Pairing: Ororo/Logan
Timeline: Post X3
Theme: Love
Summery: Sometimes a small gesture of love can speak louder then a large one.

Love is Many a Strange Thing

It was late at night and the lamp that sat on the head master’s desk was still lit, the only light on in the whole mansion. Ororo studied it for a moment, running her fingers over the base. It was an old lamp; it had been sitting on Xavier’s desk when she had first gotten to the school. Now it was still here but Xaiver wasn’t. Now, technically, it could be called her lamp just as all of the new students called this room her office. Still she felt like a tenant, only borrowing the space until its rightful owner came back for it.

After a moment she turned her attention to the papers in front of her, blinking her eyes and trying to will them to focus on the sloppily hand written answers on the tests. She wished kids could write neater, it wasn’t like they didn’t know how too. They were just going too fast.

She glanced at the name on the test and sighed, recognizing the source of the bad handwriting. It was Jubilee’s paper which explained everything right there.

She closed her eyes for a moment and without warning she felt something warm press against her hands. Opening her eyes back up, unaware that she had dozed off for a few minutes, she stared in confusion at the cup of tea that had somehow appeared before looking for the test. It was lying next to her hands, having been pushed aside to make room for the tea.

She glanced towards the open door of her office and smiled slightly, guessing the identity of her visitor. Picking up the cup she turned off the light and moved out of her office, shutting the door behind her.

Moving onto the back porch she took a sip and smiled slightly before moving up to stand beside Logan who was staring out at the yard, a cigar held in his hand as if it had been temporarily forgotten.

“You know ‘Ro…you should be in bed by now, not still up grading papers.” He said, acknowledging her presence without turning to look at her.

Ororo smiled, “You should be in bed too….not up making cups of tea for school teachers.” She held up the mug and took another sip.

Logan shrugged and seeming to remember his cigar he placed it back in his mouth. Her smile softened slightly and she leaned slightly closer, “Thanks for the tea Logan…it’s much appreciated.”

Maybe it wasn’t a huge gesture of love, the kind that fairy tales and soap operas seemed so fond of, but it was a gesture none the less. And Ororo thought it was a sweet one too.





You must login () to review.