outskirts, One of the mutants had a locator In thier blood. Don’t worry we did a check on everyone again before we brought them here.”
“How many did we get out?”
“Out of the seventy that were there. Twenty.”
“Damm.”
“Jesh, why did you risk your life for us?”
“The man I got out, Hes important the sentinals wanted him. It was a weakness I exploited. Besides I missed your teasing.”
Maine laughed and finished stitching the boys wound. Sean came in at that moment. He grabbed Jesha gruffly by the arm.
“We need to talk now.”
She followed him as he half dragged her out of the room. As soon as they were out of sight of anyone he turned on her.
“Jesha what the hell were ya thinking. Ya could’ve been killed Lassie. Whay couldn’t ya wait for me?”
Jesha smiled and watched him visibly still with her smile.
“Ay get like that sometimes. Ya know that.”
Sean’s features softened.
“Iy do but lassie I can’t lose ya again and that was amighty stupid thing to do. What if ye’d been caught?”
“Then I would have found a way out.”
Seans shoulders dropped. Jesha stepped towards him and he enfolded her in his arms. Jesha reached up as his eyes met hers and her hand met his cheek.
“I’m right here love. I’m not leaving.”
The pain in Sean’s eyes betrayed him and his eyes searched her.
“Are ye ok lass? You had quite a shock earlier.”
Jesha nodded.
“I think I’ll be fine.”
He lifted her chin with two fingers and gazed lovingly into her eyes.
“I love ye lass.”
Jesha smiled and reached up twining her arms around his neck. Before he could protest she kissed him her lips gently grazing his. Sean was surprised for a second and then pulled her closer relishing in her affection, he deepened their kiss. When air became necessary they broke apart. He stroked her cheek.
“There’s my lassie.”
Jesha grinned and kissed him soflty again. He hugged her holding her tight for a moment he had missed her so much. For Jesha memories flooded back, memories of him, she loved him, he took her hand and led her back to the hospital. Moira smiled when they walked back in.
“Jesha I need some help.”
Several hours later all of the patients treated Jesha walked into the phyisicians lounge and saw Sean sleeping in the chair. Jesha grinned he looked very cute. She walked gently over to him and tickled the tip of his ear with her hair. He groaned and swatted at his ear. Jesha suppressed a giggle and did it again. This time he surprised her and grabbed her around the waist, she yelped as she tumbled into his lap. His lips stopped her from saying anything passionately kissing her. He broke away a moment later leaving her breathless.
“That was an unorthodox move.”
He smiled.
“dinner ten minutes You and me?”
Jesha smiled and squeezed his hand.
“I need to go find Ororo. She hasn’t been back to the house all day. Logan called me a bit ago.”
He nodded.
“Want ma to come?”
“No I think I need to handle this one on my own.”
He smiled understandingly.
“OK well be careful.”
She nodded kissed him one more time and got up. Sean watched her go and grinned. She noticed his scrutiny and just before the door closed she flipped her hips just for him. Sean chuckled. She was going to be his wife soon. Jesha walked out and straddled her bike once more. She drove throughout the town looking in several of the pubs. IN John ODaily’s Jesha found her playing pool with several gruff looking men. When they saw her wlak through the door one of the whooped and ran over catching her in a hug. Jesha laughed at her friends antics.
“Ay John.”
“ lassie your back, I missed ya. Sean been treating ya right?”
Jesha laughed.
“Ay John. Whos the new lady?”
“Dunno she just came in and started wiping them all clean.”
Jesha chuckled.
“Gimme a beer, and one for the lady.”
John chuckled.
“ be careful shes a good one.”
Jesha nodded.
“I will.”
Jesha reached over to the rack grabbed a stick and walked over to the table.
“I’m taking over your game James.”
“Go for it. I’m losing anyways.”
“clear out.”
“But Jesh.”
“NO buts. Just do it.”
James growled but was silenced quickly by a look form Jesha. John brought in the two beers.
“your break.”
Jesha leaned over the table and made her shot, it was clean and smooth, the one ball going into the pocket.
“Wanna talk about it.”
Ro snorted as she shot.
“Aren’t I supposed to be asking you that question?”
Jesha took a long drink of her beer.
“I’m allright.”
Ro grimaced again.
“Well then I’m fine considering I have a daughter from a man who I’ve never slept with. Thought about it a few times, but never went through with it.”
She shot to hard and the ball missed. Jesha got in the position to sink the four ball and looked soflty at the women who was a friend and also her mother.
“Look Ro, you were there for me, you and Logan both. He was a good father and you two were very much in love. It wasn’t a one night stand, it was a lifelong commitment. You were the best mom anyone could ask for. You and baba were always there no matter what I needed. No matter how much I screwed up.”
“were?”
Jesha sighed.
“ You were killed trying to save me when I was twelve, Baba after your death melted into nothing of a man, he passed on a year later.”
Ororo watched pain flash through her eyes.
“How long were we married?”
“Almost twenty years.”
“Godess.. I was married to him for twenty years.” Ororo’s thoughts were betrayed by her eyes, as she moved to make another shot.
“ So if Logan and I never get together your never born right?”
“No it just means that another universe will be created.”
Ororo swore underneath her breath.
“Lovely.”
“ Ro theres no pressure here. You and Logan have to make your own decision. I’m little to no consequence.”
Ororo cast her a sharp glare.
“Godess you do matter Jesha. You do, your important to me , as for Logan that’s his call.”
Ororo crossed to the other side of the table and took the young women in her arms.
“I’ve missed you mom.”
Ro laughed as they hugged.
“If only I’d known kiddo if only I could go back and live the life you remember me living.”
Jesha pulled away and chuckled.
“I wouldn’t want you to Ro. You may be my mother but your also my friend. We’ve had quite a different relationship recently.”
Ro laughed again.
“I’m glad there is understanding I am not going to be a good mom.”
At these words Jesha threw back her head and roared with laughter.
“I don’t expect you to be someone I remembered Ororo Munroe.”
They laughed and finished their game. When they were done, they headed out and jumped on the bike. When they reached the castle Sean walked up and smiled.
“Hey glad you found her.”
He walked over and kissed her ever so gently. Ro raised an eyebrow.
“Remember Banshee who’s presence your in.”
Sean immediately released Jesha and smiled.
“Yes marm.”
Ro laughed and smacked him in the shoulder.
“Ready for dinner?”
“I am I’m hungry.”
Sean smiled down at her.
“lets go then.”
They headed into dinner enjoying the company of the mutants that had been rescued that day. Logan walked over to Ro and sat down beside her. Her piercing blue eyes met his and he smiled. He put a strong hand on her shoulder.
“You ok?”
She nodded.
“I’m fine Logan.”
“Good.”
He smiled and put a rough hand on her shoulder squeezing it gently.
“How are things since the other night?”
“Good, just a lot of shock lately.”
He smiled, gneuinly concerned.
Ororo loved it when he looked at her like that.
“ A bit is a mild statement love, you’ve been through so much here. Know I’m here if you ever need me.”
Ororo smiled.
“I know.”
“good.”
With that Logan turned to one of the other mutant kids. The kid was asking about Logan training some of them for battle. Logan nodded and agreed. Ororo watched as he interacted with the young man. *He’d be a good father, must have been to Jesha, could I really in another time and place be married to this man. Goddess why am I thinking this?* She snapped herself back to reality and watched as Sean walked over to Logan. He said something that she couldn’t hear and watched as Logan grinned and nodded. Sean smiled and clapped Logan on the shoulder. Several other men gathered around the. Ororo slipped out of the room quietly and made her way outside, she needed to release her tumulus emotions.
Thunder crackled in the distance as she summoned a wind and rode it out of the castle. The rain was pelting her face and hair, she loved the rain. She let her emotions out thunder crackling again. She landed on the opposite shore of the lake and sat for just a few minutes her tears of frusteration falling down her cheeks. The rain fell hard hiding them. In the silence broken only by the sound of the rain pelting down she lifted her voice and began singing in Swahili. Her song was a sad lullaby that spoke or warriors going off to war, being captured and coming home years later to find their loved ones with totally different lives. As the final notes ended and her sad song came to a close another voice began another song in Swahili. It spoke of a mothers pain and a childs wish to wipe her tears away. Ororo looked around only to see Jesha walk out of the shadows. Still singing, Jesha walked over to her and put a finger under her chin, lifting her eyes. The words to her song translate as follows.
“My dear mother how I wish I could take away your pain, wipe the hurt from your eyes. Will you smiled just for me, so your eyes will dance again. The sun is still shining, and the Earth is still alive. So tell me why do you cry?”
Ororo’s eyes filled with tears, when she was younger she had written that song for the mother she never knew. As Jesha’s song came to a close Ororo looked at her.
“Did I teach you that song?”
“Yes Ro you did.”
Ro smiled. It was a bit bitter, but she smiled. Jesha spoke soflty to her in Swahili and Ororo reached out and embraced her. Together the two walked back to the castle talking, comforting and consoling one another. When they reached the castle they looked at each other and laughed.
“You are soaked.”
“That bad uh?”
Ro gave her a death glare and Jesha laughed. Together the two walked to her room and Jesha handed her a clean pair of clothes. Ro gratefully changed into the jeans and tshirt. Jesha chose a pair of sport pants and a tshirt.
“Wanna talk about it?”
“Nothing to talk about.”
Jesha nodded and together they headed back downstairs. When they reached the main dining hall Logan and Sean and most of the men were gone. Moira smiled.
“They went outside to resolve a fight between Logan and Sean.”
Both of the women rolled their eyes.
“Oh dear.”
“I however am going to retire in the library with the fireplace. Would you two like to join me.”
“Love to.”
The three women headed into the expanse library. It had shelves with books stacked to the tall ceiling, against the far wall was a huge fireplace, it also stretched the the heights of the tall ceiling. Jesha walked over to the book, lifted herself off the floor and grabbed crime and punishment by Fyodor Dostoevsky. Moira chuckled.
“You’ll wear that book out lassie.”
Jesha chuckled.
“I know I know.”
Moira and Ororo started getting lost I na conversation as Jesha got involved in Dostoevsky’s crime and Punishment. They heard the men walk in but they never came into the library. The three women talked and enjoyed the crackling fireplace as its fingers of light danced off the rooftop. After about and hour a gentle knock sounded on the door. Moira yelled a “come in” and the double door opened.
Ro had her faced turned towards the roaring fire, she heard the double doors open and close. Moira’s voice called her back to attention.
“Charles please come and join us.”
Ororo turned expecting to see a total stranger when she saw Charles Xavier. He was walking for one, for another his kind fatherly smile caught her off guard.
“Hello ororo.”
Ororo’s face went ashen white. The man came over and caught her in a gentle hug. When Ororo finally found her tongue she looked at the man standing before her.
“Charles how are you here?”
He laughed a gentle laugh.
“ The Phoenix didn’t destroy me, it appeared to you and Logan that she did, but she simply threw me through time. Here I was taken by the authorities and was put in the jail cell. Moira found me helped me escape and I’ve lived here ever since.”
Ro’s eyes flashed with hot tears of anger.
“Charles why did you leave us?”
“I have no way of traveling through time Ororo. Plus what a shock it would have been to your system.”
“That’s no excuse charles. We needed you. The children needed you. Logan, hell I needed you.”
“Ororo..”
“No charles.”
She got up angrily and walked out the double doors slamming. Charles Xavier like a tired warrior sat down in the chair a moment and then got up to follow her. Jesha who hadn’t said a word the entire conversation, got up when he did and blocked his path to the door.
“Leave her.”
Moira glared at Jesha.
“Jesha he is your elder respect him.”
“ I do but give her time Mr Xavier. I don’t know who you are or why you upset her so much but give her time.”
“Who are you child?”
“My name is Jesha. I am her daughter.”
Charles settled down in a chair where she stood motioning to the one she had vacated.
“Tell me this story child.”
Before Jesha could begin Sean walked into the room and kissed her soflty. He noticed the dancing of her eyes.
“What?”
“Your kind of interrupting laddie.”
His eyes began to dance with laughter.
“Am ay now?”
Charles grinned at Sean.
“Sit down Laddie I’m trying to talk to her.”
Sean threw him a death glare and then curled up next to Jesha, who promptly snuggled close. She then began her story. When she finished Charles stroked his chin.
“So Logan is also here?”
Jesha nodded.
“Yes.”
“I will talk to him in the morning. Well we’ll all talk more in the morning there may be a way to strategize to eliminate these sentinals once and for all. The cost may be great though.”
Jesha nodded she knew full well.
The beggining by DaughteroftheWind
Logan stood out on the balcony smoking his cigar when Ororo joined him. He smiled at her.
“Hey kid.”
“Hey Logan.”
“how you doing darlin?”
Ro snorted a microbrew in hand She put her finger on her chin in mock thinking.
“Lets see aside from the fact that my mentor is now alive, I was married to you for twenty years, I had a daughter and never even slept with the man who I had her with. Not only that I am in the middle of a war that could kill us all, and I’m living another lifetime, I’m hella good.”
Logan grinned, and no she was nowhere near drunk. She looked sexy in her basketball shorts and her muscleshirt. He grinned.
“and you?”
Logan smiled.
“About the same.”
Ororo laughed.
“A good couple we make.”
He stepped closer to her, it had been three months since they had been here. She was leaning against the wall. Logan walked over near her and her breath caught in her throat. She and Logan had played at romance before but it was always just a game. He wasn’t playing a game this time. His lips soflty met hers a gentle yet a slightly possessive kiss. Ororo felt herself aroused as he kissed her. She bit back a moan as she twined her arms around his neck returning his kiss. Logan growled his pleasure a deep throaty sounds that called to the animal within her. She deepened their kiss. When air became necessary he broke away, biting her lower lip as he did.
“Kiss me like that I’d think you’d want more Logan.”
Logan didn’t reply but kissed her again. Ororo felt an ache between her legs and pushed him away slightly.
“Logan we can’t do this.”
He nuzzled her his voice a low growl of desire in her ear.
“Ororo I care about you. The answer to why I’ve never showed is because I’m afraid to lose myself in you. I’m falling in love with you. Let me fall in love with you.”
His last words came out as a plee. Ororo felt her defenses breaking and kissed him gently one more time, then stepped away.
“ I can’t Logan. I just can’t.”
Betraying every emotion in her heard Ororo munroe stepped away and walked to her room.
Several days later Jesha was up and grabbed her cycling clothes, she threw them on and went to knock on Ororo’s door. Ro was laying in bed contemplating if she wanted to get up when a knock came on the door, she went to the door to find Jesha smiling at her. She threw a pair of shorts and a jersey at her and ro groaned.
“Whats this?”
“Come on mom lets go.”
“And where are we going?”
“For a ride, put those on or I’ll do it for you and you know I’ll give you a wedgie.”
Ororo Munroe in all her life had never heard something so ridiculous.
“You give me a wedgie?”
Jesha raised an eyebrow pushed her way into the room and lifted Ororo easily off the floor. Ororo was surprised.
“OK OK put me down I’ll put them on.”
Jesha smirked and turned to go, she was rewarded by a shock of lightning from Ro’s finger. She yelped slightly and growled.
“You better be glad there is padding on my butt or you’d bein deep shit.”
Ororo let out a laugh as she closed the door. She quickly changed into the clothes surprised once again that her daughter’s clothes fit so well. A few minutes later she emerged and Jesha smiled. Ten minutes later Ro rode a nice mountain bike out of the garage her daughter soon following. Together they started riding through the city, and then into the outer bounds of the underground security system.
“Is this safe Jesh?”
Jesha chuckled.
“Yes it’s safe I’m taking you to an abandoned city that has an amazing view.”
Ororo smiled.
“Sounds good.”
They rode for what seemed to be and hour and then Jesha pulled up short. Ororo stopped next to her. Jesha stored her bike in the nearby bushed and Ororo followed suit. Jesha led her out onto a large bluff that over looked the ocean, out in its tumulus waves there were several rock faces and structures. It took Ororo’s breath away it was absolutely beautiful.
“Oh Jesh its gorgeous.”
“Isn’t it though?”
“Where are we exactly?”
“In your time this is the Wildwood New Jersey, it has miles of endless beach and a ruined lighthouse.”
Ororo smiled as her daughter walked out on the very edge of the bluff, the wind whipping through her hair. The wind blew through her jersey causing its colors to ripple. Ororo smiled and walked over by her daughter. She studied her intently. Jesha had her eyes closed and her arms outstretched. Jesha had Ororo’s eyes and her fathers unruly black hair. It was pulled back in a tight ponytail.
“You remind me so much of myself when I was younger Jesha.”
Jesha opened her eyes and glanced at her mother.
“You once told me I was you mother.”
Ro laughed.
“ I could see myself saying that. What did we do together Jesha?”
“Exactly what we are doing mother. We spent time together, whether it was playing in the tidepools, bikeriding, you taught me how to fly, I was able to fly from when I was about three.”
Ororo smiled.
“Tidepools ? Are there some around here?”
Jesha laughed.
“Not but there are on those rocks. Can you swim?”
Ororo glanced at her.
“Heck yeah I can. But somehow I have an idea there’s more than tide pooling?”
Jesha laughed.
“I hate how much you can read me.”
“Its that mischevious look in your eyes. What is it?”
“O just a bit of disabling.”
“Like what kind?”
“I need some fog.”
Ororo laughed.
“Got it. What are you going to do?”
“Go for a swim.”
Jesha put on her goggles and jumped off the cliff. Ororo watched her, she was sight to behold. Her black hair was released and she dove into the blue water. Jesha swam into the depths putting a small mouthpiece in her mouth to breath. She avoided the surveillance animals and robots alike, hiding behind large rocks and beds of seaweed. She swam for a good five minutes and then saw her destination. She quickly walked over to it, knocking out the divers that attempted to stop her. She swam to the back popped the hatch and went inside. She knocked out several of the guards and then walked over to the panel. There were three prison controls here. She released the lock on all the doors and then stepped outside. Using her powers Jesha opened the bottom of the sea and the surveillance post was swallowed. She pushed off the bottom gaining enough momentum and shot herself out of the water, landing lightly on the shore. Ororo stood there a grin on her face.
“Is it done?”
“Yes.”
“What exactly did you do?”
“I disabled a surveillance post and I unlocked the doors for several prisons.”
“Its that easy?”
“Well diving about 300 feet down isn’t easy.”
Ro laughed.
“So are we going to go see those tide pools?”
“of course.”
The two women swam over to a nearby island and wandered around for several hours.
“Jesh did Logan ever leave?”
“NO he never left you nor did he leave the students he kept his promise to chuck to keep his family safe.”
“and you?”
Jesha laughed.
“I was a mistake that he took kindly to.”
“What do you mean?”
“You were never supposed to have me mom. You and Baba didn’t plan for me. When I was born Baba said he was the proudest man on Earth. He used to pick me up in the living room and throw me as high as the roof would allow. He never once missed a catch. He loved me mama. As did you. You were both amazing parents.”
“Godess Jesha I’ve lived and entire lifetime without my knowledge I had a daughter and a husband whom I loved. O for just a taste of that.”
Jesha smiled.
“Could you really love him Mom?”
“ I don’t even want to think of it.”
Jesha smiled.
“I understand.”
“So whos the cute irish man?”
“Sean and I met after Baba died, He came form Ireland and began fighting with us. We trained together fought together and won a lot together. One of the first times we fought together we were in a group of sentinals, I was pulling one of my usual stunts and got a lot of people to safety. The only problem was my healing factor had been on overload. I was shot in the leg and fell so I couldn’t walk. He came back for me. Soon after I healed and together we took out an entire sentinel city. We fought many battles together after that simply finding we were a good team. He found out I loved to skimboard. I would go out in the mornings here and skim board in the surf. Heon the other hand loved to surf. One particular day he sat out on the waves and watched me for almost an hour. I finally noticed him when he came in he was a good surfur. He came in and asked me to teach him to skim board. It was a lot of fun. Early the next morning he came into my room and roused me super early. He took me here and handed me a surfboard. We watched the sunrise and spent the remainder of the morning surfing together. Our first run he got up behind me on the board and steadied me. I’ve never been so close to a man, the difference was he never tried to take advantage of me. We also began noticing a growing attraction between us we enjoyed drinking irish car bombs a lot together, we hung out played pool, healed people together fought together, laughed together had fun together . One particular day he caught me walking through the rain by the lake, I had been thinking of you and Baba and I missed you both. He laced his fingers in mine and held me close as I cried. I kissed him that day, I had never felt anything like that. We made out for forty five minutes. As we walked back one of us would grab for the other leading to another kiss. It was an amazing feeling. I was afraid mom, I was afraid of his love and I lost him. Or so I thought we sat and had a talk in a coffee shop I told him I just wanted a friendship. He looked carefully at me and told me ever so gently a kiss couldn’t lie. I knew but was afraid. We became even closer friends fought hard together and then about two months before I came to save Charles he broke down and told me how much he loved me and proposed. I accepted and here we are.”
“Why do you love him?”
“I love him because he’s Sean. I love the way his eyes light up when I come into the room, I love the passion that fills his eyes when we kiss. I can’t wait until we’re married and can be one in all senses of the word. Hes amazing mom. I love him simply because hes Sean.”
Jesha’s simple declaration made Ororo smiled. She’d never known that kind of love.
Without warning Jesha’s senses started going crazy.
“Ro we gotta a problem.”
“What?”
“sentinals closing in. Move.”
The two women sprang up and headed for the nearby forest. Jesha scrambled up a tree and waited. Three large anisentinals (Big ones with a bad attitude) strode into the clearing. They did a quick scan. Jesha jumped out of the tree and landed on ones shoulder.
“Shit.”
The human inside the head smiled.
“Better believe it mutie. These won’t be easy for you to kill.”
Another of the machines spoke.
“stop messing with her grommie, just kill her.”
As he spoke Jesha’s fingers groped the outside avoiding the machines hands as it reached for her. Jesha offered a sweet smile to the human and pushed the button, taking away the humans covering, her hands shot to her knife as the human called the machines gun to her head. Jesha thought face and dove out of the way the guns catching the human full in the chest. Using her momentum she swung herself into the machine a bullet finding her arm. She cursed and the protective pane slip into place. Roro seeing this from a nearby bush smiled as her daughters voice echoed in her head.
*Ro I am going to distract them button is on the left towards the bottom, push it kill him get inside.*
*roger that*
Ororo watched as Jesha took the inside guy. They battled, Jesha madly workingthe control’s. ro made her way easily up the spectator bot, pushed the button and used her powers to fling the man into the nearby sea. She climbed in lowered the protective face and moved the sentinel into the fray between Jesha and the last human.
*Grab his feet. I’ll grab his hand and we’ll play a little swing low sweet chariots with him.*
Ororo snorted. And then reached for the other sentinals feet. She grasped them and pulled them out from underneath him as Jesha grabbed his hands. Together the two of them swung him and realeased him over the side of the cliff. Ororo pushed the intercom button.
“That was to easy.”
“Yeah these are old models, the new ones don’t have a release button. We don’t know how to penetrate them yet.”
“where to now?”
“I am wondering if the circuit boards come out of these things?”
“Why?”
“tactical advantage we can use them against their makers.”
“ They probably have more than one detecting device Jesha.”
“I know that’s what has me frusterated. If we could get all of them out we could study our enemy and improve on it allowing us Giant robots with our powers.”
“I like it know anyone who could do it?”
“as a matter of fact I do.”
She reached into the back of her jersey and grabbed her cell phone. She dialed the number and waited. Sean was happily snoozing on the couch when his cell phone rang causing him to almost fall off the couch. He answered it quickly.
“aye?”
“Hey honey I could use some help.”
Sean felt a grin come across his lips.
“ Aye love, what do ya need me ta save ye from this time?”
“Oh just need a bit of technical help.”
Sean frowned.
“Jesha what did ya do women?”
“I am sitting in an ansentinal and I wanted to know how to take out the sensors.”
Sean fell off the couch.
“Run that bya me again love.”
“You heard me.”
“Old or new model?”
“Old.”
“On ma way. Want me to bring the Wolvie lad?”
“Your call husband.”
Sean’s heartfelt like it would stop within his chest.
“Not yet lassie but soon. I’m on me way.”
Jesha smiled.
“Good.”
He hung up and called for logan.
“Wolverine lets go.”
Wolverine grunted.
“Where to?”
“Play with some toys.”
“Aight.”
The two men walked out to the garage and Sean flicked a set of keys to Logan. Logan smiled.
“And this goes to?”
Sean just smiled and pointed. Logan followed his finger and smiled when he saw the car he grinned widely.
“Now that’s a car. What year?”
“2006 Lamborghini.”
“its beautiful.”
Sean smiled and then handed a headset to him.
“Lets go.”
Logan grinned ferally.
“Ey turn that on.”
“ok.”
The two men turned on the cars and started driving to the site Jesha had located. Logan grinned ferally as he turned the car sharply loving the way the car responded. He knew Ororo would love this car. She was so sensitive to cars and loved driving the expensive ones. He grinned remembering all their racing times. Ro had made them both of a lot of money. They both had. Logan allowed his thoughts to wander to her as the car handled really well under his fingers, its engine thrumming. It had been several months since they had been here. She was free here Logan had never seen her so free. She laughed drank, danced and enjoyed it. He had fallen more in love with her as each day passed. He pounded the wheel with his fist and growled.
“hey laddie the car isn’t handling that bad is it?”
“No its handling fine. I am just having a hard time with a women.”
Sean laughed.
“We all seem to have that problem at some point or another. Still haven’t made your move eh?”
“Actually I did. I kissed her. ”
Sean chuckled.
“Not suttle are you?”
“Hey bub.”
“Just kidding How did it feel?”
Logan chuckled.
“Hecka good. How do you think it felt?”
Sean laughed again.
“Your daughter is a lot like you Logan.”
“What do mean?”
“Exactly what I said. Logan she inherited part of your animal instinct. When you died she was angry. She took out an entire sentinel city. It was pretty amazing display of power. I’ve never seen anyone do that before Logan. A feral light just took over and she just decimated the entire city. It was leveled and then swallowed into the Earth. There was nothing left of it. The sentinals hit back hard, she became really good at freeing prisoners. We lost a lot of people in that battle. Afterwards I saw her so weak Logan, she needed me in a way I couldn’t understand. She’s damm powerful but shes lost a lot of people in her life. She’s got a past that is one of the most painful, underneath all that she’s amazing. It took me forever to get through some of her issues, but I fell in love with her. We worked through the walls and the pain and now we are engaged. Never piss her off though woo we. She’s got her mothers temper I’m sure.
Logan laughed.
“Ro’s got quite a temper on her. Where we going?”
“To save the damsels in distress. No not really they are playing with a few sentinel bots, I need to take out the trackers.”
“Sounds fun. How exactly are you going to do that?”
“Sonic scream, takes out the old trackers. Shorts them out eh?”
“Understandable.”
They drove in silence the rest of the way until they reached the ladies who were having a wrestling match with the robots. They got out of the cars and Sean watched as Jesha opened the lid and stepped out. She smiled when she saw the car Sean had brought. He looked hot in his jeans and wife beater. Logan was wearing the same thing. Jesha walked over to her fiancée and put her finger gently on his chest.
“I kinda like you in a hot car.”
He grinned.
“I’m glad lassie.”
He pulled her gently into his arms and close to him.
“Ay does that mean I get a kiss?”
Jesha laughed.
“No but it does mean you get to take a machine home.”
“And who’ll take the car?”
“Me.”
He laughed.
“I brought back up lass.”
Jamie appeared with quicksilver. Sean opened his mouth adjusted his vocal chords and screamed. They all watched as several sparks flew shorting out the trackers. Jamie and Quicksilver smiled.
“Yeah more toys.”
They all laughed and Sean easily guided his bride to be into the drivers seat of the car. Logan also allowed Ororo drive. She was grinning from ear to ear. Jesha smiled.
“Hey we’ll see you back at the castle. Behave you two.”
Ororo raised an eyebrow.
“Ditto kiddo, in fact I’m a bit more worried about you to than I am us.”
Jesha laughed and revved her car. Ororo did the same and the two took of down across the meadow. When they reached the ocean Ororo stopped the car. Logan looked at her in surprise.
“why are we stopping?”
“Logan we need to talk.”
“Ok darling start talking I’m listening.”
Ororo much to his surprise straddled him sitting in his lap and kissed him. Logan gasped and pushed her away.
“Ro..”
“Shut up Logan and kiss me.”
Logan felt his pants grow tight. She was kissing him passionately her fingers intertwining in his hair. He moaned in her mouth, kissing her back. Ororo giggled. His voice became a low growl.
“ororo if you don’t stop I won’t be able to.”
“Then don’t.”
Her hand slid underneath his shirt and Logan soon found his shirt off. His hands pushed up underneath her shirt his hands cupping her breasts. She broke from their kiss with a gasp of pleasure.
“Ororo I’m falling in love with you.”
She smiled and kissed him again. After a moment she broke away.
“I fell in love with you a long time ago.”
Running by DaughteroftheWind
Time flew quickly for Ororo and Logan. They watched as battles were fought, they mourned for those lost in them, and settled into their new way of life. The day on the ocean in the car was one Logan would never forget, since then they had spent a great deal of time together. Each of them had grown closer to Jesha and Sean,as well as they had grown closer together. Logan felt incomplete without ororo. She was becoming a huge part of him. Every time she walked into the room she made everything seem right, the room brighter his heart lighter. It was easy to forget about the past with her in his arms. Jesha was a good deal like her mother and Sean surprisingly a good deal like Logan. Each of them was bullheaded. He smiled at the thought. He thought about the Blackbird, he knew at some point he was going to have to take Ororo back to their time, each day it was closer to causing a time rift. Logan and Sean had had countless conversations about it. Logan sighed and ran his hands through his hair. Oh hell the truth was he was afraid of losing Ororo. Screw time rifts and warps, he was in love with Ro and was afraid that if he took her back that would all change. They had joked about being together because of Jesha but in reality at least on his end it wasn’t true. He loved her and wanted to spend his life with her. Each time they made love it was anew experience, he had never experienced loving a women this way. He couldn’t get enough of her and she welcomed the animal in him. Had he ever really been in love before? The cold winds off the lake reached his hair tousling it. He was sitting on the patio thinking about all these things when ororo came out. Noticing he was deep in thought she stepped back inside. He called to her.
“No come out, your not interrupting.”
She plopped down on his lap her lips touching his soflty and smiled at him. He grinned back.
“NO smoking tonight.”
“No darling I know how you feel about it.”
She cocked an eyebrow making her look even sexier.
“Really?”
“Really darling. Your revamping my whole way of life.”
He kissed her again, nipping her bottom lip teasingly. She nipped back and then gently pushed her tongue in his mouth her tongue caressing his.
“Ay hate to break ya two up but ay need to talk with ya.”
Logan growled as Ororo broke away.
“Sorry Sean what’s up?”
She stepped off Logan’s lap easily and sat down in the chair next to his grabbing his hand and intertwining her fingers. Sean raised an eyebrow but said nothing hiding a grin, he was glad they were finally together.
“Look ah Ay know this might come as a wee bit of shock umm but jesh and I are getting married soon. Logan yuve kinda become the father and friend I never had and Ro you’ve been a good friend as well. Well umm ya see the ting is…”
Logan interrupted he had never seen Sean so nervous.
“Sean bub spit it out.”
Sean sighed.
“Ay want to ask yar permission to marry yur daughter.”
Logan’s jaw fell open and Ororo smiled. Sean seeing Logan’s expression rushed on.
“Ya see I know that ya both have grown close to yer daughter and Ay wanted to make sure ya were apart of our weddin. Ay know it would mean a lot to her. Logan would ya be willin to give her away?”
Logan’s eyes got bigger as he gently smacked his lips trying to get the dryness out of his mouth. Ororo was about ready to start laughing her head off, but instead squeezed Logan’s hand knowing that this was hard for him. He took a deep breath and raised an eyebrow studying Sean intently.
“well look Bub, Ro and I have gotten closer to Jesh over the past what has it been a year? Shes amazing and I couldn’t ask for a better daughter. IN saying that I need to ask you a few questions. If it’s what she wants I’d be honored to give her away.”
Sean took a deep breath he was as nervous as logan caught his gaze again.
“Why do you love her? Do you promise Bub to take care of her to the best of your ability?”
Sean smiled at the first statement.
“I love her because she’s Jesha. When she smiled the whole world seems to come into focus, and when she cries, my whole world is shattered with her sorrow. When she kisses me the Earth stands still and time holds its breath. I’ve never experienced a love like that. I loved her as long as I can remember. Yes Logan I will take good care of her. I want to be the one that she wakes up to every morning, the man who protects her and her heart. I want to be there, apart of every little detail. I want to dance with her in the kitchen and kiss her until shes breathless. I want to be the man she loves. I want to be there to dance with her, I want to look her in the eyes and know shes mine. I want to adore her and see her adore me all my days.”
As Sean spoke, logan felt his own heart lurch within his chest. He wanted the same thing.
“Then marry her bub.”
Sean looked relieved. Logan grinned.
‘Sean if I’d of said no would ya have married her anyway?”
Sean nodded.
“We’d of talked about tit. I love her Logan.”
Logan nodded.
“Then marry her and treat her right. One last thing: don’t make me a grandpa to darn soon.”
Sean laughed a deep rich laughter. He then turned to Ororo.
“Any thougts?”
Ororo smiled at the man in front of her.
“Love her, shes a handful.”
Sean grinned at this.
“Ay tat she is lassie, but heaven help me I love dat women.”
“Keep loving her Sean, keep wooing her heart and seeking it out. A women needs that constant pursuit, that’s how you’ll keep passion and love in your marriage.”
Logan listened and made a mental note of her words.
“Wise advice lassie.”
“Hold to it Sean. And be friends with us.”
Sean laughed again.
“You two have become some of me best friends. Ay plan ta.”
Jesha chose the pristine moment to walk out and was surprised to see her parents and fiancée in intimate conversation. Sean walked over to her and grabbed her hand. He picked her up and placed her gently on the railing then right in front of her parents he dropped down on one knee. Jesha felt her heart flutter, what was he doing? He took her hand reached into his pocket and pulled out a small black box.
“Jesh will you marry me?”
Jesha looked confused, then realizing what Sean was doing her eyes misted with tears. His eyes spoke a million unsaid words, words of devotion commitment, protection, cherishing and love. She reached out and gently put her hand on his cheek.
“Sean I love you, I already said yes and soon I will say it again for a lifetime. Yes my love now and forever.”
Sean stood slowly encircled his arms around her waist and kissed her passionately, leaving her breathless and wanting more. Ororo and Logan smiled.
“Jesh, my daughter May I have the honor and privilege of walking you down the aisle and giving you to this man.”
Jesha still in Seans arms felt tears sting her eyes again and begin to fall down her cheeks.
“Baba I’ve prayed you would be there all my life.”
Logan smiled and walked over and hugged her. He buried his nose in his daughters hair and inhaled deeply. How had he been so lucky in another lifetime?His heart full and overflowing, he pushed her out to arms length and spoke soflty to her.
“Wo ai ni nanhaizi.”
Tears once more misted her eyes.
“WO ye ai ni wo Baba. Xie xie.”
Logan smiled and released her. Sean pulled Jesha back into his arms and put his arm around her shoulders.
“Lets go babe. I need to talk to you.”
“Don’t be to frisky with my daughter scot.”
“Ay won’t Baba.”
Logan smiled his eyes beginning to dance. Ororo and Logan watched the couple go. Jesha laughed as Sean kissed her gently. Ororo let out a yelp of surprise as Logan pulled her into his lap. He let out a low growl an kissed her. Ororo felt herself melt in his arms to his touch, he was the only man that had ever had this affect on her. She sighed as they broke apart. He grinned at her.
“Lets go out to dinner.”
Ororo nodded.
“Sounds good.”
Together they headed toward the garage. Logan grabbed the keys off the wall and threw them to Ororo. She smiled at him. Twenty minutes and a few kisses later Ororo pulled up to a salsa club she and Jesha frequented often. Logan groaned when he saw where they were.
“I hate dancing Ro you know that.”
She smiled at him and ran her fingers along the side of his cheek.
“Trust me Logan, trust me.”
Logan snorted and they were shown to a table. As they began to walk Ororo intertwined her fingers in his. He squeezed her hand. They ordered food and then Ororo pulled him from his seat. He followed her to the dance floor. The song Santa maria by the Goten project began to play. Ororo felt the music and her body began to move to the beat. It was a tango. Logan stood about ten feet from her, the dance floor empty except for the two of them. Logan stood there looking at her dumbfounded as she began to roll her hips. Ororo laughed at his look. She danced near him grabbed him and pulled him close to her body, Logan growled.
“Move with me Logan.”
He raised an eyebrow at the slight seductive not in her voice.
“I can’t dance Ororo Munroe.”
She laughed, it was a teasing playful laugh. She rolled her hips rubbing herself against him. He moved closer to her his hips moving to meet hers, showing her he would try. Ororo grinned and gently placed her hands against his hips, then slowly, very slowly she began moving her hands causing his hips to move with hers. Together the two began the steps of the tango, Logan following her lead. She then reached up and pulled his gaze to hers. He felt something shift inside him and his moves became natural, his eyes locked with hers. She became his whole world his whole focus. There was nothing, noone else. He became lost in the way she moved, every roll of her hips he became more keenly aware of, every beat of her heart, every breath that came in quicker gasps as they danced. Soon his instincts took over and the steps came naturally, every footstep, every move he remembered. He began leading her. He realized in that moment that He was in love with her, there was no doubt in his mind. He moved and she followed, it wasn’t dance moves, it was instinct. Ororo never knew Logan could dance like he could. His almond grayish eyes met hers and she felt herself becoming lost in his depths. Lost in his eyes, and his soul became visible through the doorway of his eyes. She felt him move, each step almost a demand for her to follow. She felt him become completely immersed in the music, he placed his hands on her hips as they rolled and she felt him move his in accord with hers, keeping very close bodily contact. He guided her every step, his fingers treasured the roll of her hips and each move her body made. He was a passionate dancer and it took her breath away. Soon her brow beaded with sweat. Together the got lost in the notes of the music, in the beats of each others hearts. Their bodies grinding against each other, each desiring the more with each step of the tango. The song came to a close and Logan found his breath coming in short gasps, Ororo’s breathing was shallow as well. Logan pulled her leg to his thigh it bending under his touch and he dipped her back. His heart hammered in his chest as he kissed her lightly on the neck seeking her lips. Ororo let out a soft chuckle pulled herself out of the dip and kissed him her passion for dance transferring to their kiss. He groaned against her lips, his whole world consumed in that kiss, that moment. The crowd watching them, cheered finally, breaking their trance, shattering their focus on one another. Ororo stepped out of his embrace making Logan feel hollow and empty without her there. He followed her sultry swaying hips off the dance floor as they walked to their table to eat dinner. When they reached their secluded table, Ororo waited until everyone was gone and in their booth straddled him, her lips meeting his her tongue demanding access. He made a sound somewhere between a groan and a growl. He smiled as their kiss ended.
“If I’d known you danced like that love, I would have done it along time ago.”
She chuckled and plopped down next to him.
“Logan I’ve never danced a tango with a man as passionate as you danced that. I didn’t know you danced so well.”
He smiled at her his head cocked slightly.
“I never knew either. But you know what they say.”
“O and that is?”
“A women makes a man dance well.”
She laughed a deep rich laughter.
“Whatever you say love. Whatever you say.”
Early the next morning Ororo awoke with the touch of the sun, her head aching form to much to drink. What happened last nigh? she rolled over to find Logan laying next to her, o now it was all coming back. She remembered their dance the previous night and smiled. She leaned over and gently pushed hair out of his face, she was in love with him. She ran her hand gently along his jawline, more details of the previous night coming back. As more details of the evening came back Ororo reached down and looked at her hand. On it was a beautiful silver band. Goddess did they really get married? She gazed at the man laying next to her his hand rested on her hip. Goddess they had. He was sleeping peacefully. She groaned inwardly. Something within her needed the answer to the question in her head. Did he really love her or was this a joke? Was it the fact that both had to much to drink or did they really care enough about each other to be married? She sighed and gently detangled herself from his grasp. She was extremely quiet knowing about his oversensitive hearing, she quickly and quietly dressed, packed a bag and headed out of the room the door softly clicking behind her. She was surprised she had not woken him. She walked to Jesha’s door and knocked softly. Jesha answered the door fully dressed. She let Ororo into the room. Both women raised eyebrows at each other.
“Going somewhere daughter?”
“Yeah I need to go visit some friends, I need some answers to a question.”
“Does Sean know?”
“No.”
“Good lets go. I need to stop in Louisiana, or wherever papa jean is.”
“Ok Why?”
“I’ll explain on the way.”
Jesha noticed the flash of silver and chuckled.
“Heck yeah you will.”
The two snuck out of the house, everyone oblivious to their leaving.
“I love how no ones up this early.”
Jesha chuckled.
“Yeah its nice.”
When they reached the garage Jesha grabbed keys off the hook and headed for her beautiful silver custom Lamborghini. She grabbed the cover off it and Ororo whistled.
“Nice car. Give me the specs.”
Jesha laughed and rattled of the specs. As she did Ororo watched her duck under the car for a moment, heard a beep and watched as Jesha pulled out a small black box.
“whats that?”
“Tracking device. The car has three of them. Sean hates it when I disappear.”
She stood and left the device on a shelf and jumped into the car.
“Aren’t you going to pull out the other two?”
“Not yet, we are going the roundabout way, we will drop the trackers at several points along the way, so they will follow them. After we drop off the second tracker we’ll go towards Louisiana, my business is also there.”
“Care to explain?”
Jesha chuckled.
“You first.”
She hit the garage door opening button and then started the car. She hit a button and the engine was silenced. Ororo grinned mischievously.
“That’s a nice feature.”
“Isn’t it though?”
They drove in silence for about twenty minutes and then Jesha spoke.
“So what are you running from?”
Ororo leaned back and relaxed in the seat of the car.
“I dunno if I’d call it running away, I never run from my problems.”
Jesha snorted.
“ OK Ok what happened that caused you to leave with me.”
Ororo bit her lower lip, kneading it between her teeth as she thought about her reply. Jesha noticing her hesitation said quietly.
“Start form the beginning. That’s usually the best place to start.”
Ororo nodded and began her tale.
“well the day you and I went for a bikeride several months ago, when Logan and I were driving back we umm made an unexpected stop.”
Jesha’s raised both eyebrows in a questioning manner.
“Elaborate.”
“Well we slept together.”
“You don’t start out slow do you?”
“No No I don’t. Since then we have just spent time getting to know each other, we have only spent the night together one other time, that was last night. We just wanted to take the time to really get to know each other well.”
“And?”
“And we went to the salsa club last night and danced, had to much to drink and I woke up with a ring on my finger.”
“You got married?”
Ororo sighed and ran her hand through her hair.
“Yes we did.”
“And?”
“And I cannot help but wonder if it was to much to drink, if it was just becuase of you or some other reason.”
“So you don’t love him.”
Ororo sighed her voice sofented as she spoke.
“I never said that. It feels strange telling you this, you’re my daughter.”
Jesha laughed.
“That I may be but I was first your friend. Spit it out.”
Ororo smiled at this.
“I do love him Jesha. We went dancing last night and I’ve never known him to be that passionate, for five minutes I was his whole world, he was mine. I’ve been in love with Logan for as long as I can remember, I just never let myself fall and be in love with him. I need to know if his love is real.”
“And this trip proves that how?”
“Not really sure yet, I guess its time to collect my thoughts, think Logically and make a decision.”
Jesha nodded.
“Sounds good. To be the voice of logic for a second, you tied the knot RoRo, both by the physical act of getting married and the emotional and physical act of sleeping with him. Hes become apart of your heart and your life, that won’t change. The way you physically desire him will never go away. Your going to miss that even after hes gone and out of your life.”
Ororo sighed.
“You sound like you’ve had experience in this matter.”
Jesha nodded and fell silent.
“Wanna tell me about why your running?”
“I don’t run Roro, I just leave. Unfortunatly I inherited that from Logan.”
“Ok why you leaving?”
“Lets just say the experience I do have in the area of physical intimacy needs to come to a close.”
“Who is he?”
“My old dance partner, I danced for several years professionally. I was a slasla dancer. My partner and I were close friends and out of that friendship our intimacy grew. We fell in love with one another, talked marriage the whole nine yards. He was cute, strong, loved to dance, and an extremely passionate man, he had charm and knew how to use it.”
“and?”
“he was killed, we had a telepathic link. He was a telepath, after he died I stopped dancing and withdrew from people, then Moira found me and began working with me. He was my college sweetheart. Well a few days ago the link to him reopened in my mind. He called to me through it.”
“So your going to find out who lied.”
“Pretty much. I need to tell him its over and find out the truth.”
“And Sean?”
“I love him Roro, I want to spend my life with him, this changes nothing between us.”
“Then why go back at all?”
“I just need to close the door.”
“Riight.”
Jesha laughed.
“It’s the truth.”
“or is it you have to convince yourself you no longer love him?”
Jesha’s hand hit the wheel.
“It’s a bit of both I guess.”
She pulled over into a nearby rest area and reached under the car taking out the locator, she left it on and put it on the building, then got back in the car and they drove on.
“So where is this guy?”
“Well Gambit will know where he is for the most part, I have a job to do for him as well.”
“He took Papa Jean’s place right?”
“Oh yes, but he will be much older than you remember, he is still as bastardly cute and charming though. Hes got every girl in the place wrapped around his baby finger.”
Ororo laughed.
“somehow that does not surprise me. Not at least to much. Job? What kind of Job?”
Jesha laughed.
“Wouldn’t you like to know?”
“Love to share with me.”
“small Heist, small safe from a sentinals office.”
Ororo chuckled.
“Sounds fun.”
“It will be.”
Several hours later they stopped and Jesha pulled out the last locator, wrote a note and left it. Knowing that Sean and Logan had probably discovered their absensce and weren’t all that far behind them.
“Ready Ororo to disappear off the map?”
“Heck yeah I am, lets go.”
Ororo took over driving and they headed for Louisiana.
Logan awoke to find that Ororo was gone without explanation. He smiled figuring she was getting coffee or something. He began to feel the first threads of panic when he reached the kitchen to find Sean staring blandly at his paper.
“He Sean seen Ororo?”
“No Ay haven’t. seen Jesha?”
“Nope.”
“Ay wouldn’t worry to much my friend. They are probably out doing something tagether, ya know how much truble those two get in tagether.”
“yeah your right.”
Logan headed back to their room and looked at the clock. It was eleven o clock in the morning, he grabbed his cell phone and called her number, it rang in their room. He cursed and went to take a shower, something didn’t feel right. He absently played with the ring on his left hand. Why hadn’t she told him she was leaving, maybe she was upset. He groaned tiredly as he stepped into the shower. The warm water washed across his body and he found himself able to relax. After he finished his shower he got dressed and grabbed a book she had been reading. Sean came in shortly after and asked if he wanted to play pool. Logan agreed and they played for several hours, laughing, talking and enjoying their beers. Around three Moira came into the room inquiring where Jesha was. Both men told her they didn’t know. Moira began a mansion wide search for her. They discovered that her car was gone. Moira quickly looked for the trackers signals. The last was five hundred miles away in Canada.
“The lassies will be back soon, don’t you worry non boys.”
Both men were alarmed by their wife and fiancée’s disappearance and Moira explained that Jesha often went to a small park in Canada to relax and snowboard.
“She probably just needs some time alone with Ororo. Fear you not soon they’ll miss you and come home.”
Three days later Ororo and Jesha pulled into the large city of Louisiana, it was still much like it had used to be, very unlike the ruined city’s Ororo had seen before. Ororo was driving and drove quickly to the thieves guild. It was as beautiful as Ororo remembered it. It had a few more modifacations than she remembered but it was still in the country away from the city and still beautiful. The land just as green and the gates still as high, she chuckled. When they reached the gate Jesha unlocked the gates and they swung wide.
“Its never been that easy.”
Jesha laughed.
“Is now they just tested my DNA.”
“What happens to those who don’t pass.”
“They meet the guild guards.”
“OO I see.”
Ororo revved the engine and drove quickly into the garage Jesha pointed out. Then htye headed inside. Many of the thieves present yelled hellos to Jesha as they walked, some of the older ones recognized Ororo and nodded in respect. When they reached the library doors Jesha burst in. Several heads turned to see who the newcomers were. Remy Lebeu was not at all surprised to see her, he was however surprised to see ororo. Jesha looked at the members sitting around the table talking.
“Out. All of you.”
Remy glanced at her.
“Jesh may I remind you I am still the leader of the guild.”
Jesha met his cold stare.
“Now Remy we need to talk. Now.”
Remy sighed taking a deep breath and motioned everyone out of the room. As the doors closed behind the last person Jesha turned to him.
“Where is he Lebeu and what the hell happened.”
Remy sitting at his desk tapped his fingers together gently.
“Matt several years ago made a contract with us. He chose to fufill it then in hopes of gaining my approval for you. He chose to disappear Jesha. It was his choice. Well his plans fell through, and he was stuck in another time for many years. Somehow he came back. That’s all I know. Now its my turn. Ororo died years ago who is that?”
Ororo spoke for herself.
“ I am Ororo Munroe, just the one from a different time.”
Remy nodded.
“It is good ta see you mon ami.”
“As it is to see you my brother.”
Remy turned back to Jesha.
“I need a job done.”
“I know its part of the reason I am here. Have the specs dropped at my room. Where can I find Matthew?”
“Salsa club downtown he still owns it after all these years.”
“Thank Uncle.”
“Your welcome.”
The twinkle returned to his eyes and he hugged her tightly.
“Hows Sean?”
“Well our wedding is soon. Are you coming?”
“WOuldn’t miss it for the world.”
“Good.”
Jesh and Ororo talked and agreed to meet in fifteen minutes to grab some dinner. Jesha walked to her old room and quickly changed, She grabbed the stats Gambit had had dropped off on her bed and started reading them before she left. The job was actually several small jobs she could easily pull off. She knew Ro would probably want to help her which made it even easier. She changed into a pair of nicer slacks and ran to meet Ro. Ororo met her outside her room.
Happenings by DaughteroftheWind
Jesha glanced at the paper in her hand and grabbed the car keys. The job was actually several small jobs she could easily pull off. She knew Ro would probably want to help her which made it even easier. She changed into a pair of nicer slacks and ran to meet ro. Ororo met her outside her room. They walked out and jumped in the car. The stats were on the seat, Ro picked them up and arched an eyebrow.
“Jesh these are jobs that are cursed.”
“Right, I have a way of getting those.”
“How?”
“I have connections.”
Ro raised an eyebrow at the underlying meaning.
“So your basically going to seduce them and get what you want.”
Jesh nodded.
“ I was a professional dancer, these jobs will be easy. Many of them have been asking for my talents for a long time.”
She shifted down to emphasize the words talents. Ororo saw so much of herself in her daughter.
“Define talents.”
“Well exotic and lap dancing is not necessary. The job is to ge tin do the dance and drug the place.”
“And you can get into an establishment with a drug how?”
“Rather easily. With my healing factor I can store it in my stomach in a container that my stomach acids can’t touch. After a few drinks and before a dance I purge it and then put it In the air shaft. This will only work on one establishment. The others are going to be a bit trickier, we will do them as they come.”
Ororo looked at the young women driving.
“Is this a part of your hidden life?”
“Hell yes it is, this is my last job, I havea debt to repay.”
“To Gambit?”
“Not to an enemy. I want what he has.”
“Jesh how long did you live in the guild?”
“Three years.”
“And this enemy?”
“Papa Jean’s assassin. All of the items are his.”
“The guild requires a blood payment for the destruction of one of its members.”
“And a blood payment they will get.”
“Jesh your going to kill him?”
“Yes and I plan on collecting on a debt he owes me.”
“Meaning?”
“Meaning he raped me when I was very young as well as killed a close friend of mine.”
Ororo had nothing to say to the statement. She knew she would do no different. They walked into the club, it was ritzy, a club that played trance music and had live DJs. Jesha walked around the club and chose a seat toward the back. They sat down and quickly ordered.
“SO who is this guy?”
Jesha nodded toward the balcony and Ororo saw a very very handsome man standing on the balcony. The man smiled when he saw Jesha, then headed down from the balcony and walked over to their table. He grabbed a waiter on his way and told him to bring a bottle of champagne. He slid next to Jesha in the booth and his hand went immediately to her leg. Jesha gave him an icy glare. He chuckled.
“Glad your ice hasn’t melted babe. So I have a job for you, and yes beautiful only your dancing will do. I need you to entertain a certain crowd for me. Some of them you’ll recognize.”
“And the pay?”
“Half a mil. I know I called you out of your retirement of sorts. So I plan to recompense you in full.”
“No touch. I want bodyguards.”
He frowned.
“As long as you do lap-dances I don’t give a fuck. I will make sure they don’t touch you but you gotta touch them.”
His fingers came up under her chin.
“Can you handle that doll?”
She glared at him.
“after this you never touch me again or contact me again, understood?”
He met her glare.
“I understand. Champagne on the house.”
He turned to walk away.
“And Jesha, I will never contact you again but I look forward to the day I find you back in my bed. You’ll come back lady.”
With that he turned and walked away yelling at the waiter. Ororo watched him go.
“Confident man.”
“Yes and unfortunately it will be his downfall.”
“Who is he Jesh?”
She laughed.
“A man I once owed a debt to, and one that will die by my hand.”
They ate a hasty dinner and left. Jesha drove to a nearby coffe shop and they sat down and pulled out the statistics.
“ro I’m going to need those crafty hands of yours, this job won’t be easy. After the drug is released we have about ten minutes before they will regain consciousness. The safe is in the back. I’ve used a contact in the club to get you a uniform so you will be a waitress of sorts, after my dance I will be back and together we will head in theback and crack the safe. We need to be in and out of the club, preferably as far away as possible.”
Ro nodded.
“Sounds easy.”
“It won’t be.”
“well we’ll do our best kid.”
Ororo observed her daughter, she was different in the last few hours than Ororo had ever seen her. She saw the warmth and love flow out of her to be replaced by an angry cold I don’t give a shit façade. Ro took a deep breath as she drove the car back to the guild. Ororo watched her head off to her room and watched the façade become deeper. The next morning Ororo walked downstairs and saw Jesha curled up on the couch eating a breakfast Gambit had prepared. The two of them were immersed deep in conversation, Gambit had a look of concern on his face. She saw Jesha say something and her face harden. Gambit sighed.
“Chere you might as well come in. I’m concerned with your daughters battle tactics.”
Ororo stepped into the room.
“Shes a big girl brother she must make her choice.”
Later That evening Jesha and Ororo walked into the dance club. The tall man Ororo had seen yesterday quickly came up and put his hand around Jesha’s waist. He walked her out to the dance floor and they began to dance, he talking in her ear the whole time. Jesha mentally contacted Ororo.
*Ro act like a waitress, Talk to Terry the man behind the bar, hes my contact he’ll tell you what to do*
*Jesha I may not have disagreed with you in front of Remy but are you sure this is wise*
She heard Jesha laugh with a bitter note.
*Sure I’m sure, don’t worry about me. I’ll contact you when I release the drug, you and Terry will be protected, just don’t forget to chew that gum.*
*Ok kiddo.*
Jesha met her eyes across the room and winked, her façade in place. Ororo began waiting tables, remembering a time she had actually done this for a living. Terry a handsome man smiled at her.
“So how do yo know the squirt?”
Ororo laughed.
“Shes a close friend a family member really.”
Terry noticed she didn’t meet his eyes. He chuckled and reached down capturing her chin in a brotherly way.
“I worry about her to. Shes a big girl I promise, she’ll knock out every one of those men.”
Ororo gently guided her chin away from his fingers still meeting his steady gaze, he grinned.
“When she left last time Ororo I promised myself I’d never see her harmed again. It was easy to get her out, we all helped her get out from under Jonathan’s grip. Shes amazing and she nearly killed him twice. Many of us wish she had. Hell why is she back?”
Ororo saw the deep concern fill the mans face. He broke out of his reverie and grinned.
“When she told me I told her she was nuts, but she always has been a bit impetuous.. Table five is waiting to be waited upon.”
Ororo nodded and walked over to the table. An hour later Jesha contacted her telepathically.
*chew your gum ladies and gents.*
Jesha had just finished her routine and reached into her pocket and broke the vial holding the sleeping drug, the ventilation system picked it up and it spread to the whole club. The men she had been entertaining fell into a deep sleep Jonathan one of them. After she made sure they were all asleep she ran out to find Ororo and Terry waiting. Jesha ran to the safe, pulling on a pair of gloves and wuickly began cracking the safe, her hands moving blithely. Five minutes passed.
“Hurry Jesh.”
“Shut up Terry.”
Time crawled by as Jesha listened to the sound of the tumblers moving inside the lock. She was on her last number , her face covered in sweat, Ororo glanced at her in concern. She heard a distinct click and Jesha stepped backopening the safe to find the first sculpture. She grabbed it and threw it to Ororo. Ororo looked at it memories flooding back of Papa Jean.
“Lets go.”
The three of them ran out of the club, Jesha disabling the Camera’s before they reached them. The ran to the car. Terry jumped in the back as Ro grabbed the wheel. She peeled out of the parking lot and towards the guild hitting about one hundred and fifty miles per hour. When the pulled into the guild Jesha checked her watch.
“Nice driving ro. 13 minutes and couting. OOO Jonathan is going to be pissed.”
Terry high fived her and the three headed inside. Gambit chuckled when he saw them.
“The sculpture?”
Jesha handed it to him as she plopped on the couch.
“Well done mi amor. When is your next strike?”
“In nine days.”
Gambit nodded.
“Be careful.”
“Always my friend always.”
With those words she grabbed her jacket and headed to her room.
Three nights later Ororo gently knocked on Jesha’s door. Jesha answered and smiled.
“Wanna go dancing?”
Ororo returned the smile.
“Hell yes I do.”
The drove to the club and Jesha took a deep breath when they reached it.
“Jesha, where are we?”
“This is Matthew’s club isn’t it?”
Jesha nodded. Together the two of them headed out and they walked into the club. Jesha saw Matthew at once he was on the dance floor by himself. He was dressed in a loose white shirt and black pants. His feet moved swiftly and easily across the dance floor as if the music itself moved him like a puppet. Her heart jumped within her chest. He was as cute as she remembered. He was about six foot 2 his black hair slightly spiked, his goatee trimmed neatly and his eyes as emerald as a cresting wave. She and Ororo were seated at a nearby table. And old friend of Jesha’s saw her walk into the club. He chuckled. His prodigal star returned. He walked over to her table, and smiled at her.
“Jesh.”
Jesha smiled when she saw him.
“Jeff how are you?”
“Better than ever Jesh. And you?”
“Well my friend well.”
“Jesh dance with me for old times sake.”
He turned to RO.
“I have a partner for you as well.”
She smiled back.
“That’s ok.”
He nodded .
“OK.”
Jeff lead Jesha out to the dance and a song began to play. Ororo smiled, they danced well together. Matthew out on the dance floor watched as a couple joined him on the floor. He glanced at them Jeff was the man, his partner. He looked at the women and found blue eyes come crashing into his.
“Jesha?!”
“In person.”
“May I jeff?”
“Of course. It will be good to see you to move together again.”
Matthew nodded, he looked at the musician and mouthed a song. The notes of their old tune began to play. They had practiced hours to this song. Ororo watched. They held one another at arms length. As the song began to play Jesha looked away as did Matthew, as the song progressed, Matthew pulled her close, his hand holding her leg in place at his hip as he trailed his hand down it. The broke apart again only to come back together. Each note caused fluid movements to come together, Ororo was amazed at how well they moved together. When they danced one became an extension of the body of the other, they were beautiful. The song came to a close Jesha’s chest was pressed against Matthew’s, his eyes held seduction and charm. He wanted her as he had once had her. He attempted to kiss her only to find her turn her head away. Confusion filled his eyes.
“Jesh?”
She turned back.
“matthew I’m engaged to be married to another man. One whom I love very much.”
His eyes searched hers and seeing that she told the truth, he thought of releasing her form their tight grasp. Instead he tightened his grip on her. His eyes met hers as he reached out and brushed her cheek with his hand.
“I need to know Jesha. A kiss can’t lie.”
She nodded their lips met as Matthew kissed her. Emotions coursed through her and she returned it for but a moment and then stepped out of his arms, smiling ruefully.
Matthew sighed and ran his hands through his hair.
“I see.”
“I’m sorry Matthew I love him, hes to be the man I love. I chose him.”
“what hurts the most is being so close babe, I pray you know I loved you. I’m sorry I walked out.”
At his declaration Jesha smiled.
“I did know matthew, I did know you loved me. Its ok that you walked out it wasn’t meant to be. It simply wasn’t.”
Matthew sighed again hurt flooding through his eyes.
“No man can argue with love jesha. I understand, the best of luck to you.”
Jesha was about to turn away when he called her back.
“Jesh, does he make you happy?”
Jesha smiled and nodded.
“Yes Matthew he makes me very happy.”
Matthew nodded and then turned away. As he walked out the doors of the club his jacket slung over his shoulder mist appeared around him and he seemed to walk into the mists of time. Never to be seen again. Not even here in this club. Some say he went back to the time from whence he came. Others say he died of a broken heart. I think he just walked through time, found a place and settled there. Life was his chessboard, always had been. This was just another move in the chess board of life.

Jesha watched as a good friend and a man she had once loved walked out of her life forever. Ororo smiled as she walked back to the table.
“I’m proud of you kiddo.”
“Thanks Ro. I could use a strong drink and some dancing.”
Ororo laughed.
“Sounds good. I never knew you loved to dance so much.”
Jesha snorted.
“it was my life for a long time Ro. Now I love dancing with Sean and I dance to release.”
Ro smiled.
“ditto kid.”
A few drinks later Jesha leaned across the table.
“What about Logan? What needs to change.”
Ro took another long drink of beer and sighed.
“probably me Jesh.”
“Explain that.”
Ororo laughed ruefully.
“Well it’s a long story. Stop me if I’ve told you already. I grew up in Cairo, when I was six or seven a tribal man found me on the side of the street, I actually picked his pocket and he took me back to his tribe declaring that I needed to have a family. They raised me, I discovered my powers about a year later and helped a lot with raising their crops. Our tribe began in a tribal war and they were killed. Then I hitched a ride to America and moved to Louisiana where Papa Jean found me and raised me as one of his own. That’s where I learned to live. I learned to be a thief, I stole expensive cars, and never got caught, I pick pocketed easily. Life was good and simple. About sixteen I became the best thief in the guild, I easily and quickly learned to open safes, to open pretty much anything I wanted. I got cocky, I was good, I raced motorcycles and cars at my leisure earning a good deal of money and I was carefree for the most part. Papa Jean and others knew me and loved me, I had a family that never really faded there. I had a few lovers but many of them were just one night stands, when I drank to much. Or when they didn’t notice me and I wanted them to.”
Jesha chuckled.
“ I got whatever I wanted. Always, there was never doubt in my mind. When Charles found me I was forced the change. I had a private life where I still raced cars and had my one night stands, I slipped away when no one would notice. I ran into Logan once there. He watched me race, I was angry that my private life had been exposed so I paid him back shall we say. I seduced him and then left him, never giving him the satisfaction.”
“Ro your never a suttle one are you?”
She chuckled.
“Never have been babes.”
“So tell me this story.”
“Well we were alone one night, this was all before charles died, we were all pretty drunk and it was just a night where we were all hanging out. We were at the boat house so we were pretty safe. Scott and Jean were being nasty and then it slowly began to happen. Logan and I were sitting near each other on the couch watching some ridiculous movie that was scarier than hell. I think he purposely picked it. I jumped like every twenty seconds and the next thing either of us knew I was curled up next to him, like close. We were playing around and he started tickling me, that was when my defenses broke down, I kissed him with everything within me Jesh. We had our way with one another until Just before he started taking off my clothes I kissed him one last time and walked away, leaving him shirtless and wanting. After that I don’t think either of us ever looked at each other the same again. I never quite got him out of my system. After Charles died he found me on the track one night and we didn’t really make love just danced and gave each other every indication that was what we wanted. I’ve never seen him so damm drunk.”
“Why do you need to change RO you love him.”
Tears quietly began to fill the weather witches eyes. Jesha raised an eyebrow as she watched Logan walk up just in time to hear Ororo’s next words.
“Because I’m afraid he’ll leave me and Our love won’t enough to keep us together. I love him so damm much. I can’t live without him Jesha.”
///////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////
Four days earlier Logan sat in his room. His heart ached almost as much as his head. He missed Ororo, he had been having horrid nightmares as to her and he wanted to hold her close and kiss her fears away. He knew he had never been an upstanding man, never been a man of great moral character, but he loved her. His fist hit the large oak table in the dining hall.
“I feel the same way laddie.”
Logan growled.
“I’m tired of waiting, I want my wife. I’m leaving to find her your welcome to join me.”
“Hell yes.”
Together the two men quickly packed their bags, grabbed a couple of motorcycles and headed out following the trail left by their wife and fiancée. When they reached the first tracker Sean swore, his auburn blond hair tossling in the slight breeze.
“Damm women I hate it when she does this. You better pray Logan that she didn’t take the second one off.”
Logan chuckled.
“Knowing her she did.”
Sean growled. They got back in the car and drove on. When they reached the second checkpoint Sean growled and grabbed the note Jesha had left. He groaned when he realized that it was for Logan and Ororo, he then knew her intentions. He grabbed it and headed back to the car. Logan groaned when Sean held up the tracker.
“Guess what? Jesha’s pulling her disappearing trick.”
Logan raised an eyebrow.
“She’s done this before?”
“Yes she was pulling off a job for some rich guro. She likes her secret life. It was long before we were engaged though.”
Logan met his eyes and sat and thought about it.
“Lets go to the lodge in Waterton, how long will it take us to get there.”
“If we drive through the night we can make it in about seven hours.”
“Then lets go.”
They started driving through the night, two hours of silence later Logan spoke.
“Why does Jesha disappear?”
Sean laughed.
“I don’t know. She just does. She takes after Ro a lot.”
“How so?”
“Ro used to do that, expect she always wanted you to find her. She loved you and you always found each other. She just needed those few days alone, but you always found her and you two needed those time.”
“ You just said the same thing like three times.”
“I know but its true. Jesh takes after her a lot. She just needs those few days alone.”
“Its been almost a week Sean aren’t you at all concerned?”
“Actually yes. I am very concerned. SO what happened with Ro?”
Logan laughed.
“Apparently we got married.”
He glanced down at his hand as he spoke, the silver band glinting in the moonlight.
“AND?”
“And I love her so much it hurts, I’m afraid she left because she doesn’t want us to be.”
“All men fear rejection Logan, I know Ororo loves you, there just needs to be some communication on both your parts. Find out whats wrong what she needs to know to change her mind and go with it.”
Logan nodded and shifted. They continued to talk through the night between shifts of driving. They pulled into the lodge early the next morning. Logan walked up to the counter and inquired as to the two women. The man at the desk shook his head.
“I’m sorry sir they never came.”
Logan swore.
Sean and he walked into the café and got some coffee and breakfast. Logan pulled out a map.
“Dammit where are they?”
Sean shrugged.
“Who knows Logan when Jesha pulls her disappearing act she does it hella well.”
Logan listened and looked at the map of the states before him.
“I dunno where they are but I sure as hell know who does. Lets go Sean.”
Sean looked perplexed and grabbed his whole plate of food. He threw some money at the man at the counter paying for the plate to. The man grinned. Logan started the car and started driving down the road.
“Where we goin laddie?”
“To a place where they talk funny like you.”
Sean choked on the food he was eating.
“We’re going to Scotland Laddie?”
Logan laughed.
“No bub we are going to Louisiana.”
Sean glared at him.
“I don’t talk like em, they talk all Cajun n stuff.”
Logan laughed harder. They drove on for several days, late one night they pulled up in front of the guild. Logan parked the car about a mile away from the guild and changed into dark clothes. Sean did the same and the two began picking their way toward the grounds. When they reached the large wall Logan climbed a tree and jumped over, Sean simply flew over the wall. When they landed on the other side an alarm sounded.
“Shit. Move Scot.”
Sean nodded and the two quickly ran across the gournds avoiding several bullets. Logan saw Gumbo standing in a window and started running in that direction.
Gambit was sitting in his study when the alarms went off. He looked out over the grounds and saw his men chasing two others who were heading right for his study. As they got closer his chuckled. It was Logan and Sean, no surprise there. He walked back over to his desk and hit the intercom button.
“Logan sean plese set down your defenses and be escorted to my study mon homies.”
Logan chuckled hearing the gumbo’s voice. The men chasing them stopped running and caught up with them. One of them smiled.
“Follow me please.”
When they were escorted to the study gambit sat behind a desk and smiled at the two men.
“What can I do for you Logan?”
“I’m looking for my wife.”
Gambit raised an eyebrow.
“Your wife?”
“Ororo gumbo, where the hell is she?”
“At the moment at a salsa club with Jesha. Jesha has some unfinished business with a friend of hers.”
“Where is it?”
Gambit gave them directions and had them taken to their car. They got in the car and headed towards the club. Sean parked the car and noticed Logan’s look of fear.
“Whats a matter Logan?”
Logan grunted.
“I’m a bit worried.”
Sean clapped a hand on his shoulder.
“You’ll be fine. She loves you remember that.”
They walked into the club to find their fiancée and wife sitting and talking at a table. Both had microbrews this made Logan laugh. Sean noticed his smirk and chuckled.
“I see Jesha inherited my tatste in beer.”
“That she did Logan, that she did.”
A man walked up.
“Gentelmen what would is your pleasure?”
“We are actually with the ladies at the table over there.”
Jeff glanced at where Sean was pointing.
“You must be Sean, and the ladies I’m sure will be delighted. Please.”
Logan and Sean walked over to the table, Logan was surprised when he walked up behind them and heard Ororo’s confession. Without another word he walked over in front of her, he saw her eyes widen and he slightly smiled. He bent down and ran his fingers gently over her lips and then over her whole face, memorizing each feature of her face. Lastly his thumb ran over her lips again, then gently ever so gently he leaned forward and kissed her gently, moving his lips over hers, attempting to reassure her of his love. He felt something within her break as she returned his kiss almost desperately, wanting more than ever to believe him. When they broke away Logan ran his thumb once more over her lips, whispering gently.
“Ororo Munroe Howlett, baby I love you it wasn’t just because of Jesha that I married you, I’ve loved you for a long time. Give me a chance to prove that baby.”
At his declaration Ororo began to cry tears streaming down her face. Logan’s face twisted with pain as he saw her cry. Ororo saw the man she loved watched his face twist with pain and touched it gently. Logan had tears pooling in his own eyes as he spoke again.
“Ro, women of my heart, women who stole my heart. I love you. Ororo when I said I do I meant it for a lifetime. I fell in love with you somewhere before jean died. I wanted more than anything to tell you so long ago, but you thought I loved Jean for so long, but in all reality I fell in love with you long before Jean died. The happiest day of my life was the day you and I got married. I promised you forever my love, hold tight to that, give me a chance to prove it. I love you Ororo, the moment you waltzed into my life was the moment every other women stopped mattering. Give me a chance to prove how much I love you.”
Ororo gazed into his eyes and lovingly.
“I will give you the chance, just love me Logan. Love me.”
He pulled her close in a hug and held her close for several moments.
Neither had noticed Jesha and Sean had gotten up and were dancing together. Sean pulled her closer and kissed her ever so gently as they danced. She nestled her head against his chest enjoying the sound of his heartbeat. HE hummed gently to the music. Then gently began to sing.
“Yesterday I got lost in the circus
Felling like such a mess
Now I'm down I'm just hanging on the corner
I can't help but reminisce
When you're gone all the colors fade
When you're gone no New Year's Day parade
You're gone
Colors seem to fade

Your mama called she said that you're down stairs crying
Feeling like such a mess
Yeah I hear you you're in the background bawling
What happened to your sweet summertime dress

I know we all, we all got our faults
We get locked in our vaults and we stay
But when you're gone all the colors fade
When you're gone no New Year's Day parade
You're gone
Colors seem to fade
Colors seem to fade
Yeah”- Amos Lee Colors
Jesha let him woo her. She swooned at his rendition of the song. A smile passed across her lips as she smiled up at him.
“I love you my love.”
He nuzzled her gently.
“As ay love ya. Whats all this unfinished business about?”
Jesha slowly began to explain the issue with Matthew and the telepathic connection she had with him. She saw Sean stiffen. Jesha told him the whole story. She felt his grip tighten on her as his eyes flashed.
“Jesha I won’t let another man have ya.”
Jesha seeing the animal in him calmed him by a gentle touch of her hand.
“Sean I chose you, I choose you my love, my husband. I love you.”
HE kissed her then marking her his own. Jesha returned it with every ounce of love within her, she was his and he was hers. Sean was left breathless by her kiss and wanted her as a husband wants a wife.
“Jesha marry me tonight, I want you more than I can say.”
Jesha left speechless by his words kissed him gently again, her reply murmured against his lips.
“Your mother is going to kill us.”
He chuckled and the two headed back to the table. Jesha grinned at Logan and Ororo who were snuggled together. Sean and Jesha grinned chuckled at them.
“We require your assistance parents.”
Ororo broke away from her study of Logan’s face and smiled.
“And that would be?”
“Witnesses to a ceremony.”
Logan raised an eyebrow.
“Like what kind of ceremony?”
“A marriage ceremony.”
Logan and Ororo looked at each other.
“All right lets go.”
The four of them paid their bill and headed to a small chapel Jesha knew of. Gambit and several members of the guild joined them. The pastor chuckled at the group of them, then looked at the couple.
“Are you ready?”
“Ay sir we are.”
“Allright I’m going to make this short and simple.
“Sean Mactaggert, do ya take this beautiful lady to be your lawfully wedded wife, to love and cherish her in sickness and in health, in wealth and in poverty until death do you part? And even in death do ya promise to keep the memory of her alive in your heart?”
Sean gazed into Jesha’s eyes. As Sean spoke the words Logan looked at Ororo and squeezed her hand. He whispered quietly.
“I love you.”
Tears pooled in her eyes as she returned his gaze.
“I do. For all of eternity promise her my heart, promise her my bed and my love.”
“And do you Jesha Howlett take this man to be your lawfully wedded husband to love and to cherish him in sickness and in health, in wealth an in poverty until death do you part? And even in death do ya promise to keep the memory of him alive in your heart?”
“I do.”
“Then by the power vested in me by the state of Louisiana I pronounce you man and wife. Please exchange rings.”
Sean lovingly took the gold ring ,with square emerald stones embedded in it, out of his pocket and gently took Jesha’s finger and slipped it on. Jesha grabbed the ring out of her own pocket, it was a surprise, it was gold, with small imperial topaz stones. Sean gave her a look of surprise she returned his look with a flirtaceous look of her own. He grinned at it.
“Sean you can kiss her bride.”
Sean smiled down at her and kissed her passionately, his tongue asking for access into her mouth, she allowed it as his tongue caressed hers gently. She groaned in his mouth and returned it. He broke away teasing her and she raised an eyebrow at him, promising to repay him later.
“ladies and gentlemen may I introduce you to Sean and Jesha Mactaggert Howlett.”
The crowd cheered and they were congratulated. Jesha and Sean went back to the guild, and Sean picked her up and took her to her room. He closed the door behind them and they were united in marriage.
the Statues. by DaughteroftheWind
Early the next morning Ro was roused from her slumber with an insitent pouding on her door. She rolled over and groaned. Loganwas up and pulling on his pants as he went to answer the door, Ororo hid under the covers. At the door was a panicked Sean.
“Have you two seen Jesh?”
Ro rolled over, covering herself with the sheets.
“No we thought you two were together.”
Sean glanced at her slightly annoyed.
“We were, but when I woke this morning she was gone.”
“Give me twenty seconds to get dressed and we’ll meet you in the hallway.”
Sean nodded.
“Hurry Ro something wrong.”
Ro nodded as Logan closed the door. He walked over to her and kissed her lovingly.
She returned his kiss and he brushed his hand down her cheek.
“Could she be running again Ro?” .
Ro shrugged.
“I dunno Logan. I doubt it.”
Ro closed her eyes and searched for the mental link she and Jesh had.
*Jesh where are you?*
There was no reply, Ororo reached out trying to find her, unsuccessfully. Panic gripped her heart.
“Logan something wrong.”
Logan studied his wife closely and seeing the fear that wiped her face. Ro kissed him one last time and jumped out of bed grabbing her jeans off the floor and a nearby tanktop. Logan also quickly grabbed a shirt and the two left their room. They found Sean pacing the halls a concerned look on his brow.
“Sean Logan do a search of the mansion wake whoever is necessary I’ll check the garage for the car.” Ro began sprinting down the halls of the mansion. As she did she looked for signs of struggle. How could someone have gotten past her telepathic channel with Jesh, Sean and Logan’s senses and the guild’s guards. At the thought she bgan running faster concern marking her face. She did another mental scan for Jesh attempting to place her or at least get an idea of where she was. Nothing was working. When she reached the garage the car hadn’t been touched and none of the other cars were gone. Jesha sighed and ran her hand through her matted hair. She began sprinting out on the grounds, seeking an answer, all of the guards were in place, each nodded to her as she ran past. She ran over to the guard house and talked to Jenobi.
“Jenobi whats up?”
he smiled.
“Not to much Ro.”
“Jenobi do you reckognize all your guards on sight?”
“Hell yes, you know all of them.”
Ro sighed again.
“J I need you to run through all your security tapes with me.”
Jenobi sat down and pulled up all the tapes, the camera system around the guild was one of the best in the world, no one could penetrate it. Except Logan and Sean.
“J with the breech with Logan and Sean could there be problems in the security system? That’s not an insult J. I just need to know.”
J smiled his dark brown face creasing with a smile.
“Ro we picked up the car before they were anywhere near us.”
Ro smiled.
“Check it anyway J. Get back with me I will be in the mansion.”
“Allright and consequently congrats on your marriage babes.”
Ro grinned.
“Thanks J, tell the fam hey for me.”
“Will do you better come see us or Anna will shoot me personally.”
Ro chuckled.
“Will do.”
Ro jogged back to the house and when she reached it she found a worried Sean. Ro wlaked to the library and found the door locked. She reached into her pocket and pulled out her pocket knife. With a few flicks of her wrist the door opened and Jesha pushed it open. Gambit was in there with his wife Alison, They broke apart when Ro walked in. She chuckled.
“Excuse me.”
Alison grinned quickly smoothing her shirt. She embraced Ro tightly.
“I missed you kiddo.”
The two hugged tightly. Alison pushed her out to arms length.
“Whats wrong Ro.”
“Jesha’s gone.”
Alison swore as Gambit looked up.
“What? We have the top security system in the world. How did Sean miss it?”
“I don’t know. That’s whats troubling me. Something wrong Gambit.”
Gambit nodded his agreement.
“Lets see what we can find out.”
Gambit Alison and Ro left the office to fine a very worried Sean. Gambit contacted several people, attempting to find his loving niece. All of them spent hours, trying to find answers.
“Where the hell is she?”
Sean’s voice held concern like Ororo had never heard. She quickly got up.
“I’ll be back later.”
She headed toward the garage, and was surprised to find logan not far behind her.
“Where to wife?”
Ro quickly explained the job title Jesha had taken to him. He growled.
“To dangerous.”
“shes a lot like me Logan.”
“I know.”
She drove down to the club she and Jesha had been at several days before. Terry did a doubletake when he saw her.
“Ro whats up?”
“Jesh is gone Terry what the hell happened?”
“Haven’t seen her Ro. Hoping she’d stay away.”
Ro chuckled.
“If you hear anything let me know Terry.”
He nodded.
“I will.”
As they turned to leave Jonathan walked down the stairs.
“Ororo how nice to see you.”
Logan saw his wife visibly tense at the mans voice. He gave him the once over.Ororo turned slowly.
“I seem to have misplaced my dancer, have you seen her?”
Ororo angry at his words walked over to him and backed him up against the wall.
“If you ever touch her again you son of abitch I will personally see you murdered in your sleep.”
Jonathan glanced at her hand and saw the guild ring on her finger. He very gently removed her hands from his suit.
“Remember guild member who I am and how that all works.”
Logan growled.
“Look bub, I am not a guild member and if you hurt Jesha ever again I will gut you personally. Now get your grimy paws off my wife.”
Jonathan glanced at Logan.
“You will always be a feral animal wolverine, striker did right to let you go.”
Logan looked at the man through glowered eyes.
“And you are?”
Jonathan smiled and easily extended his own claws, from the tips of his fingers.
“Deathstryke was not the only one, there were three of us. Deathstryke, me and another women. I alone have survived. So watch your tone as well, I am like the newer model of you.”
He roared with laughter as Logan and Ororo looked at him angrily. She heard Logan growl deep within his throat. She walked back over to him and placed a gentle hand on his chest.
“He means to aggravate you husband. We will come back later, and investigate.”
Logan nodded and intertwined her fingers in his own. When they reached the car he pushed her against it and kissed her soflty, seeing the worry lines in her face. Ororo returned his kiss, needing his strength. Logans hands found their way underneath her shirt as he gently massaged the muscles of her back, he chuckled when he smelled her arousal. She gave him the “your going to get it” look and kissed him, her tongue demanding acess, her hand crept into his pants and he jumped.
“your askin for it darlin.”
Her breath came in short gasps as he kissed her pulse, it pounding against his lips.
“Logan we should be worrying about Jesha.”
“I know I know.”
He kissed his way up her neck to her forhead and kissed her soflty on the lips again. He could feel the worry in her heart and it concerned him. He ended their kiss and put his forhead against hers kissing the top of her nose.
“Wife of mine, it will be ok. I can feel the fear and worry within you.”
Ororo leaned against him a moment enjoying his love and the passion that was ever present between them. He held her a moment longer hten released her the two of them jumping back in the car. Logan drove back to the mansion Sean was pacing the floor restlessly racking his brain to figure out what was going on.
Gambit looked at him in concern.
“Mon ami it will do ya no good ta pace de floor.”
Sean exasperated looked at him, his eyes flashing angrily. Ororo and Logan walked into the room, both noticing Sean’s agitation. Logan walked over to his son in law and grabbed him by the shoulders.
“Sean we will find her.”
Sean stiffened but looked into Logan’s eyes.
“Thank ye father.”
Logan nodded.
“Ro and I found out something interesting. Deathstryke and I were not the only animals that Stryker created, there were two more one of which survived. He’s the man Gambit Jesha danced for.”
Sean almost jumped out of his skin.
“What? Jesha did what?”
Ro quickly explained.
“ She was a professional dancer Sean, she danced exotic, and several other things, takes after me I am afraid.”
Sean groaned.
“Lets just find her.”
Gambit looked at all of them worried and concerned. Alison noticing his look touched him gently on the shoulder. He sighed and spoke up.
“I have an idea. Logan Ororo this will be fine for you, Sean I am going to train you. Finish the jobs Jesha began I have a feeling there is something under all of this.”
Ororo looked at her brother and her face went ashen with the realization of what he said.
The Club Owner by DaughteroftheWind
Gambit looked at all of them worried and concerned. Alison noticing his look touched him gently on the shoulder. He sighed and spoke up.
“I have an idea. Logan Ororo this will be fine for you, Sean I am going to train you. Finish the jobs Jesha began I have a feeling there is something under all of this.”
Ororo looked at her brother and her face went ashen with the realization of what he said.
“Brother you think it’s the statues don’t you?”
Gambit nodded.
“TIs the only explanation mi amor. Tis the only explanation. We have five days to train Sean. Lets get to work, Ororo brief Logan, Sean I will brief you.”
Gambit and Alison took Sean to the training room, three other guild members joined them. Ororo as soon as they left the kitchen looked at her husband. Logan glanced at her, he walked over to her to catch her as she almost collapsed on the floor.
“Baby what is it?”
She smiled weakly and hugged him close, needing to feel his heart pounding in his chest, needing to hear his soft breathing, needing to smell his masculine smell. Logan concerned picked her up and took her to their room. He kicked open the doors and then kicked them close with his feet and set her on the expanse bed. He pulled off her shoes and then his own, he took off his shirt as well and crawled in bed beside her. She smiled at him. He played with her hair his fingers intertwing themselves in her white locks. After a few moments he spoke, his voice rumbling deeply in his chest.
“Baby whats wrong?”
Ororo took a deep breath and quietly began to explain her eyes betraying her fear.
“Papa Jean had a collection of Statues that he collected from an archeological dig in Cairo. They were found next to an unmarked coffin, well we opened the coffin and in it we found a forbidden king. According to Egyptian history there was a king who was banned from the land. He had been the brother of king tut. Older brother mind you. He would have been the heir to the throne, but he had a problem. He was a minor mutant, not nearly as powerful as you and I but because of his mutation he was cast out of the land.”
“What was his mutation?”
“He was a dreamweaver, he caused peoples dreams, could see truth. Many times he was called into court to be the justice and seek the truth, he could see into peoples minds and weave their dreams accordingly. Well his brother king Tut was known to be in love with a beautiful maiden who was reserved for purity reasons to the temple. King Tut regardless of her status wanted her, and took her for his own. He ravaged her in the temple. His brother a holy man and also the man the girl loved, was called into court. Before he could get there he was waylaid and killed, buried in the coffin with the statues.”
Logan playing with her hair stopped and gazed into her eyes.
“Why are the statues significant?”
“Because he put into them a powerful spell, a spell one women could unlock and it would gain the person the power of the older brother.”
Logan remained quiet listening.
“If it wasn’t a powerful mutation why would it be important Ro?”
She sighed.
“Well because in the right hands, in the hands of the one who could unlock it, the entire world could be changed and controlled. Controlled through dreams.”
Logan swore quietly.
“SO basically we have a madwomen on the loose who could pretty much rule the world. Damm Egyptians.”
“Logan it comes with a curse.”
Logans head shot up.
“Which is?”
“The wielder will only have power for so long, unless it is transferred. The source must be infinitely good or infinitely evil, otherwise it will destroy both the opener and the reciever. Even when the power leaves the opener it leaves a virus, a virus that leads to cell degeneration. It will kill the opener.”
“Why are you and Gumbo so worried about this.”
Ororo’s eyes met him tears threatening to mist them and Logan understood.His face went ashen.
“Jesha.”
“Yes, I am in the lineage of king Tut, not directly, but it was said the opener would be a distant relative, Jesha is that. She becomes the opener because of you.”
Logan looked at her in surprise.
“Why me?”
“Your feralness love. She needed to have my blood, and your strength. Jesha has both.”
“So which bad guy wants the power?”
“I don’t know, Jonathan might have those answers.”
“We’ll go talk to him tonight.”
They lay there in the silence, Logan’s hands still playing with her hair, wishing her to know how much he loved her. His fingers once more explored her face the pad in his thumb brushing over her lips. She whimpered slightly. He looked at her and chuckled. She reached out and kissed her lovingly, innocently. Ororo not wanting and innocent kiss pushed her tongue into his mouth, showing him what she wanted. He chuckled into her mouth and turned up the temperature.
Later that night, Ororo and Logan both dressed to kill walked into Jonathans night club. Terry noticing them chuckled. Jonathan also noticed their entrance, he had them right where they needed to be. The two took a table and they both looked up when Sean joined them.
“Can’t let ya have all thee fun.”
They both laughed. Jonathan wlaked over to the table his swager charming and priceless.
“Ororo its good to see you again. Logan. And you are?”
sean glanced at the man a snarl forming on his lips.
“Sean. Sean Cassidy Mactaggert.”
Jonathan nodded.
“Nice to meet you Sean. What brings you all here?”
Logan reached across the table.
“Where Jesha?”
Jonathan raised an eyebrow.
“I don’t know.”
“I think you do bub.”
Jonathan glanced at Logan’s feral note and behind Logan’s back he saw Ororo give him a seductive glance. Sean noticed it and raised his eyebrow. Jonathan smiled at her.
“Look all of this is terribly boring Jonathan darling dance with me.”
Logan glanced at his wife and saw in her the seduction he loved so well. He growled lowly to her ear. Jonathan got up.
“I would love to Ororo, meet me on the floor in a moment. I need to go yell at my waiter, he’s late with the drink.”
As Jonathan walked away Logan glanced at his wife, he emitted a low growl.
“Baby what are you doing?”
Ororo kissed him hard, possessively. Logan was taken aback by her ferocity. He growled his stenson low over his eyes.
“Baby..”
“Trust me Logan, this is going to make you jealous and your going to be angry, but trust me, trust my love for you and trust that what your going to see next is because of that love.”
She kissed him again and went out on the dance floor. Her stomach rolled with disgust at about what she was going to do. Jonathan smiled at her as she joined him on the dance floor, they began moving to the techno song, as she neared him the crowd around them became thicker and ororo unexpectedly bucked against him. Jonathan growled taken by surprise. He licked her collarbone and kissed her pulse.
“looking to have an affair Ororo?”
Ororo dropped her voice and allowed seduction to enter it.
“That I am Jonathan.”
Her hand brushed his growing erection through his pants and he grinned.
“Let me show you a good time baby.”
He snapped and the crowd became even thicker and he led her away towards a back stairway.
“That was handy.”
She stopped him several times along the stairway kissing him heatedly. She stripped off her shirt, revealing an A top and let it fall in his face as she giggled and headed to the nearest door. He followed her in and closed the door behind him, her back was facing him and as she heard the door she did a roundhouse and her heel pinned his neck to the door. He smiled.
“I like em fiery baby.”
She smiled sweetly and withdrew an adamantium, diamond katana from her thigh high boots. This made Jonathan grin even wider.
“I also love it when women play dirty.”
His claws withdrew from his fingers.
“Bring it on baby.”
Ororo grinned seductively.
“I love angry sex.”
Jonathan smiled.
“Logan’s trained you well.”
She went into motion her sword sweeping in front of him towards his head, his claws caught it and he attempted to remove her heel, she chuckled and twisted her heel drawing blood from his neck. He pushed her foot away and used it to pull her close claiming her lips. Ororo but his lower lip biting down hard, drawing blood. He growled and pushed her away. She chuckled.
“Whats the matter can’t handle me?”
He winced as his lip healed. She grinned ferally pulling him close and in between her legs. He smiled as her hands went underneath his shirt ripping it out of his pants, he grinned and then looked up at her. Her eyes flashed white and he realized she wasn’t seducing him. He attempted to bring his hands up only to find two knives embedding his shirt sleeves to the floor. With one move her katana came up and sliced off both sets of his claws. He cried out in pain
“ Wondering how I can slice through them? Diamond and adamantium together my friend can slice through adamantium itself. Now where is Jesha?”
Jonathan defeated looked at her.
“I don’t know Munroe. Maybe fucking some asshole?”
Ororo’s eyes flashed again.
“Wrong answer.”
Her sword sliced along the side of his cheek splitting the bone.
“Where is she?”
“Mastermind has her Munroe. Shes the tool, hes already got all the damm statues. Mine was a rouse.”
Ororo nodded.
“Thank you. This asshole is for my daughter, you took form her what she never deserved to have taken. This is also for Papa Jean and the blood that is on your hands. The revenge of the guild is complete”
Ororo pushed her sword through his chest, dropping him to the floor as he died, blood spurting from his mouth. She cleaned her sword against his shirt and replaced her katana and knives into their appropriate places. She walked out the door,closing it behind her and grabbed her shirt where it had been discarded on the stairs. She rejoined her husband and son in law. Logan glanced at her as she walked up, she was harder than he had ever seen her. She smelled of blood and all the pieces came together for him. She didn’t even bother to sit down.
“Lets go.”
Sean spoke up to protest Ororo silenced him with a look.
“Let me reiterate, lets go now. Sean I need you to scream.”
Sean screamed killing the video tapes and the cameras and once again the three left. Ororo’s long coat whispered as they left and Logan saw the katana sticking out of her boot. When they reached the car Logan grabbed the keys from his wife’s shaking fingers promising to meet Sean at the guild.As they got in the car, Ororo sat in the drivers seat and Logan started the cars engine and began driving away not saying a word. After a few minutes he spoke.
“Jonathan dead?”
Ororo nodded mutely.
“Why baby?”
“I did what I had to Logan, I did what I had to.”
Logan slammed his fist against the wheel angry. He pulled the car over away from the road.
“Not good enough ororo, what the hell happened?”
Ororo’s tight control slipped and tears began to fill her eyes. Logan reached over and pulled her close, kissing the tears from her eyes. He pulled her close and he felt her breathing calm, she listened to his voice rumbling through his chest.
“baby what is it?”
Ororo slowly began to explain, began to explain about Jesha and how Jonathan had raped her, she explained about the guild family policy of taking on a job that was never finished. Tears streamed down her face.
“I’ve never killed anyone Logan.”
Logan held her closely and just let her cry, when she was done she kissed him begging that he still loved her. Logan returned her kiss, loving her. He pushed his hands up her shirt stripping it off her his pad thumbs teasing her breasts into peaks, she let out a mewl sound of pleasure.
“Oh Logan.”
He grinned loving how responsive she was. He kissed her again, pushing her gently back onto the car seat. His hand made its way down her side, past her hips and he gently pushed his fingers into her heat. Ororo gasped. Logan growled at her gasp as she pulled his head down her tongue ravaging his possessively. Ororo had her hands buried underneath his tshirt and she gently rolled her fingers in his chest hair. She pushed her hand down his pants and gently massaged his growing erection. Logan moaned, responsive to her touch. She quickly with the agility of a thief undid the button and zipper on his pants and disposed of them. Logan unzipped her boots surprised to find his wife carried weapons. He pulled out the katana and smiled at her.
“This makes you even sexier.”
Ororo laughed as Logan threw it in the back seat. He disposed of her knives as he played with the lip of her underwear and his other hand came back and massaged the small of her back relaxing her. He pushed her underwear down her long legs and kissed the inside of her legs until he reached her most sensitive area. She stopped him. He looked at her through lidded, confused eyes. Her voice filled with a passionate love.
“No foreplay, inside me.”
He chuckled.
“Your wish is my command my love.”
Logan gently parted her folds and pushed himself inside her to the hilt, earning a gasp of pleasure from her. His lips captured hers nibbling at her lower lip. The slowly very slowly, Logan began to move inside his wife. Their sweet lovemaking turned the world on its axis, the rain pelting down on them as Logan and Ororo got lost in a rhythm all their own.
Several hours later Ororo smiled at her husband underneath her. Her lips brushed his.
“We should head back.”
“MMM.”
He kissed her one more time and then gently set her beaneath him reaching for his pants. He stepped out of the car and pulled them on. Ororo whistled at him. He chuckled and watched her get dressed She straightened her hair and threw him his t shirt. He smiled, backing her up against the car one more time and kissed her again.
“I love you wife.”
She returned his kiss.
“And I you Husband.”
They got back in the car and drove back to the guild. When they reached the guild sean smiled at them when they came in.
“Have fun?”
Logan growled and took his wife up to their room. After the door closed Ororo pushed him back up against it, wanting his intoxicating touch again.
“Now where were we husband?”
Anger by DaughteroftheWind
A few days later Jesha came to and a stab of pain saturated her entire being. She winced at the bright light shining in her eyes. Her lips were cracked and bleeding, gently she dashed her tongue out across them. Her throat felt like someone had taken a file and filed the back of her throat.
“where am I?”
Her voice came out cracked and broken. The bright light in her face turned off and was replaced by a sinister face.
“reckognize me beautiful.”
Jesha’s jaw tightened.
“Mastermind.”
“Oh yes I see you do.”
Another voice spoke.
“I’m afraid its not just him.”
Jesha glanced to the right her eyes adjusting.
“eric.”
“Child.”
“Why am I here?”
Mastermind grinned.
“That will require a story Jesha, here have some coffee sorry about the brash treatment and the broken lip. You had a bit of a fall. Listen child.”
Eric began to tell Jesha of an ancient story. Jesha listened well then chuckled at eric .
“Eric do you really expect me to believe that?”
Eric smiled.
“Believe it or not kiddo you’re the key and you cannot help it.”
Jesha narrowed her eyes at him.
“What do you mean?”
“The statues will open with your very presensce, the problem is what you do with that power, we want it. And we’re willing to assure we get it.”
Jesha laughed at him.
“I doubt any argument you could give me would convince me.”
“Don’t underestimate us child. We have a very convincing argument. Show her.”
A panel slid open and Jesha saw Sean with another mutant who was beating the krap out of him. Jesha felt her mental link with him open only to be overwhelmed by the emotions he felt.
*Hang on Baby I’m coming*
*Jesha, honey are you ok?*
*yeah love hold on I will try to fix this.*
She heard sean chuckle in his mind.
*Don’t do anything brash love, our lives are worth saving our world.*
Jesha watched as Sean took another hit to the face and looked at Eric.
“Leave him alone Eric.”
“Still not convinced. OK lets go to a more sensitive topic.”
A second panel slid open to the defiant eyes of Ororo Munroe. She stood in the center room and saw a man standing there with a electric stick.
“listen carefully child through the telepathic sounds.”
Jesha did and heard a second heartbeat. Goddess Ororo was pregnant.
“Let them go Eric I’ll do it. Just leave them be.”
eric nodded.
“All I needed child. They will be released after the job is done.
Jesha nodded.
“One condition Eric.”
“And that would be?”
“Give me one night with my husband.”
Eric and Mastermind smiled.
“Of course child. I forgot you were so recently married.”
“thank you.”
“Joco take them all to a room, the animal and miss Munroe go together and Sean and this young lady go together.”
The guard nodded and escorted Jesha to a room with a bed and a small bathroom. When she stepped in she saw her husband sitting on the bed. She rushed over to him and brushed her fingers against his face.
“Lets get you cleaned up husband of mine.”
She took his hand and gently led him to the bathroom. She took the washcloth on the counter and getting it damp began to clean Sean’s wounds. His eyes met hers.
“What happened to you Jesha.”
Jesha sighed and ignored her own pain.
“Its not important.”
Sean reached out and put her o nthe counter wanting eye contact with her. She was sitting on the counter he was standing between her legs. He reached up and stopped her hand form cleaning his wounds. Their eyes met and Jesha glanced at him lovingly.
“What?”
“Jesha wife of mine tell me.”
“later husband. Let me love you rightnow.”
Sean released her hand with a sigh and Jesha began to quietly clean his wounds again. When she finished her lips met his tentatively. Sean needing her touch kissed her back his tongue sweeping her lower lip asking for access. She opened her mouth for him as his tongue swept past hers. Sean felt himself become aroused, he pushed her away momentarily needing to see her.
“Jeshia wife tell me whats happening.”
Jesha sighed she hated it when he used her full name. She kissed him one last time her kiss slow and deep. Sean responded moaning in her mouth. She chuckled and pulled away. She wrapped her legs around his waist pulling him close. Before she could say anything a knock sounded on the door and Jesha quickly removed her legs sean stepping away to answer the door. Jesha followed him and was soon caught in a tight hug by her mother.
“Jeshia you had us worried.”
Ororo searched her daughters eyes. Jesha hugged her close again and spoke in Swahili.
“Maya,wosha na tobagado? (mother your pregnant?).”
Ororo’s eyes hot up in surprise.
“Wosha na tobadago, tamen do na. (I am not pregnant that I know of.)”
“hane mono she ai. (you are I can hear the child heartbeat.)”
Ororo stepped back in shock then glanced at her daughter.
“ Papa Jean Shei ne bei de shan. (Papa Jean has been avenged as have you.)”
Jesha nodded.
“Thank you mother.”
“Your welcome child.”
The two captured each other in another hug.
“Shei de shua huo baba. ( you’d better tell Baba.)”
Ororo chucled.
“I will Jeshia.”
In swahili Jesha began to explain to her the story Eric had told her. Ororo’s face clouded.
“They are right jeshia.”
Together the two of them sat down looking at each other in the immense amount of truth in the words. Sean and Logan sat and looked at them confused.
“Care to translate?”
“Maya.”
Ororo explained the story for Sean to hear and he looked at his wife softly.
“Whats jesha’s part in all of this?”
“she is the key to all of this. Shes the only one that can give the power. They plan to use her to gain power.”
Sean’s eyesflashed.
“Jeshia why are you doing this?”
Hurt flashed across her face.
“How can you even ask me that Sean? Don’t you know the answer?”
Sean looked at her anger apparent in his eyes.
Jesha got up from the bed and walked over to him. She kissed him hard leaving him breathless.
“There in lies your answer husband.”
Jesha attempted to step away when Sean caught her close and ran his hand along her cheek.
“Lets run baby. Run away with me.”
His eyes held desperation for her.
“There is more to the story.”
All eyes turned to Ororo. She turned and looked at her husband.
“Logan I’m pregnant.”
Logan left without words to say pulled her close and kissed her. He broke away got up and did a dance around the room.
“I’m gonna be a father!!!!!!!!”
All four of them laughed. Logan after his dance turned to his daughter.
“Jesha we will get out of this alive all four of us.”
“Thank you baba, now if you’ll both excuse us I really need some time alone with my husband.”
Logan and Ororo chuckled. Logan winked at Jesha.
“Not a bad idea Daughter.”
Jesha grinned at her father. He grabbed Ororo gently in his arms and took his wife into his arms carrying her to their bedroom. When the door closed Sean took his wife in his arms and pulled her close.
“Maybe do you think it will work?”
Jesha looked into his deep green eyes and touched his face.
“I dunno won’t know until we try, but I do plan on making this night like it was our last.”
Sean growled and pulled her closer his touch demanding, his kisses heated and passionate. Slowly they made love, taking their time, savoring each moment, savoring each other and the love that existed there. Jesha reached for him several times that night just wanting to be near him, wanting his love wanting his passion. Sean savored each moment and together to two fell into a deep sleep. Jesha woke up before her husband, around 430ish, light was just beginning to show itself. Jesha got up and quietly slipped out of Sean’s arms. She walked over to the window and looked out, it was raining, Jesha stifled the cry that emitted itself from her throat. She could feel the walls closing in on her heart as tears slipped down her cheeks. Once more she was going to lose all she loved and held dear to. Her tears flowed down the sky seeming to weap with her, he heart crying out to the Earth. It rumbled quietly in response. She touched her lips feeling the love of her husband and her tears fell harder. She reached out and felt Ororo’s heartbeat, Jesha listened also to Logans. She heard the third heartbeat of the child in Ororo’s womb and it hurt deep within her. Her heart nearly broke. Lastly she turned her attention back to her husband, his redish blondish hair falling soflty in his eyes. She reached for him only to be interrupted by a knock on the door. Jesha groaned and pulled on her clothes quickly. She answered the door motioning for Sean to stay. Eric was standing there.
“Its time Jeshia.”
He looked past her into the room Sean sitting up now.
“Get dressed you have two minutes to say your goodbyes. I will wake the others. You can’t escapes Sean. It won’t work I will kill Jesha if you try.”
Sean took a deep breath. As the door closed he quickly got dressed and walked towards his wife, she was standing watching him leaning against the door. Sean looked at her mixed emotions running through his eyes. Jesha reached out and touched his cheek gently. Sean felt tears slipping down his face as he looked at her his voice cracked as he spoke.
“Baby why does it have to be this way.”
Jesha looked softly at her husband her own eyes filling with pain and unspoken words. She reached out and pulled him into a hug, Sean held her tightly almost crushing her ribs his emotions seeming to stream into her as a river becomes one with the Ocean. He held her close crying in her hair. Jesha let her own tears fall. She stepped away after a moment and she kissed him one last time, her kiss full of despair, seeming to try to say , then turned as a knock sounded on the door. Guards escorted her out of the room having a grip on both her arms. Jesha shook them off glaring at them and walked with them. The third guard looked at Sean.
“You to Mister. Move it.”
Logan and Ororo were also escorted by several guards. Logan’s mind was racing somehow he had to stop this. He growled and just as he released his claws a electric stick hit him in the side and the three of them were herded into a corner. The guards pushed a button on his wrist and Logan slammed into a clear wall. He banged on it hard trying to get out. He couldn’t. Sean screamed, which was unsuccessful. Mastermind walked out to see Jesha standing between two guards both of them with weapons loaded. Mastermind smiled.
“Take her to her chair.”
Jesa’s mind raced, this wasn’t part of the plan, the chair weould control her mind and make her relinquish, she growled a warning to the guard who tried to touch her. Her other foot reached out and caught the second guard in the mouth knocking him sensless. Mastermind raised an eyebrow as he watched her take the first the rifle against his throat choking him.
“Jesha we had a deal, or do I need to remind you of that.”
He snapped his fingers and Sean was electrocuted from behind. Jesha still held the man until the guard near Sean kicked him in the back of the knees heading toward Ororo.
“Stop Mastermind, your right.”
She released the guard and glared at Mastermind.
“We do this my way.”
Mastermind nodded.
“As you wish doorkeeper. Guard bring the statues.”
All seven statues were brought out and laid at Jesha’s feet.
“Arrange them.”
Jesha bent down and examined them Each had the face of something different. One a lion for strength. Another a Tiger for loyalty, another a horse for beauty. Each was exquisitely carved. Slowly Jesha began to arrange them each fascinating her. When she set them in the right order she stood in the center and spoke soflty in Egyptian. The stones responded and several images danced before Jesha’s eyes. She began to speakin a language she never knew she spoke, she fought to remain in control, she also felt her control wekening. Images of her husband and family flashed before her eyes. A sense of purpose slowly began to erode those images as they seemed to wave goodbye, slipping from her mind. She was becoming someone different, a wind blowing her black hair off her face her body responding to every word. The whole room was filled with Egyptian incantations, incantations of strength, valor, loyalty, betrayal and Beauty. Ororo Logan and Sean watched fascinated as the images began to swirl. When Jesha opened her eyes they were an earrie green on black. She turned to Mastermind and in a strange voice spoke.
“it is time.”
Mastermind knowing she was far gone from comprehension looked at his guard.
“Kill all three of them”
Jesha eyes flashed and the room shook.
“We had a deal.”
Mastermind nodded.
“Give me my power. Let me have your mind.”
Telepathically he began to take the power from her mind. Jesha fell to her knees trying to block him from part of her mind.
*Baba, Mama, Babe go. Get out of here. I will keep him occupied.*
Sean pushed his head against the cool surface.
*not leaving without you babe.*
Jesha closed the channel to her parents for a moment and spoke telepathically with him, she used her powers to caress his face gently.
*Sean my love, I loved you, close your eyes for a moment, remember our wedding day? Remember always Sean that I love you, that will never end. You made me complete husband. we don’t always get our happily ever afters but dammit man I love you. Now go, go for me.*
*No Jesh I won’t leave you*
*Sean I will find you now go dammit before I throw you out stubborn man*
Sean’s tears fell down his face Jesha’s heart breaking more with each one.
*Go babe. Do it for me. This is the life we chose husband, we chose to save the world. We knew this day would come, its here I’m making my choice Sean. Go live on.*
She closed him off telepathically and contacted her parents.
*Mama Baba, you’ve made me the happiest child I could ever be. You were good parents to me. It is my time to be your daughter go.*
*Jesh I’m not leaving you either.*
Over the telepathic link Jesha chuckled.
*Mother you have another to worry about go. W don’t always get happily ever after, in the life we live its how it is. This is the life we chose. I chose to do this. Now go.*
Logan out of all three of them realized what Jesha was doing.
*Come back to me daughter*
*I will try my father now go*
Jesha used the last of her strength and control to lower the barrier and Logan lit into the guards taking them out easily, then ushered his wife out of the room. Jesha held until they were gone. Her mind began collapsing and she screamed in agony. She closed off the telepathic link to her family and her agony filled her head. Tears began to fill her eyes as years of pain, pain of her parents death, pain of losing her husband, pain of losing friends, family and those she loved filled her. She was driven to her knees. Mastermind’s eyes glowed.
“Good child good.”
Jesha pulled all the strength she had and found with all the power of the curse and all the power she had she funneled it all to Mastermind, his mind began to go on overload. Jeshe screamed internally her anger apparent as her powers were released, and taken from her control, completely dicated by her emotion. Several explosions erupted throughout the mansion glass breaking, people on their knees holding their heads screaming as Jesha released her fury. Wind blew from behind her as her eyes whited, her hair free and wild. Tear stained face, torn clothes, flaming eyes and anger were the best description of her. She opened her hands and screamed louder angrier, Mastermind’s eyes bulged and poppe d as his head exploded. Jesha stood with the last of her strength and summoned her power as well as the power of the statues, She looked down at her hands and sighed, they were strong and sure, she opened them and the walls of the house began to shake, She clapped her hands tightly together the walls of the house slamming in on themselves. She closed her eyes as the house began to fall on her, she was ready for sleep.
Ororo, Sean and Logan looked back when they heard glass breaking, they were a mile away from the mansion, they watched as fire flew from the broken windows, people jumping from burning wood, many of them fell to their knees and screamed in agony. They watched as the house imploded upon itself, Jesha’s revenge complete. As they watched Logan’s grip tightened on his wife’s shoulder. They watched as agony beyond words crossed Sean’s face. He fell to his knees his hands trembling and balled into fists, tears streaming down his face. His primal cry hit both of their hearts as their own tears fell.
“JESHA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! NOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!! You stubborn women, dammit I love you!”
Banshee wept, he wept for his bride and her sacrifice. Ororo’s voice broke.
“We should leave.”
The three flew back to the guild in silence their task complete, Jesha’s sacrifice to high a cost to pay.
Divorce by DaughteroftheWind
Sean lay in bed reaching for his wife’s pillow, it still smelled like her and he felt hot tears falling down his face. It had been 6 months since her death. After her death he had headed back to Ororo and logan’s time accompanied by Moira and Charles. He remembered meeting hank and seeing the joy in the eyes of those around him when they saw charles. Sean punched the bed angrily. Jesha had been his life and now she was gone, He would forever miss her. He closed his eyes remembering her promise.
“I will find you now go.”
It echoed through his head like a curse. He was angry. He got up from the bed and headed to the car, grabbing his ipod as he went. He turned on Flyleaf and revved his engine. He tore out of the garage and headed to the race track hitting about 90 on the freeway. When he got off the ramp he drove to the track. The track owner smiled at him. Sean had become a regular here.
“Banshee what are the stakes tonight?”
Sean grinned hollowly, as his fingers nimbly turned down the music.
“Your best racers, top stakes.”
The man smiled.
“one Hundered thousand each?”
Sean chuckled.
“That’s the number.”
“Got your cash?”
Sean reached into the glovebox and handed the man fresh crisp five hundred dollar bills. He grinned.
“Allright winnings 500,000.”
Sean nodded and drove out to the track. He once more turned up the music, turning it up loud, not caring if the whole race track could hear. He flipped through his ipod and turned on Nickelback, Someday. The other cars joined him and Sean revved his engine. Since Jesha’s death he had poured his winnings into this car, adding the highest horsepower engine with a modified muffler for sound affects. Sean put on his helmet with a custom enhance speaker. Tears began to fill his eyes as he listened to the song, anger fueling his need for speed. The flag went down and Sean took off knowing this was going to be a tough race. He was racing against Mario Damageo, one of the best street racers. Sean gunned it hitting about one hundred and fifty miles per hour, he passed Demageo. The other four racers were pretty new to the circuit some of them from other circuits. One drove up beside him, Sean revved it hittingthe curve at about 110. The racer behind him spun out and ran into the wall. Sean pulled out in front easily passing the three remaiing newcomers, Demageo was a constant challenge and a good friend. By the third lap around the track the other three contestants were out, dents in cars attesting to that. Demageo looked at Sean, Sean smiled and changed to his highest gear. Demageo’s eyes flashed as he did the same. Sean smiled , his adrenaline pumping as his pulse pounded against his head, forgetting at least for a moment the way Jesha used to smile, the way her blue eyes lit up and filled with love each time she saw him, anger fueled his driving as he drove with everything he was.
Logan and Ororo arrived at the race track to see Sean’s Lamborghini racing around the track Logan whistled.
“Hes gotta be going about two hundred Ro.”
She chuckled half heartedly. Her concern showing through her chuckle. Logan understanding hugged her shoulders tightly. He was also concerned about Sean. They watched as Demageo rammed Sean, Sean took it in stride, hit the brakes and shot behind Demageo. Logan smiled at the move, knowing Jesha used to use that move. He then shifted the car pushing her to the edge, he came up beside demageo and slammed into him. Demageo tried the move Sean had just used and skidded out hitting the gravel at about a hundred miles an hour. Sean smiled knowing his friend would be ok and drove through the finish line. His took another lap around the track slowing and cooling the car down. The words to Nickelback’s song hit his heart as he sang them.
“Never made it as a wise man
I couldn't cut it as a poor man stealin'
Tired of livin' like a blind man
I'm sick inside without a sense of feelin
And this is how you remind me
This is how you remind me
Of what I really am
This is how you remind me
Of what I really am
It's not like you to say sorry
I was waiting on a different story
This time I'm mistaken
For handing you a heart worth breakin'
I've been wrong, I've been down
To the bottom of every bottle
Despite words in my head
Scream "Are we having fun yet?"
Yet?, Yet?, Yet?, no no

It's not like you didn't know that
I said I love you and I swear I still do
It must have been so bad
Cause living with me must have damn near killed you

This is how you remind me
Of what I really am
This is how you remind me
Of what I really am
It's not like you to say sorry
I was waiting on a different story
This time I'm mistaken
For handing you a heart worth breakin'
I've been wrong, I've been down
To the bottom of every bottle
Despite words in my head
Scream "Are we having fun yet?"
Yet?, Yet?, Yet?, no no

Never made is as a wise man
I couldn't cut it as a poor man stealing
And this is how you remind me
This is how you remind me

This is how you remind me
Of what I really am
This is how you remind me
Of what I really am
It's not like you to say sorry
I was waiting on a different story
This time I'm mistaken
For handing you a heart worth breakin'
I've been wrong, I've been down
To the bottom of every bottle
Despite words in my head
Scream "Are we having fun yet?"
Yet?, Yet?, Yet?, no no”
He came to a stop as the song ended and jumped out, several of his fans pouring out on the track. The owner came out and smiled.
“Good race Sean. You’ve got no competition, and your at the top circuit. Only Jesha made it this far.”
Sean ground his teeth, he couldn’t get away from that memory could he?
“Heres your money, Ro and Logan are waiting for you.”
Sean sighed, he was hoping they wouldn’t find him. He walked back to the car and pulled into the repair area.
“She looks good Sean. Only a few dings.”
“Fix em Jon, here’s ten thousand.”
Jon nodded.
“Sean you don’t need to pay me that much.”
Sean nodded.
“Just do it. No mistakes.”
“Will do.”
Sean walked out and met ro and Logan. Logan smiled at him.
“Ride home? We’ll get the car tomorrow, good job Sean, nice race.”
“Why don’t I take you two out to a nice dinner. We’ll celebrate.”
Logan looked at his wife, she nodded her consent and he drove to Harry’s. When they reached Harry’s the bartender smiled.
“Usual Sean?”
Sean smiled.
“Make it a double.”

Ororo and Logan watched Sean race, but and update more cars and become more withdrawn from the world. Charles, Moira, hank and most of the xmen had tried to talk to them, as usual they ignored him. He raced hard and spent a ton of money trying to drown out the haunting blue eyes and laughter that were consuming him. About a month later Sean drove his Jag Xj220 onto the track another five hundred thousand on the line. The Owner had said a new racer from Egypt had come up and was racing against him tonight. He said she had challenged Sean to a one on one race, winnings five hundred thousand. He accepted readily willing to race against her. He pulled up next to her car, She was driving a black and beautiful Maserati MC12 with a white stripe down the center. She was wearing concealing sunglasses over her eyes and a helmet, just as the flag went down she saluted him and took off down the track. He easily followed, knowing his modified jag had a ton of horse power. He pulled beside her and steered toward him, she gunned it and shot out in front of him, her back bumper barely missing her front. He pulled in on the edge of a curve and began to take the turn, he took it at about one hundred miles and hour, the other driver above him took it a bit faster. He nodded to her, she was a good driver.
Logan and Ororo were at the circuit once again watching Sean race against a new driver, she was good. She took a curve at 110 miles and hour. Ororo whistled as the driver pulled out of it easily. Sean’s forehead started to bead with sweat for the first tie in months he was stressed about this race, this driver was good, she was out smarting him or out gunning him the whole race. He cursed under his breath, he had gotten complacent. He growled as she pulled in front of him once more cutting him off from the inside curve forcing him to go on the outside. He was interrupted by a message from the owner.
“She wants to up the bet to a mil, have you got it? She said to back out if your scared.”
Sean snorted hell no he wasn’t scared.
“That’s a bet I’ll take.”
The up in the bet was announced over the loud speakers. Ororo’s mouth twitched in a smile. This girl was good, she wanted to meet her after the race, she was also driving one of the best cars around. Logan’s eyes were wider than usual.
“Shes nuts.”
Ororo cocked her head at her husband.
“No shes confident. She’ll win.”
“Hell no she won’t Seany boy’s a good driver.”
“That he may be, yes he’s got the superior car with that modified engine but she’s a better driver. Watch her take those curves, she’s not even wobbling. Seany boy wobbles a bit.”
Logan growled.
“Betcha a choclate bar she loses.”
Ororo laughed, her husband picking her one weakness in her pregnancy. She patted his cheek lovingly.
“I’ll take that bet.”
When they turned back to the race Sean and the mystery women were on their last lap around the track. Sean in the car came up beside her attempting to ram her, she puton her brakes heart darted behind him and drove up to his side, shaking her head she rammed him into the curve, Sean overcompensated and started to spin out, he quickly changed his stratedgy and gunned it using his far superior engine to catch up with her. Together the two cars crossed the finish line so close no one knew who won. The owner developed the photograph quickly anc chuckled. Damm Egyptian had just won. Sean and the women had just finished their last lap to cool the cars, Sean stepped out and leaned against his car. The owner shrugged.
“she won Sean.”
Sean swore and smacked his car. Ororo in the stand whopped. She kissed her disappointed husband and smiled.
“I want my chocolate bar.”
Together they walked over to the racers, several of the fans had rushed the womens car, Ororo was quickly given a path, she watched as the door swung up and a the young racer stepped out.
“Hell of a good race girl.”
The young women reached up and took off her helmet. When she did Ororo’s breath caught in her throat.
“Jesha.”
Jesha nodded and caught her mother in a tight hug. The two women were shielded from Sean and Logan’s gaze by the crowd. The crowd stood in dead silence as they hugged tightly. Ororo held her close missing her, after a moment she pushed her out to arms length.
“How?”
Jesha chuckled,
“now that’s a story, I will save for later.”
About this time Logan and Sean began to push through the crowd, Logan got their first and stopped dead in his tracks, Sean talking with the owner ran into him. When he saw Logan’s face he looked at his father in law.
“What?”
His eyes fluttered to the place Logan’s rested and his breath caught in his throat. There she was, the women who had haunted his dreams for months was standing there, her eyes were sparkling and dancing, her hair slight misheveled a few strands finding their way out of her ponytail. She bent down to a small child and was signing a hat. She said something and then looked up under his intense gaze, her eyes meeting his. He saw them dance more and love ignited in them. Logan practically sprinted across the space and captured her in a tight hug after she got up.
“Daughter I though t I’d lost you.”
She chuckled softly against his shoulder.
“You have in a way father.”
Logan looked down at her and saw a great sadness there, he opened his mouth to speak but she silenced him with a finger.
“later Baba.”
Her eyes held playfulness as she headed over to her husband.
“I believe senior that you owe me a million dollars.”
Sean having been rooted to his spot smiled a drawl slowly coming from his lips.
“I believe I do lassie.”
He reached in his pocket and pulled out the money the owner had given him, and counted bill by bill ,never breaking eye contact. When he was done Jesha smiled and put it in her pocket. She turned and walked away yelling over her shoulder.
“Nice car.”
She glanced at Ro and winked.
“Want a ride?”
Ro nodded.
“Hell yes.”
The two women got into the car, Jeshe revved her engine and drove away winking at Sean as she put her sunglasses on. Ro laughed.
“Oh your mean.”
Jesha chuckled.
“That I am. More than you know.”
Ororo saw sadness fill her daughters eyes and wanted to take it back.
“It’s the virus isn’t it?”
Jesha nodded.
“I’ll tell you when we get home. How are you feeling?”
Ororo sighed.
“Good I’m due soon. Logan owes me a chocolate bar.”
Jesha threw back her head and laughed. She reached into the glove compartment and handed her mother a heath bar. Ororo smacked her lips.
“Why is this in here.”
“Part of my diet.”
“So the car, where’d you get it.”
“Same way Sean bought the jag. Raced a car and bought it, I have three more.”
“which are?”
“Ferrari Enzo, A fia GT3 that I won and lastly a Lotus circuit car.”
Ororo chuckled.
“How much have your winnings been the last few months?”
Jesha chuckled.
“Rivaling your record mom.”
Ororo smiled.
“After this baby is born watch out kid watch out.”
Jesha pulled into the garage and parked her beautiful Ferrari.
“When do your other babies get here?”
“Tommorow.”
Jesha got out and grabbed her suitcase.
“A few things you couldn’t leave eh?”
Jesha nodded.
“I’ll meet you back in the library in about ten minutes.”
Ro nodded. Jesha headed to the room.
//////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////
Sean stood rooted in the same spot watching after the little red Ferrari. He couldn’t believe it, she was really alive. Logan came up to him and snapped his fingers in his face.
“ Wake up.”
Sean realizing he had been standing there for ten minutes gaping after the Ferreari and sanpped out of it.
“Logan lets go get a beer.”
Logan laughed.
“Lead the way.”
The two men got in their separate cars and headed to harry’s Logan bought him a beer and they talked for two or three hours.
/////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////
Jesha walked down the hall to her room, pushed open the double doors . The room smelled of her husband, she took a deep breath her hands feathering their way over the dresser and the nightstand. She paused and chuckled when she saw an Ella fitzgerald record on the floor. She grabbed the record and put it on the old player enjoying its scratchy beauty. She stepped easily out of her clothes and stepped into the shower, she took a five minute shower and dressed easily. After she finished dressing she grabbed her Ella Fitzgerald CD, turning off the record and walked downstairs. She turned it on soflty on the large stereo. She then joined Ororo in the library.
“Care to come keep me company and make dinner?”
“Heck yes.”
The two women opened a bottle of Ravenswood zinfandel and grabbed the large salmon filet Jesha had brought home, seasoned it and threw it in the frying pan. Jesha also sliced up zuchinni, squash, spinach, tomatoes, and Yellow peppers. She added some Slap ya mama Cajun seasoning and a bit of crushed pepper. Jesha added a bit of the zinfandel to the mix and just let it cook. Its aroma began to fill the kitchen.
“So care to tell me whats going on? Like how you’re here.”
Jesha chuckled.
“well part of my plan in taking on Mastermind was to overload him with the power he sought and deafeat him, I was successful in that endeavour, as the house began to crumble I found the statues actually had a shield around me. As soon as their power gave out I found myself in the middle of the nile river, extremely weak power wise, I couldn’t remember much except my name and other things that were simple. Well I was out on the circuit late one night and asked a good friend of mine if I could drive he let me and very simply I began to drive the circuits. I earned money, paid for my living, food clothing and the likes. As I moved up in circuits I got my first car, the FIA, I drove it recklessly, and soon I was winning a few hundred a night. It was a start, soon I finished the final circuit and heard about a hot shot Scottish driver in New York. SO my owner challenged him and he accepted. So here I am.”
“And the virus.”
Jesha’s face creased in pain as she turned the fish and vegetables. She took a long sip of wine enjoying it and looked back at ororo’s face.
“The virus is the only reason I didn’t immediately comeback, I was staying with the Marquis de gall.”
“Wise man I’ve heard, did you sleep with him?”
“Her and no she and I are just good friends, we learned of one another through the circuit. Together the two of us looked for a cure, reading ancient texts, couldn’t find it. What I did discover was the simple fact that our ancestor didn’t account for mutations, the virus was meant to escalate in the persons body and become airborne and kill the world basically. Well with my mutation it didn’t work. Its contained within me and won’t be able to spread, except through bodily fluids.”
“So basically forget sex and kissing or drinking out of another glass.”
Jesha nodded.
“Pretty much.”
“Damm girl. I’m sorry daughter.”
Jesha waved her apology away.
“Its life Ororo, we don’t all get our happy endings.”
“So your just going to die.”
“Pretty much.”
“And Sean?”
“Lets just say the last time was our last, hell it felt like it. It was pretty amazing, if he wants a divorce I’ll understand. I miss him already Ororo.”
Ro nodded understading.
“Have Henry look at you tomorrow. Please.”
Jesha nodded.
“I will.”
Jesha grabbed the fish off the stove and a plate, filled it and handed it to Ororo. She smiled and took a deep breath breathing in the scent of it. It was good, the squash and the bell peppers adding their own mix of flavor to the fish.
“You’re a good cook Jesh.”
Jesha smiled.
“Thank you.”
At that moment the men they loved so well walked into the room smiling. Sean walked over to her and hugged her tightly. Jesha returned his hug but when he bent his head to kiss her she pulled away. Confusion and hurt filled his eyes.
“Lassie?”
Jesha sighed running her hands through her hair, her body burned for his touch. She motioned both men to a chair and pulled out the rest of the fish giving them each a plate. Both men sat down but Sean wouldn’t touch the food, his eyes searched hers.
“Baby whats wrong?”
Jesha took a deep breath and quietly began to explain. Sean’s heart sunk to his feet, as he listened to his wife speak. When she was finished he looked up at her.
“So that means I can’t be intimate.”
Jesha smiled at his politically correct term. She walked over to him her fingers gently on his lips.
“Your right love it means we can’t have sex.”
Pain filled Sean’s eyes.
“And you expect me to just stand by and watch Jesha? You think I’m going to stand here and watch you die? You expect me to wait around for that? I love you more fucking than that.”
Jesha stood quietly pain reflecting in her own eyes.
“No Sean I don’t expect you to in fact I want a divorce.”
Sean’s eyes flashed. Jesha quietly added.
“I won’t let you die for me husband, maybe its better that I never came back. If you’ll excuse me.”
Jesha walked out to the garage her breath constricting in her throat. Tears began to fill her eyes as she ran to her room, grabbed her keys and ran back to the garage. She got in her maserati and drove quickly away. The engine revved and she drove quickly away from the mansion. Ororo, Logan and Sean were all sitting in the kitchen shell shocked. Sean rose quickly from his chair as his fist pounded into the table.
“Damm women. Its not her fuckin fault.”
Ororo rose from the table and opened the doors. Logan stopped her.
“Oh no you don’t. You can’t fly with wee one babes.”
Ororo struggled against his grasp.
“its my fault Logan its all my fault.”
Logan pulled her into his arms feeling the anger in her. Sean stood pacing the floor. Would he go after her? What was he going to do? He was angry and he took his jacket and walked out in the pelting rain. Jesha drove to the dock and handed the captain enough money for her fare to Alaska.
“Did you win Jesha?”
“I did captain.”
“Then keep the fare money I won it from my crew in bets.”
“Thanks Captain how long will the journey take?”
“Few days. We leave at midnight. Plenty of good fishing on the way.”
“Nice I’ll see you in an ahour then.”
“Jesha he loves you.”
“I know Jean Luc, I guess I expected to much of him.”
She turned in the pelting rain and headed into a nearby circuit bar. They cheered and many lifted their glasses to her. She headed to a corner table and enjoyed the jazz that was being played. She ordered a tall beer , she took a long drink of her beer and tears began to slip down her cheeks as her and Sean’s favorite song came on. What a fool she’d been to come back, what was she hoping to accomplish. She listened to Ella Fitzgerald’s voice came over the speakers. She laid her head back and closed her eyes singing to the words. She felt gentle hands caressing her tears away and strong arms cradle her close. She opened her eyes to see her father looking at her.
“ Wasn’t thinking of leaving without saying goodbye were you?”
Jesha smiled.
“Baba I would never leave without saying goodbye.”
Logan chuckled and motioned her ticket.
“Yeah that’s why your boat leaves in an hour.”
“I was going to call Baba.”
He smiled.
“You’re a good liar baby girl.”
Jesha tipped her beer.
“ I had a good teacher.”
Logan laughed.
“So how were you planning on saying bye?”
Jesha laughed.
“Captain and I are old friends I fly out to meet him often times.”
“Well you better move your butt and go say goodbye to your mom before you do. Jeshia that man loves you.”
“I know Baba, but it will hurt him to much to be around me it’s a choice I make.”
“The man prolly doesn’t want you to make that choice for him.”
“You’d do no different for Mama, Baba.”
Logan nodded.
“Your right baby. But you ain’t me. You got your mothers loyalty in you. Don’t be me baby.”
“To late baba.”
Jesha finished off her beer and looked at him.
“I love you Baba. Thanks for coming all the way down here to chew my ass off. I love you.”
Logan took a deep breath and hugged her close.
“Don’t be a stranger baby.”
“I won’t Daddy. I’ll be back before you know it. I’ll come home to visit soon.”
Logan nodded.
“You better babes.”
Jesha gave him one more squeeze and got up quickly grabbing her car keys the bill and headed out. She fired up her maserati and parked it on the boat. She flicked the keys to the captain.
“I’ll fly out to meet you.”
“Allright don’t be to late.”
“I won’t be only about another hour.”
He grunted a reply and Jesha took off in the air and headed to the mansion. She landed softly on the porch to her parents room and crept in quietly. Ororo was there and turned to face her startled. She relaxed when she saw Jesha.
“I have a gift for you mom.”
She threw her in succession three sets of keys.
“enjoy them, the enzo pulls a bit to the right.”
“And where are you going?”
“Alaska, I co-own a small lodge up there, be running some circuits till I can buy my own place.”
“And Sean?”
“I can’t hurt him like this mom. Hes to good for me anyway. I love that man and I will forever love him, but I can’t hurt him like this. At least this way he’ll have another chance.”
“So your going to Alaska to simply die.”
“That’s the gist of it.”
Ororo saw her daughters determined look and wanted to cry, she knew Jesha had made up her mind. She reached out and the two women hugged tightly.
“I think your making a mistake daughter.”
Jesha nodded.
“I know I am but its better this way.”
“Come home to see me soon and your baby sister.”
Jesha nodded.
“I will.”
Ororo hugged her tightly one last time and Jesha felt her tears brim.
“Goodbye mom. I love you.”
“Love you to baby, now go.”
Jesha smiled, ran and jumped off the balcony. Ororo saw her cell phone and grabbed it.
“Jesh!”
Jesha turned around to catch an xmen cell phone.
“Use it to say goodbye to him Jeshia.”
Jesha nodded and flew into the night. Ten minutes later she landed on the deck of the boat. She pulled the cell phone out of her pocket and dialed the mansions phone. Kitty answered.
“Hey Kit Kat grab Sean for me.”
Sean answered the phone and Jesha heard his quivering emotions.
“Hey babe.”
Sean’s breath caught in his throat when he heard her voice.
“Jeshia where the hell are you.”
“On a boat.”
“So you were serious.”
“Yes handsome I was, at least this way you’ll have a chance with someone else.”
Sean growled low and mean into the phone.
“I don’t want anyone else jeshia I want you and you alone.”
Jesha’s heart hurt.
“Sean I love you to much to let you watch me die.”
Sean’s tone flattened.
“Jesha I promised you a lifetime in sickness and in health, don’t you remember? Was that all meaningless to you.”
Tears fell down Jesha’s cheeks mingling with the ocean.
“Sean it meant the world to me, those vows I took seriously.”
Sean’s voice softened when he heard her tears.
“Come back to me Baby. We’ll find a cure, let me love you.”
Jesha covered her mouth to stifle the sob that escaped her lips. She closed the cell phone and sobbed in the corner of the boat the rain pouring down.
“I love you to damm much Sean, I can’t hurt you this way.”
The Ocean around them pelted the side of the boat as she cried. The captain came down.
“Jesha I know your hurting but your going to rip the boat apart.”
Jesha took a deep breath and calmed the waves. They calmed to a beautiful calm night and Jesha headed to her room. Closing the door. Early the next morning Jesha got up early and looked out over the ocean. The sun as rising casting its beautiful colors into the sky. Jesha knew she should be taken back by it. Instead she looked hollowly on her heart crying out in its depths for her to hear. Jesha ignored it and continued to watch the sunrise.
A few days later Jesha drove off the boat and to the lodge. When she reached it she was greeted by her best friend Lauri. Lauri chuckled when she saw Jesha walk in the door.
“I was wondering when your wandering heart would bring you back. Why the hell are you here? Aren’t you supposed to be married?”
“gimme a beer women.”
Lauri laughed.
She grabbed a beer from the bar tender and the to grabbed a small table.
“So what brings you here?”
Jesha sighed then began from the beginning. After she was done Lauri raised an eyebrow.
“Damm girl, your life is never easy.”
Jesha laughed
“That it has been.”
“Get checked out jesh, we have good docs as you know here. I know you’ll want to drive the circuits, but I know the hospital is looking for a good ped.”
“Well I’ll have to show up there tomorrow and see what they can do.”
Lauri nodded.
“And the husband?”
“I asked for a divorce.”
“Why babe?”
“I can’t hurt him like that Lauri. I just can’t.”
“I understand. I struggle with the idea love but I understand. Well babes the suite is at your disposal as always. And Jesh if that hunk of a husband comes after you don’t run away.”
Jesha chuckled.
“He won’t come after me.”
Jesha started when the phone rang.
“Speaking of the devil. Hello?”
“Hey babe.”
“Hey whats up?”
“Jeshia don’t pull that shit with me. Don’t try the informal friends tone, dammit women I’m your husband. Now whats this really about?”
“What you mean whats this about? You know babe.”
“Jesha I’m flying up there to see you where the hell are you?”
“I’m in Alaska at the lodge. If you come I’m not promising I’ll be here.”
Sean was standing in there room, her words hurt and he could hear the pain in her own voice. It was tearing him apart. He put his head against the doorjam it cooling his heated skin. Damm women.
Jesha heard a pause over the phone listening to his breathing. After a moment he spoke.
“Jeshia Mactaggert Howlett hear me well. I’m going to follow you no matter where you go, no matter how far I have to go I will find you, I love you to much to let you walk away from me.”
Jesha’s breath caught in her throat as pain throbbed across her face. She felt her defenses caving. She knew in that moment that she didn’t deserve his love driving the knife further into her heart.
“Sean this isn’t what I want. I’m asking you to respect me and stay away. I want a divorce.”
“tell me that to my face and mean it. I’ll be there in two hours.”
Jesha sighed and closed her phone. Lauri across the table grinned.
“Coming after you is he?”
Jesha scowled.
“I have two hours to steel myself against this.”
Lauri made no reply her eyes dancing. Jesha scowled at her and went to her room, she took a quick shower and grabbed a meal form the kitchen. The chef smiled when he saw her.
“Jesh good to have you back kid.”
Jesha nodded.
“Good to be back Cheffy. Whats on the menu.”
He smiled.
“ here.”
He shoved a plate her way. Jesha accepted it and sat down to eat. She picked a table far from the others and sat down memories flooding back. She cursed wouldshe ever get the blasted man out of her mind. She ate quickly and jumped in the car, driving quickly to the airport. When she reached it she parked and walked in. Sean walked off the plane not notcing her at first. His auburn blond hair was in his face, he was wearing a pair of faded Jeans a black shirt and a leather jacket. Goddess he looked sexy. He turned feeling her gaze on him and walked over to her. His eyes scanned hers.
“Hey beautiful.”
“Hey baby.”
Slowly and gently Sean reached out and brushed a strand of her hair out of her face, Jesha stepped into the warm comfort of his arms. Sean pulled her close savoring her warmth the scent of flowers that always accompanied her, they held onto one another for several minutes. Jesha leaned against his chest listening to the soft sound of his heartbeat. Goddess she loved this man, after what felt like an eternity he pushed her out to arms length.
“Jeshia come home with me.”
Jesha bit her lower lip and stepped back.
“Sean I can’t.”
“Wife our relationship is built on more than sex, I love you for you. We don’t need sex.”
Jesha glanced at him.
“I can’t Sean I can’t watch you watch me melt away into a hollow being of a women.”
Jesha bit her tongue from speaking the hidden fear of she was hollow without him.He caught it in her eyes.
“I can’t live without you Jesha. Look we don’t always get our happily ever afters, we don’t its reality but baby let me make it a happily ever after for you. I don’t care if I get some damm disease. I want you and you only Jesha.”
Jesha grinned ruefully. She put her hand against his lips then kissed the back of her hand.
“That’s the problem love, it would kill the rest of the world.”
Sean stepped away angrily.
“Theres just no winning is there?”
Jesha half heartedly smiled. She reached out and touched his cheek. His emerald green eyes were ablaze with anger. They calmed as she touched his cheek getting his full attention.
“Never let it be said that I don’t love you Sean, Goddess I’m going to die without you. I love you to damm much husband.”
She stepped away the intimate moment broken, her face hardened and she reached into her pocket. She pulled out the divorce papers and threw them down on the table. She steeled her eyes and looked at him.
“I want a divorce Sean.”
Sean shook his head, his own face hardening.
“You can walk away Jesha but a divorce I won’t give you.”
Jesha nodded and turned to leave.
“Goodbye sean.”
“Jesha I won’t come after you this time.”
She turned facing him one more time and nodded.
“I know love.”
She turned and walked away her heart shattering, what was left of it, with each step. Sean angrier than ever turned and got on the plane, it took off and he flew home to New York.
Jesha got in her car , as soon as the door closed the tears began to fall down her face. She banged her hands against the wheel and screamed. She was angry, angry at life, angry at Mastermind, angry at the world. The primalness of her scream tore at her as she wept for the man she had just hurt and the heart that left her broken.
Happily ever after by DaughteroftheWind
A year later Ororo cradled her 9 month old son, who looked just like his father. She smiled at Logan Junior. He cooed back at her gurgling and spitting. Ororo laughed. Logan walked into the room to see his wife playing with their son. He smiled and watched as Ororo played with him. Logan JR saw him and spoke.
“Dada.”
Logan smiled.
“Hi baby.”
Baby Logan was let on the floor by Ororo, he crawled over to Logan who picked him up and threw him in the air. Baby Loan squealed and giggled. Ororo wlaked over to her husband her eyes misted with tears. She kissed him softly.
“I missed you today.”
Logan smiled kissing her again.
“And I you wife. Lets get Jubes to watch wee one here lets go to Harrys and get some time together.”
Ororo smiled at the idea, it was a good one.
“Allright.”
They together found Jubilation, she was sitting in the TV room watching a movie.
“Hey Jubes can you watch baby Logan tonight.”
Jubilee turned around at Logan’s voice.
“Sure thing prof. No problem.”
She got up and stretched her hands out to the baby. Baby Logan giggled as she swept him into her arms. Logan escorted his wife to the car and drove to Harry’s a smile outlined on his face. Ororo caught it and looked at him.
“What are you up to?”
Logan completely innocentized his face.
“Nothing..”
Ororo looked at him and laughed.
“You’re a horrible liar husband.”
Logan just smiled.
“Just have a bit of a surprise that’s all.”
Ororo chuckled. They pulled into the parking lot and headed inside. The bartender chuckled.
“Corner booth Logan.”
“Thanks Jim.”
Logan put his arm around Ororo’s waist and escorted her to their booth. Ororo heard one of her favorite songs turn on and moved her hips a bit. Logan smiled.
“Yes wife we’ll dance. But first the booth.”
When they got close to the booth girlish laughter reached Ororo’s ears. They turned the corner to be met by Jesha, Kit kat and Peter. Ororo squealed and moved to give each of them a close hug. Kitty smiled.
“hey Ororo.”
The two squealed and hugged close. Ororo moved to Peter who smiled. Laslty Ororo slid into the booth next to her daughter and hugged her close. Jesha hugged her back as equally as tight. Ororo inspected every inch of her face with her eyes, something was different. Jesha laughed.
“What?”
“Whats going on you look different. How are you feeling?”
Jesha smiled wider.
“Later Mother.”
Ororo crinkled her nose.
“No not later what is it Jesha?”
Jesha’s eyes began to sparkle.
“Mom we found a cure.”
Ro looked at her.
“What?”
“We found a cure for the virus.”
Ororo felt tears fill her eyes as she hugged her daughter close. They had a call a five months ago from Lauri telling them that Jesha was dying, When they had seen her she had pulled through and now she was cured.
“Why didn’t you tell us?”
“I wanted to tell you in person.”
“So you’ll survive?”
Jesha chuckled.
“at least as of now yes. The experiment is still tentative. It is working, the cellular degradation has stopped and has began to repair itself in my body.”
Ororo hugged her again, and then handed her off to Logan who also squeezed her. Her eyes met her Fathers and Logan chuckled.
“We haven’t seen him in a long time babe.”
Jesha’s eyes flickered hating how well her father knew her.
“Was he well the last time you saw him?”
Logan nodded.
“He looked good, he’s a personal trainer in Buffalo, he’s stronger than I am now.”
Jesha smiled, Ororo behind them hearing what they were saying chuckled.
“Yes Jesha he’s still just as sexy, he looks hot with all those muscles.”
Jesha laughed, Logan rolled his eyes and Kitty giggled. Jesha felt her heart thump at his name. She still loved him deeply. A young man came up to the table and looked directly at Jesha.
“Care to dance lady?”
Jesha laughed.
“Love to.”
Jesha joined the young man and they danced a jig. At the end he smiled at her his green eyes dancing, his black hair unruly.
“Thank you lovely lady.”
She smiled back.
“Your welcome.”
She turned to go when he called her back. He rushed to her and grabbed her hands collecting her close to him.
“May I have your phone number lady?”
Jesha amused smiled.
“I’m sorry I’m taken.”
“I’ll respect that.”
He released her bowed and walked away. Jesha felt her heart twinge, she still loved Sean and the young mans dimpled smile reminded her so much of him. She sighed and walked back to the table. She grabbed a beer and began drinking with her friends. By the end of the night Kitty Peter, Ororo and Logan were dead drunk, Jesha laughed and drove them all back to the mansion. She made sure each couple got to their rooms safely. After she checked on baby Logan and closed the door she headed downstairs. She slipped quietly through the quiet mansion The shadows played against her face, she walked out on the porch, leaning against the door jam. She was wearing a pair of jeans a tshirt and a shepherds poncho. She pulled it close around her shoulders and closed her eyes, she imagined her husband there, what she would say, how she would act, how good it would feel to have his lips on hers. She took a deep breath, the wind seeming to help her with her fantasy brought her his smell. Jesha inhaled deeply tears begging to fall.
“Sean my husband wherever you are could you ever forgive me?”
Before she opened her eyes she felt a strong pair of arms around her waist and lips gently tease hers. She felt someone bite her bottom lip, Jesha melted in Sean’s arms, returning his kiss fiercely. She felt him cup her face and begin to kiss her tears away, his lips feathered over her eyes and face. After he was done Jesha opened her eyes, he smiled at her. Her eyes roved over his well endowed body, every muscle was shaped. It took Jesha’s breath away. His eyes were dancing as they searched hers. He put his finger under her chin and looked at her softly.
“I forgave you along time ago Jeshia, I still don’t understand but I forgave you along time ago.”
Jesha looked at him.
“You just kissed me husband exchange of bodily fluids.”
He growled softly.
“I don’t give a shit women. As I said before I love you enough.”
Jesha touched by his love chuckled slightly. She pulled his head down and kissed him again. She whispered against his lips.
“Little do you know that you can’t get it anymore.”
Before she could kiss him again he pushed her out to arms length. Jesha giggled at his shocked look.
“What?”
Jesha chuckled.
“We found a cure Sean. Its gone out of my body, I can’t give it to you any more.”
Sean whooped and grabbed her swinging her around, when Jesha was breathless and begged him to stop he kissed her again heatedly. Air became necessary and he broke their kiss, he brushed his lips against hers again.
“I love you wife.”
Jesha smiled.
“And I you husband of mine.”
She kissed him her hands finding their way under his muscle shirt, her tongue sweeping his lower lip asking for access, sean granted her access and backed her up against the door jam. Jesha felt herself becoming aroused as her tongue swept across his. Sean’s hands came underneath her shirt his thumb pads teasing her nipples until they peaked. Jesha’s breath came in a short gasp of pleasure as she moaned against him. Sean’s eyes twinkled.
“Baby let me make tonight your happily ever after.”
Jesha laughed at his cheesy line. He stopped her laughing by kissing her harshly.Between kisses she whispered never breaking contact.
“Perhaps we should finish this in our room.”
Sean backed away leaving Jesha feeling empty. She raised an eyebrow in his direction. He smiled picked her up and took her to their room.
Early the next morning Sean awoke to his wife curled up next to him She was sleepy soundly. He moved away slightly only to have her move with him and mold herself back against him. He chuckled softly and brushed her hair out of her face. She was beautiful, he never realized just how much he had missed her. He sighed. He rolled over so he could face her, his eye memorizing every line and contour of her face. When her eyes fluttered open she smiled.
“Hey.”
Sean grinned boyishly.
“Hi beautiful women.”
Jesha unbiddingly intertwined her fingers in his chest hair kissing him hard, fiercely. Sean groaned. When she broke away her eyes searched his.
“So tell me about your year.”
He smiled and began to tell her.
“ Well after I came home to New York I knew I had to do something with myself, so I found a small gym and worked out everyday to get rid of my anger. A trainer saw me and asked to train me. I agreed and started doing weight training, by the end of the year I was a bodybuilder, training and competing a bit on my own. That’s pretty much been my life for the past year.”
Jesha gently and slowly had been twirling his chest hair with her fingers listening.
Sean pushed her gently into the mattress and smiled.
“That’s distracting wife.”
She grinned up at him and kissed him.
“I was counting on it being, I have a year to make up for.”
The two of them spent most of the day in bed, laughing and enjoying each other, making uo for the marriage they started but never quite got into. Around noon Jesha heard a knock on the door, she and Sean were laying in bed talking about the virus. Sean turned his head as Jesha called out.
“Who is it?”
“Jeshia open the door.”
Jesha chuckled at Ororo’s voice. Sean kissed her.
“stay.”
“Just a sec Ro.”
Sean got up and found his discarded jeans and opened the door.
Ororo standing outside the door waited patiently. When the door swung open Sean stood there.
“What’s up Ro?”
Ororo Munroe was so shocked she stuttered a response.
“I was looking for Jesha.”
Sean glanced over his shoulder at his wife who pulled on a shirt and the pair of jeans that had been left hanging on the lamp.
“Hon it’s for you.”
Jesha scrambled to the door, pausing as she buttoned her pants. Sean caught her as she stopped.
“Hi.”
Ororo raised an eyebrow giving her the you’re going to explain that later look. Jesha grinned wider.
“What’s up?”
“Running, downstairs ten minutes, I still have to murder you for getting me so drunk last night.”
Jesha laughed.
“Getting drunk was your own fault. As for running I’ll see you in ten.”
Sean’s hand slid down her back and was playing with the lining of her underwear. Jesha’s breath came out short.
“Uhh better make that twenty.”
Ororo grinned as the door closed in her face. It was good to see the two of them together. Twenty minutes later Jesha came running down the stairs in a shorts and an A shirt. Ororo grinned.
“Lets go.”
The two of them started running down the driveway.
“SO Sean in your room a bit of a shock. What’s up?”
Jesha laughed.
She explained the occurrence last night and Ororo grinned.
“I’m glad babe, I’m glad the two of you are back together.”
Jesha nodded.
“Me to Ro.”
They ran and talked. Ororo smiled. Jesha was there, she and Logan were finally together, something in her flowed free. A sigh of contentment escaped her lips. This was life, no it wasn’t perfect, no life wasn’t easy, but it was the moments of joy that overshadowed the pain that had filled her far more often than not. It was the happiness she saw in her babies eyes, it was the peace and passionate love in Logan’s eyes, it was jesha’s smile and Seans drawl that made life what it was. She had realized that life was something that was continuous. It went on, it was the people, the passion that made it what it was. Life.. A word we all use so much.
This story archived at http://https://rolorealm.com/viewstory.php?sid=1877