Scavengers by DaughteroftheWind
Summary: A first chapter to a long story!
Categories: Crossovers Characters: None
Genres: Action
Warnings: None
Challenges:
Series: None
Chapters: 10 Completed: No Word count: 13477 Read: 10556 Published: 07-05-07 Updated: 09-14-09

1. Stone head by DaughteroftheWind

2. Cross my heart.. by DaughteroftheWind

3. A Job by DaughteroftheWind

4. Camping by DaughteroftheWind

5. Traps by DaughteroftheWind

6. Dreams by DaughteroftheWind

7. Devices by DaughteroftheWind

8. U.SS Voyager by DaughteroftheWind

9. Them's fightin words by DaughteroftheWind

10. You asked what I was thinking by DaughteroftheWind

Stone head by DaughteroftheWind
Adrienne reached out and touched the cold stone, the dark shadows playing across her facial features. Her fingers run down the gentle curvature dipping in where the vision comes out. They follow the curve down and over, cupping underneath the jaw line.

The black leather groans as she takes a step forward.

Her left hand rests against the deadly steel against her hips as her right fingers play with the end of a knife. Her sharp green eyes take in every feature of the stone as her long brown hair sways with the movement of her head.

“I don’t know RO. Unless we get it just right we’ll screw it all up.”

Ro standing off to the left chuckled. Cracking her knuckles she steps forward.

“What did you say this was gonna cost me?”

Adrienne across the room snorts and moves in ready to help protect Ororo at any cost.

“Only your ass kid, only your ass.”

Ororo grinned a natural smile to her lips.

“Ready smart alec?”

“Ready.”

Ororo lifted the stone as Adrienne immediately put up an air shield around them. They heard a click and then several large reptiles began to fall through the ceiling. Ororo swore.

“Snakes always snakes.”

Marie and Kitty came rushing into the room and both women hated snakes.

“Get out you two get out!”

Adrienne growled still holding the shield up.

“Does this look easy to you?”

Marie bit back a laugh and stomped on a snake that hissed at her.

“More are comin sugar, better do something.”

Adrienne sneered.

“You could help you know.”

“Ah hate snakes sugs yor on yor own.”

Ororo looked back at her younger sister who was desperately trying to hold a shield in place her eyes whited with concentration.

“RO walk forward we’ll keep the shield around us.”

“That’s not gonna work.”

“The on three I drop it and you throw the head to Marie. Then we run hoping my katana takes them out. Dammit women.”

Ororo laughed and as soon as Adrienne dropped the shield the head was flying across the room to Marie. Marie caught it and
watched as the two mighty warriors sprinted across the room their swords stopping the deadly fangs of many snakes. When they reached safe ground Adrienne bent over trying to catch her breath.

“This is the last time I let you convince me to do this Ororo, its bad, dangerous.”

“But normal in Cairo, come on live a little.”
Cross my heart.. by DaughteroftheWind
The four women made it out of the cave and headed over to the jeep. Adrienne started the motor and after three hours of driving the they reached their hotel. The hotel was in the outskirts of Cairo on a secluded beach. A private hotel only for dignitaries; Adrienne and Ororo having diplomat status were able to get the rooms and visited rather often. As they walked in attendant behind the counter smiled.
“Succesful day ladies?”
Adrienne grinned and Marie swooned at him.
“wouldn’t you like to know! Keys Renaldo.”
Ororo laughed as Renaldo in succession order threw the keys to their sweet. Adrienne caught them and continued to the walk to their ocean side room.
“AH want me a chunk of that man.”
Adrienne, Ororo and kitty burst out laughing.

“I’m sure he wouldn’t give yah to much resitant ‘sug’.” Adrienne replied.
“stop making fun of mah accent. Ah can’t help it.”
“I’ll remember that next time you have snakes falling on Your head.”
Ororo smiled “Allright you two, stop bickering. Meet back in a half hour ready to dance.”
Kitty and Marie walked into their room preparing to shower. Ororo headed to the room she shared with Adrienne as Adrienne locked up the days treasure in the safe. A half an hour later the four women were dressed and ready to go. The sounds of the ocean claimed their ears and the faint wisp of music teased them closer to the dance floor spread out on the sand. They sat down at their table and the waiter came up.
Marie pipped up first
“Margerita as large as they come and a hamburger rare please..”
He turned to Kitty who ordered a long island iced tea with the lamb chops, Ororo ordered a pina colada with a vegetarian wrap, and Adrienne ordered a mojito with prime rib. After dinner Adrienne stood.
“Ready to dance?”
Ororo shook her head.
“Go ahead ladies.”
The three ladies moved out on the dance floor, Marie and Kitty checking out every guy they passed and Adrienne just laughed.
“You two are how old and still boy crazy?”
Kitty giggled.
“Try man crazy girl.”
The three girls began to dance, Kitty known for her fancy foot work, Marie for her flirtaceous dancing and Adrienne for her choreography type movement. Adrienne closed her eyes listening to the music moving her body to the popish music. Her hips swayed as she laughed at the moves of the other two. Marie was doing the sprinkler, Kitty ding a fast salsa, which Adrienne copied. A tall strong man walked up beside Kitty and offered Adrienne a smile.
“May I cut in.”
Kitty’s eyes went large behind his back as she fanned him being drop dead gorgeous. Adrienne sent her a death glare but smiled. Kitty was soon picked up by another handsome man with blond hair and blue eyes. Out of the corner of her eyes she saw Ororo dancing with an incredibly handsome man and Marie was scooped up by another. She chuckled and her partner smiled. His face was accented like it was carved out of stone and wood, the light catching it and making shadows. His body also looked like it was carved out of stone, every muscle accented. He was cute. For all his bulk and muscle he was surprisingly easy on his feet, easily navigating her across the floor, keeping step to the salsa being played. Adrienne appreciated his intensity as he led her across the floor, before either knew it the song was coming to an end and the only dancers on the floor were the four couples and friends. Each of the men was adept at navigating his partner across the floor. As the notes finished each finished the salsa with his own flourish and much to each couples surprise the crowd began cheering. Her partner let her go wit ha smile, both were slightly out of breath.
“My name is James Jonathan Proudstar.”
Adrienne chuckled.
“That’s a mouthful, Adrienne Jones.”
“It’s nice to meet you. I know this is a bit unorthadox but the gentlemen that have your lady friends and I were wondering if we could join you.”
Adrienne chuckled.
“So you picked me out as the ringleader of our pack eh?”
She glanced over at her friends and seeing smiles and no one completely uncomfortable smiled in agreement.
“By all means James Jonathan Proudstar you may join us.”
James smiled.
“Just call me Jonathan.”
“Jonathan it is then.”
He offered her an arm and escorted her to the table where introductions were quickly made. Jonathan smiled introducing his pack.
“Adrienne this is Roberto, Gabriel, and James.”
Adrienne smiled.
“With Roberto is Kitty, Gabriel is with Marie, and James or Logan is with Ororo.”
Logan nodded.
“Logan is more fun.” Ororo chuckled.
They all crammed into the small space and drinks were ordered around the table. They were soon laughing and carrying on long conversations.
“So what brings you ladies to Cairo?” Logan asked.
Ororo immediate spoke, though all the girls knew the cover.
“We are on vacation actually.”
“And what do you do in the real world?” Roberto asked.
“We offer a contracting service actually, all of us with separate issues. I am a Imuno biologist, Ororo is an archeologist, Marie is high up in the marketing and auctioning business and Kitty is a Lawyer” Adrienne answered.
“Wow that’s quite unique set of skills you have. We are here on business, we are consultants as well. Except we do security things. I am an ex marine, Logan is an ex navy seal, Gabriel is x special forces, and Roberto worked for the Secret service.”
“Wouldn’t want to get on your badside.” Kitty replied in quip and laughter filled the table.

Several hours and drinks later the Adrienne glanced at her watch and groaned. It was around in the morning and the eightsome had spent the better part of the night talking, tomorrow was an early day for them.

“well I need sleep, I don’t know about the seven of you, we have an early morning tomorrow.”
Jonathan next to her tightened his grip and smiled playfully.
“You’re on vacation, what could you possibly need to do?”
“Actually we have a hike planned for early tomorrow.”
“sounds fun. I wish we could join you.”
Adrienne smiled.
“Do you normally eat here?”
“Actually yes, we are staying about a mile that direction. We could be back tomorrow night. Why don’t we have dinner tomorrow night, more formally this time.”
All the girls grinned.
“Sounds fun.” Ororo responded. They all stood and Jonathan requested the check.
“I got it.”
Adrienne protested.
“No that’s not fair, our food is on that bill.”
“Chivalry is not dead my lady, I’ve got it.”
Adrienne growled.
“No, you can get it tomorrow.”
Jonathan’s eyes sparked playfully.
“Try me.”
Adrienne stepped closer and grabbed for the check, Jonathan being faster eluded her moving the check above his head. She was enjoying the play but was resisting using her powers. Gently a wind began to fill the air and Jonathan noticed the shift in her eyes. They had changed from green to a smoky green. Ororo feeling her sisters temptation quickly put an end to the play, telepathically catching her sister.
“Adrienne…”
Adrienne stood down her eyes daring him to keep playing the game.
“Fine.”
Jonathan smiled a victorious smile.
“Thank you.”
Adrienne pouted and he almost gave in to her pout. She was even cuter when she pouted and his smile spread across his face as he reached out and plucked her pouty lip with one finger.
“Tweet tweet.”
Adrienne growled and launched herself at him as the cashier quickly took the check. Jonathan underestimated her strength and found himself flat on the floor. He laughed knowing her could easily dislodge her but yelled out.
“OK ok I’m sorry. Uncle! Uncle!”
Adrienne laughed and got off him, offering him a hand up.
“That’s what I thought. Until tomorrow night then James Jonathan Proudstar.”
He smiled.
“Until tomorrow night Adrienne Jones and I call for a rematch.”
All eight of them laughed and went their separate ways.
A Job by DaughteroftheWind
Early the next morning Adrienne awoke to the sun touching her face with it’s fresh rays; drawing her out of bed, into the daylight.

She crawled out of bed and changed into her running clothes, She grabbed her IPOD and turned on some Enrique. Her left leg reached for one side of the room as her right reached for the other. Enrique’s song “Push” pounded in her ears and she smiled remembering Jonathan the night before. They had been more sophisticated than grinding, but salsa was just as passionate.

She closed her eyes as her stretch deepened, and his muscular body and his hands on her hips flashed through her mind. She chastised herself;'gods she barely knew the man and she was attracted to him.' She pulled out of her stretch and softly opened the sliding glass door and started jogging.

In her mind she began rehearsing the day’s work to be done. Today they were going out to the desert, searching through an old unknown pyramid, the plans had been sent from their client three days ago. Today was the day. Adrienne wasn’t to fond of their employer but in their line of work, you took what was necessary. They first had to meet their client, another fact that Adrienne wasn’t to keen on.

The ocean surf reached her feet as she ran her body fighting the wind blowing against her, cooling her and making her sweat at the same time. It’s fingers whipped at her ponytail caressing and pulling out. Adrienne closed her eyes and listened to the rhythm of her heart. An hour later she ran into their hotel room; her roommates were awake, Kitty and Marie drinking coffee with Ororo looking over the plans for the day. Adrienne smiled and nodded to the coffee pot.

“Save some of that for me.”

She took a shower and then joined the other three women. Ororo spoke first.

“This job isn’t going to be easy, the tomb has never been cracked. Adrienne we have no idea what we are going to be up against.”

“I thought we were going to be doing a pyramid.” Kitty said.

“We are Kitty, the ancient Egyptians usually buried their dead in pyramids. Same same.”

“Ohh ok.”

Adrienne shook her head and laughed.

“I’m glad you are the business manager.”

“Hey I am a damm good business manager, and on top of that I can handle a mean gun. I hate doing jobs for other people.”

“We all do Kit-Kat, but this one’s after one thing, we get it and get to keep the rest. An unbroken tomb should yield some good profit.”

“That’s true Asheia.”

Adrienne grinned.

“You love using my African name don’t you?”

Kitty grinned saucily.

“ Yes, and wouldn’t Mr. Drop Dead love to know that name.”

Adrienne growled.

“Hey, all of you were treating the other three just as I was treating mr tall dark and handsome.”

Ororo chuckled.

“Children….”

All three rolled their eyes.

“Yes mommy.”

Ororo stuck out her tongue.

“ON a more serious note I think I have seen Logan and Jonathan somewhere. I mean I am a woman and I wouldn’t forget a body like Logan’s.”

Adrienne scrunched her nose.

“Where?”

“I don’t know, but I mean to find out.”

Adrienne nodded.

“They are handsome as hell, but ladies remember who we are, our cover, and we do need to be careful.” They all nodded in agreement. “Come on load up, we are going to be late.”

The four women sprang into action, they all wore various styles and colors of clothing. Ororo preferred all white, Adrienne all black, Kitty preferred baby blue, and Marie preferred all red. Each member of the team carried six guns, with a clip shoulder holder that carried ten extended clips of their gun of choice. They each carried a sword or knife of choice.

Adrienne shoved her Katanas into her knee high boot, Ororo shoved her staff in the bag, the ends containing Adamantium blades, Kitty carried two sets of butterfly knives and Marie put her twin hooks in her bag. They headed to the Jeep and their meeting.

The meeting took place in a deserted club on the outskirts of Cairo. The four women walked in; the bartender smiled.

“Your meeting is on the fourth floor, there is an elevator to your left.”

Adrienne nodded.

“Thank you.”

The four women had masks over their faces to protect their identity. When they got into the elevator, Adrienne began to feel uneasy.

“Kit-Kat who is this guy?”

“It’s a women actually, She runs the underground in Cairo. Sounded nice enough on the phone.”

“Well do me a favor, don’t take an assignment based on someone’s voice.”

“Adrienne.. everything’s fine.”

“For the moment.”

The elevator doors opened and the four women saw a long corridor in front of them, the darkness only tainted by the occasional light. They were met by two large armed men.

“This way please.” One of them gruffly said.

They were led down the corridor and into a large room. A women turned and greeted them with a smile.

“Welcome. It’s nice to meet my new scavengers." Her eyes met thier's briefly." My name is Marie Antoinette. Here is the item I want. Everything else is yours. This is the tomb of Artaxerxes, it has never been opened. Yes it is the Persian lord, why he is buried in an Egyptian tomb I will never know." The paperwork was handed to Adrienne who opened and began skimming it. " A short history lesson, the Persians often added toxic gases in the chambers of the dead as well as many traps. Be careful. If I find out you double crossed me I will kill you without a second thought. Your pay is three million each. I need the artifact by next Tuesday. Here is a half a mil for each of you, you’ll get the other half when you bring me the item. You will be missing your dinner appointment tonight so I set up a note to excuse you." At the small sound fo protest from Kitty Marie Antionette smiled. " Don’t be so surprised, I had to check you out before you worked for me. Now go.”

The four women were escorted out of the room, back through the long corridor and out the door. They got in the Jeep and Adrienne began driving towards their destination.

“What do we know of Artaxerxes?” Kitty asked

“Well he was the ruler of Persia, his predecessor was Xerxes, he defeated Euromydum and was at war with Athens. He was brutal he weakened Athens by funding the greeks. Biblically he was portrayed as the man who put Ezra, the jewish scribe, in charge of the Jewish nation and the rebuilding of the temple of Solomon. All of which was begun before by Cyrus the Great. Pharoah died the same year Artexerxes did. It has been suggested that they were one in the same. The treasures of the temple of Solomon were restored to the jews by Cyrus.”

Adrienne interrupted Ororo.

“What did the client ask for?”

“A box, inscribed with gold, we’ll know it when we see it. That’s all she asked for.”

“Is is the ark of the covenant Ro?”

“No, it a wooden box inscribed with gold. I would guess it holds the seals of the Persian dynasty up to Artexerxes.”
Camping by DaughteroftheWind
After traveling for ten hours Adrienne glanced down at the clock, at this point the desert all looked the same to her. She rubbed her eyes and looked at the clock. It was eleven o clock, her friends were passed out in their seats. She sighed and brought the jeep to a halt.

The desert nights were customarily colder than the warmth of the days, and each of them had donned a jacket and gloves. Her breath came out in a white cloud as the moon illuminated the darkness.

Adrienne’s eyes searched the desert for any warning signs. She heard the high pitched laughter of a jackal off in the distance as a pack of them were shown by the moons touch. She closed her eyes and listened to the sound of the earth beneath her; her fingers thrumming with the power brought on by the sand around her.

The wind tossled her hair as she waited. When her eyes opened green eyes pierced the night as her night vision kicked in. She heard the thrum of the lizards under rocks, the jackals miles away, she heard their heartbeats and her teeth grew longer. She felt the rush of the spring about a hundred yards below her feet and smiled.

Adrienne walked back to the jeep and grabbed the lantern out of the back and turned it on, then began to set up their tents, after starting a crackling fire, Ororo awoke and joined her carrying sleeping bags and a cooler.

“Where are we?”

“About three hundred miles out. According to the map we have another hundred to go, it’s going to be an early morning. There’s a spring about a hundred yards down if we run out of water. I assume we brought enough food?”

Ororo nodded smiling at her sister’s powers.

“I love how you can read the earth.”

“I just manipulate the organic sister, an understanding of the earths cry and song is a result of that.”

“So basically you’re being modest love, you can
manipulate things at a subatomic level.”

Kitty and Marie broke into their conversation and piled into the tent and fell asleep. Adrienne made a small meal for her and Ororo and waited for Ororo to head to bed.

“you’re going to keep vigilance tonight aren’t you?”

“Yes. Someone has to do it.”

“You drove all day let me.”

“I’ll stay awake for two hours then you can take over.”

“agreed.”

Adrienne smiled as she watched her sister’s beautiful form walk into the tent. She walked to the jeep and grabbed the book they had been given and started reading it. It was in ancient Egyptian, and another language that Adrienne didn’t understand. After an hour she understood and had finished the book, it was Persian mythology.

A wisp of wind began to disturb the fire’s constant crackling and as she looked up she saw a shadow of a man off in the distance. Adrienne got up , setting the book aside and ran in the direction of the shadow. The shadow alerted by her presence seemed to disappear, it’s hissing wind like voice whispering for her to stay away. Adrienne pulled her gun and walked back to camp. Ororo, awake at this point noticed her sisters distress.

“What?”

“Nothing, just tired. Keep watch.”


The shadow watched from a distance, the fire was crackling and the ancient words were being spoken. He had been assigned to watch, to guard, to save his people. He crouched on the dune. He could feel her heartbeat, could feel the breath coming in and out of her lungs. She was the one, she was the chosen. He felt the other’s closeness to. There was such a difference in men and women. They had met, and that alarmed him, but he knew al things would be well. All would be well. The girl sensed him, and the knife began to protrude itself from it’s sheath on his hand. He hissed her to leave him; it wasn’t time. Not yet.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Early the next morning the girls arrived at the sight. Before them was the desert, the wind blowing the sand across their faces. Adrienne sighed and walked about a hundred yards from the jeep. There was nothing out here. Marie called to her.

“Look Sug, heres the map.It looks like the entrance is about 200 yards in that direction.”

“well let’s get started. Load up.”

Adrienne grabbed her six guns and put them in each of their holsters, her katana was shoved into it’s holster at her side and the other knives were stowed on her person. Each of the girls grabbed their weapons, shouldered their pack and walked into the desert. Two hundred yards later Adrienne spotted a rock.

She studied the rocks surface, seeing a hole and sucking in her
breath, she stuck her hand into the crack and pulled a lever, the sand fell away to reveal an entrance bearing the seal of the pharaoh. Adrienne drew her gun and entered the tomb carefully. Ororo’s eyes flitted to the large wide open space.

They started out on the base level, looking up. The tomb itself was completely buried underground, and was built in a square circular fashion. You could only go to the next level after you had passed through the traps on the floor below.

Adrienne looked up to find that there were about ten stories of the tomb around them. They stood in the center, off to her right was a small entrance to the second level. Adrienne groaned. Ororo called out.

“Adrienne come here.” Adrienne walked over to where she stood bending over an ancient book. “The language is a mix between ancient Egyptian and Persian writing. It tells a story.”

“The book Marie Antoinette gave us has similar writing, it isn’t Persian, it’s another language.”

Ororo raised an eyebrow.

“it is?”

“Yes, I am unsure as to what it is yet. We’ll find out in time. Let’s move.”

Ororo raised an eyebrow at her sister’s intensity. There was something bothering Adrienne and it left Ororo concerned.

Adrienne moved toward the door drawing her gun, Ororo followed.
Traps by DaughteroftheWind
Early the next morning the girls arrived at the sight. Before them was the desert, the wind blowing the sand across their faces. Adrienne sighed and walked about a hundred yards from the jeep. There was nothing out here. Marie called to her.

“Look Sug, heres the map.It looks like the entrance is about 200 yards in that direction.”

“well let’s get started. Load up.”

Adrienne grabbed her six guns and put them in each of their holsters, her katana was shoved into it’s holster at her side and the other knives were stowed on her person. Each of the girls grabbed their weapons, shouldered their pack and walked into the desert. Two hundred yards later Adrienne spotted a rock. She studied the rocks surface, seeing a hole and sucking in her breath, she stuck her hand into the crack and pulled a lever, the sand fell away to reveal an entrance bearing the seal of the pharaoh.

Adrienne drew her gun and entered the tomb carefully. Ororo’s eyes flitted to the large wide open space. They started out on the base level, looking up. The tomb itself was completely buried underground, and was built in a square circular fashion. You could only go to the next level after you had passed through the traps on the floor below. Adrienne looked up to find that there were about ten stories of the tomb around them.

They stood in the center, off to her right was a small entrance to the second level. They stood ina room in the center and were surrounded by various objects. There were two entrances to every side of the tomb. On the floor was inlaid a man and a women, going separate ways. Adrienne groaned. Ororo called out.

“Adrienne come here.” Adrienne walked over to where she stood bending over an ancient book. “The language is a mix between ancient Egyptian and Persian writing. It tells a story.”

“The book Marie Antoinette gave us has similar writing, it isn’t
Persian, it’s another language.”
Ororo raised an eyebrow.

“it is?”

“Yes, I am unsure as to what it is yet. We’ll find out in time. Let’s move.”

Ororo raised an eyebrow at her sister’s intensity. There was something bothering Adrienne and it left Ororo concerned. Adrienne moved toward the door drawing her gun, Ororo followed.

They reached the first level and Adrienne pulled out her copy of the book.

“According to what I read last night there was a man named Jeroush. He was the assistant to the king of Persia, before Daniel became apart of the kingdom. He was ancient Egyptian and loved to play the darbuka. The book continues to tell the story of how his talents became widely known, and that when he played he would put his audience under a spell and they would become almost incoherent. The king would use him to entertain his guests, and use him same skill to destroy nations.”

Adrienne walked up to the outskirts of the trap and she noticed a small inscription.

“There is an inscription that says, only those that can play like jeroush can pass. Anyone play or even have a darbuka?”

Ororo walked to the center of the pyramid and came back with a beautiful drum.

“I’m assuming this is our instrument. Who wants to play first?”

Marie shook her head.

“Ah’m not musically or rhythmically inclined”

Kitty shook her head as well.

“Don’t look at me.”

“adrienne?”

“Sure why the hell not. Ro remember that old African lullaby?”

“Yeah.”

“Sing it.”

Adrienne put up an air shield then as Ororo began to sing, Adrienne’s hands began to beat the skin on top of the drum, accenting the notes Ororo was singing. The song was haunting as it spread throughout the pyramid bringing images to the listeners mind of tall African grasses yellowed by the sun, swaying in the wind. The roar of a lion as it echoed it’s dominace and dominion over the land on which it’s golden paws stood, The black skin of the African king who ruled his lands.

The trap released itself and several arrows came flying in their direction hitting the shield and bouncing off. As Adrienne continued to play the trap began to fold in on itself, mechanisms in the floor screeching and whining as it folded in on itself.

After five minutes of playing and singing the mechanisms stopped whining and where the trap had once been now was tiled floors and gold inlaid walls. Adrienne pushed the shield forward and raised an eyebrow. Slinging the drum against her back she took a cautious step forward. The trap had been completely disarmed.
IN the middle was a pressure point, Adrienne raised an eyebrow but left it alone.

“There is a pressure point, don’t touch it, it probably rearms the trap. Marie before you cross go into the next room and gather all that’s there except the book.”

Adrienne began to study the gold walls. Ororo studied the one across from her.

“Adrienne what do you make of this?”

Adrienne avoiding the pressure point moved next to her. Down at the bottom of the inscription was a women, laid in gold. Adrienne moved back to her side and saw a man at the bottom.

“These walls contain More of the legend. Transcribe it, it may serve itself useful. The man and women are consistent with the
ones on the floor in the room we entered by.”

Adrienne translated and Ororo transcribed the story as she read it off. Marie came back five minutes later her bag full.

“Sug these are strange objects. Ah got em all even the nasty pieces of an animal.”

“Good we never know what we’ll need. I’ve never seen such a unique arrangement before. These traps seem to be based off a certain set of legends.”

“and you never will again.” A male voice echoed through the corridor, Adrienne drew her gun and turned quickly.

Jonathan Proudstar stood in the doorway, his massive muscular frame easily filling it.

“Hey put the gun down you also won’t get through this without us. As you noticed there is a man and a women side of this tomb. I am assuming you have the man’s side of the legend, and it seems you’ve disarmed the first trap. Well done. I have the women’s side of the legend, your side, which will take your specific skills as women. Marie anntoinete chose well this time, though I wish we had not met beforehand.”

Adrienne narrowed her eyes as the other three men stepped in behind him.

“explain now.”

“We heard that Marie Anntoinete had the other half of the book. We found ours in a tomb in Mesopotamia and have been searching for this treasure ever since. We think that she didn’t know there was another half of the book. We were hoping to ask you to join us in cracking this case. You were recommended to us through my father, whom you once worked for Adrienne. The golden head? Your first job? My father was the buyer.”

Adrienne nodded.

“I remember. A nice man.”

Jonathan nodded.

“Please, don’t freak out. Don’t be mad at us, just help us we want a common thing here.”

Ororo stepped forward.

“How do we know you won’t betray us?”

Logan nodded.

“It’s time we told you who we really are. Everything we’ve told you before is actually true, however, we are also archeologists, we’ve been looking to prove the existence of this tomb and this person for 4 years. When we were serving in Iraq more specifically in various professions, we met and became friends. Jonathan here told us about the book and we all became obsessed. You found it first, which means the find goes to you and all credit but we need you and your skills as tomb raiders to help us get through this.”

Ororo nodded.

“Now it all makes sense you’re the James Howlett that published the paper on Mesopatamian gender issues. Dammit I should have recognized it. What do you need from us?”

“All we need is a few artifacts and pictures, the rest is yours.”
Adrienne nodded.

“Done. Though I promise one wrong move and you’ll be joining our dead king.”

Jonathan nodded.

“fair enough. How can we help?”

“What’s your knowledge of these legends?”

Between the four men they explained the legend and Adrienne translated and read through their book. Jonathan transcribed for her a goofy smile on his face. He had only heard of tomb raiders never met one, and in his mind this one was damm sexy.

Adrienne noticed his scrutiny and smiled.

“Proudstar pay attention.I’m translating and you’re falling behind, stop looking at my ass.” Jonathan laughed a deep throaty laugh.

“Yes maam.”
Dreams by DaughteroftheWind
The shadow smiled when he saw them together, it was a perfect pairing for his master, a dangerous, but perfect pairing, now if only things didn’t go wrong.

He watched as they went from level to level breaking the codes, and releasing the traps. It took them several days, every day they would spend 10-12 hours working on breaking the code, logging and cataloging all the items they were finding, connecting the history and just enjoying each other, and every night they would put out their sleeping bags, start a small contained fire and drink beer. Laughing, talking . The Shadow could feel their attraction grow for one another and that worried him. A lot.

Each team offered a specialty that the shadow had not been anticipating. He smiled to himself as he watched and waited. He held in his hand the device to turn them over and then they to would add to the skeletons lining his master’s wall, and the African princesses would be used to produce his masters children.

He reminded himself how exquisite they were, his eyes roving every curve, he knew every spec in their eyes, if he was lucky he would get to breed with one of them. He smiled at this thought, he wanted the younger one, his master could have the windrider, he wanted the younger one. He became aroused as he thought of her tied to the bed and he pumping into her hard, pounding in to her, coming in and out of her center, he imagined his stomach clenching with sweet release.

Could he do it?

Could he betray his Windrider?

He smacked himself mentally, she had betrayed him. She had betrayed him. They were three levels from the top, soon, soon he would take sweet possession of the younger and take her brutally for himself.

It had been twelve hours and all eight of them had tried to release the trap to the second to last floor, thus far none of them were any closer to releasing it. Adrienne shrugged rubbing her eyes. Ororo smiled her team and the men were exhausted.

“Why don’t we spread out our sleeping bags and get some sleep?”

Adrienne nodded in agreement.

“That sounds good, I could use sleep. Boys sleep over there, girls over here.”

Sleeping bags were being pushed out and made ready for sleep. Logan reached into his pack and smiled.

“Beer anyone?” Adrienne laughed her green eyes twinkling.

“That’s awesome. You brought enough beer for several nights Logan."

“Yeah a strong back, allows things like this to happen. I have enough for everyone.”

They sat and talked over their beers.

Jonathan sitting next to Logan smiled as he watched Adrienne’s mouth move, she was sharing a few of their tomb raiding stories.

He watched as all four women were laughing. He was only hearing half the words, he was enamored with her green eyes and the life they held, he wondered what she was really like. He knew most women tended to hide their true selves and he sensed her guard. She was a mystery and he wanted to get to know her. She was more beautiful than he had ever guessed or ever thought, he had heard her name a thousand times before. After all he and his crew had been handpicked to bring them down. They were smart, independent and f’ing beautiful. None of the men had expected it to be this way.

He chided himself, ‘come on proudstar, shes a women, your used to womanizing. Don’t get attatched, just work, it’s just work, nothing personal.”

Ororo watched Logan as he laughed with the other girls as they told their story. His eyes crinkled at the edges when he laughed, and his hazel silver eyes seemed to bounce up and down with mirth. His full lips would reach out and take a swig of his beer until he would laugh so hard it would spew out his mouth as he laughed. Ororo enjoyed watching him.

Her scrutiny wasn’t unnoticed by Logan who was suttly watching her as well. He reminded himself to chide Proudstar for taking this assignment, he hardly knew her. Time would come. Time would come.

Ororo watched a shadow pass over Logan’s features and she wondered. He caught her eyes on him and smiled, the cloud quickly passing.

Soon they put out the small fire and then all eight crawled into their sleeping bags, tired after a long day of work. Darkness enfolded them.

As Adrienne lay in her sleeping bag her sense were going wild, something didn’t feel right, she had felt watched all day. Maybe it was just Proudstar. She was a little more than disconcerted with their presence. She shook off her feeling and then closed her eyes, falling into a deep sleep.

The shadow watched from above, finally she was asleep. He jumped silently form his ledge and walked over to her, his penis hardened as he reached out and touched her cheek. She was so much like his Windrider, but had dark hair, green eyes, fiery as all hell. He wanted her, wanted to dominate her.

He felt pain begin to infiltrate his senses as his master whispered to his mind. 'Leave she is mine'.

The shadow slowly disappeared from view, obeying his masters orders.


Adrienne found herself in the midst of an ancient mesopatamian castle, Ororo was standing next to her.. This was not uncommon, the girls sharing a telepathic link often shared dreams and shared private thoughts. Both were dressed in traditional Persian attire.

Adrienne stirred in her sleep, she had never experienced a dream where they could interact this much. Ororo also slightly stirred.

“Ro? What is this?”

Ororo turned to her and smiled.

“I don’t know. A dream?”

Adrienne laughed. “Duh, well in my dream I want Proudstar in nothing but a egyptian skirt thing.”

Ororo rolled her eyes. Two figures approached them from a distance. They were servants.

“My ladies, the people and your husbands requires your presence.”

Both women spoke at the same time.

“Our husbands?”

The slave who had adressed them first spoke again.

“Yes My lady, Lord Xerxes and Arexerxes are waiting for you. You wed them several years ago, very much in love.”

Adrienne raised an eyebrow.

“tell me Eunich, why do both men rule the land and not just one?”

“ They do not rule the land my ladies, you do. Do you not know this? Xerxes and Artexerxes are brothers my lady, and you are the stunning jewels in their crowns, but you rule this land. Whatever you wish it is my duty to fufill.”

Adrienne glanced at Ro, concern filling her eyes.

“lead on Eunich, I want to see my husband.”

“As you wish my lady.”

The two men were sparring in an arena. Adrienne leaned to the servant.

“Which one is mine?”

“Xerxes my lady, the one with the hair tied back.” Xerxes smiled when he saw his bride approaching, he was a tall man with cerrelleun blue eyes and long brown hair, his crown graced his head and every muscle in his body was fit.. Scars form battle occasionally graced his features.

He took Adrienne’s breath away. He was incredibly handsome, his hair was pulled back and sweat rippled down over his muscles. Gracing them as they fell to the floor. He was clean shaven. He smiled, taking the last of the breath remaining in her lungs away. He walked over to her took her gently into his arms.

“Hello my love, How I missed thee.”

His mouth met hers as he kissed her passionately, his tongue invading her mouth, Adrienne surprised lay limp in his arms freaking out to Ororo.

Ororo winced at the telepathic freakout and and reverted her eyes to her ‘husband’. Artaxerxes was just as handsome with more angular features, almost black eyes and dimples that deepened when he smiled. He was less publicaly passionate than his younger brother. He pulled Ororo into his arms and hugged her, kissing her cheek.

“Hello wife.”

Ororo smiled trying to act normally. Artaxerxes met her confused look.

Hurt filled his features as he touched her face gently.

“You do not know me.”

Ororo smiled.

“ I do not my lord.”

Artexerxes snorted releasing her.

“ You should not call me lord, it is I who should bow to you. We have not much time.”

He reverted his gaze to Ashai. Xerxes pushed her out to arms length.

“Ashai do you know me?”

Adrienne shook her head

“ I do not.”

Pain crossed his features quickly and he released her walking a short distance from her. He then turned to his brother rage and pain tearing his face.

“It wasn’t supposed to be like this Artexerces. It wasn’t supposed to be like this! They should know us.”

Artaxerxes slowly shook his head.

“I know Xerxces I know. Come we must explain.”

Xerxes agreed and extended his arm. The men lead them into a private but large dining hall.

“It was about four thousand years ago. You lost your parents about ten years previously, your brother who had been ruling died in battle and you two were left. You ruled the land with a fair and truthful hands unlike out people had ever seen. Xerxes and I were ruling different lands." He paused letting the two women take in what he was saying.

"I was the king of Moab and Xerxes of a small area given by our father. We had pledged our lands to help you win the war against the Trojans, they were marching.” Artaxerxes noticed the flash of anger that sparked in both women’s eyes. “you could have done fine, but the people demanded you marry because it was war and women did not understand war." he inclined his head toward Ororo.

" Ororo you were pledged to marry Dariam, the king of Assyria, a horrible man, one who would murder and pillage, rape and destroy all in his path. Xerxes and I both offered our help in being your war counsel, both of you came to those councils. The decision had been made to go after the Trojans in many of the same ways they had come after you. Xerxes fell in love with Adrienne and began pursuing her heart, Ororo you agreed for the war ability and alliance it would give. I on the other hand kept my distance. You were pledged to Dariam, a man I could not afford to cross." his voice began to shake as his hands tightened and his jaw clenched in anger.

"Before you were wed he came to your palace and raped you, he raped you, brutally bruising you. You chose to say nothing, but Adrienne wouldn’t stand for it. She told the war counsel, he was cut from the alliance and I personally took his head on the battlefield. Out of a sense of honor I asked you to be my wife. I fell in love with you a year later. I never wanted to force you to consummate our relationship. One night about two years later you came ot my room and told me of your love. My heart almost burst I had loved you for a year and all I wanted was you.” Artaxerces overtaken by emotion took a deep breath. Xerces took over.

“What we didn’t know was that Dariam practiced dark magic. He came back. He began haunting our memories and our marriages. People in our kingdom would die for no reason. Our children began dying, leaving us no heirs. Eventually Dariam came to us and said he would kill you both of you unless we gave him the kingdom. We figured it would be an actual attack and with all the allies we had we could defeat him." Xerxes stood at this point pacing as anger passed over his features.

" It wasn’t a actual fight, you both mysteriously started getting sick. We talked to our magi and asked them what they could do. They put you in a deep stasis and then said you would come back to us eventually. Here we find you. Dariam put us into a waking nightmare, we live here never to die, without you two. He left us traces of you but never you, once the magi put you into stasis he could not touch you, so he came after us. We became like tortured men living out our lives waiting always waiting for this day. Now that it is here we fear, we fear what will happen.”

His hand reached out and touched Adrienne’s cheek, emotion, love, passion filled his eyes for her.

“But for this chance my love, I would trade the world, to be able to touch you, to love you, to know you are all right is more than I could ever ask for. You are my saving grace. I love you. Please don’t leave me again.”

Adrienne smiled. Slowly memories came back and she began to remember. Tears began to fill her eyes as she became the women she was before. She reached out and touched her husbands face, kissing him gently.

“come walk with me love.”

Ororo and Artaxerces walked them walk away and Ororo smiled.
Artaxerces looked at her gently.

“You’re unsure my wife.”

Ororo nodded

“Is that a statement of fact Artaxerxes?”

He nodded

“Indeed my wife.”

“I am unsure. I remember but I am skeptical.”

Artaxerces reached out touching her face gently.

“I know you do not believe in casual sex, but let me remind you, show you that I am yours.”

Ororo smiled, she didn’t resist when he pulled her into his arms. He kissed her gently whispering gently that she could stop him at any time. Ororo returned his kiss finding it intoxicating, it felt right, He broke their kiss and took her gently to their quarters. There he proceeded to undress her gently, lovingly, giving her the most pleasure she had ever had. As he led her to the bed and lay ontop of her spreading feather kisses along her body Ororo felt her body react to the man whom she had once loved. She felt complete and whole when he was inside of her. He made her cum several times as he pumped in and out of her and then he felt his own body convulse as he came inside her.

“ Oh Ro my love, my love my love my love.”

He cradled her in his arms as they lay in the after math of their lovemaking.

Ororo awoke with a start. It was early in the morning. She looked over at her sister, who smiled.

“That was a hell of a dream.”

Ororo chuckled.

“Adrienne we just had a dream where we had sex with two men who were our husbands and we ruled Persia.”
Devices by DaughteroftheWind
Adrienne waited until Ororo fell softly back asleep then got up and strapped on her guns. She gently walked over and picked up Marie's bag. As she began going through each object the memories flooded back into her system, she recognized each item.

Her fingers deftly sought out the hidden prize. Xerxes had left these for her to help her remember. Each item contained a small electronic device. Adrienne quickly activated the hidden qualities in each, though neither seemed to really activate as she remembered. Her hands reentered the sequences on the buttons and she waited.

The shadow waited and watched, if she remembered the sequence correctly she would be his. His finally after all these years... His, As long as the other didn't interfere. He kept an eye on the man they now called Proudstar.

Jonathan's ears picked up the sound of a series of small chirps and gently frusterated sighs. HE stirred gently in his sleeping bag and rolled over to see Adrienne a small distance away going through Marie's bag, she pulled out several of the objects and when his eyes fell on it he heard his spirit stir. His instincts began to go into overdrive.

Did she have any clue as to what she was doing?

The shadow waited two more in the correct sequence and she would be his. His forever. he tensed as he saw the man they called Proudstar roll over in his sleeping bag.

Jonathan immediately stood pulling on his shirt as quickly as possible as he heard the tumblers in the device click.

“Adrienne wait!”

As he approached the shadow launched himself out of the rafters only to find Ororo and Logan awake and meeting him halfway.

Jonathan quickly joined Adrienne meaning to take the devices away when a flash of white light appeared and the four of them disappeared.

The shadow roared in anger and frusteration, waking up the remaining four team members. Gabriel and Roberto instantly released their powers as Marie and Kitty awoke trying to figure out what was going on. The shadow jumped from rafter to rafter and disappeared into the wall, his roar the only thing being left behind. Gabriel and Roberto and the two girls looked at one another.

Roberto spoke first.

“Where did they go?”

Marie shivered, the tomb seemed cold. Gabriel came up behind her and put his arms around her.

“It’s still early yet, let’s get back to sleep and we will figure this out in the morning.”

Jonathan instinctively tried to grab Adrienne as they were first blinded and then plummeted through a tube that felt much faster than 5 g force. He felt himself grow drowsy but used his power to avoid it.

Another flash of light appeared and they stood amongst a strange crowd of people that yelped in surprise and drew weapons. Adrienne allowed her eyes to clear and her guns were in her hands before she could think.

“Captain they have guns. Red alert.”

Adrienne’s ears picked up the sound of what she assumed was guns begin removed from their holsters and rolled as a strange beam of light seemed to chase her. Ororo, Logan and Proudstar seemed to be having the same issues. Adrienne immediately rolled behind a strange metal pillar and put an air shield around everyone. The beams of light seemed to bounce off and hit the ceiling and other areas of the area surrounding them. One hit a man dressed in yellow and black. A women dressed in a red and black uniform stepped out from behind the console Adrienne assumed it was the captain.

“Cease fire. Stand down your weapons. “

Adrienne looked around at everyone. Ororo was unharmed her eyes whited over and lightening crackling in her fingertips, Logan’s claws were withdrawn and he gave Adrienne an irritated look. Jonathan held a flaming sword and was crouched ready to pounce. He looked at Adrienne and nodded a thank you. The women walked toward them Adrienne raising her guard and pushing her back. With a short burst of wind.

The women nodded raising her hands and recognizing the power in the four beings standing before her.

“My name is Captain Katherine Janeway of the federation starship Voyager. We mean you no harm, but it is no everyday someone appears on our bridge.”
U.SS Voyager by DaughteroftheWind
“My name is Captain Katherine Janeway of the federation starship Voyager. We mean you no harm, but it is no everyday someone appears on our bridge.”

Adrienne raised an eyebrow.

“Where are we?”

Janeway raised her eyebrows at this.

“You are on the bridge of the starship USS Voyager in the year 2372.”

Ororo raised an eyebrow in alarm and looked at Adrienne.

“Adrienne we are three hundred and seventy two years in the future.”

“Captain, it seems we are very far into the future. Did you bring us here?”

Janeway shook her head.

“Unfortunatly I do not have that kind of technology. Please lower your force field, we have no intention of harming you.”

Adrienne closed her eyes as her teeth shortened and her eyes returned to their normal green and allowed the force field to be lowered. Logan sheathed his claws, Proudstar put the flame out on his sword and sheathed it and Ororo allowed her eyes to return to their normal coloring. Adrienne stepped forward.

“My name is Adrienne Munroe, this is my sister Ororo, James
Jonathan Proudstar and Logan Howlett.”

“It is nice to meet you. This is my first officer Chakotay, my science officer Tuvok, and my helmsman Tom Paris.” She tapped her bagde. “Dr someone is in need of your services come to the bridge.”

The doctor shimmered in front of them.

“State the nature of the medical emergency.”

He glanced at Logan’s leg.

“You seem to have a bit of phaser burn on your leg.” Logan grunted .

“Thanks for the thought doll and shimmery man, but ah’m fine.”

The Dr looked at his leg and before his eyes the skin began to knit itself back together . The dr scanned and his eyes widened. Katherine licked her lips.

“If you don’t mind us asking, what planet are you from?”

Jonathan raised an eyebrow.

“Planet? We are from Earth. I am fully navahoe Indian. We are human.”

Adrienne broke the akward silence.

“We are mutants captain.”

“Mutants?”

The dr broke in at this point.

“They are mutants captain, their cellular composition has changed to allow them to have special powers kind of like your superman.
Mr . Howeltt seems to have a very impressive healing factor as well as he seems to have a bone desity that is incredible. Logan growled.

“Those bones are covered in adamantium bub.”

“Right Mr Howlett. I would also guess you are very old, and cannot die. When was this process done?”

“I don’t know bub I cant remember. Now get your swirly electronic krap away from me.”

The doctor turned to the captain.

“Captain I request permission to examine these men and women they are fascinating.”

Adrienne growled, Logan’s claws extended, lighting once more crackled at Ororo’s fingertips and Jonathan’s hands flitted to his sword. Katherine noticing their reaction shook her head.

“They are not experiments docter. They are our guests. They may choose to be examined, but I will not force them.”

All four mutants backed down. The docter nodded his approval.

Then turning to the mutants he smiled.

“The captain is right. I sincerely apologize it’s just I’ve never seen anything so fascinating. I’ve never run across mutations in genetics of this kind.”

Ororo smiled.

“we are a curse doctor and have spent the better part of our lives being hated by humans.”

Katherine shook her head.

“Well since you will be staying with us for a time, may I escort you to your quarters?”

Adrienne nodded and turned around for the first time. Her eyes flicked over the view screen.

“Nice picture.”

Chakotay looked at the captain trying to hide his smile.

“That’s called the view screen, that’s not a picture, it’s in real time. We are in the delta quadrant.”

“The delta quadrant?”

“An area of space about seventy five years from Earth.”

“Wait what?”

Chakotay sat down and brought up a map of their charted course back to the alpha quadrant. Adrienne reached out gently to touch it while murmering.

“Seventy five years from earth.”

Katherine stood.

“Come I will explain on the way. Do you mind sharing quarters? The men together and the women together?”


“No Captain that will suit us just fine.”

Katherine escorted their guests to the turbo lift.

“ Deck 15.”

The turbo lift immediately accelerated and the four were shown to
two sets of quarters.

“These quarters are hopefully going to be comfortable for the four of you.”

Adrienne stepped into expansive quarters.

“Captain I am a wealthy women on Earth and these will be more than suitable.”

“Good, this is called a replicator, it will replicate anything you either program into it or what we already have in the system. Please feel free to use it as you need it. We also have a large computer database you are welcome to access. You access it by using this device. You are also welcome to use the PADD.”

Adrienne nodded.

“Thank you Captain.”

“Gentelmen you’re quarters are next door.”

The doors hissed open and Seven of Nine stepped into the room.

“Captain, you asked for assistance?”

“Yes Seven please escort our guests on a tour of the ship.”


“Aye captain.” Turning to the four mutants Seven nodded to them.

“My name is Seven of Nine, I am a crew member of the USS Voayager, what are your designations?”

Logan stepped up first.

“My name is James Howlett please call me Logan, this buff man is James Jonathan Proudstar, this lovely lady with the white hair is Ororo Munroe and this one is Adrienne Munroe. We are mutants from the planet Earth past.”

“Mutants? I am unfarmiliar with that term.”

Adrienne answered.

“We have massive genetic mutation that allows us to manipulate certain things. Logan has a healing factor, Jonathan has superhuman qualities, Ororo can manipulate the weather, and I can manipulate any organic matter down to a cellular level. I can rearrange molecules etc.”

Seven raised an eyebrow.

“An interesting set of qualitites to have, I am borg. A alien species that assimilate other species and make them apart of a colletive group. Or at least I used to be borg.”
Adrienne chuckled.

“we’ll get along just fine, just don’t assimilate me.”

“You would add an interesting set of qualities to the collective no doubt, but I will not assimilate you.”

“Oh Good Assimilation sounds painful.”

Seven of Nine gave them a tour of the ship explaining it’s systems and how they worked. She was surprised to find that the ragtag group of mutants actually caught on very quickly. When they reached the holodeck, the mutants asked to remain and do some training. Seven nodded.

“I will join you. Set your parameters.”

Adrienne winced.

“Seven we can actually harm you with our powers.”

“I realize that Adrienne, but I think you will find me an adequate opponent.”

Adrienne nodded.

“ so be it.”

Seven nodded.

“Set your parameters.”

“start with hand to hand combat, no powers when fighting with Seven.”

Logan took over giving direction.

“Two sets, Roro you’re against me. Adrienne against Warpath, Seven you will rotate and fight the winner of the match with Ororo, then the winner of the match with Adrienne and Warpath.” Logan piped in. “Proudstar you and Adrienne are first. To win you need two mock kills, one with powers one without. Or you are down for more than a minute.”

Jonathan and Adrienne prepared to spar, and then began circling each other , Jonathan initiated the first punch towards Adrienne’s torso, Adrienne easily deflected catching his fist and twisting it behind her so that her back faced his torso. He attempted to catch her around the throat with his other arm only to find she was faster than he estimated she caught it and tripped him then landed on top of him holding both his hands behind his back. Logan began counting as proudstar attempted to get out of the hold she had him in. She pushed his wrist forward farther with each squirm. He knew she would break it if necessary. The countdown finished and Adrienne rolled off him.

“You underestimated her Proudstar.” Logan said as he leaned against the arena with a grin.

Proudstar nodded.

“Indeed.”

Adrienne wore a saucy grin on her face and reverted her attention to Seven.

“Seven are we allowed to use weapons?”

“I can program them in.”

Adrienne’s grin grew wider.

After several hours of sparring all four mutants and Seven of Nine were covered in sweat. Logan won the match between Him and
Ororo, Adrienne won against Proudstar and Seven of Nine had won against Logan. They then switched partners with Adrienne starting against Seven, Seven beating Proudstar, Ororo beating her and sweat dripping against the matted floor of the arena. A few crew members had wandered in to find the mutants hand to hand ability as well as their powers amazing. Seven smiled and shook the hands of the mutants.

“Those were formidable matches, I would be pleased if I could call you friends.”

Ororo grinned.

“You’ve won that right by sweat and blood.”

The next morning Seven of Nine walked into the Captain’s ready room. Katherine looked up from her coffee at the expected look of her crewmember.

“Heard you had quite a match in the holodeck with the mutants.”

“Yes Captain they are very formidable opponents, they taught me some useful tactical techniques. I am not here to discuss my defeat. Captain these men and women had expressed talents I think would be useful to our journey home. I believe they could help us in that quest.”

Janeway leaned back in her chair.

“Seven we barely know them. How do we know they are not playing with us and are from an alien race designated to destroy us?”

“Captain that is highly illogical, and unprobable, they barely know of alien races. I believe it is only because of their own differences from humanity that they are able to accept them as they see them. They learn at an accelerated rate Captain I have ever seen humans who can learn so quicky. It is like they assimilate information much as I do. I believe they can help captain.”

Janeway paused for a moment to consider Seven’s proposal. Truthfully Voyager could use all the help she could get at the moment.

“Allright but they are to be under direct supervision of you Blanna , me,or Chakotay at all times. Understood?

“Understood Captain and thank you.”

Weeks passed as the four enjoyed Voyager and it’s luxuries. They learned their different interests in the running of the ship quickly. Ororo worked in Astrometrics with Seven, Logan worked with Tom or Chakotay at learning how to fly and repair the flyer. Proudstar helped in engineering and Adrienne worked in medical and also in engineering, particularly with the warp core. They found the crew of Voyager to be a bit stand offish at first and then they became very friendly. Often in the mess hall the crew members enjoyed the stories of the mutants Earth and of each other. Many questions were asked particularly by Naomi Wildman about their mutant powers and some even of the struggles. Tom Paris found himself baffled when Proudstar and Logan whipped his butt at pool in the holodeck and Blanna found herself amazed at how quickly the mutants learned their systems and offered as much help as possible.

Later one evening Katherine walked into the mess hall to see the four of them eating ameal together. She had been meaning to speak with them and thank them for their hard work.

“May I sit here?”

Proudstar nodded.

“Please captain.”

“I’ve been meaning to thank the four of you. You’ve become practically Starfleet trained in about three months. “

“Thank you captain.”

“You are still uneasy around humans.”

Adrienne snorted.

“Captain we come from a time that when someone finds out you’re a mutant you are hated. It’s not normal for us to be friends with non mutants they normally hate us. Forgive our uneasiness.”
Katherine nodded.

“Understandable.”

“so what do you normally do in your time?”

Logan laughed this time.

“Well we are tombraiders.”

“You’re what?”

Ororo explained.

“We basically are hired to gain desired objects. Usually in tombs that have been bobey trapped. Sometimes it’s poisonous gas, sometimes it’s arrows flying at you, sometimes it’s trap doors. Good stuff.”

Katherine chuckled.

“Sounds like my job.”

“Logan I understand you and Tuvok have been working on some hand to hand combat training.”

“Yeah dam vulcan’s been kicking my ass.” Logan grumbled.

Katherine laughed.

“He’s very good tactically.”

Logan nodded gruffly.

“Good tactically is beside the point captain. The only up I have on him is that I am unpredicatable in ways that don’t fit his logic. He is slowly catching onto that though to.”

Katherine smiled then suddenly her face dropped turning into a serious frown. The four mutants exchanged glances.

“I need your help.”

Adrienne nodded.

“Go on Captain.”

“You four have been trapped on Voyager for quite a bit of time now. How would you feel about going on an away mission? We are going to be contacting an alien race. It’s called first contact. I know that most of you have been taught the Starfleet principles by Tuvok. I would like two of you to accompany Tuvok and Seven of Nine.”

Ororo raised an eyebrow.

“did you have two of us in mind captain?”

Katherine nodded.

“Yes you and Logan. As I understand it Blanna needs Jonathan and Adrienne in engineering. Apparently they have found a way to enhance our traveling speed.”

Jonathan and Adrienne grinned they had spent a few late nights working on that proposal. It would cut the journey of USS Voyager down to in it’s traveling time. Logan nodded.

“we’ll help you Captiain. I haven’t been much help on this trip, so the least I can do is be a body guard, it’s what I am best at.”

Katherine noticed his depressed demeanor.

“On the contrary Logan you’ve increased out security and trained all of my crew members in hand to hand combat, you’ve been invaluable in the security of this ship. Tuvok has actually asked if I could promote you.”

Logan chuckled.

“Thank you Captain Janeway, now if only I could get you to come to some of those sessions.”

Katherine smiled.

“Actually Logan Ororo and I have been working together and I bet the two of us could take you on just fine.”

Logan laughed.

“Add pretty boy Chakotay and you’d win for sure. I’m not sure I could resist such lovely ladies.”

Chakotay walked up at that moment.

“Pretty boy Logan? Want to take me on.”

Logan nodded.

“Actually I do native boy, let’s go.”
Them's fightin words by DaughteroftheWind
“Actually I do native boy, let’s go.”

Chakotay grinned he had been looking for the perfect opportunity to test the feral’s fighting ability.

“let’s make it a match Logan. The women fight then I fight Katherine first, you fight Ororo and if we can beat them we fight one another.”

Logan’s nostrils flared in approval.

“You got a deal Pansy, I’ve got some holodeck time tonight, think you can be ready by then.”

Chakotay nodded, Adrienne rolled her eyes Ororo stopped the argument.

“Wait what if Katherine and I win against one or both of you.”

Logan growled showing his teeth.

“Then the winner faces the loser, either way Pansy and I get to fight.”

Katherine smiled.

“Come on ororo we could take them.”

Adrienne nodded.

“Wait wait wait, I agree, but let’s make it more interesting. Chakotay you face me and if you can beat me then you fight Katherine. Logan you face Proudstar, if you win you fight Ororo.”

Logan nodded, fighting sounded fun.

“I agree.”

Proudstar leaned back in his chair.

“What does the winner get?”

Logan’ eyes flitted to Ororo.

“A kiss from the women of their choice and the women get whatever they want.”

Chakotay glanced at Katherine.

“I agree.”

Katherine laughed and looked at Ororo. Both women nodded.
“Done and done. See you in a few hours gentleman.”
Tom Paris sitting nearby grinned and typed a ship wide message announcing the fight. He also opened a betting channel so that the crew could make bets on the contestants.

A few hours later Holodeck two was packed with people surrounding the fighting ring and Chakotay and Adrienne were the first contestants, the rules holding that if any of the mutants used powers they would be disqualified. Chakotay waited in the ring, Adrienne being announced shortly after he entered. He knew she was a formidable fighter, he knew he was going to have a hard time fighting her. She had requested a weapon fight and he knew that was going to be harder for him. A rack stood to the side of the ring, the first round was hand to hand, then the winner chose their weapon first. Tuvok was the judge because he would be impartial and logical. Adrienne stepped into the ring and smiled as she took his hand.

“Good luck Chakotay.”

“and to you my lady.”

He kissed the back of her hand a smile in his eyes. Adrienne humored him and they separated. A few moments later the bell rang and they began their hand. Chakotay took a deep breath letting his body adjust and get into warrior mode. He watched his opponent, her body was lithe and beautiful and she knew what she was doing. He kicked near her shoulder, Adrienne ducked and backed off. She closed her eyes and listened. She could hear his heartbeat beating, see his blood flowing through his veins, she could feel his strength and waited for his next move. Chakotay seeing his advantage lunged forward and was surprised to find that she ducked underneath his leg spun around and landed an elbow to his back. Chakotay hissed at the pain, but not to be undone he shot his foot out attempting to trip her as she spun around wanting to gain her balance from the duck. Adrienne still evaded being very light on her feet. Chakotay waited until she stood again and aattacked again his fist coming out toward her face, Adrienne moved to block Chakotay disengaged and his meaty hand hit the hard rock muscles of her stomach, Adrienne was driven backwards and hit the ropes. Chakotay seeing his advantage waited until she bounced off the ropes and back towards him. He stuck out his elbow. Adrienne having regained her breath waited until she bounced back and seeing his elbow come up she ducked out of instinct and fell face down on the mat. Chakotay not at all surprised landed an elbow right in her kidneys. Adrienne hissed then spun around an kicked him twice in the face while rolling onto her feet. Chakotay surprised fell back. Adrienne surprisingly backed off and waited for him to get to his feet.

“Come on Chakotay did you think this would be easy?”

Chakotay shook his head.

“No I expected it to be hard.”

CHakotay stepped forward and in two quck moves had Adrienne pinned to the mat. Adrienne powerfully struggled under his weight and almost got up several times. The match was called and Chakotay won. Adrienne shook her head in anger.

“Damm.”

Chakotay laughed.

“Never underestimate your opponent. Good match.”

Adrienne nodded and shook his extended hand.

“And to you.”

Chakotay walked to the side. Logan’s turn was next He was fighting Jonathan Proudstar, it was a powers match. Chakotay still found himself amazed at how powerful these people are. They were the perfect mercenaries except they weren’t for hire. Chakotay found himself thankful for that. Logan had an impressive style that Chakotay could only half put his finger on. He was an incredibly lithe person. It was like he could fly. Logan barely won the match after 20 minutes of fighting. Next Chakotay knew he was going to face Katherine. They circled each other in the ring waiting watching. Chakotay engaged first catching her completely aware as his fist repelled through the air towards her face. Katherine moved her head out of the way at the last possible moment grabbed his fist and using his forward motion flipped him over landing him on his back. Instead of descending on him and holding him there she waited until he got up. As he stood her foot came around in a jump kick and he felt both of them hit the side of his face,splitting his lip open. Blood filled his taste buds and he felt anger rise within him, she was holding back and he could feel that. Instead of watching and thinking he charged in, his muscles flexed as he jumped high and brought his foot down. Katherine’s leg met his, throwing him completely off balance and knocking him to the ground once more. Once more Katherine held back and waited. Instead of getting up chakotay waited until she was near him and then in two moves tripped her. Her breath leaving her body quickly as he body hit the floor. Chakotay rolled over and pinned her to the floor, his entire body covering hers. Katherine felt like she should stop breathing, he was ontop of her his face skant inches from hers, she could see the determination in his eyes and then they softened. Chakotay felt like it was an eternity before Katherine squirmed and flipped him off of her. He was thankful she had done it sooner rather than later. Katherine landed a kick to the side of his head and Chakotay focused himself. He backed off and waited, she kicked near his mid section, he caught her foot and spun himself into her body, gaining the advantage. Katherine expecting a elbow to the side of the face, balancing on one foot, thrust her body forward to gain momentum and brought her other foot up to kick Chakotay hard in the kidneys. Chakotay growled and released her second leg by lifting it up falling back onto her body and effectively pinning her. Katherine groaned, he was a bit heavier than he looked. She brought her legs up around his waist and squeezing his chest she rolled and pinned him flat face down on the floor with his hands behind his head. The crowd cheered and the match was called. Katherine released him and he stood.

“Good match Captain.”

“And to you Chakotay.”
You asked what I was thinking by DaughteroftheWind
Ororo and Logan were next. The match lasted several rounds at first it seemed that Ororo had the advantage but in the end Logan turned it around and won the match. Chakotay took a deep breath as he watched Logan deliver the winning pin to Ororo, who had fought well but seemed to have pulled her power a bit. Chakotay felt unpleased about this. He really wanted Ororo to win. Instead she lost and now he must face the feral head to head.
Logan circled Chakotay waiting for the right moment to strike. Chakotay watched him gait. Both men were tired and knew that. Chakotay watched as a few moments later Logan attacked in his upper range a high roundhouse kick. Chakotay blocked and landed a punch to Logan’s stomach. Logan grunted slightly surprised by his opponents strength. Chakotay attempted the same kick, as Logan blocked Chakotay spun on his heel, disengaged and landed a nasty kick to Logan’s abdomen. Logan growled as he buckled with the force of the kick. The match went on for several more rounds, on the 20th round Chakotay growled. His face was covered in several cuts, his ribs were bruised, while logan was only tired. Logan knew that his healing factor made the match unfair. He growled at what he was about to do. He caught Chakotay’s hand, he wasn’t trying to beat the krap out of the man, he was more than an adequate opponent and had proved himself not to be a pansy. Chakotay punched, Logan caught his hand and gave the signal of a draw to Tuvok. Tuvok told the fighters to stand apart and both bounced to the opposite sides of the ring. Tuvok looked at Chakotay.

“As to the terms of this fight Logan has requested and equal draw. Chakotay do you accept?”

Chakotauy spit blood and scowled.

“What’s the matter feral? Am I to much for you?”

Logan growled.

“No you are more than an adequate opponent, however my healing factor makes this fight unfair. I am not here to kill you CHakotay, nor do I want to beat you to a pulp. This is your chance, you ain’t a pansy, you’re a good fighter and I would be happy to continue, however the match is unfair. I withdraw my claim’s as made earlier.”

Chakotay nodded as much as he hated to admit it Logan was right.

“I accept the draw but only on the terms that it is understood that it is an equal draw, not because one of us lost. “

Logan nodded.

“So be it.”

Chakotay nodded and walked over to Logan, who was smiling.

“Good fight Logan and thank you I needed a good fight.”

Logan nodded.

“Anytime native boy, well done yourself.”

The men parted and the crowd cheered, Katherine swopped in before anyone would notice and led Chakotay out of the holodeck, his hand entwined in hers. She led him to her quarters.

“Katherine, what are we doing?”

Katherine smiled.

“First I am going to clean your wounds, then I am going to make dinner and replicate a bottle of wine. We’ll see where things go from there.”

Chakotay nodded.

“Claiming your reward?”

“No Chakotay, just dinner and reports.”

Chakotay groaned in despair he should have known better.
Katherine disappeared into the bathroom and brought out a wash cloth and a few antiseptics. Chakotay grinned and handed her a glass of her favorite wine. She smiled and took a sip then set it down and set Chakotay down in the chair next to it.

“What no Dermal regenerator?”

Katherine grinned

“No it’s more fun to see you have battle scars at least for awhile.”

They lapsed into silence and Katherine’s mind drifted. As they had fought her body had responded to Chakotay’s full body length stretched out across her. IN her mind she groaned, but she knew it was a better idea to just keep it like it was. She stuffed her emotions but they seemed to rebel as they seemed to ask her what would happen if she let them go. Chakotay noticed the change in her and looked soflty into her eyes. His lips soflty spoke.

“What are you thinking about?”

Katherine laughed.

“Something in appropriate.”

Chakotay grinned wickedly.

“O do tell do tell.”

“And why would I do that commander?”

“Because I’ll tickle you until you tell me.”

“No you won’t.”

Chakotay raised an eyebrow.

“You think so eh?”

His hands reached out so quickly that Katherine didn’t have time to respond and he pulled her into his lap and tickled her mercilessly. Soon Katherine was screeching and squirming attempting unsuccessfully to get out of his grasp. He stopped after several minutes and Katherine reached up, pulling down his head and kissed him. Chakotay surprised kissed her back, her tongue swept his lips and Chakotay groaned when it touched his. The kiss ended only when air became necessary. Their eyes met, as Katherine drew his eyes to her.

“Katherine…”

Chakotay’s voice was just a whisper. Katherine chuckled just as
soflty.

“You asked what I was thinking.”
This story archived at http://https://rolorealm.com/viewstory.php?sid=2569