Tendrils of the Night by DaughteroftheWind
Summary: The sword of time turns, as one warrior falls another is born....
Categories: General Characters: None
Genres: Angst
Warnings: Violence
Challenges:
Series: None
Chapters: 16 Completed: No Word count: 29579 Read: 17118 Published: 09-02-06 Updated: 06-21-07

1. Wisp of smoke by DaughteroftheWind

2. A coffee Date by DaughteroftheWind

3. Hot Dates by DaughteroftheWind

4. Barbeque by DaughteroftheWind

5. Bringing the heat by DaughteroftheWind

6. Daughter of the Night Part 1 by DaughteroftheWind

7. Daughter Of the Nigh Part 2 by DaughteroftheWind

8. As mysterious as the night by DaughteroftheWind

9. A mental note by DaughteroftheWind

10. The Race by DaughteroftheWind

11. The date and Occurences by DaughteroftheWind

12. The Ball by DaughteroftheWind

13. Matadors by DaughteroftheWind

14. The truth by DaughteroftheWind

15. Just a precaution by DaughteroftheWind

16. Goodbyes by DaughteroftheWind

Wisp of smoke by DaughteroftheWind
Adrienne Shaddai landed soundlessly on the opposite side of the large wall obstructing her from her destination. She quickly flipped over the bushes reaching down and grabbing the double dragon tanto knives out of her boots. When she landed she crouched her eyes searching for any possible danger. She stood and moved swiftly. She moved across the grounds like the night wind that brushes your face in the moonlight. Her feet only made a light sound. The only noise she made was the sound of a light wind through the tall grasses, she melted in the darkness, it becoming one with her soul. She saw a guard and backed up against the wall. She listened to her breathing, she walked up behind the guard and pushed the blade of her knife along the persons spinal column causing her not to move, the second coming up and slicing her victims throat silencing them. Adrienne cleaned her knives and headed toward the mansion. She climbed up the side wall like a agile cat. Adrienne groaned when she saw how far the porch was, stupid informer had underestimated the distance. She swung slightly silently and landed on the balcony railing, she balanced her feet perfectly. Adrienne moved quickly along the balcony railing and jumped grabbing the threshold of the door, careful to keep her body from swinging in to the glass. She landed softly on the ground avoiding the trigger alarm. She bent down and used a small tool to pick the lock and open the door. She slipped inside silently Her target was lying on the bed sound asleep. Adrienne moved quickly, she moved quickly the blunt edge of her knife at the mans throat. He grunted and awoke.
“I would advise you not to move or make a sound, or your blood will stain your sheets crimsom.”
“Who are you?”
“You need not know. Where are the swords?”
The man feeling terror rise within him heard his own voice crack.
“I don’t know.”
“Bullshit.”
“You do know. Tell me where they are.”
The man she was holding morphed in her hands.
“Elf of the night the swords you seek will never be found give up your search.”
“No Ashvana I will not. Our tribe for years has been blamed for what yours rightfully should have been blamed for. Now where are they?”
“I have them not.”
Adrienne knowing he was being truthful, released him knocking him out. She came back the way she had come flipping soundlessly over the wall. She landed on the other side got in her Maserati and drove to her home. She was an elf of the night, her dark hair cascading down to just below her shoulders, her eyes a deep sea green, her skin a light coffee color, her body strong and fit. She was a wisp of smoke in the air forgotten as soon as it was seen.
A coffee Date by DaughteroftheWind
Logan walked into the kitchen to see a very sleepy Ororo getting her first cup of coffee, she was in jogging clothes and still smelled of sleep. He chuckled and walked into the kitchen. They had a morning ritual of this.
“Omelet darlin?”
Ororo smiled she loved his omelets.
“No thanks Logan I have a morning appointment.”
Logan raised an eyebrow.
“And that would be?”
Ororo laughed at his remark.
“Wouldn’t you love to know?”
She turned back to the refrigerator flipping her hair for his benefit. When she heard nothing from him she turned back and looked at him seeing he was serious.
“Her name is Adrienne she’s an old friend of T’challa’s and mine. I grew up with her.” At that moment Hank walked in and greeted them both. They both turned and greeted him and Ororo seeing her opportunity made a quick exit out the side door. As she jogged to coffeshop she smiled to herself. She and Adrienne hadn’t seen each other in quite some time. Adrienne, she and T’challa had paled around as kids. Adrienne had recently come over from the dark forest in Africa. There were many legends surrounding that part, some of ancient elves, dwarves and other creatures that inhabited the earth all at one time. She smiled remembering the bedtime stories that her mother had used for years to get her to sleep. She rounded the corner and headed in to the coffee shop, this made her grin even wider, Adrienne was notoriously five minutes late for everything. Ororo grabbed a cup of coffee a table and sat and waited.
Adrienne awoke the next morning to her dog licking her face.
“Ay laddie I missed ya to last night.”
The dog whined as she attempted to calm him down.
“Calm down ya silly mutt.”
The husky cocked his head looking at her strangely. Adrienne knocked him over and wrestled with him a moment. Adrienne laughed as her ninty pound husky pinned her to the floor. The dog attempted to lay down but Adrienne quickly discouraged that idea She looked her husky in the eye.
“Off.”
The husky wagged his tail.
“Off me dog.”
Akiya quickly got off and Adrienne seeing his downcast ears petted him and then looked at the time groaned.
“Damm alarm clok, durn thing doesn’t work.”
She grabbed a pair of jeans pushing, attaching her leg knife as she did. She quickly pulled her hair back, grabbing her army cap to hide her ears and headed to the coffee shop. She pushed open the door and smiled at the white haired beauty sitting at the table. Adrienne headed over and sat down ordering a cup of coffee and a bagel.
“Ororo Munroe, Daughter of the wind ye are, how are ya?”
Ororo smiled at her long time friend, they were much alike.
“You’ve lived in Ireland to long sister. Your African accent is no longer there, switch to regular English.”
Adrienne laughed.
“Allright how are you African princess?”
“Well my friend well, stop calling me that infernal name, you’re the African princess, t’challa is still in love with me eh?”
Adrienne grinned.
“That he is Ororo could he ever stop loving you?”
“He never looked at you like that.”
“That’s because hes my brother.”
“No he’s not.”
“Actually he is I can prove it.”
Ororo looked at the young women before her shocked.
“He is?”
“Yes he is. I chose to live outside the palace. The people you saw me live with were my granparents. I went to school in the castle and all the other things but I never lived there. It was such a waste to me at that time. I hated polotics.”
“You spent a lot of time in the forest.”
“I did.”
“Why Adrienne?”
Adrienne remained silent.
“That is a story for another time sister.”
Ororo saw pain flutter across Adrienne’s face. She reached across the table and grabbed her hand.
“Adrienne sister what ails you?”
“Mom and dad were killed Ororo, they were assassinated by an cult.”
Ororo felt tears sparkle in her eyes and looked at her friend.
“When?”
“Six months ago.”
The two of them remained silent for several minutes and Adrienne squeezed Ororo’s hand. When she spoke her voice cracked.
“I always wanted to be you Ororo Munroe.”
At her comment Ororo’s head came up.
“What?”
Adrienne smiled through her tears.
“O to have the freedom of the air. I always wanted to be you, with your charm and your ability to be scandalous even around T’challa. I never had that freedom. You always have. Your beautiful, you can get any mans attention with just a flash of those deep blue eyes and you were always scandalous as could be.”
Ororo was about to burst out laughing. She got up and hugged Adrienne hard.
“Your silly. Because I always wanted to be you.”
They both had a good laugh.
“Where are you staying?”
“ A small house I rented. I have a dog and he can be a bit of a troublemaker, as well as a car.”
Ororo looked amused.
“What kind of car?”
“A maserati. One of the many toys daddy had. He was a circuit racer here in the states.”
Ororo’s eyes twinkled.
“I could see that, your much more like your father than T’challa is aren’t you?”
Adrienne nodded.
“Yes T’challa is much like my mother. While I am like daddy.”
“I only met your father once, roguishly handsome if I remember correct, long ears though.”
Adrienne nodded.
“That would be daddy.”
“Must be where T’challa got his charm.”
Adrienne again nodded.
“Daddy could win any women he wanted but he fell in love with mommy. He had always been a one women man, and mommy held his heart. They never had a lack of passion or trust in their marriage. Daddy and I spent a lot of time together, he used to take me on his diplomatic mission.”
“diplomatic missions you picked up when he died, you frequently into the dark forest. Adrienne who was that tribe?”
Adrienne remained silent.
“Why won’t you speak of it sister?”
“I can’t Ororo.”
“Why? Adrienne your father has been dead for years, why won’t you speak of it?”
Ororo watched as Adrienne’s eyes changed, they turned to a gray color almost as if they were the moon themselves. She blinked and they were green again. Ororo was unsure as to what she had just seen.
“It is forbidden. Do not ask me again. Please Ororo.”
Her hand squeezed Ororo’s lovingly. Ororo seeing the pain it caused her squeezed her hand back.
“We won’t speak of it again. You know of Xavier’s institute?”
Adrienne laughed and took along drink of her coffee.
“I spent a great deal of time with Xavier when he came to Wakanda. So yes I do know of his institute.”
“We could use your help, your trained in many martial arts and your also an immunologist you could teach them science.”
Adrienne nodded.
“Can do. If it will help you.”
“It will greatly.”
“Then lets go get my stuff and we’ll go, I don’t have much. I’ll drive you back.”
Together the two women went out to the car and drove to Adrienne’s house. They went in and Adrienne ran to her room to pack. Ororo walked in noticing that the house was spotless, the refrigerator had little food in it.
“I’ll clean out the fridge.”
Adrienne smiled.
“Good. Theres some specialties from Wakanda in there.”
Ororo’s eyes danced.
“I forgot your mother taught you to cook.”
Adrienne laughed and went up to the loft. It was open and Ororo could see her. She let out Akiya who ran downstairs and barked at Ororo, Ororo smiled.
“He’s beautiful Adrienne.”
“MMM I love him. He’s a good dog.”
Adrienne quickly reached into her drawer and grabbed her katana, quickly putting it in her suitcase. Adrienne felt the other swords and pulled them out, she unsheathed them, they were the swords of her people, they had inscriptions on them. They were guilded by one man, one man who could prove the innocence of her people.
“Beautiful sword.”
Adrienne came back to the present and snapped it shut.
“Whos sword is it?”
Again Ororo watched Adrienne put walls up.
“Adrienne whats going on that your not telling me.”
“Its complicated Ororo.”
“Obviously.”
Adrienne took a deep breath, then reached down and hugged her close.
“Give me a bit of time sister, and then I will tell you.”
Ororo nodded.
“I’m holding you to that.”
“I know.”
She packed the rest of her things and the two of them loaded the car. Jesha flicked her a set of keys and pointed to the Lamborghini.
“Drive it home?”
Ororo nodded.
“Hell yes.”
The two got in the cars and drove to the Xavier mansion.
Hot Dates by DaughteroftheWind
Logan looked out the window and was surprised when two beautiful cars pulled up I nthe driveway. He was even more surprised when Ororo and another beautiful coffee skinned colored women stepped out of the Maserati. He was surprised when both walked in. He walked up to greet their newcomer. A lazy smile played over his features as she walked up to him.
“Whos this Ororo?”
“Logan let me introduce to you T’challa’s younger sister, Adrienne.”
Logan reached out and shook her hand.
“Nice to meet you.”
“Nice ot meet you to Logan.”
“Nice cars you got there.”
“That they are.”
Adrienne chuckled.
“Look I gotta go get set up for my new classes.”
Logan raised an eyebrow and looked at Ororo.
“ New classes?”
His eyes held hers longer than normal and Adrienne stifled a chuckle. He liked Ororo. Adrienne gave him a once over, he was a hell of a good looking man. Muscular and strong, wild and untamed. Ororo held defiance in her eyes as she spoke.
“She’ll be helping you with your defense classes and hank with his science classes.”
“I don’t need help with my defense classes.”
Adrienne broke in at this point.
“Why don’t you let me decide that Logan, meet me in your arena in twenty minutes, I’ll give you a run for your money. Hell bring a friend.”
Logan appreciated her confidence.
“ You know I’d like that. It’ll be you and me, also Ororo and my friend.”
Adrienne nodded.
“Sounds good Mountain man. See you in twenty.”
Ororo grabbed adrienne’s arm and the two of them headed to the room Ororo showed her. As the door closed Adrienne looked at Ororo.
“Cute guy, charming to. You involved with him?”
Ororo laughed.
“No sure not. He’s a good friend.”
Adrienne laughed.
“You should make it more.”
Ororo laughed as her back hit the headboard on the bed.
“Imagine me taking love notes from the untouchable African princess.”
Adrienne laughed.
“Not as untouchable as you think sister.”
Ororo raised an eyebrow.
“Do tell.”
Adrienne chuckled.
“Do you remember the guard Matthias that used to come with daddy and I.”
Ororo laughed she remembered well.
“Yes…”
“He kissed me once.”
Ororo studied her.
“Just kissed you?”
Adrienne nodded.
“Yes. He apologized and said it wasn’t proper for him to be kissing his queen.”
Ororo threw back her head and roared with laughter. After a few minutes when Adrienne could breath she smiled at Ro.
“Ready for our sparring match?”
Ro laughed.
“Yeah lets go kick their buts.”
The two headed down to the danger room both in shorts and a shirts. Adrienne walked in and whistled.
“Nice facilities.”
When she walked into the room she smiled when she saw Logan.
“Where’s the partner?”
A deep masculine voice filled the room.
“I think you’d be reffering to me.”
Adrienne turned around to be met by a muscular black haired man. His eyes were green with a hint of orange swirling through them.
“I’m Gabriel Summers.”
Adrienne smiled her eyes meeting his.
“Adrienne.”
He took the hand she offered and instead of shaking it kissed it his eyes never leaving hers. He held her hand to his lips a moment longer than necessary, Adrienne felt the butterflies go in her stomach. Logan and Ororo watching the whole scene and were both hiding silent laughter. Logan after a moment growled.
“Are you two gonna fight or start making out?”
Adrienne and Gabriel both realizing they had been standing that way for several minutes broke apart like two teenagers. Adrienne joined Ororo and Gabriel quickly walked over to Logan mumbling a sorry under his breath. Logan just chuckled.
“Allright lets do some basic set. Gabriel you take Adrienne and Ororo your with me.”
Adrienne took up position and watched as Gabriel and she circled him. He kicked near her left shoulder she blocked and landed a punch to his face. He attempted to trip her she jumped, landed a double footed kick to his chest sending him sprawling on the mat. Logan seeing the whole thing growled.
“Dammit Gabriel darn women is kicking your ass. Pay attention, go fight with Ro.”
Five minutes later Logan found himself on the mat, in the same position. He looked up at Adrienne.
“Damm women. Where the hell did you learn all that?”
“Africa Logan. We kill wild boar with sticks, you learn to fight well, especially as the daughter of the line I come from.”
Logan nodded.
“Understandable.”
“Lets try again.”
Logan watched Adrienne closely, she was almost flawless in her moves, Logan noticed one weakness and exploited it. She was a bit high in her kicks leaving just a brief second window. Logan exploited it, Adrienne felt the back of his hand connect with her jaw. She stepped back wiping the blood away and got back in position. After both of them got several more hits on one another Logan stopped the bantering.
“Computer load weapons, what are your weapons ladies?”
Ororo smiled.
“double spears, shafts four feet long, head six in length.”
Adrienne smiled.
“Good choice sister, double dragon katanas, each blade three feet in length, each handle four inches in length. Blades made out of Adamantium and diamond.”
“adamantium and diamond?”
“Yes Logan the adamantium is reinforced and sharpened by the diamond. It cuts through adamantium.”
Logan raised an eyebrow.
“twin hooks, four feet in length each handle five inches in length.”
Adrienne raised an eyebrow at him, twirling her double katanas. Logan smiled.
“ computer start sentinel program twenty forty six.”
He looked at the others as the world swirled around them.
“ No powers.”
They nodded and the program began. They were on the outlying skirts of large city. Adrienne sheathed her katanas and landed soflty on the ground listening soflty. Ororo stopped Logan and Gabriel and watched Adrienne softly. She grinned at Ororo and motioned two of them to go to the left and the third to go with her to the right. Ororo followed her to the right and the two went into motion. Adrienne stopped her twice tracking the giant robot. When they reached it they laid out a battle plan together and then went after the robot. Adrienne rolled using her katanas to slice the circuits in the foot of the robot stopping in its tracks. She watched as the robot aimed at Ororo. Adrienne reached in her boots and pulled out her knife and threw it into the sensor system. Ororo nodded to her. Adrienne pierced the hand of the robot with her knife and used the momentum to slide on the robots shoulders, Adrienne getting ready to pull out its brain, watched as Ororo nodded. Adrienne quickly jumped off its shoulder as a lightning bolt hit it. Adrienne glanced at Ororo. Ro winked as Adrienne rolled her eyes. Ro joined her on the ground.
“Nice shot sista.”
“Can’t let you have all the fun.”
Adrienne grabbed her knife and began tracking the next robot, Ororo followed knowing this was about the hunt. She watched as Adrienne followed the bot. She found it quickly, throwing her sword, it embedded itself in the circuit board, it shorted out and fell to the ground. Ro growled. Ten minutes later Logan ended the program. The computer scored the two teams the girls coming out on top. They high fived one another and gloated at the nearby boys. Logan grinned mischievousness coming into his eyes.
“ Allrighty ladies we owe you a drink.”
Adrienne grinned.
“That I’ll take for kicking your ass Logan.”
Logan growled it was playful but also a warning. Adrienne chuckled and winked at him.
She walked over to him, she was scant inches from his face.
“Whats the matter big boy? Can’t take the heat?”
Her finger playfully traced the line of his jaw. Logan was left completely speechless. Ororo nearby laughed as Adrienne turned and winked at her. Gabriel across the room, had his mouth open in shock. Adrienne turned and left, Ororo moving to follow.
“Meet us downstairs in twenty minutes boys. And Gab close your mouth.”
Ororo followed her out in the hall, as the two reached the elevator the doors closing the two of them burst out in uncontrollable laughter. When Ororo could breath again she smiled.
“You did that perfectly.”
The doors to the elevator opened and Adrienne walked out laughing harder. She turned back to Ro.
“I’m glad my reenactment of what you did to T’challa was satisfactory.”
“Adrienne seriously I’ve never seen Logan speechless like that before, he’s probably fuming. Expect payback tonight.”
Meanwhile back in the danger room both men watched as the two gorgeous women exited the room. After a moment Gabriel cleared his throat and Logan snapped out of it.
“ What just happened?.”
Gabriel chuckled.
“ A beautiful women with just a finger and a breath seduced you speechless.
Logan growled.
“She’s been taking lessons from Ro.”
Gabriel raised an eyebrow.
“Care to explain that.”
“Nope.”
“Go get ready take a shower look nice, we got hot dates tonight!”
Twenty minutes later Ororo and Adrienne descended the stairs. Ororo was wearing a beautiful red side shoulder dress with the slit up past her knee. Adrienne was wearing a beautiful emerald green Kimono. Both men were dressed in black slacks, black tshirts and both had sports jackets. Logan watched as his teammate descended the stairs, her white hair was pulled back elaborately, He had loved her for a long time, he had never admitted it to anyone. Quickly he offered his arms to Adrienne not trusting himself with Ororo. Her counterpart, Adrienne was also beautiful, Gabriel watched her walk down the stairs and his stomach twisted into a knot. Her black hair was pulled back, her green eyes slightly grey as if the clouds were brushing across them. He smiled at her, she smiled back and took the arm Logan offered. She sent him the “come get me” look over Logan’s shoulder as they walked out the door. Gabriel turned to Ororo and smiled.
“Ready?”
Ororo momentarily distracted by Adrienne’s giggle nodded.
“Yes I am.”
She flicked Logan the keys to the Maserati and dropped back.
“Ro would you mind if I took the Lamborghini?”
Ro looked at her in surprise.
“Tis your car love.”
She handed her the keys, which Adrienne flicked to Gabriel. He caught them and headed toward the car. Adrienne followed and stepped in as he opened the door for her. As Ororo walked toward the car Logan all of a sudden feeling nervous smiled.
“Hi sorry I asked Adrienne if I could drive the Maserati. Trying to set those two up and all especially after what we saw today.”
Ororo grinned. Logan walked over and opened the door for her. She smiled up at him taking his breath away. He got in the other side and started the car. As they drove Logan started talking.
“I’m excited about Adrienne being here. Shes a lot of fun, reminds me a lot of you.”
Ororo chuckled.
“We were inseperable when we were kids. She’s an African princess and beauty.”
Logan locked his lips suddenly nervous.
“Shes great Ro. I’m glad you brought her along. I need your help paying her back for that smooth move earlier.”
Ororo laughed.
“You couldn’t if you tried Logan, shes not like that. When a man catches her eye which is pretty rare,only then is there payback.”
Logan laughed.
“allright then.”
His eyes were dancing as he looked at the beautiful women next to him. They reached harry’s in no time.
/////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////
Adrienne stepped easily into the Lamborghini with Gabriel and smiled as he got in the other side. He was wearing a cologne that smelled of pine trees and made her knees go weak. He smiled at her and began backing up.
“SO am I gonna scare you with my fast driving?”
Adrienne laughed at this.
“Hell no, in fact you’ll scare me with slow driving.”
Gabriel grinned wider. He liked this girl. She smiled at him attempting to calm the butterflies in her stomach.
“So Logan and Ororo.”
Gabriel looked at her.
“Are you a telepath?”
“Hell no. It’s the way he looks at her.”
Gabriel smiled as inwardly he sighed. He was glad she wasn’t a telepath.
“Well what do you have in mind?”
“Not much. I need to see Ororo’s reaction.”
Gabriel laughed.
“Meaning your going to seduce Logan?”
Adrienne smiled scandalously.
“Care to be my partner in crime?”
“You want me to seduce Ororo?”
Adrienne nodded as Gabriel grinned wickedly.
“I like the way you think, I’ve been having the worst time trying to figure out how to hook those two up. Lets do it.”
They shook hands as they drove into Harry’s parking lot. Gabriel walked over and opened the door for her escorting her to the other car. The four of them walked inside together laughing about nothing really. The host smiled.
“Ladies and gents what can I get for you?”
“Beer. Microbrew, try Alaskan Amber.”
Ororo glanced at Adrienne who grinned wickledly.
“You know what I want babes.”
Ororo laughed.
“Two Margeritas on the harder side.”
“and for you sir?”
“Beer gimme a red stripe.”
“Yes sir. If you’ll follow me I’ll show you to your table.”
The four of them followed them to their table, which was far enough from the dacne floor to hear but close enough for quick access. After dinner and after several margeritas Adrienne stood and looked at Logan.
“Logan dance?”
Logan glared.
“I don’t do that.”
“Nonsense.”
Before Logan could protest Adrienne used her power to kick him out of the seat.
“I’m so glad your eager to go Logan.”
He glared harder at her but softened under her dancing eyes. He led her out on the dance floor and Adrienne showed him the steps to the salsa. Adrienne moved against him, her hips rotating with his. They were close. Adrienne watched Ororo, out of the corner of her eye. Waiting to gauge a reaction. Adrienne’s mouth turned into a smile as she saw her friend keeping her emotions under tight control. She winked at Gabriel who gave her a nonchalant thumbs up and invited Ororo to dance. Ororo sitting in the booth watching the two dance felt her heart twinge within her. After a particularly seductive move on Adrienne’s part Ororo felt her cheeks flush. Gabriel sensing her discomfort asked her to dance. The two joined Adrienne and Logan on the dance floor. Gabriel led her out on the floor and the two moved perfectly together. Ororo giggled as Gabriel spun her perfectly. Logan growled as they danced. Adrienne put her finger under his chin, Logan could smell the alcohol on her breath.
“Kiss me Logan.”
Logan raised an eyebrow.
“What?”
Instead of replying he found her lips against his, she muttered against his lips.
“Kiss me Logan.”
Logan growled.
“What are you doing?”
“Logan shut up and kiss me. “
Logan complied and returned her kiss, it was far from an innocent kiss, he was surprised when her tongue swept along his lower lips asking for access. He granted her access and her tongue swept his gently. After a moment when breath became necessary, Logan broke their kiss. Adrienne stole a glance over at Ororo and found her cheeks flushed and her eyes angry. She chuckled. After the dance was over and the four joined one another at the table Ororo trying to disentangle herself from Gabriel she laughed.
“Gabriel you really shouldn’t have to much to drink, the naughty things you said.”
Logan sitting next to Adrienne almost jumped out of his seat but kept himself in check. How dare Gabriel touch Ororo. She was his. When logan realized what he had just thought he turned a red. His girl? When had he started thinking that way? Sure he had noticed Ororo before but his? He attempted to relax only noticing that Ororo had lost her battle fighting with Gabriel, both of them were panting and were very close. Ro noticing Adrienne’s close gaze pulled his head down and kissed him. Gabriel surprised closed his eyes returning her kiss. Logan growled that was all he could handle. He jumped over Adrienne with surprised agility and broke them apart.
“I think you both have had to much to drink. Time to go.”
“Adrienne are you sober enough to drive?”
Adrienne nodded.
“Uh huh.”
“Good.”
He flicked her the keys of the Lamborghini and the four headed out after Logan paid the bill. Adrienne escorted Gabriel as Logan twined his arm around Ororo’s waist guiding her to the car. He opened the door and gently pushed her inside. Adrienne did the same with Gabriel. She winked at him as she closed the door. He smiled and winked back.
“See you at the mansion Logan.”
“Yeah be careful kid.”
“I will.”
As she got in the car and closed the door Gabriel and Adrienne burst out laughing. She high fived him.
“Nice move bro.”
“Thanks.”
They drove back ot the mansion. Meanwhile in the car Ororo watched Logan, he was driving like a madman and was furious. She had never seen him so angry, was it anger? Was he angry at her? Why were his eyes flashing? Did he care if she had kissed Gabriel? Why would it matter? Was he protecting her? What was his deal? She sighed and ran a hand through her hair. Logan noticing her aggravation smiled.
“I just didn’t want ya to do anything you’d regret.”
Ororo felt her heart sink.
“Thank you Logan. I’m a big girl I can handle myself.”
He smiled as his yes roved over her.
“I noticed.”
They drove the rest of the way in silence. When they reached the mansion Ororo headed to her and Adrienne’s room, they had decided to share it. She walked into the room seeing a green robe on the floor and smiled. She wlaked in the bathroom to see Adrienne brushing her teeth.
“Logan’s a good kisser.”
Ororo checking herself and stifling a growl smiled casually.
“As is Gabriel.”
They both giggled. A few minutes later Ororo curled up in bed as Adrienne grabbed her sleeping bag and slept on the floor. Soon a sound could not be heard and they were both fast asleep.
Barbeque by DaughteroftheWind
Adrienne awoke with the glint of the dawn. Her head was pounding as she opened her eyes. She had had to much to drink the previous evening. She heard Ororo groan.
“Oh Lord sister I had to much to drink.”
Adrienne chuckled.
“Me to. Come on get up, running time.”
Ororo growled.
“Hell no.”
Adrienne scooped up a pillow and smacked her.
“Don’t make me come in there and get you.”
Ororo pretended to be asleep, Adrienne laughed and crawled onto the bed then promptly began to tickle Ororo. Ororo squealed, probably waking the whole mansion. Adrienne continued tickling her.
“Stop.”
Adrienne grinned mischeviously.
“Make me.”
A moment later Ororo had Adrienne pinned and the two of them were laughing hysterically. Ro grinned triumphantly.
“I win.”
A moment later she found herself on the floor. With Adrienne smiling.
“No you don’t lets go.”
Ro growled but changed in to her workout clothes. She and Adrienne walked down the stairs stretching, Akiya joined them downstairs his tail wagging excitedly. Adrienne grinned and spoke softly to him in Swahili. The dog barked and the thereof them took off for their morning run. That morning run became a routine. After their run Ororo went down to the danger room and smiled when she saw Logan. She watched him a moment hiding in the shadows. She had never seen his face so peaceful and relaxed. A strand of his black hair fell in his face, and Ororo felt her heart clench within her chest. Goddess he was like a walking temptation to her. A moment later his grey/ brown eyes opened and met her. He smiled.
“I know your there Ro Might as well come out.”
Ororo swore to herself, she should have known he would notice her presence. She joined him in the room and the two began dueling. Ten minutes later Ororo found herself flat on the mat, she got up to face him again. He smiled and before she could attack he stopped her.
“Hold up kiddo.”
Tenderly he reached out and showed her the correct move. Ororo’s pulse increases as she watched him and as he touched her. He smiled. An hour and several bruises later she headed to her room to shower. When she reached it she found Adrienne heading to her classes.
“Ororo why are you bruised?”
“Training sessions with Logan. He wants me to work on my self defense.”
Adrienne nodded her approval.
“Good you can use more hand to hand combat experience.”
Ororo growled at her friend and headed to the shower. Adrienne headed to her classroom, when she reached it she saw several students sitting in their desks talking.
“Allright everyone I’m your new science teacher at least for this short summer session. This class will not be easy, you will have to study hard and outside of class, however you will learn. Dr McCoy has kindly offered me the use of his lab to show you some of the things we will be doing. Lets start with a basic deifinition. Immunology is the study of disesases.”
An hour later Adrienne finished up her class and her students left. As her students began filing out after the last one Gabriel walked into the room.
“How was your first day with the monsters?”
Adrienne laughed.
“They listen well, I am just hoping their study skills are as good.”
Gabriel smiled.
“So barbecue tonight coming?”
Adrienne nodded.
“Heck yeah, a few of my students found I loved sports and have several challenges set before me.”
That evening Adrienne walked out onto the large expanse lawn with Ororo beside her, the grabbed a couple of sodas and joined several of the students. Adrienne got involved in a conversation with charles who had just returned from a business trip.
“I am glad you have decided to join us Adrienne, we needed a good science teacher.”
“Thank you Charles.”
“Adrienne have you grieved?”
Adrienne glanced at Charles and chuckled.
“Out of my head my friend I would simply have told you.”
Charles smiled.
“I found out on my trip. What happened?”
Adrienne closed her eyes a moment to block the searing pain.”
“Another time Charles.”
She allowed him limited access to her mind and he saw a few images.
“Soon child, that matter gets complicated.”
Adrienne nodded.
“I know Charles. I know.”
He placed a reassuring hand on her shoulder as Gabriel walked up.
“Hey Adrienne Ororo and Logan have challenged us to a game of v ball you up for it?”
Adrienne grinned.
“Heck yes.”
They walked over to the court and Ororo started the game with a high serve to middle court. Adrienne easily there, sent it back to Gabriel her setter and called out Blue line 2!”
Gabriel set it perfectly and Adrienne spiked it to the upper left corner, Logan dove getting the ball up and Ororo returned it to the other side of the net. Adrienne laughed catching the ball at the net. It plopped down on the sand evading both Logan and Ororo. Adrienne and Gabriel high fived one another., cheering slightly. Logan cast Ororo a glance that was the death look for the other two. Logan took off his shirt and Ororo cast him an appreciative glance. How was she going to play with that handsome man without his shirt. Adrienne took advantage of the distraction and fired a shot to the middle. Logan caught it sending Ororo a smirk over his shoulder. It came toward middle back Adrienne dove for it getting it up in the air
“Help it out Gab.”
Gabriel almost falling on top of her got it over the net, Logan caught it at the net and scored. Gabriel got off of Adrienne. And took of his shirt, telling Logan he meant business. Two hours and nine points later Logan and Ororo made the final game point. Adrienne smiled and congratulated her sister. Ororo reached out catching her chin in her hands.
“shawa monotop bewoda ( you still play well sister).”
Adrienne smiled.
“No I took advantage of your weakness. You forget we’ve played together a long time.”
Ororo blushed and swatted at her. Adrienne laughed and ducked. Logan nearby chuckled.
“Yeah that’s fair Adrienne.”
Adrienne winked at Ororo Logan missing her subtle meaning. Ororo grinned back.
“No I took advantage of her weaknesses to it was fair.”
Her eyes flicked to Gabriel, Adrienne grinned to herself. Logan came up beside her and put his arm around her shoulders.
“Come on Kid I’m hungry.”
Ororo was about to turn away when he grabbed her on the other arm.
“Come on beautiful girls.”
Gabriel groaned.
“What about me?”
Logan smiled at Gabriel.
“Quit being a whiner. You snooze you lose.”
Ororo enjoying his arm around her shoulder grabbed his hand and intertwined her fingers in his. Logan felt his heart skip a beat within his chest. Adrienne noticing his heightened emotions chuckled softly to herself. Well Well well, if the two weren’t already doing a good job of liking each other. Gabriel behind her put his hand in the small of her back softly. Adrienne turned and grinned at him. He easily steered her out of Logan’s grasp. Logan growled.
“Just going to ask the lady to dance Logan.”
Logan nodded his approval. Gabriel led her out to the dance floor, their feet moving in time to the beat. Adrienne enjoyed the feeling of his body against hers. The song was a slow country song and pulled her closer his arms around her waist and her arms around his neck. He smiled down at her.
“Looks like Ororo and Logan are starting to like each other.”
Adrienne nodded.
“So I see.”
Logan followed Ororo’s eyes out on the dance floor seeing them rest on her friend and Gabreil.
“They look well together.”
Ororo nodded in response. Logan led her over to a nearby bench and steered her to sit.
“chicken or beef?”
“Fish please.”
Logan’s eyes began to dance as he grimaced at her.
“O SUUURE just pick something not on the menu I picked.”
Ororo laughed and watched him roll his eyes, then seeing her smile he winked.
“Fish it is my lady if I have to catch and cook it myself.”
A picture of Logan in the nearby lake swimming around after fish popped into ororo’s head and she started laughing ridiculously hard. Logan gave her a strange look.
“Whats so funny.”
Between gasps of air Ororo explained and gauged his reaction. For a moment a scowl passed across his features then his mouth began to twitch and his eyes began to twinkle with laughter. A moment later a deep throated bellyful laughter erupted from his mouth. Ororo had never heard him laugh so hard, it was a deep throated laugh that she enjoyed. After he caught his breath and wiped the tears from his eyes he leaned toward her and before he could think he reached out and brushed the tears of laughter out of her eyes, his fingers delicate. Ororo’s smile gently faded as she felt his touch consuming her. It was so gentle. She was amazed. His hand rested on her cheek a moment and she reached up gently caressing his hand. He smiled,there was an intense moment of silence where Logan seriously considered kissing her. He refrained and then stood up.
“I’ll go get dinner. Don’t move.”
He smiled dashingly and headed over to the barbecue. He gathered Ororo’s fish and a big steak for himself. He stopped by the table and threw some salad on both of their plates. He also put some of the guava on the plates knowing that Ororo loved it.
In the meantime Ororo sat on the bench and enjoyed watching her close friend in the arms of a good man. The two were dancing and laughing. It made her smiled. She was happy for her friend. In front of her the sun was slowly setting over the lake. It was casting its orange and pink fingers into the sky touching the very tip of the clouds. It was like painting watercolors for her. A sigh of contentment escaped her lips. Logan came back and he was carrying to plates of food and balancing a few beers at the same time. He handed her a cold Negro Modelo her favorite and a plate with fish, salad and fruit, the guava gently cut over her fish to add taste. It took Ororo’s breath away.
“Logan I didn’t know you could cook.”
Logan smiled softly.
“A lot of things you didn’t know about me darlin’. The guava compliments and deters the natural bitterness of the sole. Making it sweeter to the tase. That’s nothing, let me cook for you this week, one night, make you anything you want.”
Ororo felt her heart thump within her chest. Was he asking her out on a date.
“Come on it will be fun.”
Ororo nodded.
“Allright.”
Gabriel and Adrienne joined them a few moments later both having plates heaped with food in their hands. Adrienne smiled at the beer bottle in Ororo’s hand. She nodded to it.
“Sure about that?”
Ororo realizing what she was reffering to laughed.
“You’re the one I’m worried about.”
After dinner Logan grabbed the paper plates and plodded over to the trash, Gabriel stood up to help him. Ororo and Adrienne were left alone for several minutes. Adrienne said nothing and watched as the darkness took over. Ororo watching her watched as Adrienne’s eyes went momentarily gray, as if the clouds were reaching out and touching them. Adrienne got up abruptly.
“Go to the movie, please extend my condolences to Gabriel.”
Ororo seeing the strain in her friends eyes looked at her gently.
“Adrienne what is it?”
“I have to make a phone call if you will excuse me.”
Before Ororo could say more Adrienne disappeared literally in the darkness. Ororo looked where she had walked and saw nothing but the dusk that seemed to surround her friend. Gabriel walked back with Logan and both looked at Ororo.
“Wheres Adrienne?”
“She extends her condolences. She had a phone call to make.”
Bringing the heat by DaughteroftheWind
Two months later Ororo woke to find Adrienne grinning at her.
“UP babe up. Classes start today and we need to catch some run time.”
Ororo growled.
Adrienne grinned.
“Now or I will tickle you.”
Ororo begrudgingly got out of bed. Glaring at her close friend as she did. Adrienne just smiled. Five minutes later Ororo felt her feet pounding the Earth, she listened to the sound of her breath filling and escaping her lungs, it quieted her busy mind. After a few minutes she spoke.
“So your excited about classes?”
“Yeah it will be fun to be teaching, immuno and other sciences should be fun, I am more looking forward to self defense.”
Ororo felt her heart clench in jealousy. As they ran she realized it and ran harder, wanting almost to get it out of her body, she couldn’t like him. It had caught her the night two months ago at Harry’s. He’d kissed her best friend right in front of her, sure she’d thought a relationship before but it would hurt and she knew it. Oh Goddes she couldn’t be thinking this way. The barbeque hadn’t helped nor had the late night dinner he had made for her. He was a glorious cook a handsome man and one she was falling in love with. Goddess was she really? He was her teammate and friend, they had gotten closer the last few months, talking more. Laughing more, he was training her in some martial defense at her request. Ororo was so lost in her own thoughts she had tuned out Adrienne completely.
“Ororo are you listening to me?”
Ro coming back ot her senses nodded.
“Yeah sorry.:
“Its ok anything you wanna talk about?”
Ororo sighed.
“I like him Adrienne.”
Adrienne chuckled.
“Bout damm time.”
Ro looked at her closely.
“What?”
“Do you have any idea how hard Gabriel and I have been working to get you to together.”
Ro laughed.
“Now that I think about it pretty hard. I don’t want to lose him Adrienne it would kill me.”
“You know RO, I thought leaving Africa would kill you, it never did, but for the first time in both our lives I see you in a place where I think your right.”
Ro snorted.
“well heres to falling in love and never being able to fufill it.”
“Your wrong women, your really wrong. Let yourself fall Ororo. He’ll be there to catch you.”
Ororo glanced at her sweat pouring down her face.
“And you know this how?”
“He ain’t the walking away type babes, and you know it.”
Ororo sighed.
“ How do you even know he cares Adrienne?”
“The gleam in his eyes when he looks at you. The way at the barbeque he was at your beck and call, the way he made you a romantic candlelit dinner.”
“oh vey.”
Adrienne stopped her reaching out to grab her arm, for a moment their eyes met and Adrienne put her hand over Ororo’s heart.
“Trust this my sister, trust it.”
Ororo nodded and hugged Adrienne tightly. When they broke apart they started running again. When they got back to the mansion Adrienne ran to the room and showered., she thenheaded down to meet her students. As she walked down the hall Gabriel caught up with her and smiled. She returned his smile.
“Hi.”
“Hi.”
“So you up for some volleyball tonight with Ororo and Logan?”
“Hell yes I am.”
Gabriel smiled. Over the past two months they had been getting close, enjoying each others company, enjoying laughing and enjoying everything. Gabriel also loved the night and they spent many a late night talking about politics, philosophy, psychology, medicine, all sorts of things. He smiled down at her.
“See you at five, we need this game.”
She nodded. After her first class she walked back to her room to change for her workout. When she reached it she found Ororo laying on the bed. Adrienne walked over to her and smiled.
“More bruises?”
“More bruises. Can you help me?”
Adrienne nodded.
“lets go.”
The two of them headed down to the danger room. Ororo used the attacks Logan had taught her and Adrienne showed her some easy counter moves to avoid bruising ann knock Logan flat on his back. They trained for an hour then Ororo stepped out.
“I need to go shower I have english in twenty minutes.”
“Ok tomorrow same time.”
Ororo nodded her whole body aching from the strenuous exercise.
“Got it. Thanks kiddo.”
Adrienne smiled.
“No prob bob.”
As Ororo walked out Gabriel walked in.
“Hey wasn’t expecting you here this late.”
“I was helping ro with her one on one. Logan’s been a rough teacher.”
Gabriel laughed.
“Yeah well. So I heard about this great club downtown that just got put in. I heard it has some circuit racing, thought you might enjoy it.”
Adrienne stepped closer. She was within in ches of his face.
“And why pretell do you think I’d enjoy that?”
Gabriel felt his heart pound harder, without thinking he reached out and pulled her into his arms, kissing her. At first he just brushed his lips past hers, then when he felt her arms go around his neck he deepened their kiss. Adrienne became lost within it, his tongue caressed her lower lip, she granted him access with a groan. His tongue caressed hers, enjoying her touch, his body ached for more, but he refrained. When air became necessary she broke away slightly. He held her tightly around the waist not willing to let her go yet. He smiled down at her.
“Wow.”
She grinned and kissed him again not needing words to return his sentiment. They broke apart when Scott walked and began a sparring match. Gabriel attacked in her upper six range she blocked and easily her foot found contact with his stomach. He grinned up at her to distracted by the way she had felt in his arms a moment ago. They sparred for a good twenty minutes and out of the corner of his eye he saw Scott leave. He kicked in her lower four range then disengaged and tripped her. She landed hard on the floor, he immediately landed next to her as she tripped him. He rolled and before she could move was ontop of her. She raised a questioning eyebrow.
“That was an unorthadox move.”
“Mmm that it was, but effective.”
Before she could reply his lips found hers again. His fingers intwertwined in her hair, pulling gently on the scrunchie that held it in place. Her arms were around his neck as she kissed the side of his neck. They made out for twenty minutes before they heard the danger room doors handle move and quickly broke apart. Adrienne was on her feet faster than the door could open and had quickly grabbed her scrunchie. About as the door swung open she had her hair pulled back and offered a hand to Gabriel. Logan walked in. Gabriel smiled up at her.
“Good come back tomorrow, your moves are improving.”
He smiled as she gave him a seductive look her back to Logan.
“Thank you for teaching me. I will work on that roundhouse kick more.”
Adrienne hid her smiled and then turned around.
“Logan how are you?”
Logan noticing both of them were acting rather strange raised an eyebrow.
“I’m well thanks. Don’t you have class in five minutes?”
Adrienne looked at her watch.
“Krap, well you know what they say time flys when your having fun. If you’ll excuse me.”
After she left Logan looked closely at Gabriel.
“Wanna work on those moves with me?”
Gabriel hid a smile.
“Sorry Logan, it just wouldn’t be the same. Plus I have history in five minutes.”
Logan chuckled as he watched Gabriel walk out. Those two.
Adrienne headed to her room, when she reached it she raked her hands through her hair, She couldn’t think straight. Goddess she and Gabriel had just made out for twenty minutes. She walked to the bathroom and looked closely at her neck. Thankfully no marks were left, she grabbed a pair of jeans and a tshirt and headed to class. When she reached it she began her lecture, carefully disciplining her mind to think only of immunobiology. After her class period Ororo walked in.
“Hey kiddo.”
“Hey.”
“Adrienne your disctracted what happened?”
Adrienne took a deep breath attempting to still her fluttering heart.
“Nothing.”
Ororo looked at her.
“liar”
Adrienne glared at her.
“Would I ever lie to you?”
“Yes.”
Adrienne laughed, she grabbed her books under her other arm through ororo’s as they walked. Ororo was studying her closely.
“SO?”
Adrienne giggled.
“Lets just say Gabriel and I had a sparring session today.”
Ororo rolled her eyes.
“ and what happened in this sparring session?”
Adrienne explained With each word she said ororo’s eyes got bigger.
“I’m glad sister. So are you two dating now?”
“I dunno.”
The rest of the day passed quickly, the night ending with a movie. Adrienne and Ororo both tired headed for bed relatively early. Before Adrienne fell asleep she had a wave of dis-settlment hit her. She lay awake for an hour just listening something didn’t feel right. It was soon gone and she fell asleep. Late that night Adrienne was awakened by the sound of a sword coming out of its sheath
Daughter of the Night Part 1 by DaughteroftheWind
Adrienne quickly rolled as the sword came where her head used to be. She cursed. The white elf nodded to her.
“Daughter of the night.”
“Son of the day.”
He attacked her again. Adrienne put up her hand the soft part of the side of her hand catching his sword. The side of her hand slid down the blade to the other elfs stunned look. It was all the distraction she needed, she tripped him and took his sword from him. He cursed and stood. Adrienne nodded to him holding his katana, the side of her opposite hand bleeding profusely. The elf drew his second sword and their swords clashed.
“Ro wake up now.”
Ororo woke to the sound of clashing swords and Adrienne’s tight request. When her eyes focused she immediately got out of bed. An arrow came out of nowhere and hit Adrienne in the shoulder. She cursed grunting as it hit her. Ororo seeing her friend hit summoned a strong wind, hitting the archer and the arrow he shot at her out of the way. Her eyes whited over as she stalked towards him.
“Who are you?”
The elf looked at her strangly.
“Not someone you want to mess with weather goddess.”
Ororo smiled ruefully.
“I’m messing with you intruder.”
The elf quickly drew his katana only to be knocked back against the wall. He cursed as Ororo used the wind to knock his hand hard against the wall. His hand broke causing him to drop his katana. He couldn’t hold his sword, so he attacked manually. Ororo matched him blow for blow. He sent a punch toward her shoulder, Ororo caught his fist then using his body weight against him twisted it breaking his wrist. He got back up after he cried out in pain. He stood and faced her, attacking with his legs. Ororo sighed this man was determined. She tripped him and then with one blow knocked him out. She then turned to see how Adrienne was doing. She wielded the katana easily with one hand and had several cuts on her face and torso. Adrienne didn’t seem to care. She parried his attack and lunged, he batted her sword aside, He attacked again, Adrienne blocked disengaged twirling his sword around her own, she sidestepped and using the weight of his sword, drew the tip upwards lunged underneath tripping him. He grunted as he fell, Adrienne disarmed him and her sword blade was at the tip of his throat.
“You will gain nothing by killing me Daughter of the night.”
Adrienne nodded.
“I know.”
His hand moved quickly to his belt before she could stop him he pushed a button and was gone.
“damm.”
She propped herself up on the katana and looked at Ororo. The other elf was also gone. Ororo walked over and looked at her.
“You look like shit.”
Adrienne chuckled.
“Yeah well. Iguess I better go see hank.”
Ororo nodded.
“Come on.”
Adrienne contacted Charles telepathically.
*Charles we need to talk. I need you to check the safe.*
*Already done child, they are safe, I will send Logan up for the other two while you get checked out. After that your telling me what this is all about.*
*understood*
“Logan is coming up to take the two swords and clean up the room.”
Ororo nodded.
“Well your going to the med lab first and then I will come up and help him.”
Ororo steered her down the corridor as the elevator doors closed behind them. When they reached the med lab jean took one look at her and groaned.
“What happened?”
Adrienne grinned ruefully.
“Ororo beat the krap out of me.”
Ororo snorted.
“Like hell I did. Two men attacked us they seemed bent on killing Adrienne here.”
“Who were they?”
Adrienne reminaed quiet.
“Adrienne?”
“Stay out of my head Jean you have no idea what your dealing with.”
Ororo looked at her friend in shock she opened her eyes were shining forth a mix of green and grey. Adrienne closed her eyes as she fought down the night elf within her. She felt her teeth growing longer and she snarled.
“Get out!! NOW!!!!”
Jean and Ororo both looked at her. Adrienne’s eyes reopened they were shining forth .
“GET OUT!”
Jean contacted Charles.
*Charles what do you want me to do?*
she was unprepared for Charles reply. He snapped at her.
*Do what your told Jean. Leave the room. You and Ororo leave she’ll be fine.*
Charles sitting laying in his bed got up making his way to his wheelchair. He got in in his pajamas and headed to the medical lab. Jean and Ororo were in the hallway and looked at him quizally.
“Jean create a force field. And open the garage door in the back. Leave it open. If you see anything which I doubt, it remains here. Jean now.”
The door opened and all Jean and Ororo saw was something that looked like a wisp of smoke , it made a snarling sound and ran toward the open door in the back, the night calling whatever it was. Ororo was shaken more than she thought she would be. She had heard of these creatures in Africa. There was an ancient myth about them. Charles looked at both of them sternly as the dor closed.
“This stays here. Don’t go back in that room. ”
Ororo turned to him.
“Charles whatever the hell that was could have hurt Adrienne, I needto check on her.”
“No Ororo, you will go back ot bed.”
Ororo steeled herself against him.
“Shes my best friend she could bleed to death.”
“She’ll be fine. Trust me. I will check on her. GO now.”
Jean interrupted at this point.
“Charles I’m the doctor, let me go.”
“No Jean you both have your orders now leave.”
Both opened their mouths to refuteand were rewarded by a slightly painful telepathic smack. Both looked at Charles and seeing the grim line of his jaw they both left and headed for their separate rooms. Charles very carefully headed to the medical lab. Adrienne had returned to her normal form her eyes returned back to a beautiful emerald green.
“Are you ok child?”
“Aside from the fact that I’m bleeding fine.”
“Did it leave?”
“yes.”
“What was it?”
Adrienne reached up and grabbed the shaft of the arrow, she ripped it out of her shoulder her eyes again momnetarily turning gray at the pain.
“It was in this.”
“and it does what?”
“try to read my mind and then reprogram it.”
“And it didn’t work because?”
“ My father taught me how to protect myself against it.”
“Can you treat your wounds?”
“Yes.”
Adrienne walked over to the supply cabinet and opened it quickly removing bandages and iodine. She quickly cleansed and dressed her wounds.
“We’ll talk tomorrow.”
Adrienne nodded.
“They could come back Charles.”
“I know. I will turn on the shield.”
“They can get inside it.”
Charles nodded.
“Your father meant to protect Ororo against them, they cannot get through it.”
Adrienne nodded biting back the pain.
“Sleep ina room tonight I will have Gabriel move your things.”
“No I will remain with Ororo.”
Charles nodded knowing he could not change her mind.
“Allright.”

Meanwhile Ororo walked into her bedroom to find Logan cleaning the blood of the carpet. He took one look at her.
“You ok?”
“No Charles is letting her bleed to death won’t let anyone see her.”
Logan stood and drew her close to him hugging her.
“Its going to be all right Ororo. She’s strong, chuck knows what hes doing.”
Ororo leaned into him wanting and needing his comfort. He smelled so good. Logan buried his nose in her hair attempting to be comforting. He kissed the top of her head. Ororo enjoyed being in his arms and let herself cry. Logan pushed her out at arms length so he could see her eyes. She was crying, and it broke his heart. He gently reached up and wiped her tears away with a finger. His touch was exquisite, his fingers gently began to explore every aspect of her face. He bent his head and quietly began to kiss away her tears, starting at where they fell down her cheeks. He put feather kisses around her eyes and down her nose, and lastly ended on her chin. Ororo enjoying his affection moved her lips up, capturing his. Logan kissed her cupping her face in his hands, there was nothing demanding or heated about his kiss. It was a kiss of comfort, Ororo’s heart thundered in her chest as she returned his kiss. After several moments Logan stepped away, he traced her face gently one last time, never wanting to let her go. The saltiness of her tears, was still on his lips. He gently put a finger on her lips.
“Get some sleep. I cleaned up the blood and brought Adrienne a new sleeping bag in case she comes back. I’ll see you in the morning.”
At her look of uncertainty he squeezed her hand one last time and walked out the door. He almost collided with a very pale Adrienne. Their eyes met and he noticed the gray in her eyes again. He nodded to her softly.
“You look like shit. Get some sleep.”
Adrienne chuckled weakly.
“Thanks Logan.”
When she pushed past him into the room Ororo flew to her and caught her in a hug. Adrienne grunted against the impact of her best friend. Ororo’s eyes met hers, Adrienne’s eyes were still slightly gray. Without a word Ororo steered her over to he bed.
“Lay down.”
Adrienne nodded and resisted her.
“I’ll take the floor Ororo, I’m fine.”
The corners of Ororo’s mouth twitched.
“Liar.”
Adrienne laughed weakly and stopped resisting, Ororo helped her friend take off her shirt and put on a clean one, then Ororo tucked her in and curled up next to her. Something was amiss in her friend. Ororo lay awake all night listening for any sounds, wanting to protect the women softly sleeping next to her. Around five Ororo got up and headed down to the kitchen. When she reached it she retraced in her mind the happening of the previous night. She made a cup of coffee and held it in her hand staring into it’s black depths. Logan had kissed her last night. Ororo had thought her whole world would shake apart, Goddess it was so innocent and yet Ororo had wanted him. She groaned as she looked into her black coffee. Goddess she was in love with him. Great, just great, just what she needed. She walked out in the Tv room and turned on a movie attempting to stay awake. She finished her coffee and drifted off to sleep. She was awakened several hours later by Adrienne shaking her softly. She awoke and almost fell off the couch.
She immediately stood up and hugged Adrienne tightly again. Adrienne returned her hug, and the two held each other softly for a few moments.
When they broke away Ororo wiped the tears forming in her friends eyes.
“Ayoma ai wei lovre? ( what’s wrong my love (sisterly sense ppl)?)”
Adrienne smiled ruefully at Ororo’s endearing term. Quietly her eyes met Ororo’s and Ororo gently led her outside. She lead her broken sister to the lake and sat down.
“Ready to tell me what all this is about?”
Adrienne took a deep breath and began explaining.
Daughter Of the Nigh Part 2 by DaughteroftheWind
Gabriel walked in the silence of the early morning taking a deep breath. He had almost lost Adrienne last night. When he thought about it his stomach clenched and took his breath away. He took a deep breath and watched the sunrise. He had kissed her, and it had felt good. He was falling in love with her. He hadn’t seen her since then, he missed her. Was she ok? How badly was she injured? His fists clenched and he wanted to beat the krap out of something. He jogged back to the mansion and headed to the danger room.
/////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////
Adrienne and Ororo walked outside by the lake, and Adrienne began to tell her story.
“ Theres and ancient legend within the country of Wakanda, its legend about two tribes of elves that fought for dominance of Wakanda. Well neither tribe one, humans did. The legend goes that the night elves lived in the deepest parts of the forest, they were well known warriors and a few adopted to assassins. One of the royal household was killed, naturally the night elves were blamed, only one man saw the crime. He was a night elf, and he took a set of six katanas and carved on them the true assassin as well as the origin of the true assassin. He was killed after he forged the swords, they were taken by what was found out later to be the river elves, they were a different tribe, they live along the river bed. The swords were lost, it was said, lost in the turmoil of the river forever masking the secret of the true assassin, leaving the night elves with the guilt on their heads and the blood on their hands. The humans reconciled with them and forged an alliance, but whenever someone of royal blood or orgin is harmed its always blamed on this tribe of people. Wakanda is on the verge of war Ororo. All of our lives it has been. If we find these swords we can end that. T’challa and I have been fighting for this for years.
My parents death was the catalyst SO they withdrew deep into the forest and were assumed to have gone extinct. You asked me a few months ago about the tribe Daddy worked with in the jungles of Wakanda. They are the night elves, it goes even deeper, daddy was a night elf. He sought to find the swords and he and mama were killed because of it. The swords you saw in my room, were two of the six swords. Now they want me dead. Goddess help me.”
“And you are part night elf?”
Adrienne chuckled and took off her hat. Ororo was stunned when she saw the ear had pointed beautifully. All of their life Adrienne’s ears had always been slightly akward, now they were magnificent.
“Yes I am part night elf, what you saw last night was that part of me.”
“So the wispy thing was you?”
“No that was a messager sent to rearrange my psyche.”
“But the gray eyes thing that’s not something I imagine is it?”
“NO Watch.”
Ororo watched as her eyes again turned to an eerie greenish grey color. They were beautiful in a strange sort of way. Adrienne chuckled as Ororo studied them. They called to the deepest most natural parts of her. Adrienne blinked and her eyes went back to the beautiful emerald green Ororo loved so well.
“Does T’challa know any of this?”
“Of course.”
“And Charles?”
“He knows enough.”
“What are you going to do?”
Adrienne leaned back against the tree trunk again and studied Ororo.
“I don’t know sister. I think it is time I leave.”
“Why?”
“I can’t endanger you or the kids. Especially not you.”
Ororo studied her more.
“Adrienne your like my sister, we’ve spent our lives fighting battles and growing together, trust me to fight this battle with you.”
“I can’t ask that of you Ro.”
“You can and I’ve already accepted.”
At that moment Charles voice echoed in the stillness of their minds.
*Ororo Adrienne meet me in my study, we have a visitor.*
The two groaned and headed toward the mansion. Ororo helping her up knowing she was still a little weak.
“So Logan kissed me last night.”
Adrienne almost fell over.
“What?!”
“Yeah he kissed me it was amazing.”
Adrienne laughed.
“And how was it?”
“You were right hes one hell of a kisser.”
Adrienne threw back her head and laughed.
“That he is my sister, that he is.”
When they reached the study the door swung open and Ororo saw a very tall coffe skinned elven man sitting on the couch, he seemed restless. He stood quickly when he saw Adrienne. He walked up to her and bowed.
“Ashiya montokala nishei (My lady you live.)”
“Wo de ( I do). Speak english we are in the company of friends.”
“Yes my lady.”
He looked at Ororo and smiled.
“Weather goddess.”
“Son of the night.”
“It is fortunate to find you together.”
Adrienne looked at the elf standing befobre her.
“care to explain?”
“Delighted to my lady. There are six sword, indicating that in order for the truth to be unlocked there must be three people.”
“I thought we could use anyone that was pure in heart.”
“No my lady I searched the manuscripts and found that only three with the blood of power can.”
“So only three mutants?”
“Yes.”
“T’challa isn’t a mutant.”
“He is actually. Our brother has t he blood of the hunter running through is veins. Ororo can control the weather, and you my lady control the earth and all its elements. Earth meets sky, meets hunter. Really a beautiful trio.”
Adrienne nodded.
“And so like our ancestors.”
“Well I guess its time to pack for home.”
The mans eyes turned gray indicating emotion.
“No my lady the safst place for you is right here. Your father built the shield to protect Ororo, right now it can protect both of you. I am needed to protect your brother.”
Adrienne nodded.
“Then so it shall be. And Batela, it is good to see you.”
“As it is to see you my lady. Be safe here.”
He turned and disappeared from the room. Charles looked at both of them. Adrienne softly again told the tale. Charles nodded.
“I have known of this legend for along time your father once told me. We will protect you both as always. We will also try to locate the other two swords.”
Ororo and Adrienne left the study and headed to their room. Adrienne put Ororo soflty to sleep singing a swahilian lullaby, knowing her friend was tired. She quietly slipped away and went to the danger room, her katana in hand.
As mysterious as the night by DaughteroftheWind
Gabriel heard the door open and watched as Adrienne walked in, he slipped into the shadow taking a deep breath to calm his anger at her bandages and watched her move slowly.
Slowly carefully Adrienne got lost in the rhythm of the katana moving to its sweet song. She closed her eyes letting her katana become and extension of her arm as together they began in a sweet dance. Halfway through her routine she felt a pair of strong arms encircle her waist and move with her. A male voice close to her ear began to sing a gentle song. Never missing a beat she put her katana in its sheath and turned in his arms. Gabriel pulled her close relishing the affection, relishing the feel of her against him. He took a deep steadying breath, Adrienne leaned closer her head resting her head against his chest, listening to his heartbeat. Gabriel said nothing but hummed gently. After he finished the song he stopped. Adrienne pulled her head off his chest and looked into his eyes. The deep blue looked into hers. Gently Adrienne reached up and pulled his head down her lips brushing his own. Gabriel pulled her closer deepening their kiss. Adrienne returned it with everything within her. They broke apart after a moment and Gabriel looked at her soflty. His hand gently grazed her cheek.
“I almost lost you.”
“Almost is the key word.”
She kissed him softly again they broke apart.
“Adrienne whats this all about?”
Adrienne looked at him softly.
“I can’t tell you that babe.”
“Why Adrienne?”
She sighed and stepped away from him.
“I can’t tell you.”
She turned and walked out. Gabriel sighed she was a damm stubborn. Beautiful and loving but still damm stubborn. He groaned. He turned on a program and began beating the krap out of the sentinel. Adrienne walked down the hallway and found Ororo still sleeping in the bed. She walked in and took a shower. She finished her shower and threw on her clothes. She walked out her hair still wet she had brushed it back. She walked over to the bed and sat down. Ororo stretched and rolled over.
“Morning.”
“Afternoon is more like it.”
“Classes?”
“Covered by friends.”
Ororo stretched.
“Good.”
“what shall we do today?”
“I dunno what sounds good?”
Ororo bit back a smile. What she wanted to do she could not. Adrienne noticing the creep of a blush in her sister face chuckled. She got off the bed and chuckled soflty at Ro. She reached out and put her finger under her chin.
“ Hes in the danger room.”
With that Adrienne turned and walked out of the room. Ororo smiled at her retreating back and stood to throw on a pair of sweat pants. She headed to the danger room and smiled when she saw Logan meditating on the floor. Godess he was sexy he took her breath away. She continued to watch him in silence. After a moment the corners of his mouth turned up.
“Why don’t you just come in Ororo. Are you ready for our training session?”
“Yes I am.”
Ororo walked into the Danger room and they began their training session. Ororo circled him concentrating on what Adrienne had been teaching her. Logan jumped in the air, Ororo blocked his kick and an uppercut found him flat on the floor. Logan glanced at her and smiled as he picked himself up off the floor.
“You’ve been practicing.”
Ororo nodded.
“That I have.”
Logan got off the floor and started the match again, he circled her. Ororo smirked at him as he attatcked again, he punched in her lower range near her waist. Ororo again blocked him grabbed her wrist and twisted him using his body weight to knock him on the floor. Logan landed hard on the floor his back hitting it. It surprised him when Ororo smirked down at him. He attempted to get up to find her foot plantedin the middle of his chest. He looked up at her in confusion, Ororo bent down her knees on both sides of his chest, Logan raised an eyebrow. Ororo smiled at him her fingers playing with his chest hair. She bent her head and kissed him. Her tongue was ravaging his mouth. Logan groaned under her heated assault. He moved his hands to her waist as she flattened herself out on top of him, having more access to his mouth. He groaned as he licked her pulse. HE was surprised when a few moments later she marked him. He growled in pleasure, before they could go on Xaviers voice echoed in their head.
*Xmen to the war room.*
Both growled, Logan pulled her head down for one more kiss and they got up and headed to the war room. As they walked down the hall Logan reached out and pushed her into a small niche in the wall his body pressing into hers. His mouth claimed hers in a kiss. Ororo sighed into his kiss. Enjoying it, she pressed her body into his longing for him. Logan growled. Xavier’s voice echoed in their heads again.
*Ororo Logan where are you?*
Logan growled.
*give me ten Chuck, trying to finish up something I started.*
*Ok, but hurry Logan.*
*Got it.*
*Ororo?*
*Finishing planting flowers. Be there in ten.*
*OK.*
After the mental conversation was over Logan pushed Ororo further into the wall kissing her breathless. Ororo sighed into his mouth, her deep voice reverberating through ears.
“OHH logan.”
Logan chuckled at her sultry voice. His hands found there way under her shirt massaging gently the small of her back. Ororo broke away with a gasp of pleasure. Her voice was shaking.
“Logan we better stop before we forget all about our meeting.”
Logan growled.
“I think our ten minutes is waning, but after the meeting your all mine.”
Ororo kissed him again heatedly. Logan smiled.
“Keep that up and we will miss that meeting.”
Ororo chuckled. Her knee finding its way between his legs and her teeth claimed his lower lip. She pushed him gently away from her, her arms suddenly feeling cold as they stepped out of their embrace. They headed toward the war room and walked in exactly ten minutes later. Jean blushed as she glanced at her best friend. Ororo cast her an angry glare.
*Stay out of my head jean.*
*I was love, your broadcasting.*
*Shut up.*
Adrienne also glanced at her a slight smile on her face.
*DO I need to evacuate our room for the afternoon?*
Ororo chuckled.
*You might at that.*
*Sister I’m glad.*
Ororo chuckled again and Charles glanced at all three of them.
“ I have a new mission my xmen, Adrienne, Ororo, Gabriel nad Logan specifically will be going. Magneto’s forces are moving in on a target location, the location is a mansion, a large one where the ambassador for a tribe in the Wakanada known as the Tlahan. They are here to talk about a peace treaty.”
Adrienne visibly stiffened at the name. Ororo noticing and glanced at her worridly.
“Xavier how can we ensure this isn’t a political trap. This might be a trap to get Adrienne and I out in the open.”
“Its entirely possible Ororo. But I am sending you because I know you can handle yourselves. We need the information they might have. Adrienne who are the Tlahan?”
Adrienne sighed.
“A small tribe that lives in South Wakanada. My father did much work with them. They are a small religious group of humans who value their teaching more than anything else in the planet. They fight political wars, and are a small shoot of the white elves.”
Xavier nodded.
“You know your stuff. Prepare to be the political leader in this.”
Adrienne nodded.
“allright. Charles there is something else you should know.”
“And that is?”
“The tlahan are fierce warriors, if you cross them they will kill you and anyone associated with you.”
Xavier stiffened.
“I don’t plan on crossing them.”
Adrienne nodded.
“Allright. Lets do this, when is the meeting?”
“A week from now. Be careful.”
Adrienne nodded.
“Always.”
“Your all dismissed.”
All the xmen left except Adrienne who stood looking out into the distance, her heart thumping within her chest. She needed some air. Xavier noticing her presensce smiled.
“I have a job for you child.”
Adrienne chuckled.
“The words I live for. Watcha got?”
“I found one of the missing swords, it’s the Spanish one designed for the hand of the Marquis de Grenada, it is held by the hand of Markis Takala. A young salsa dancer, hes famous rich loves fast things and seems to be right up your alley.”
Adrienne sent him a death glare and charles laughed.
“Hey come now you like fast things, you are a women of wealth and you love to dance. What a better match?”
Adrienne laughed at charles attempt to tease her.
“Allright where is he?”
“Spain. I want you to take the small blackbird, go and use your title to get the sword.”
Adrienne smiled and stood.
“Why use my title, when I have so much more.”
Charles gaped at the messages she was sending.
“I’ll stay out of trouble father have no fear.”
Charles grinned.
“Allright be careful. And Adrienne no more silencing the guards eh?”
Adrienne winced.
“Allright, I’ll do it your way.”
Adrienne headed back to her room probing quickly for where Ororo and Logan were. She was glad to find them not in the room she shared with Ororo. She packed a bag for a six day trip and stuffed her sleeping bag. Akiya woofed at her. She walked over and bent down petting her dog ruffling his ears.
“You must stay my friend. I need you to protect Ororo.”
Akiya cocked his head and woofed softly again. Adrienne hugged him close petting him. She stood grabbed a piece of paper and scribbled a quick note to Ororo explaining she would be back in time for the diplomatic meeting and that she was fine, just needed some air.
“Be a good dog.”
She grabbed her keys to the maserati off the mantle and headed out the door. As she reached the landing Gabriel stopped her. He motioned to the bags.
“Going somewhere?”
“Yes a business trip. I’ll be back soon.”
Gabriel grabbed her arm gently as she turned to go.
“Let me go with you.”
Adrienne smiled at him.
“I can’t Gabriel. I need some space and some time.”
Gabriel followd her retreat out of the mansion pleading with her. Adrienne reached her car unlocked it and put her things inside. Gabriel stood and looked helplessly at her.
“Let me go Adrienne.”
Adrienne turned and smiled to him.
“Gabriel I need time, I have a few things to do before this meeting, I’ll be back soon I promise.”
“Does this have to do with our conversation earlier?”
Adrienne laughed lovingly.
“Far from it Gabriel. There is something I must do. Trust me.”
Adrienne reached out and pulled him close to her, her lips grazing his. Gabriel pulled her closer savoring the kiss and her affection. As they broke apart he looked long and hard into her eyes.
“I trust you. Come back to me in one piece ok?”
Adrienne laughed and stepped away.
“I will, keep an eye on the lovebirds for me, and give this to Ro.”
She handed him the note for Ororo, kissed him one last time and started the car.
As she drove away Gabriel could not help but feel a sense of hopelessness. She was as mysterious as the night who was so much apart of her . As beautiful as the glittering stars, and as consuming as the night. He sighed as he watched the Maserati cruise down the driveway. Why was she so intoxicating to him?
Adrienn drove to the airport and boarded a private plane for Spain, herm cari nthe bottom of the plane, the pilot being an old friend.
“Hey Adrienne.”
“Hola my friend. How does the weather look today?”
“Beautiful day for flying. Doing osme racing this trip?”
“Yeah sure am.”
“Good go kick osme butt.”
A mental note by DaughteroftheWind
After Charles dismissed them from her meeting Logan and Ororo made a quick exit. As they walked out the door Logan quickly scooped Ororo into his arms and began plodding down the hall with her. He let her down when he reached the elevator and leaned into her. Ororo pulled his head down kissing him, wanting him. When the door opened Logan steered her out and towards his room his lips never leaving hers. When they reached his room clothing was quickly disposed of. Logan pulled her close growling at the feel of her skin on his. He was in love with her. Slowly gently he went through the ritual of foreplay leaving her gasping and moaning under his touch. He looked at her to find she was still in tight control. Her blue eyes looked up into his. Logan inch by inch put himself inside of her watching her eyes. Ororo was past thinking as he gently began to push himself in and out of her.
“Ororo, your still in control love.”
He slammed home and Ororo cried out, her eyes whiting over. The wind began buffeting the doors as Logan set a pace and the two got lost in their lovemaking. Logan brought Ororo to climax and joined her in it a few minutes later. He captured her lips in a kiss as they finished riding out the waves.
“I love you Ororo.”
Ororo looked up into his eyes and found gentle tears there. He buried his face in the crook of her neck as they fell.
“I love you.”
Ororo touched by his words, felt tears prick her own eyes.
“I love you to Logan.”
She sunk her teeth into his neck near his pulse reminding him, reminding herself that he was hers. He kissed her then, his tears forgotten.
/////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////
Hours later they emerged from Logan’s room. Before they went out to the main hall Logan kissed her again, Ororo returned it then gently with a soft giggle pushed him away.
“As much as I’d love to continue this I need to get some food love.”
Logan smiled.
“Fine.”
She laughed as she stepped out of his arms his eyes dancing and his faced graced with a gentle smile. He grabbed her hand and intertwined his fingers in hers, together the two walked down to the main dining hall. Jean and Gabriel smiled specifically at them. The kids were talking about the freak storm that had happened that afternoon. Logan laughed. Dinner passed quickly, and Ororo couldn’t help but notice Adrienne wasn’t there. She leaned close to Gabriel and spoke over the noise of everyone else.
“Where’s Adrienne?”
“OOO I meant to give that to you.”
He went looking through his pockets and pulled out the letter Adrienne had written and handed it to her. Ororo raised a questioning eyebrow at him.
“IN other words I don’t know. She told me she had some business to take care of.”
Ororo groaned and excused herself from the table taking the note with her. She stepped out in the hall and unfolded it.
Ro, my sister,
I know I know you will find my sudden departure alarming and frustrating. Don’t be, there are just some things I need to take care of before our diplomatic meeting. The Marquis de Grenada has one of the remaining two swords, I aim to get it from him. It will give us a possible advantage over the Tlahan, the Spanish sword was the sword used to kill their leader, we may be able to bargain our way that after the swords use we entrust them with it. It might work, we will see when I return. Yes I will be careful, I will not kill anyone and It will all work out. Let your worrying heart rest, I’ll be home soon enough.
I setup a telepathic link between us so you will have the ability to contact me at any time. Ororo if something happens I need to know. I don’t trust the Tlahan, but at least for now I may have to. Consequently I am happy for you and Logan, you two were meant to be. Love him Ororo, love him with all you are.
Be home soon,
Adrienne
After she finished reading she growled in frustration, how the hell did she use a telepathic link, She closed her eyes and concentrated.
*Up for a telepathic chat sister?*
Adrienne chuckled.
*I see you found it.*
*Where the hell are you?*
*Somewhere over the Ocean. How was your day?*
Ororo felt anger rise in her.
*why must you be so stubborn?*
*Why am I being stubborn?*
Thunder boomed outside
*Ayia you know why.*
Adrienne chuckled.
*Calm yourself. And don’t call me by my first name.*
Thunder boomed again.
*Ororo this is my battle, not yours.*
Ororo felt tears fall down her face.
*Adrienne sister, why must you be so damm stubborn?*
*Because I’m just like you Ororo, I must do this alone.*
*they are my people to Adrienne, it is my country to.*
She felt comfort that only Adrienne could give waif across the link.
*I know Ororo, I know. Calm your heart, trust me The school needs you and it is the safest place for you for now.*
*I can take care of myself.*
*That you can an I know that, but the kids can’t you will need to protect them.*
Anger rose once more in Ororo realizing Adrienne was right.
*If you need me Adrienne I will be there at a moments notice.*
*I know sister I know. Be safe and next time you and the boy play close the link please.*
Ororo felt herself blushing furiously.
*Sorry didn’t know it existed.*
*tis ok, So can I assume your day was good?*
*Hes amazing Adrienne, after we finished making love he had tears in his eyes as he told me he loved me. I never knew he was so sensitive. I never knew he was so deep.*
Adrienne smiled.
*I’m glad you found the man of your dreams sister. Love him.*
*oo I plan on it.*
Adrienne laughed uprourasly.
*Whats your mission?*
Adrienne sent her telepathic images of the basic rundown of the mission.
*He looks cute, and seductive be careful with that.*
*O I will.*
* be safe sister.*
*I will Ororo, see you in a few days.*
As the telepathic conversation came to a close Ororo could not help but feel a sense of hopelessness. Logan came out a moment later and saw the distressed look on her face.
“Hey baby you ok?”
“Yeah Adrienne is on a separate mission and I worry about her.”
Logan pulled her close as Ororo soflty began to explain her friends mission. Logan smiled as he heard about fast cars, a filthy rich marquis and swords.
“Sounds right up her alley.”
“It is but still I worry about her.”
Logan smiled down at Ororo.
“I do to, but shes a fierce one that one is.”
Ororo chuckled.
“True statement. Seductive as hell when she wants to be.”
Logan bent his head and nibbled on her earlobe.
“ MM she takes after you.”
Ororo turned in his arms to protest, only to have him kiss her his tongue ravaging her mouth. After they came up for air Ororo looked at him, just before her lips met his again she chuckled.
“Your no help at all.”
“Good I’m not trying to be.”
The Race by DaughteroftheWind
After dinner Gabriel got up from the table and carefully followed Ororo out. He headed up to his room packed a small bag and went in search of Charles.
“Where is she Charles?”
“Spain. Gabriel it will endanger her to go find her.”
“I’ll be a silent shadow I promise I won’t interfere, What is she doing?”
Charles explained and Gabriel couldn’t help but smile. Charles looked at him.
“If the Marquis claims her which he will knowing Adrienne it will endanger her to be seen with you. Don’t go Gabriel.”
“You can’t stop me Charles.”
Charles sighed.
“I was hoping it wouldn’t come to this. I’m sorry Gabriel, I can’t let you go.”
Gabriel crumbled to the floor.
*Collosus I could use your help.*
*On my way Charles.*
/////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////
Adrienne smiled as her pilot friend walked out.
“We are here my lady.”
“Thanks Jack. Can I rely on some help?”
“Always maam.”
“Good find out which race the Marquis will be racing tonight, buy me a spot heres some money and a title that should easily get me in.”
“No problem.”
“I’ll be at my hotel.”
“Good. I’ll meet you back there.”
Adrienne nodded.
“Good.”
Adrienne jumped in her car put on her sunglasses and drove to the nearby hotel where she was staying. When she walked in the man behind the counter smiled.
“It is the famed lady racer Lady Night. Welcome to our establishment. You will of course have the best suit and all of the best of our humble town.”
Adrienne smiled.
“I see my benefactor set this all up.”
“Oh yes my lady, we understand your challenging the marquis.”
Adrienne grinned.
“That I am.”
The man smiled.
“Careful lady, hes the most charming man in all of Spain.”
“Well then, we’ll see how well he stands.”
The man smiled.
“He likes em Sassy.”
“My room.”
“OO Of course maam.”
He took her up the stairs and to a luxury suite. Adrienne tipped the man and walked into her expanse room. She walked over to the window overlooking the city. It was beautiful outside. She took a deep breath and went to her bathroom to shower. After taking a shower she dressed for her race, she chose a tight pair of black pants, a medium low shirt and knee high boots. She sighed and brushed her long hair out. She heard a knock on the door, Jack was at the door. He gave her a once over and smiled.
“Ready to seduce the man I see.”
Adrienne glared at him.
“Get me in?”
“You were already in and your crew team is working on the car already.”
“Crew team?”
“Yes. They seemed good.”
Adrienne swore grabbed a scrunchy and her helmet and Jack followed her driving her to the raceway. When they reached it she walked over to her car to see her pit crew. Adrienne stopped dead in her tracks when she saw Ororo bending over changing her tires.
*Up for a mental chat sister?*
Ororo not seeing her chuckled.
*Sure Whats up?*
*Theres a bit of backround noise what are you doing?*
Ororo turned and smiled.
“We flew out a few hours ago, thought you could use some help.”
Adrienne laughed. She walked over and hugged Ororo.
“I’m glad you’re here, you know what your doing.”
“Hey she ain’t the only one.”
Adrienne turned to see Logan and smiled.
“Hi Logan.”
He caught her in a hug.
“We were worried about you.”
Adrienne chuckled.
“So I see. Charles send you?”
“Yep.”
“well now that you’re here make sure you get that tire screwed on tight, Ororo would you check the pressure of the brakes and the steering. I want her smooth real smooth.”
Ororo nodded.
“Aiya Captain. And nice choice of an outfit, fits the job.”
“I’ll second that. Darlin.”
Adrienne laughed.
“Thanks.”
Adrienne headed out and pulled her hair back taking a deep breath. She propped her feet up and accepted the beer the stand tender gave her. She watched the Marquis do a test drive around the track. His car pulled a bit to the left leaving room for a nasty slice to anyone who raced against him. He hugged the inside line and liked to take the curves sharp, a bit of pressure and he’d spin out. The track itself was built to be slick meaning the tires wouldn’t grip as well. The Marquis finished his lap Adrienne pulling out a few of his other errors. The owner of the track came up and spoke to her.
“It is an honor my lady to have you race here, the marquis extends his thakns for accepting his challenge. The wager is one million you have met it, race well.”
Adrienne nodded.
“Thank you for having me and allowing me to race. Lets get this show on the road.”
Adrienne walked down to her car and looked at Ororo.
“Careful kiddo he looks vicous.”
Adrienne smiled.
“Car pulls to the left, he hugs the lines, hes a vicious driver and hes cocky.”
Ororo nodded.
“Good assessment, watch that third curve it’s a bit tight.”
Logan had also been watching the marquis.
“Watch him Adrienne he;s crafy. His car is enhanced, hes got a two power motor, recent release, he can gun it and gain 20 milesperhour in speed. His car pulls to the left because he had enhanced power steering making each wheels compensate for the lack of tread on the roadway.”
Adrienne and Ororo looked at Logan in shock.
“When?”
Logan smiled.
“Dunno, I love tinkering with cars and motorcycles though.”
Both laughed at him. Adrienne pulled her hair back and her helmet on. She grabbed her sunglasses and jumped in the car. Adrienne started her engine its thrum like music ot her ears. She turned on her music and blared it. She drove up beside the marquis, who was busy playing with the radio. He looked up at her as the bell went off she winked at him and took off down the track. The Marquis momnetarily stunned by her beauty took off after her. He loved the chase. Adrienne seeing him come up behind her In the rearview mirror gunned it shifting her car into the next gear. The marquis was no fool and he watched as she hugged the inner line and cut him off at every turn. As they neared the second lap he gunned it using his speed to his advantage and attempted to pass her instead came right up along side her. She grinned wickedly at him as she turned into the next turn. The Marquis brought his car close to hers and began pushing her car more into the curve. Adrienne seeing what he was doing hit the brakes and pulled behind him. The Marquis smiled, though he wasn’t expecting her next move, she braked swerved beside him and took the next curve sharp forcing him over. His tires hit the dirt and he spun out. She grinned as she passed him. The Marquis swore regained control of the car and gunned it using his speed. He matched her as they crossed the finish line. The owner raced back and looked at the camera, Lady Night had won by a few seconds.
“Sorry Marquis she won.”
The Marquis Tlakan was leaning against his car and studying the stunning women before him.
“Fine pay her, that was a hell of a good race.”
He turned on his charm and ran his hands through his thick black hair. He straightened it and turned to face Lady Night.
“My honor lady has been compromised.”
“Not really Marquis you drove a hell of a race, I just know a few more tricks.”
He raised an eyebrow.
“I would love to learn say dinner tonight?”
Adrienne almost died with laughter at his pickup line but playing the innocent extened her hand.
“Dinner it is.”
Adrienne headed to her car Ororo and Logan agreeing to meet her back at the hotel. She headed up to her room, took a shower and changed into jeans. She then headed down to the lobby to meet Ororo and Logan. They were deeply immersed in a conversation Logan wearing a sloppy sidegrin. Adrienne chuckled and snuck up behind Ro.
“Hey RoRo.”
Ororo looked up and smiled at her pet nickname.
“Hi sister. Good race today, we were scared for you for all of about twenty seconds.”
Adrienne laughed.
“Yeah well, you can always win against a charming man with just a wink.”
Logan guwaffed almost spitting out his drink. He scowled at Adrienne.
“I doubt that’d work against me Darlin.”
“Not by me it wouldn’t but if it was Ro here it would.”
Logan scowled deeper.
“Naw ah.”
Adrienne raised an eyebrow her eyes dancing.
“Uh huh.”
They procededed to argue back and forth for about twenty minutes when Ororo who was holding her sides from laughter stopped them.
“OK OK you’ve both proved your points.”
Adrienne laughed and ordered a beer as the waiter came up.
“So plans for tonight?”
Logan grinned.
“I’m taking Miss Munroe here out to dinner and then maybe do some dancing. I’d also like to take her to the local carnival.”
Ro grinned at this. Adrienne chuckled at Logan’s sentimentality, truly this feral man was a romantic at heart.
“You?”
Adrienne was about to answer when a messenger walked up and handed Adrienne a box.
“Delivery for you my lady.”
“Thank you messenger.”
He bowed and walked away. Adrienne opened the box to find absolutely gorgeous white roses and a note.
“My lady, I look forward to tonight, I wanted to congratulate you on your victory, you are a truly superior driver.- Marquis Talkala Until tonight my lady.”
Ororo whistled.
“He moves fast.”
Adrienne grinned at the mans gesture.
“Well at least hes winning brownie points.”
Logan scowled again.
“Be careful kiddo my nose tells me something is up.”
Adrienne turned serious and looked at Logan.
“I will be Logan.”
Logan nodded.
“Good.”
Adrienne stood.
“I should go get ready the Marquis will be here soon.”
Both nodded. Ororo stood and embraced her tightly.
“Don’t let him charm your pants of eh?”
Adrienne laughed.
“Try not to.”
Logan surprised both of them when he grabbed Adrienne in a hug to. He looked at her there eyes meeting.
“Be careful Adrienne the most deadly snake is usually the most beautiful.”
Adrienne surprised by his philosophical thought smiled.
“always Logan always.”
He seemed satisfied and then let her go. He and Ororo watched her walk off.
“I worry.”
Ororo nodded touched by Logan’s love for Adrienne.
“I do to Logan I do to.”
He grabbed her hand intertwining her fingers with his and led her out of the restaurant.
The date and Occurences by DaughteroftheWind
Adrienne back in her room put the flowers in a vase provided by the staff and looked through her closet for something to wear. She finally decided on a emerald green sleeveless open back, mandarin collar, with a tear drop opening under the collar. It had the print of the phoenix on it.. She pulled her hair back in a ponytail, curling the ends and applied her makeup. A gentle knock came on the door and Adrienne went to answer it. She smiled when she opened it to see the Marquis. His eyes widened when he saw her, and he took her extended hand.
“You look absolutely stunning you take my breath away. You are truly beautiful my lady.”
Adrienne laughed and assessed him. He was dressed in a pair of black slacks with a white shirt a sports jacket slung over his shoulder. He was a very fit and very sexy man.
“And you Marquis look very handsome.”
He laughed and escorted her to the door. logan and Ororo sitting down in the lobby waiting for their cab watched as the couple walked by. Logan whistled.
“He’s gonna have his hands full tonight.”
“That he is.”
*I’m glad you approve of my dress sister.*
Ororo laughed as Logan glanced at her concerned. Ororo tapped the sideof her head and Logan smiled understanding.
*Be careful Adrienne, pretty soon you’ll have ever man on this side of the river after you.*
*Oh but that was the point.*
Ororo laughed and shook her head. Logan grabbed her arm and escorted her to the waiting taxi cab. They went to a nearby jazz club and together enjoyed the fingered beauty of the piano, and the rat tat tat of the snare, and the sound of the trumpet. Ororo sighed in contentment. Logan smiled.
“I didn’t know you loved jazz so much baby.”
Ororo smiled.
“That I do, dance with me.”
Together the two of them went and danced moving to the music together. Logan’s deep voice rumbled in her ear as they danced.
“I love you Ororo.”
She smiled against his head.
“And I you Logan.”
He reached down and pulled her eyes up to him, the song began to pick up and he smiled at her.
“Trust me?”
Ororo laughed.
“Of course.”
“Good.”
Logan swung her out from his body and began the steps to swing. Ororo gaped. He smiled at her.
“Trust me follow my lead.”
The two became the applaud of the restaurant as they danced Ororo following Logan;s lead. After the dance ended Logan glanced over at the band and requested a slow song giving it by name. The band complied with a smile. He drew Ororo back into his arms and the two danced close together. Logan buried his nose in her hair and inhaled deeply. They moved in a small circle around the floor. As the song came to a close Logan led her off the dance floor the whole restaurant applauding them. As they sat down Ororo looked at him.
“Little did I know you were such a good dancer.”
Logan smiled.
“Theres a lot of things you don’t know bout me darlin.”
Ororo smiled across at him.
“MM but I intend to find out.” /////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////
The Marquis smiled across the table at her.
“So lady night you kicked my butt at car racing, what else about you can I hope to discover? Are you truly as mysterious as your name suggests?”
“Some say I am.”
She swirled the wine in her wine glass and glanced at the Marquis. He smiled.
“May I have the honor of the ladies first name?”
Adrienne smile.d
“Adrienne.”
“A beautiful name. My name is Tyler.”
The two spent the evening laughing and talking, the marquis wonderfully charming and with each new second he was more enamored with the women sitting before him. Her eyes were exteremely haunting, he was captivated by them.
“So tell me lady what makes you tick?”
Adirenne laughed.
“ It’s a long story.”
“Do tell me my dear.”
“Well I love hiking and spending time talking to people, hunting is fun as well at least in my home. We do much there. In my home we have many wild horses and many nights I run alongside them, it is beautiful.They are beautiful I love racing fast cars, polotics are fun to dabble in when I can but many times I avoid them. And you?”
The marquis laughed.
“Fast cars, fencing, polotics again something I avoid.”
“What I though you were the marquis of Spain aren’t polotics your job. “
The Marquis laughed.
“Funny Adrienne funny. But come on as the princess of wakanada you hide behind fast cars an alchohol. SO I don’t think me hiding is to much.”
Adrienne laughed.
“I see you’ve found me out marquis.”
“Tyler please My lady I have no intention of exposing you as you don’t expose me, let this be a time for titles to be set aside. “
Adrienne cocked her head and looked at the man sitting across from her. His green met hers She smiled.
“I think I’d like that.”
He smiled at her, and without thinking reached across the table and brushed her cheek. Her eyes danced. They laughed and joked the evening through and as the evening waned the marquis stood.
“Come my lady it is getting late.”
He took her arm and escorted her to the hotel. When they reached the hotel the marquis found he didn’t want to separate from her. He smiled.
“Walk with me?”
Adrienne laughed the both having established a repor with one another.
“Why not.”
The Marquis led her through a beautiful gardens and talked with her. He turned and smiled at her the beautiful smell of the garden alluring both of their senses. She stopped and touched gently a rose petal. It seemed to respond to her touch almost lifting its head in the chilly night. She turned to him and smiled.
“Its cold tonight, I fear for the roses.”
Touched by her tenderness towards the flower the Marquis smiled felt his defenses dropping. He led her to a nearby bench where they sat down together.
“Remind me to take you to my rose garden sometime my mother insists on the greenhouse being a certain temperature so her roses do not die.”
Adrienne leaned back completely relaxed.
“I would like that.”
He was enamored by the beautiful grayish glint to her green eyes. She noticed him studying her and laughed.
“What?”
The Marquis smiled.
“You’re beautiful. The moonlight catches your eyes just right and it almost looks as if the clouds themselves were brushing across them.”
Adrienne stunned by his poetic words just softly smiled.
“My lady there is a ball tomorrow night at my home, would you come and brighten a dull social event?”
“Not much of a socialist are you?”
Tyler laughed.
“No afraid I hate the bloody events.”
Adrienne laughed a deep throated laugh.
“I haven’t got a thing to wear.”
Tyler smiled wider.
“I’ll take you shopping tomorrow and buy you any dress you want, it’ll be fun.”
Adrienne nodded.
“Allright.”
“Good. I will pick you up tomorrow at noon.”
He escorted her back to her suite and kissed her hand at the door.
“I bid you adeui my sweet lady.”
Adrienne smiled.
“Goodnight Marquis.”
Adrienne stepped in her room and took off her heels. She went to the bathroom and took a shower, after she got out she was surprised to hear her phone ring. She answered and heard a laugh.
“Hi sister.”
“Hi little one are you alone?”
“Oh yes.”
“Good I want my bed.”
“Not sharing a bed with Logan?”
“Charles doesn’t know about us. So he set it up for the boys to share a room and us to share a room.”
“Allright well doors open.”
“Be there ina sec.”
Adrienne hung up the phone laughing. She went to her bathroom and toweled her hair trying to get it dry and brushed it. Ororo walked calling a hello. Adrienne walked out of her enormous bathroom and smiled taking one of several beers Ororo was carrying.
“Yumm microbrews. Hi.”
“HI.”
Ororo plopped down on the oversized bed and glanced at Adrienne.
“So tell me about Mr drooley face.”
Adrienne laughed.
“He’s charming seductive and rather gentlemanly. He didn’t even try to kiss me. I’m going to a ball tomorrow night, hes taking me dress shopping tomorrow.”
Ororo whistled.
“Wow he’s not wasting any time is he?”
“no he’s not.”
“And your seducing?”
“Buying my time sister, buying my time. I have to win Mama over tomorrow night.”
“That’ll be a chore.”
Adrienne now laying on her stomach rolled and looked at her.
“You think so?”
“No sister, not for you.”
Adrienne chuckled.
“It went well for a first date. He knows who I am Ororo.”
Ororo looked at her.
“That’s no surprise, hes known for having outside sources of information, do you know the full extent of who he is?”
“Yes.”
“Good. No com eon sleeping beauty we can’t have you having bags under your eyes tomorrow for prince charming.”
Adrienne threw a pillow at Ororo.
“Your just jealous.”
“Not at all mon ami.”
She threw the pillow back and the two soon fell asleep. The two were awoken the next morning by the sound of someone knocking on the door.
“Hey sleepin beauties open up de wolverine and I re hunry.”
Adrienne rolled over and yelled back.
“Go away we aren’t hungry.”
“Mon petit chere the gambit is, don’t make a man wait for his breakfast non?”
Ororo laughed.
“Allright my brother we’ll be down in twenty minutes.”
The two got up casting annoyed glances at the door. Adrienne headed for the bathroom taking a quick shower and then turned on the TV while Ro showered. After they were both finished they headed down to the restaurant and smiled at the boys. Gambit grinned.
“Glad you ladies decided to join us.”
The four of them laughed, enjoying breakfast and each others company. Later o nthey headed out into the village exploring the town. Adrienne and Ororo shopped while Logan and Gambit talked. They rounded a corner and were surprised to find that they were in the midst of a large crowd. There was a large speaker on the stage, she and Ororo listened for a moment. Adrienne looked at the stage and a smile played across her lips as she saw the Marquis. He was in a pair of jeans and a tshirt , it took Adrienne’s breath away as she assessed him. He was about halfway through his speech and Adrienne just smiled. His eyes caught her and he smiled down at her his speech momentarily interrupted. At the end of the speech he stepped off the stage and went to her.
“You’ve found me out.”
“It seems I have Tyler.”
“Your in town early.”
“yeah we needed some time to have some fun.”
He smiled and maneuvered himself off the stage He called to a few people that he was leaving and they nodded to him. He smiled at Ororo.
“I’m Tyler.”
Ororo nodded to him.
“Ororo.”
“Ah the famed weather manipulator in Wakanda.”
Ororo smiled.
“You know a lot about us.”
“I do at that.”
Adrienne grinned at him her breath catching in her throat as he smiled. HS e felt her kneews go slightly weak but ignored it.
“SO Tyler, you’re the Marquis of Spain yet you so easily attempt to take over the government how does that work?”
Tyler smiled and put hishand in the small of her back steering her out of the crowd.
“Its not a attempt to take over the government. Simply attempting to make it better trust me dear lady. Come ladies let me take you to our dress market.”
Logan rounded the corner to see the Marquis and smiled. He walked up to Ororo and put his arm around her waist.
“I’m Logan.”
Tyler nodded.
“Tyler.”
Logan grinned.
“Nice ta meet ya bub.”
“And to you Logan.”
Tyler turned his attention to Adrienne.
“You didn’t tell me you had friends.”
“Please come to the ball tonight, ladies go look for dresses, I will pay for both, charge whatever you choose to my account. Logan and I will go get our suits. See you alter ladies.”
Ororo stood stock still and Adrienne chuckled.
“Are you sure Tyler we can be very expensive.”
He smiled as he stepped closer as his voice dropped to a whisper.
“It’s the least I can do for the princess of wakanada.”
Adrienne met his gaze smiling.
“Allright Marquis.”
He smiled.
“Go now and look beautiful for us tonight.”
The two women walked away laughing and headed to one of the nearby shops. Logan standing behind him chuckled.
“You know your credit just ran out right?”
“ON the contrary Logan it is very good, though I have no doubt that Adrienne and Ororo have excellent taste. Shall we?”
“Where we going bub?”
“I thought you might like seeing some of the male activities in my town.”
“If you mean girls and boos I’m not up for it.”
“Not at all Logan I mean bulls and cars.”
Logan grinned ferally.
“Now that I could do.”
Tyler laughed.
“Then bulls and cars we will go to.”
As the two men talked Logan asked many questions.
“So whats your deal with the girl?”
“Adrienne?”
“Yea bub.”
“Shes fascinating Logan, beautiful, strong, mysterious.”
“and your intentions?”
Tyler smiled and studied Logan.
“ I can appreciate a man who cares about her as a brother, respect him as well. Well to answer your question I am unsure normally women come easy to me, I’ve never met a women who can fascinate me, make me go weak at the knees, and across a room capture my attention with so much as a look. I just want to get to know her.”
Logan smiled.
“I can appreciate a man who cares and is honest, but if shes just a piece of ass to you Tyler you better think twice, I’ll gut you if you hurt her.”
Tyler smiled.
“You could Logan and hurt me badly. How long have you had the adamantium skeleton?”
Logan’s head shot up as he growled.
“How’d you?”
Tyler laughed and held up his hands.
“Calm down. I am a mutant as well, xray vision and eyes that shoot out optic blasts.”
“But you don’t have to wear glasses.”
“Your right. A man much like Xavier helped me learn to control it, I can actually rearrange the molecules in my eyes, my mutation is very advanced.”
Logan chuckled.
“That’s pretty amazing.”
“As is your ability my friend.”
“So when you look a the ladies do you?”
Tyler stopped him.
“No. I could but no.”
Both laughed and Tyler lead him into an arena. There were several matadors playing with a large bull.
“That’s El Rojo, hes the biggest bull in our territory, I will be fighting him next week, would you like to come train with me?”
Logan grinned.
“Love to.”
“Good lets go.”
They walked down into the arena and were greeted by several of the matadors. Tyler introduced Logan and handed him a red cloth. The matadors quickly stood to the side of the arena and Logan studied the large bull before him. His eyes glinted.
“Come on big boy come get some.”
The bull snorted and charged Logan, tyler watched him with an appraising look, Logan handled himself well. When the bull charged a second time Logan jumped his palm catching the bull on the forehead, using his momentum he flipped himself over the top of the bull. The matadors cheered.
“Where’d you find him Tyler?”
“Hes a friend of a friend. Good man.”
Sevreal minutes later Logan finished up the bull tired. Tyler smiled and as they walked out of the arena area they met the girls at a local restaurant. Logan walked up to Ororo and kissed her. She smiled into his lips.
“Your hot.”
Logan growled.
“Thanks darlin.”
Ororo sighed.
“Your incoragable.”
“Yes I am.”
“What were you doing?”
“man stuff.”
Ororo and Adrienne glanced at the two men. Adrienne walked over to Tyler.
“Man stuff eh? And what would I have to do to find out.”
She was close to him scant inches from his face. Tyler’s voice dropped in an attempt to not reach out and touch her.
“Nothing you could do would drag it from me sweet lady.”
Adrienne raised an eyebrow.
“We’ll see if that holds tonight handsome.”
Tyler took a deep calming breath as he watched her walk away. Logan and Ororo chuckled. Logan came up to him as Ororo caught up with Adrienne.
“Better watch it bub she’s fire.”
“SO I see Logan so I see.”
The Ball by DaughteroftheWind
The four of them headed back to the hotel, Logan and Tyler went to the boys room while Adrienne and Ororo headed to the suite. They giggled at each other as they each slipped into their dresses. Adrienne had picked a side shoulder evening gown that was burgundy and navy blue it was a long evening gown. Ororo was wearing a black Ralph Lauren that had a Chinese dragon pattern. Ororo looked soflty at Adrienne.
“One more touch.”
She came back with a pair of African earrings. Adrienne smiled.
“Nice.”
Ororo searched for another pair of earrings. Adriennne chuckled.
“Try these.”
They were asian with dragons.
“Perfect.”
They both did a quick job on their hair and headed down to the lobby. As they descended the stairs they smiled at the boys. Logan and Tyler both stoof their stunned for several minutes, all the men in the lobby had turned and looked at them. Adrienne’s eyes caught Tylers, Goddess he looked sexy, he was wearing a black tux with the top two buttons of his shirt open. A smile played against her lips Ororo catching it smiled as well.
*Careful sister.*
*O I plan on being naughty, Goddess I think we are the luckiest women on Earth tonight.*
She heard Ororo chuckle.
*I think I agree with you. Come on lets enjoy tonight.*
Logan caught Ororo’s hand as she reached the bottom step, he pulled her close to him.
“You take my breath away.”
Ororo smiled.
Tyler also had taken Adrienne’s hand and twirled her around gently.
“Stunning.”
That was all he said and he led her to the limo. Logan and Ororo followed. Tyler opened the door and helped Adrienne in, he got in behind her and Ororo and Logan followed.
They arrived at a large mansion several minutes later, it was expanse and lit up. Logan smiled the marquis was winning brownie points with him.
“How big is it?”
Tyler smiled.
“fifty bedrooms, three large living rooms, a huge library and three expanse kitchens, a large indoor pool, two outdoor, including the stables it turns out to be about a thousand acers of land.”
Logan whistled.
“that’s quite a bit.”
“Family inheritance its been in my family for years. Beautiful spot. Theres a lake with several cabins, that was my addition.”
Ororo noticed a look that passed over Adrienne’s face, concern passed over herown.
*Adrienne? You ok?*
*Fine Ororo.*
*your so full of shit, whats wrong?*
* Tell you later I don’t want to ruin the evening.*
*allright.*
The car stopped and the door was opened. Adrienne Ororo and Logan spent the evening in high Spanish society enjoying champagne, political conversations, dancing and a very good dinner. After dinner Tyler walked over to Adrienne. He leaned near her ear.
“Dance with me?”
Adrienne smiled.
“Of course.”
He led her out to the dance floor and pulled her close to him, Adrienne took a deep breath, he smelled amazing. He looked down at her.
“What?”
Adrienne smiled.
“Nothing, had a bit to much bubbly maybe?”
He smiled down at her.
“Remind me to buy you champagne more often your cute with ‘a little to much bubbly.’”
Adrienne smiled.
“You know if I didn’t know better I’d say you were flirting with me Tyler.”
Tyler smiled pulling her close.
“Man I must really be rusty if you have to question it.”
Adrienne laughed. As the dance ended he steered her off the dance floor and towards the table. He was surprised when his mother walked over to him. He hugged her and kissed her on her cheek.
“So Tyler my son who is this beautiful women you brought home to me?”
“Mother this is Adrienne.”
Adrienne reached out and took the hand extended her, the women before her had beautiful blue eyes and pitch blak hair, it was curled back and adorned with several decorations, naturally curly. Adrienne kissed the hand and bowed.
“My lady Marquis.”
“Stop child you are a guest in my home.”
Their eyes met again and Adrienne hid her sharp intake of breath as clouds seemed to dance over them. Adrienne felt her own eyes doing the same but stopped it. The women studied her a moment then smiled.
“I like her son, bring her and her friends around for lunch in two days. Take her riding, move their things to the mansion.”
Adrienne moved to protest but her protest was waved aside by the women standing before her.
“No arguments child. I want to get to know you better.”
Adrienne respectfully bowed.
“Yes maam.”
“Stop bowing child we both know it is I who should bow to you.”
She spoke soflty in swahili to Adrienne.
“Anoma tobela. (Crowned daughter of wakanda).”
Adrienne stood stock still as the women walked away. Tyler looked as confounded as Adrienne did at his mothers speech.
“What language was she speaking?”
Adrienne refrained from answering and went back to the table. She looked directly at Ororo.
*We might have a problem.*
*Oh?*
*our things are being moved here.*
*not that you can complain about the accomadations.*
*Ororo she spoke Swahili.*
Ororo’s eyebrows shot up.
* who is she?*
*I have no clue.*
*Rest sister I will check her out tomorrow, and way to win the mother.*
Adrienne rolled her eyes. Tyler walked up behind her and put his arm around her waist.
“Walk with me Lady? You’re the bell of the ball.”
Adrienne laughed and followed him. He took her hand a gesture that warmed her heart. He lead her wayb from the crowd and outside. Adrienne took a deep breath of the night air.
“I’m sorry about my mother she can be a bit pushy.”
Adrienne laughed.
“She was fine Tyler, its just not everyday I meet someone who speaks my native tongue.”
He looked at her.
“Which is?”
“Swahili, where is your mother from?”
“I’m afraid I cannot answer that.”
The two talked for an hour and then Tyler took all three of them back to the hotel, before he ducked back into the limo Adrienne squezzed his hand.
“Until tomorrow my lady. I’ll be by around eleven. Do you like horses? I have a surprise for you tomorrow.”
Adrienne smiled and walked to her room. As soon as the door closed behind them Adrienne took a deep steadying breath. Goddess that man had an affect on her. Ororo noticed her deep breathing and smiled.
“Men have that affect love.”
Adrienne chuckled.
“Damm men.”
Tyler got back in the car and drove back to the mansion his heart burning within his chest, he had only known her two days and he was falling in love with her. In the back of his mind a silent haunting began to emerge, reminding him of his title and his position. Reminding him that he could not fall in love with her, reminding him that he was the marquis of Spain and she was the princess of Wakanada.
Adrienne woke up the next morning and sighed. She had dreamed of Tyler she stretched calmly and threw on her running clothes and went for a run in the village. She needed to clear her head. Some of the merchants called out good mornings to her remembering her from the race. She waved back to them and ran along the ocean shore, her feet pounfing the ground and her breath coming in short gasps. She ran for about an hour and then headed back to the hotel. She saw a limo pulled up and watched Tyler step out. She cursed and attempted to turn around, he couldn’t see her like this. He did see her and called to her. She stopped and turned to face him. She almost rammed into him as she turned around. He caught her in his arms and smiled down at her.
“Hi.”
His voice deepened in an amused rumble.
“Hi to you to. I like you sweaty.”
Adrienne laughed.
“I’m going to go take a shower.”
He smiled and attempted to block her, the “danced” for a few minutes then Adrienne slipped past him and went to her room. When she reached it Ororo smiled.
“You look like someone who is upset.”
“No not really just frustrated. I am all sweaty and I saw Tyler.”
Ororo smiled.
“Nice, that must have been embarrassing.”
Adrienne laughed.
“Shouldn’t have been. I am going to go take a shower.”
Ororo laughed and finished packing both of them. Ten minutes later Adrienne emerged from the shower as the Marquis knocked on the door. Adrienne yelped and jumped back into the bathroom as Ororo called out a just a minute. Adrienne jammed on her clothes and emerged just as Ororo opened the door. He smiled.
“Ready to go ladies?”
both women nodded as Adrienne grabbed the brush, brushed her hair and thre it into her nearby bag. Adrienne felt her heart flip as he watched her. Ororo noticed the two of them just looking at each other carefully. She watched her friend and chuckled, Adrienne quickly broke the silence by stepping past him.
“Ready?”
Tyler watched her carefully and stepped out to join her.
“Of course.”
He put his arm around her waist and escorted her out the door. Adrienne felt her breath catch at his touch, it was like electricity through her shirt. Ororo was almost laughing at the two. She did a last look around the room mumbling under her breath.
“Won’t be long now.”
Logan met her outside the door and followed her down to the hummer parked in the driveway.
“Logan more man stuff tomorrow, competition tomorrow. Kidnap?”
Logan smiled understanding his meaning.
“Heck yeah.”
When they reached the mansion Tyler showed her to her room carrying her bags. He couldn’t help but notice that her hips swayed just a certain way to attract his attention, if she kept that up she’d be in big trouble. He noticed her smile over her shoulder at him. When they reached her room he dropped her bags at the room. He had chosen a beautiful room for her, it overlooked a large forest, he knew she would love it. She took a deep breath looking out, she pushed open the double doors that lead out to the expanse porch. He came up behind her.
“it’s beautiful.”
“MM it is. I thought it would remind you of the plains in which you used to run with the wild horses.”
Adrienne smiled at his response.
Matadors by DaughteroftheWind
Early the next day Adrienne and Ororo were out in the field laying in the grasss enjoying the beauty and the freedom the mansion offered. They were talking when the noticed two strange looking figures walking towards them.
“Ro what are those?”
Ororo looked off in the distance lifting her hand to block out the sun. She did a double take when she reckognized Logan and Tyler.
“I believe that’s the soon to be seduced and my man.”
Adrienne looked at her.
“What?”
she lifted her hand and started giggling, by the time the men reached them both of the women were in stitches with laughter. Tyler looked down at Adrienne.
“What?”
In-between fits of laughter Adrienne looked at him.
“You look ridiculous. What are you two doing?”
Logan growled.
“We are dressed as Matadors. Come ladies.”
Both finished their laughing and then allowed the men to help them up. The four of them headed to the bull arena in town. When they reached it Logan and Tyler went out in the arena with a large bull. Ororo and Adrienne glanced at one another.
“Oh Lord they are going to get killed.”
Adrienne laughed.
“I doubt it.”
They both watched as the two men took on the large bull. Adrienne watched as Tyler was quite a fighter. The bull rushed at him he side stepped and began the traditional Spanish matador dance. Adrienne watched him and felt her breath become short. He had that affect on her. She watched him dance and smiled. Logan was up next and he also danced well with following the ritual. He flipped over the head of the bull and waited on the other side. The bull came after him again, Logan used the matador cloak finishing his dance. Ororo smiled, he looked sexier than ever. She was thinking wicked thoughts about him when Adrienne looked at her and chuckled.
“Your broadcasting love.”
Ororo blushed.
“Yeah well.”
Tyler was back on the stage. He was wearing a sword this time. It was a red matador outfit, the sword was silver, and beautiful. Adrienne watched and listened as the chords of the death dance began. Adrienne watched as Tylers feet moved in quick ssucsesion, rolling his hips in the line of the salsa. Ororo laughed.
“I think hes trying to steal your heart babe.”
“Not to hard.”
He clapped his hands the bull running toward him Tyler swirled sidestepped and his sword took the bulls head. The crowd cheered walking out and congratulating him. The bull was taken by the villagers and they took it to a large festival. Tyler and Logan walked out to meet the girls. Ororo walked over and hugged Logan kissing him.
“You smell good/”
Logan laughed.
“I’m glad.”
Adrienne ran up to Tyler and surprised the heck out of him by kissing him. Tyler initially surprised, pulled her closer and kissed her deeper. Logan and Ororo smiled as the two got into it. It began to look like a make out session.
“Hey you two get a room.”
Tyler stepped back kissing her one last time, Adrienne’s knees going weak at his touch. He took her out to the main square Logan and Ororo following. The four of them spent the evening dacing, eating and celebrating. Adrienne was talking to a local villager when Tyler came up to her entwining his arm arounf her waist. They talked to the villager a few moments more until tyler began gently pulling her away. He led her out on the dance floor. It was a slow dance and he enjoyed it pulling her close, he tucked his nose deep in her hair and inhaled deeply. It smelled so good. He was falling in love with her. They danced slowly. Adrienne looked up at him as they danced.
“Lets go for a walk along the ocean?”
Tyler smiled.
“Of course .”
The two intertwined hands and walked along the ocean shore enjoying each others company. As they walked they talked.
“You look beautiful tonight.”
Adrienne smiled.
“Thank you. You were amazing today.”
“Adrienne I’ve really enjoyed my time with you in the past few days,Gosh has it only been that long?”
“Mm it has. Hard to believe eh?”
“It is.”
They stopped and over looked the ocean, Adrienne shivered with the night air. Tyler noticing took of his jacket and put it around her shoulders and stepped behind her. He kissed her neck nibbled her earlobe gently. Adrienne felt her heart hammer against her chest. She turned and looked at him.
“Keep that up and I’ll be in big trouble.”
Tyler continued his nibbling of her neck.
“Really?”
“really.”
Adrienne couldn’t breathe. Goddess this man. She captured his lips tasting of them hungrily. His tongue gently caressed her lower lip, Adrienne opened her mouth granting him access. Tyler tasted deeply of her longing for her. They made out for twenty minutes when Adrienne finally broke apart, she kissed him one last time.
“We need to get back.”
“ I know but you don’t want to.”
Adrienne felt his lips against hers and she kissed him again.
“Your right. But that doesn’t mean we don’t have to face reality.”
They shared in one last kiss and headed back towards the party. As they walked Adrienne pulled him back to her lips finding his once again. Tyler held her close his gentle hands finding their way around her waist. Several minutes later he pulled away.
“We gotta stop.”
“I know.”
He kissed her again, then broke away intertwining her fingers within his. He led her back to the town square keeping her close to him.
The truth by DaughteroftheWind
A week passed, Adrienne and Tyler spending much time together enjoying the beauty of where he lived. Logan and Tyler hunted and ran together, and the four of them drew much closer to each other. One day Adrienne was standing in her room looking out the window. Tyler came up behind her and entertwined his arms around her waist holding her. He whispered soflty in her ear.
Ready for my surprise?”
Adrienne turned around to him and she gazed at him intently. They were scant inches apart, Adrienne reached out and touched his cheek gently her heart hammering in her chest. Tyler took a sharp intake of breath, he reached up and held her hand there. He grasped it gently and took her hand from his face. He smiled reassuringly and led her gently outside.
“Tyler where are we going?”
He smiled.
“trust me.”
Adrienne wanted to pull him close to her and kiss him, but she resisted and followed him. He led her to the stables and they walked together.
“Pick any horse.”
Adrienne smiled impishly at him. She saw a beautiful black stallion and smiled.
“Him.”
Tyler leaning against the doorjam smiled.
“Hes a beauty, spirited but beautiful.”
Together they saddled two horses, Tyler was doing the final latch on the saddle when he felt hay go down his back. Adrienne giggled and ducked as he came after her.
“You’ll get yours just wait.”
She smiled as he got back to work on the saddle strap. Adrienne snuck up behind him and gently began pulling the rest of the hay out of his shirt, her hands pulling out the little strands. He took a deep breath and after a moment Adrienne stepped away, attempting to control her breathing. When she spoke her voice was shaking.
“Ready?”
Tyler also attempting to control his breathing, took a deep breath. He smiled.
“Come on lets go.”
He rode with her to the lake, he felt like he was chasing her the whole time, every ounce of him desiring to kiss her, he was falling in love with her. He took a deep breath to steady himself. They had reached the lake, the sky had a few clouds within it and it was warm. He smiled, dismounted and pulled the picnic lunch out of his saddlebags, he walked up behind her and intertwined his arms around her waist giving her a quick kiss on the cheek. Adrienne suppressed the urge to lean into him and the two began to eat lunch. They talked about many things laughing joking and there were several moments of awkward silence as the two looked at one another. Tyler got up and began gathering several things in order to clean up lunch. As he did he noticed a light drizzle. He groaned what a way to ruin his date. Surprisingly he looked at Adrienne and noticed the glint in her eyes. She walked over to him.
“Dance with me Tyler,”
Tyler had not the will to resist her and the two began moving in a slow circle,dancing to the pattern of the rain as it fell. He felt something within him rise up as he looked at her seeming to see through new eyes. She was beautiful to him. All self control was lost as he looked at her, he reached up the back of his fingers grazing her cheek. he stepped closer cupped her face and kissed her. Adrienne leaned into him and deepened their kiss. His tongue caressed her lower lip and Adrienne granted him access as he tasted deeply of her. She moaned and her own tongue slid into his mouth, Tyler felt his self control begin to take over as he broke away. His breathing was ragged as he spoke licking his lower lips.
“Adrienne we can’t, look who we are.”
“Tyler shut up and kiss me.”
Adrienne pulled him back to her as their lips met in another hungry kiss. Tyler felt himself longing for you as their kissing became more frantic. Tyler forced himself to slow them down deepening them ,he wanted all of her. Adrienne sensing his want felt a deep longing within herself for him.
They broke apart scant inches as she smiled at him. Tyler spoke first as he nuzzled her neck.
“I’m falling in love with you.”
adrienne’s breath caught in her throat as he spoke.
“And I you Tyler, we can’t, but I am falling in love with you. You look at me you touch me and my heart races within me.”
Tyler chuckled.
“I’ve never loved any women Adrienne you are the only one I want. I want you.”
His hands slid up her shirt caressing her ribs, and floating back to undo her bra strap, then thinking the better of it he picked her up, she wrapped her long legs around his waist and he stalked up to the cabin. He unlocked the door as she trailed kisses down his neck and shoulders, her arms around his neck. Tyler led her to a small bedroom with a log bed. When they reached it Tyler pushed her gently down on the mattress, his hands now undoing the clasps of her bra and gently peeled off her shirt. She felt him trail a line of kisses down the hollow of her neck down her stomach and she gasped as his tongue dipped into her belly button. She leaned forward her passion lidded eyes meeting his, he watched as the clouds began to dance over them. Damm he loved her, he loved the way she responded to him. She slid her hands underneath his shirt her finger brushing through his chest hair. He groaned and began undoing the button on her jeans, a moment later both had no clothes on and his lips met hers again hungrily. He broke away and looked at her.
“Are you sure this is what you want?”
Adrienne glanced up at him in confusion, then seeing that he was willing to wait she arched her hips into him giving him all the acceptance he would ever need.
“I’m sure Tyler I’m sure.”
“Then so be it.”
He whispered against her lips as he pushed himself inside her, gently. He felt the thin wall of her virginity give way as she gasped at the brief moment of pain. He looked down at her gasp.
“Are you ok?”
Adrienne kissed him in response, Tyler began to set a pace. After several minutes he looked down at her and found her green eyes almost grey. He smiled and kissed her as they moved.
“Lose control baby.”
Her eyes turned deep grey and he watched as her canines grew longer. It made him smile, he pounded hard into her and as she cried out, her green eyes going completely grey. He felt her reach her orgasm, and came himself. Together the two rode out their orgasm. Hours went by as the two made passionate love. Night came and tyler briefly got up to start a fire. He then plodded back to bed and pulled her close to him.
“I love you.”
Adrienne kissed him, biting his lower lip playfully.
“and I you Tyler.”
Their eyes met unspoken words passing between them. Tyler kissed her again possessively and his knee pushed hers apart gently. She laughed against his lips.
“Don’t you ever get enough?”
His lips brushed hers.
“No, my love. No.”
Another few hours later Adrienne rolled over facing Tyler.
“We forgot about the horses.”
He nibbled her lower lip.
“They are trained to go where food is, there is a small stable they go there, I watched them begin in that direction.”
Adrienne distracted by his touch just murmured an ok. Hours later exhausted by their lovemaking the two fell asleep in each others arms.
////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////
Ororo walked through the dark mansion, it had been a beautiful day with a little bit of natural rain and also a bit of sunshine. As she made her way through the mansion hse listened to the padding of her feet against the stone cold floor. She walked paused I nthe door of the expanse library and was surprised to find that the fire was already lit and a small man with graying hair was sitting in one of the large chairs. Ororo hid in the shadows of the door. A gentle swat to her backside and a whisper of “go in child”, startled her. Ororo stepped in and found Tyler’s mother walk in behind her. The man in the chair smiled.
“Ororo Munroe, how are you my child?”
Ororo half heartedly smiled.
“well thank you.”
“Good. Where is Adrienne I was hoping upon my return to talk to the both of you.”
“I’m afraid she and Tyler haven’t returned from their ride.”
The old man smiled.
“they probably stayed at the cabin. Sit child let me tell you a story.”
Logan walked in at that moment and glanced at the old man.
“You called?”
He smiled.
“Yes Logan sit next to Ororo, I have a story to tell you, I will retell it to Adrienne and Tyler when they return.”
Ororo was studying him carefully how did she know this man?
“Ororo do you remember me?”
Ororo sighed.
“sort of your voice sounds farmiliar.”
He laughed a deep rich laughter.
“Do you know who you are Ororo?”
“Ororo Munroe, born in Wakanda, I lived there for several years and then I was in Egypt, Louisiana and here I am.”
“No Ororo, there is so much more. Listen child. You remember my voice because it is I who used to read you childrens stories when you were younger. You and your brother and sister. “
“I think you got the wrong girl. I had no siblings.”
“I don’t have the wrong child listen Ororo. Your parents were amazing people. Your mother was a night elf, she was as beautiful as the setting sun, as beautiful as the rare roses that bloom in the winter time. Your father was a day elf, handsome rugged, tall and strong, they fell in love and had the three of you. Adrienne alone gained many of the attributes your parents had. You and T’challa looked like normal humans, all of you had very powerful mutant powers. You’ve heard the story undoubtedly from Adrienne of a assassination the night elves were accused when in fact it was the light elves. That assassination was your parents Ororo, you were about three at the time, T’Challa was one and Adrienne was just a few months old. It was done by the children of the light to cleanse the impurity of the night elf blood, little did they know what they were doing was ripping our land and sending it into war.”
“Wait, wait, wait, your telling me that Adrienne and T’challa are my brother and sister?”
“Yes, T’chaka and his wife stepped in to rule Wakanada, you alone remembered your parents. So we made the mistake of moving you in with your grandparents on your fathers side, Adrienne was put with her grandparents on your mothers side. She was the one who was the most like the night elves. She had the diplomatic skills to ensure their safety, even as young as she was. The night elves protected her still do, they’ve sworn to . They have sworn to protect all three of you. That was why the swords were made, they were made to protect you all three of you and when the time was right they would be found by the three of you and together you would reunite our land. A hunter, a weather goddess, and the goddess of the land and ancient legend put that in place. I come in in this story because I was one of your fathers closest friends and your uncles, we used to hunt together. I used to read stories to all three of you. All three of us went riding together, Adrienne and I used to go hunting together at night.”
his wife interrupted him at this point.
“Ororo I know there is much for you to take in, to realize that two of your closest friends are actually your brother and sister and that you’re the uncrowned princess of a beautiful country. That your parents loved you very much and wanted only the best for you. That your apart of both races that are tearing your country apart, that’s not an easy knowledge. Your parents had that vision, when they fell in love they wanted to have children and teach them that racial prejudice for one another is wrong, especially for the two races.”
At this point tears began to fill Ororo’s eyes. Logan tightened his arms around her and the tears began to fall down her cheeks. She turned her face into Logan and cried. She stood after a few minutes of tears streaming down her face and excused herself. She walked out onto the balcony and contacted her sister.
*Adrienne I need to talk to you. I know your probably with Tyler but babe just a few minutes.*
Adrienne in the cabin looked over at Tyler he was sound asleep She slipped soflty out of his arms and grabbed a robe. She walked out on the balcony and let the cool night air touch her skin.
*Allright whats up ro?”
*Care for a telepathic chat?*
*Why not? your distressed whats wrong? You have tears in your voice, did something happen with you and Logan?*
*Actually babe its alittle closer to home. Adrienne I found out some things and I think we should talk. *
* ok shoot.*
*Remember when you told me the story about the swords and your mom and dad and the war and all that?*
*Yeeess.*
* They were the assassination Adrienne, the parents you knew were not your own they were your aunt and uncle. Our aunt and uncle. The parents I remember are our parents babe, they were the assassination that happened that separated our country. Babe you’re the youngest of three, I’m the oldest and T’challa is the middle child. The swords were created to protect us not from the truth but to help us discover the truth, to bring our family together. Dad was a Day elf and mom was a night elf, they created the swords in order that the truth be known.*
*wait, wait, wait your telling me that you’re my sister, then why did you live elsewhere?*
*Because I still remembered Mom and dad, Mom and dad had a vision that we would not have racial prejudice against either the night or the day elves. The Night elves created the swords in order to allow us to bring our country back together.*
Adrienne chuckled and then felt a deep contentment filled her heart
* I always knew you were my sister. More seriously Ororo, how are you feeling about all of this. As for me,you’ve always been apart of my heart and my life, now I know why its so important to me.”
Ororo smiled
* I am more shocked than anything else, I think its pretty funny, we’ve always been close, in our thinking in our desires in a lot of things and I guess that should have tipped both of us off. But somehow I guess that’s always been what good friends are for. How are you feeling about mom and dad? *
*Sad Ororo, that means I never knew daddy and mom. I’d like to think apart of them lives on in me, but I am unsure. Now in my mind I can only imagine what they were like. I am glad you remember a bit of them. It is a great sense of loss in my heart.*
* I can feel that Wee one. I can share with you what I do remember. I love you and I am sure mom and dad would be very proud of you and of who you’ve become, you save lifes Adrienne, you’ve become a medical doctor. I know I’m damm proud o fyou.*
* I love you sister but you can’t be my mom.*
*Auntie took care of that. But rest in the fact that mom and dad would be proud ofyou.*
She chuckled
* I can only imagine how T’challa is going to handle this.*
*who knows but it should be funny*
They both laughed. Ororo felt her shiver.
*Go back to bed,I’m sure Tyler will warm you. we’ll talk more tomorrow.*
Adrienne laughed.
*how?*
* your forgot to close the channel love I can only imagine what Logan was scenting off me as we were talking.*
Adrienne laughed trying to stifle her loud laugh so she didn’t wake up Tyler.
*I’m happy for you sister.*
*we’ll talk more in the morning. I love you sister.*
*and I you Wee One and I you.*
The channel closed and Adrienne headed back inside. She slipped out of her robe and back into bed. She rolled over and looked at the man laying next to her her fingers memorized every line in his face. He surprised her by growling and rolled ontop of her. He kissed her deeply. When he broke away he looked down at her.
“What is it?”
“nothing Ororo and I were talking.”
“Shes here?”
“No telepathically.”
“didn’t know you had that power.”
She laughed
“There are many things you don’t know about me.”
He kissed her again.
“I intend to find every single one of them out.”
She laughead at his growly voice and was soon swept away by his kisses and love.
///////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////
Ororo closed the telepathic channel and felt Logan’s arms encircle her waist.
“You got some strange smells coming off you tonight darlin.”
Ororo smiled and turned in his arms.
“Adrienne and Tyler are having some fun and she forgot to close the channel.”
Logan raised an eyebrow.
“The Wee One and the rogue? That’s priceless.”
He nibbled on her earlobe and felt her melt in his arms. He grinned and picked her up taking her to their room. He pushed the door open with his foot set her down on the bed and closed the door. He pulled his shirt of over his head revealing his washboard stomach.
Ororo felt her stomach churn at the sight of him, goddess this man had a way of affecting her. He walked over to the bed feeling and smelling her want for him. He growled loving the way she loved him. He reached out and kissed her gently, gathering her in his arms and curling up in bed next to her. She turned to look at him. He smiled at her and brushed the hair out of her face.
“Whatcha thinking?”
“A lot and nothing at the same time. Its amazing to have a family, an amazing one at that, and its crazy to be a crowned princess of a country.”
She watched a dark shadow cover his face for a moment, and felt him withdrawing.
Ororo seeing it captured his attention but looking at his face, she pulled his eyes to hers.
“No Logan. No baby your not getting rid of me.”
“But being the first born your in line for the throne.”
“I’m giving it to my brother, I love you Logan my heart is yours.”
He smiled.
“Good.”
Her eyes darkened to a deep emerald blue, her hands moving down his exposed chest to his pants. Her fingers undid the button on his jeans and moved to stroke him gently. She brought him causing him to cum in her hand, she licked her hands lovingly and grinned wickedly at him. Logan quickly undressed her and they made love, slowly bring each other the pleasure each needed and desired. He kissed her gently, his tongue tasting deeply of her. He slid his hands up her ribs leaving a trail of kisses and small bites that were cured by a swirl of his tongue. Ororo felt her body respond as she moaned under his touch. She looked up at him her eyes lidded with passion.
“Logan take me now.”
Logan felt the animal instinct within him rise, he pushed it down closing his eyes.
“Give me a minute darling.”
“No Logan. I want all of you, I’m yours make me yours. All of yours.”
Logan growled she wanted him as much as he wanted her. He pushed himself inside her and the two of them made love, he brought her to an orgasm twice before he joined her. Exhausted they snuggled close together, Logan loved her. He kissed her cheek.
“I love you Ororo Munroe.”
“And I you Logan.”
“Don’t move a muscle.”
He moved quickly off the bed and grabbed his jeans, he pulled the small box out of the pocket and walked back over to the bed. He crawled back under the covers and turned her to face him.
“Ororo I love you I’ve loved you as long as I can remember, I love the way you laugh, the way your responsive to me, the way ou roll your hips and make me hot all over. I want to spend the rest of my life with you. Baby will you marry me?”
Ororo felt tears fill her eyes as she reached out touching his cheek, wiping away all uncertainty of her answer.
“Yes Logan I will marry you.”
A happy smile came over his face and he kissed her deeply.
“OO Logan.”
They made love throughout the night reaching for each other and eventually fell asleep in each others arms until the morning light.
Just a precaution by DaughteroftheWind
Adrienne awoke the next day and smiled relishing in the strong arm around her waist. She rolled over and kissed the man laying next to her. He groaned but she felt his arm tighten around her. Adrienne smiled realizing that he was playing with her, she cocked an eyebrow and smiled seductively. Her fingers slowly began to make circles in his chest, she bent closer and kissed him, her tongue sweeping his. He inadvertently moaned and pulled her closer deepening their kiss. They broke apart when breath became necessary and he looked softly at her. He brushed a stray hair out of her face, memorizing every feature, every line, every speck of gray in her green eyes. He planted feather kissed on her eyes and whispered into them.
“I love you.”
Adrienne stared into his eyes and spoke softly in Swahili. She caressed his face, telling him she loved him, telling him how priceless he was to her. He just smiled and knew not exactly the words she was saying, but understood her meaning with every touch, every caress, every kiss so well planted. She ended her talking with a kiss, passionate and deep. It was a kiss he could get lost in. He pulled her closer their entire bodies touching. It was mind numbing for the both of them. The two of them lay their talking when Adrienne heard Ororo’s voice echo through her mind. She jumped.
*Adrienne sister where are you?*
*Do I really even need to answer that? Whats up?*
*charles needs all three of us home.*
*Why?*
*I don’t know, he just asked us.*
Adrienne groaned, and Tyler grimaced k nowing what that meant.
*on my way.*
After the conversation ended tyler watched her eyes flicker, he watched the grey come and knew her emotions were taking over.
“What’s going on baby?”
“I gotta go Tyler, its Charles.”
He looked at her softly.
“I understand but I don’t think I could lose you.”
She smiled.
“I don’t think you’ll ever lose me.”
he kissed her again and looked at her.
“Stay, I have something for you.”
He got up and pulled on his jeans and Adrienne heard him pad down the hallway of the cabin. She stayed in bed a moment later, she reached over and pulled his pillow near her, it smelled like him, smelled like them. She took a deep breath and let it linger in her senses. Then she got up and started getting dressed. Tyler had snuck quietly in the doorway and watched her dress. When she was done he walked over kissing her soflty, deeply. She pulled away after a moment and smiled at him. Her finger traced his jaw lovingly.
“Keep that up and I won’t be going anywhere.”
A seductive smile came over his lips, his washboard stomach traced gently by her fingers.
“Really?”
He pulled her tighter to his chest, her fingers stopping their distracting tracing, instead she put them on his back and hugged him squeezing him tightly. She listened to his heart beating and heard his voice rumble through his chest. He lifted her face and eyes to his with a gentle finger.
“Let me go with you, I can help.”
Adrienne took a deep breath longing for him. She sighed and quickly told him about Gabriel.
“Well your not dating him officially I don’t see a problem.”
Adrienne sighed and she looked up at him.
“Baby its only been a week and I’ve fallen in love with you don’t leave me now.”
Adrienne sighed.
“Allright, but consider yourself forwarned its not going to be a walk in the park.”
He grinned and the two quickly got dressed. They headed out to the barn and the horses were unsaddled and resting.
“HOW?”
Tyler laughed.
“ One of the servants I don’t know.”
Together they quickly saddled the horses and headed down the hill. When they pulled into the barn they headed to the mansion. They walked in separately and Adrienne headed to her room. When she opened the door she was not surprised to find Ororo in her room.
“You were out late last night.”
Adrienne smiled.
“MM We got caught in the storm yesterday.”
Ororo raised an amused eyebrow.
“Stuck.”
“Oh shut up.”
“So how was it?”
Adrienne gave her a look that she was lame for even asking that question.
“So you went for a horseback ride with the boy, got caught in the rain and…?”
Adrienne glanced at her.
“Details?”
Ororo grinned.
“Of Course.”
“well he came and got me from my room and took me over to the stables.”
Ororo interrupted.
“Where you proceeded to flirt shamelessly.”
Adrienne smiled.
“It was a two way street let me tell you. Anyways we went for a ride after we set out and rode up to the lake. He brought a wonderful picnic lunch we talked for a couple hours and he picked up the mess from the picnic and it started to rain. We started kissing and he stopped us by reminding us of who we are. I told him to shut up and kiss me and one thing led to another.”
“And how does miss Adrienne feel?”
Adrienne paused what she was doing and stopped to look at Ororo.
“ I love him Ororo.”
“And Gabriel?”
“A kiss, a make out session just one of those things.”
Ororo smiled, she understood well.
“So you’ve fallen in love with the Marquis of Spain, hell of a way to do it babe. Trying to charm the charmer eh?”
Adrienne looked at her and sighed.
“I fell in love with the charmer yes.”
Ororo chuckled.
“ I approve Adrienne He’s amazing, truly the man for you. You two fit.”
Adrienne playfully walked over and smiled at Ororo.
“I’m glad you’re my sister and I am glad you approve.”
A slightly troubled look passed over ororo’s features.
“Can we have coffee tonight? I think we should talk about this more.”
Adrienne sensing her tourble nodded.
“Of course.”
Ororo smiled at her.
“I have something else to tell you.”
“Oh?”
“Logan proposed last night Adrienne.”
Adrienne smiled.
“Really?”
She chuckled.
“I knew that.”
“What how?
“Who do you think he got permission from?”
Ororo looked at her.
“What?!”
“He asked me a few days ago, we had a long talk about it.”
“I was wondering where the hell you two had gone off to.”
“Well that’s where.”
Ororo chuckled.
“And I assume you gave him permission.”
“Yes I did.”
“Well then it seems I’m well taken care of.”
“Always my sister always.”
They hugged each other tightly. A knock came at the door interrupting them. Tyler poked his head in, he walked over to Adrienne and shamelessly kissed her. Adrienne felt her knees go weak. His fingers traced her jaw momentarily and his eyes met hers in a captivating glance, he looked at Ororo.
“Hey there lady.”
“Hi sir. Whats up?”
“just collecting Adrienne, Logan says we are ready to go.”
Ororo smiled.
“Allright then lets go.”
The three headed out to the blackbird where they met Logan. He smiled.
“Ready to head out?”
“Yeah. For sure.”
The jet took off including Adrienne’s car.
“Ro tell me more about what Tyler’s dad told you who is he?”
Ro turned the plane on autopilot and glanced at her.
“He used to read us stories.”
Adrienne snapped her fingers,
“I was wondering where I had seen Laisha before.”
“Moms name is Lauren.”
Adrienne nodded.
“I know but her elven name is Laisha I met her once when I was very young, she was the most beautiful of the night elves, a hell of a hunter, she took me out twice, in diplomatic affairs she simply made a statement and it stood. She was one of the best, amazing beautiful rugged. Your father, Tyler, met her there, I remember him as well, the white Spaniard who used to read us stories, stories of Spanish things, of your dance, of your culture, I learned to salsa when I was five, we loved it. Your mother was an ice queen wooing her was no easy task. Ororo do you remember?”
“O how could I forget? Your father Joshua asked Adrienne and I to help woe the lady, so we did. He bought flowers from us and we would deliver them, he took great care to hide his true identity from her, just signed it the Night watcher. He used to sit outside the village gates and keep watch over the village. Laisha and he were good friend but Joshua was afraid to lose that, he had fallen in love with her. The one night she caught him at his own game. She also employed Adrienne and I. She had us deliver many things, always signing it the Night wanderer. Eventually they realized who the other was and married.”
Both smiled at the memory.
“Laisha protected me for many years we were close, she taught me much about being a warrior, about being a women,. I cannot believe I didn’t remember her. Someday I hope to have a conversation with her. I wonder why she said nothing.”
Tyler smiled.
“Shes my mother.”
Adrienne turned and looked at him,.
“It also means your part night elf Tyler. How do you feel about that.”
He smiled.
“Looks like I need to go spend some time in Africa.”
All of them laughed. Ororo turned to Adrienne. She spoke soflty in elven, it was meant to be for Adrienne’s ears only.
“anywei Toshi acaya T’challa. (We need to tell T’challa.)”
“Aiya wo Toshi Acaya T’challa. ( I know we need to tell T’challa.).Ororo Neya hoya toshia acaya menshia (We also need to talk about the boys and our relationships, with them).”
“Aiya wo acaya. (I know we need to talk about that).”
Logan looked at both of them.
“Care to translate?”
“No brother we don’t. girl conversation.”
Logan growled.
“I don’t like that.”
Adrienne met his gaze.
“I know brother, trust us both please.”
“Logan it was nothing bad. Trust me love.”
Her eyes met his and she kissed him gently and lovingly. He growled and pulled her closer, deeply kissing her. Tyler and Adrienne chuckled. After they broke apart Adrienne rolled her eyes.
“We’re quite the foursome. The kids are going to be running away screaming something about cooties.”
Tyler laughed.
“Well since we are on the topic of Africa I have something for the both of you.”
Adrienne raised an eyebrow.
“OH?”
“Yes my mother gave it to me said you would know the meaning and use of it.”
Adrienne glanced at Ororo. Tyler pulled out the Spanish sword.
“Its so old I am unsure of its usefulness.”
“It is the sword we hoped to gain Tyler.”
“Why is it important?”
The two girls took the time to rexplain the story and Tyler nodded.
“I thought this was a legend.”
“It is but it is also truth. Our bloodline holds the key to unlock these swords.”
“And the last?”
Logan spoke up.
“Its in the Louvre.”
Adrienne and Ororo glanced at him.
“What?”
Logan from somewhere in his memory pulled the description.
“A sword found on the ancient plain of Africa pulled from the hand of a chief tribal, its markings are not complete incoherent and make no sense.”
Ororo looked on in shock.
“How did you? Wha…?!”
Logan shrugged.
“I dunno darlin’ pullin it from the back of my mind.”
Adrienne stood from where she had been leaning on the controls.
“Lets call Charles and see what he needed and maybe we can get to France and work on gaining it.”
“How are you planning on doing that love?”
“Diplomatically first and if that doesn’t work…”
Ororo grinned.
“Are we sure we want to corrupt the boy’s view of us? Maybe we should do this on our own..”
Adrienne nodded.
“We could drop them off first.”
Logan scowled.
“No we’re going.”
Adrienne looked at Ro a grin spreading across her features.
“Well there’s benefits to having them with us.”
Ororo smiled knowing her sisters meaning. Adrienne reached behind her and pushed the button to contact the mansion.
Charles answered.
“I’m glad your on your way home, whos the third person with you?”
“I am the Marquis of Spain, call me Tyler.
“Tyler its nice to meet you. I can use your expertise.”
Adrienne spoke up.
“Charles, we have a lead on the last sword. We’d like to turn around and go attain it.”
“I need Logan. I have a mission that requires his expertise. Tyler I’d like you to accompany him, you have expertise in this area, as well as a reputation.”
A disappointed look came over Tyler’s face.
“Can you fill us in Xavier?”
“I will when you get here, ladies you will need to switch planes.”
“Understood Xavier we’ll be there in an hour.”
“Understood Xavier out.”
Logan turned to the other three people a deep scowl on his face. Ororo studied him.
“Logan?”
“Nothing darling just a bit worried about this “mission” chuck has. Why would he want my expertise? Tyler whats your expertise?”
Tyler shrugged as Adrienne snuggled closer.
“ I’m a fast driver, a swordman, you already know my powers.”
“Any military training?”
Tyler nodded.
“Yes I was an experiment of the government for several years.”
Adrienne hearing pain in his voice put her han don his leg in a sense of comfort. He looked down at her his eyes communicating all she needed to know.
“I’ll tell you that story someday love.”
Ororo looked at Adrienne.
*Lake Ellis, Xavier knows something.*
Adrienne’s eyes flashed in anger.
*Why would charles send them there?*
*There is a congressional retreat there, Senator Kelly is going to be there, his life has been threatened a lot. He’s letting us go because he wants Logan and Tyler to be undisctracted.*
*Plus Logan may regain part of his memory. Charles has been digging for that info for awhile. We talked about it when he was in Wakanda several years back.*
Tyler felt Adrienne stiffen beside him. He glanced at her and both noticed Adrienne and Ororo were both a bit angry.
“Adrienne?”
“Nothing.”
Logan sneered.
“Not nothing what’s going on?”
Ororo sighed.
“Adrienne and I know what your mission is.”
“OH? Care to explain darlin’?”
“ There is a lake Adrienne and I were there on a mission several years ago when she came to the states for the first time. We found a mutant facility,it was basically the sight for the beginnings of a mutant holocaust, it has been redone since that time, and is now owned by a rich mutant Lord who wants all humans dead. Senator Kelly and par tof his cabinet are going there, your being sent to be bodyguards.”
Logan sneered and took a deep breath as the memories came flooding back. He remembered Lake Ellis. He growled. Ororo looked at him gently her hand reaching out to touch his cheek.
“Logan what is it?”
“I remember a lot about Lake Ellis, I was the weapon they wanted to use to complete that holocaust.”
Tyler broke in at this point.
“I’ve also been to Lake Ellis, it was where my powers were enhanced, when I was young I wanted them to be stronger so I could beat the krap out of anyone in my path, I wanted to be a assassin. I was young Naïve. I ran away from home and a doctor there used drugs to enhance my power. I was also going to be used as a weapon.”
He looked at Adrienne fearing the worst. She simply cuddled closer to him stealing a quick kiss, it seemed to be a promise to finish the conversation later. An hour later they flew into the mansion and the four of them disembarked. Charles smiled when he saw them.
“Welcome home my xmen and Tyler.”
“Thank you charles.”
“Rest my xmen. I will fill Tyler and Logan in in the morning. Ladies you may leave then.”
“Adrienne find a room for Tyler. We moved your things into the room down the hall form the attic.”
“Of course Charles.”
Tyler walked into the jet and grabbed his bag. He was surprised when he came out to find Adrienne talking to another guy. He walked over set his bags down and stepped up behind Adrienne putting his hands on her shoulders. Adrienne leaned into his touch.
“Hi I’m Tyler.”
The man smiled.
“I’m Gabriel. How do you two know each other?”
“We’re engaged.”
Adrienne’s heart thrummed in her chest as Tyler gave her a tight squeeze on the shoulders attempting to keep her silent. Adrienne did and at gabriel’s strange glance she smiled.
“It is good to see you Gabriel, we need to get some sleep.”
Tyler lifted hisbag and together the two of them walked to Adrienne’s room. After the door closed she turned and looked at him. She raised a questioning flirtaceous eyebrow at him.
“Engaged?”
He stepped close to her.
“MMM just a precaution.”
Adrienne chuckled as Tyler’s lips met hers in a searing kiss.
Goodbyes by DaughteroftheWind
Ororo awoke early the next morning, she sighed contently as she felt Logan's arm's around her waist. She loved being here. She moved slightly closer to him and buried her nose near his throat inhaling deeply. Goddess he smelled good. HE always smelled of cigar smoke and leather, but this morning he had a particularly earthly smell to him that called to the deepest parts of Ororo. She sighed and closed her eyes. She loved him, she loved his gruffness, she loved his playfullness, she loved that he was as sexy as hell. Her modern day superman only better. SHe reached up and gently tamed some of his wild hairs with her hand enjoying the soft feel of his hair against her hand. She smiled to herself remembering the first time she had ever met him. HE had been extremely gruff, sexy as hell and had a way about him that would make any women swoon. He was usually aggressive when it came to protecting things he loved, something that Ororo loved about him. SHe had come to love his gruffness. She sighed and then slipped gently out of his arms. He growled when she moved and pulled her closer refusing to let her go. She chuckled.

"Logan I need to get up."
He opened one eye.

"Nope. Not ready to get up yet."

Ororo laughed and kissed him gently.

"Come on we got to go."
"DO we have to?"
"Yes love we do."

Logan sighed and released her. Together they began preparing for thier days, talking and teasing one another. Ororo looked at Logan appreciatively as she watched him get ready. She could get used to this. He finished pulling on his jeans and pulled his black shirt over his head. He topped it off with his black cowboy hat. Both were packed and ready and heading out the door when Logan grabbed her. He pulled her back in his arms and kissed her passionatly, a muttered wait against her lips his only excuse. Ororo returned his kiss feeling herself melt in his arms. When he released her she touched her lips to his once more and smiled up at him.

"I love you ororo Munroe."
Ororo felt her heart rate speed up in her chest and she smiled.

"I love you to Logan, come back to me in one piece."
"I iwll you to women."

They wlaked to the jet together and smiled to see Adrienne and Tyler sitting near the jet talking. WHen they saw Ororo and Logan Tyler stood and grabbed his duffell. He kissed Adrienne gently whispering a goodbye and then followed Logan to the jet. Ororo hugged Adrienne and the two boarded the jet. They took thier seats and soon took off.



As soon as they were airborne Ororo hit autopilot and Adrienne stood. SHe pulled out the map of the louvre she had and she and Ororo began pouring over the maps.

"Technically we can get in through the side entrance. Or drop in through the roof. The Louvre has a pyramidish shape. The roof would most likely be the easiest. We are going to need to figure out what floor its on so we can plan accordingly. It's going to be tough. How are you with laser beams?"
"Not to good, you with infared?"

"Not bad, we'll do some obstacle course training in order to finish this training. We might need a cajun friend, I have alot of contacts. We'll see what we can do."
This story archived at http://https://rolorealm.com/viewstory.php?sid=2045