Good Things That Last by Spaceroses
Summary: Time is a river and while some of us want to sneak peeks around the bend and some of us want to fight the flow the wisest of us instead find someone to share the journey with.
Categories: Serials Characters: None
Genres: Romance
Warnings: None
Challenges:
Series: None
Chapters: 2 Completed: No Word count: 1168 Read: 2931 Published: 04-05-07 Updated: 05-01-07

1. Love by Spaceroses

2. Heaven by Spaceroses

Love by Spaceroses
Pairing: Ororo/Logan
Timeline: Post X3
Theme: Love
Summery: Sometimes a small gesture of love can speak louder then a large one.

Love is Many a Strange Thing

It was late at night and the lamp that sat on the head master’s desk was still lit, the only light on in the whole mansion. Ororo studied it for a moment, running her fingers over the base. It was an old lamp; it had been sitting on Xavier’s desk when she had first gotten to the school. Now it was still here but Xaiver wasn’t. Now, technically, it could be called her lamp just as all of the new students called this room her office. Still she felt like a tenant, only borrowing the space until its rightful owner came back for it.

After a moment she turned her attention to the papers in front of her, blinking her eyes and trying to will them to focus on the sloppily hand written answers on the tests. She wished kids could write neater, it wasn’t like they didn’t know how too. They were just going too fast.

She glanced at the name on the test and sighed, recognizing the source of the bad handwriting. It was Jubilee’s paper which explained everything right there.

She closed her eyes for a moment and without warning she felt something warm press against her hands. Opening her eyes back up, unaware that she had dozed off for a few minutes, she stared in confusion at the cup of tea that had somehow appeared before looking for the test. It was lying next to her hands, having been pushed aside to make room for the tea.

She glanced towards the open door of her office and smiled slightly, guessing the identity of her visitor. Picking up the cup she turned off the light and moved out of her office, shutting the door behind her.

Moving onto the back porch she took a sip and smiled slightly before moving up to stand beside Logan who was staring out at the yard, a cigar held in his hand as if it had been temporarily forgotten.

“You know ‘Ro…you should be in bed by now, not still up grading papers.” He said, acknowledging her presence without turning to look at her.

Ororo smiled, “You should be in bed too….not up making cups of tea for school teachers.” She held up the mug and took another sip.

Logan shrugged and seeming to remember his cigar he placed it back in his mouth. Her smile softened slightly and she leaned slightly closer, “Thanks for the tea Logan…it’s much appreciated.”

Maybe it wasn’t a huge gesture of love, the kind that fairy tales and soap operas seemed so fond of, but it was a gesture none the less. And Ororo thought it was a sweet one too.
Heaven by Spaceroses
Disclaimer: I own Marvel….not really! Wish I did, because if then Ororo and Logan would finally get together but I don’t own anything so I’ll just have to write fan fiction instead. That being said; don’t sue me for copyright infringement.

Author’s Note: Next installment….very sweet and sappy. I’m going off the X-3 novel when I say Ororo has brown eyes that fade into blue and then into white when she calls up her powers. Read and Review if you want but no Flaming….it’s not a good idea to burn sugar anyways.

Pairing: RoLo

Timeline: About four years after the events of X3

Theme: Heaven

Genre: Romance/General

Heaven is a Place on Earth

The soft pattering of rain may have been the first thing that woke Logan that morning. It wouldn’t have been unusual for something as small as that to be the thing that would disturb him. At least it was a pleasant sound.

Rolling over he lay still for another few minutes, listening. He could hear his wife moving around in the room that they shared, humming to herself almost silently as she watered the plants she kept in the various windowsills and nearly any other flat space in the room.

Cracking one eye open he recognized the source of the sound and smiled slightly; Ororo always had had her own unique way of watering plants.

The weather controlling mutant held her hand above a potted rose, a small rain cloud hanging beneath her hand. Her eyes had faded from their usual brown to an almost blue-ish white.

He didn’t make any effort to move, content to observe her for a few more minutes before she realized he was awake.

She’d grown her hair out again, and had lost the black streaks she had added in after Jean’s death, and it was now nearly below her shoulders. He liked it better that way, he thought, long like it had been when he’d first met her.

She hadn’t gotten dressed in her normal clothes yet, the suits and heels that befit her image as Head Master of Xavier’s Institute for Gifted Children still hung in the closet or had been kicked off late the night before and were still sitting under the bed. Instead she had on a bathrobe with the collar of her pajamas sticking up over the edge of it and her feet were bare as they only were in the privacy of their two rooms above the carriage house.

As she worked over her plants Logan watched as her free hand sometimes drifted down towards her stomach and the slight lump that was there, assuring him once again they where going to be parents in only a few months time.

Letting his eye close again he almost reluctantly cast his mind back over the years of his life before he’d come to this school. During all those years alone in Alberta he’d come to the conclusion that no woman on the whole planet was crazy enough to marry him. But then ‘Ro wasn’t any regular woman and even though she denied it Logan believed that she did deserve her title of Goddess.

Finally he spoke, identifying the song she had been humming, “Isn’t that one ‘Barges’ Darlin’?”

Ororo glanced towards him, her eyes clearing and the rain cloud disappearing, “Good morning Logan.” She wasn’t too surprised by his sudden interjection. She turned away from her plants, a smile forming on her lips, “Isn’t there a single song I know that you don’t?” she asked, her tone teasing.

Logan smiled to himself again, already thinking of an answer to his wife’s question. He hadn’t been sure of it before but now he was, this life he was living now was what he had always, somewhere deep at the back of his mind, wanted. Heaven on earth, that was the only phase to describe it, that much he knew for sure.
This story archived at http://https://rolorealm.com/viewstory.php?sid=2420