Ororo stood in the quietness, her head leaning against the stone wall. So many times she had asked who she was and now she asked it of the silence. She asked it of the whispers that came from the trees. She asked it off the gurgle that came from the stream. The stone wall behind her seemed to drain all warmth from her body as she leaned against it. She asked nothing of the wall, but if you could see her you would see she was asking for strength. A gentle breeze kicked up, its hands massaging her as it swept past her. Ororo sagged against the wall. Earlier that day they had been in a abattle and Kitty had been hurt pretty badly. Ro was supposed to be covering her back. Tears slipped from the corners of her eyes. In her heart she carried much more sorrow than anyone would ever know. For her life had once been good. The world she had once known had been alive, now her heart was in its depth of pain and she never cried. That night Ororo Munroe cried, tears spilling down her cheeks. She quietly sobbed as the wind picked up, and the skies opened, they joined her in her mourning. Her mourning for the man she loved, the mourning for the parents she never had, the mourning for two close friends and a mentor lost.
Logan stood in the shadows and watched as Ro cried. He opened his senses to be rewarded with what felt like a punch in the gut, she was hurting in ways he never imagined. The smoke from his cigar was captured by the slight breeze and swept away. Logan understood pain, he understood what it felt like to have the weight of the world on your shoulders and the promises of a lifetime shattered. He watched as Ororo Munroe, his friend, his leader and co-leader, in all her glorious splendor, lifted her hands and the skies thundered in their wake. He sighed, and walked to the kitchen. He grabbed a beer out of the fridge and threw his cigar out the window. He leaned against the counter and thought for a moment. He then grabbed a second beer and headed out to the balcony. Ro still had tears streaming down her face, her back still to the cold stone wall. He smiled down at her and offered her the beer.
“Here this will help.”
Ororo was surprised when she heard his boots on the wood balcony. She looked up and smiled as he offered her a beer. She took it and took a long drink of it. It tasted good in her mouth.
“A microbrew eh?”
Logan offered her a somewhat wolfish grin as he sat on the railing.
“Only thing I drink darlin.”
They sat in silence for a few moments when Logan put his beer aside and bent down to her level. He gently took her chin in his hand and with his thumb gently began wiping away the tears he found.
“Wanna tell me what these are all about Darlin?”
He watched as she turned away a few more tears slipping out of her eyes.
“I just miss them Logan. I miss them so much.”
Logan smiled gruffly.
“Ororo look at me.”
She turned her blue piercing eyes to once more meet his hazel eyes.
“We all miss em Darlin, You can’t hold all this in all the time, Cry Darlin and let it out, or it will eat you up.”
He reached up and gently stroked her cheek.
“Its ok to cry Ro, its ok to hurt and to miss them, don’t stuff it anymore. Hell I’ve cried over them. I’ve cried over Chuck’s death, I’ve cried even for Scooter. And when we lost Jeannie I cried, I cried even harder when it was my hands and my claws that killed her. I did what I knew to be right. Hurts like hell, but it saved all our skins. Sometimes Ro it’s the better the best that hurts the most. Don’t let your heart die, its beautiful just the way it is.”
Storm was taken aback she had never seen Logan so vulnerable, his voice cracked and his eyes hurt. She watched as he got up and left her, grabbing his beer. She knew he was heading to the garage to work on his car. He seldom ran away anywhere, he knew she needed him.

Early the next morning Ro rolled over the gentle touch of the sun waking her. She groaned as she got out of bed and headed to her classes. As she got up it hit her, she remembered her and Logan’s conversation last night. He had been tender and gentle, yet still the same gruff Wolverine. They had been friends for so long, he had become her support and it surprised her how much he had come to mean. She shook off her emotions and headed to her shower.





You must login () to review.