Under The Weather by Margret2you
Summary: Our resident weather witch is feeling a bit "under the weather", so who will take care of her while everyone is off on the annual camping trip?
Categories: General Characters: None
Genres: Comedy
Warnings: None
Challenges:
Series: None
Chapters: 3 Completed: No Word count: 3272 Read: 4220 Published: 06-20-09 Updated: 12-23-09

1. Prologue by Margret2you

2. Chapter 1: Dishes DON'T DO Themselves! by Margret2you

3. Chapter 2: Sleep/Rest?HA!! by Margret2you

Prologue by Margret2you
It was time for Xavier’s annual camping trip with all of his students, faculty, and the X-Men as well. They were all outside, in front of the school, packing up everything and everyone into three of the buses they were taking, and one was solely for equipment and food. As Scott had just finished piling in all the students into the buses and in their respective seats with their designated ‘camping buddies’.

Scott turned to Professor Xavier whom sat next to him “Alright Professor, that’s everything. Is everyone ready?”

Moments after asking, Jean exited the mansion carrying mounts of things using her telekinesis, and shouted over to Scott “Hon, can you put these in the back?”

Scott rolled his eyes behind his glasses and nodded, taking the packages from his wife, as Ororo helped him put them into the bus. When they finish, Jean turns to Ororo, “I can’t believe it Ororo! It’s already time for our annual camping trip! I can’t wait for it all to begin! Are you ready?”

Ororo nodded hesitantly, and seemed a bit distant “Yes, I am ready…”

The Professor slowly wheeled himself closer to Storm, sensing that something it wrong, he inquires “What is it Ororo?”

But as Ororo is trying to answer him, she begins a sneezing fit involuntarily “Nothing…*sneeze*… is wrong… Why do you….*sneeze, sneeze*… ask, Professor?” She finished asking, as she coughed a bit.

But, she hadn’t noticed, that while having her sneezing spell, her dark brown sunglasses had fallen from her face, until she heard Scott, Jean, and the Professor gasp, at the revelation of dark circles around her eyes. Jean exclaimed, while putting an arm around her best friend “Ororo! You’re sick, aren’t you? Why didn’t you tell us?” Ororo shrugged not know why.

She begins to cough a lot soon after, unable to stop, and Jean just rubbed her back. Professor Xavier looked at the woman whom he saw as a daughter, and asked “Ororo, you are aware of what this means, correct?”

The look of shock that was now plastered on Ororo’s face halted her coughing “Oh no! Professor! You can’t cancel the whole trip… *cough* …because of me.”

The Professor chuckled “No Ororo, we aren’t canceling the trip. You, however, are in absolutely no condition to go on the trip… You are to stay home with Logan, who consequently isn’t going, and I am sure he will not be doing anything important.”

“But Professor--” Ororo tried to dispute, but was cut off.

“No buts Ororo! Go inside now, and get some rest. Logan will look after you, won’t you Logan?”

Logan nodded absentmindedly, not paying much attention to anything “Yeah, yeah, whatever…”

Ororo then began to stomp off into the mansion while mumbling “I don’t need a babysitter!” Soon after the words left her mouth the Professor scolded telepathically ‘I heard that Ororo!’

Back outside, realization had just hit Logan like a ton of bricks, as to what Charles had instructed to do, “Wait! What?! Wheels!!”

The Professor then looked over at Logan “Thank you so much for offering to stay with Ororo, Logan, I’m sure she’ll really appreciate it!”

The evil chuckle did not go unnoticed by Logan, as he objected “But Chuck, I can’t! I got important stuff ta do!”

Charles looked at Logan seriously “Logan, going to a bar, and drinking all your money away, has very little importance compared to one of your teammates needing your assistance. Now go and stay with her, please.”

Logan did not respond; he just stomped off behind Ororo mumbling “I don’t need ta babysit!”

Peter walked over next to Scott and supposed “We’ll come home to find of ‘em dead.”

Scott rolled his eyes behind his glasses, “This should be interesting.”

Jean frowned with a sigh, “I was looking forward to this year’s camping trip with ‘Ro, she and I had so much catching up to do…”

All of a sudden, a student shouts “Miss Munroe’s not going?! But she never misses a camping trip! *gasp* Is she dying?”
Chapter 1: Dishes DON'T DO Themselves! by Margret2you
Chapter 1: Dishes DON’T do themselves!!

Ororo stood by the window, and watched as the three buses drove down the driveway and out the open security gates. She sighed, it had always been tradition for her to go on the camping along with everyone else, it gave them all a chance to let go, clear up their minds and rejuvenate, somewhat. She turned from the window and said “So Logan… ”

Frantically, she begins to search around the room looking for him. After not finding him in there, she went into the hall calling out to him, not helping the fact that every time she would try and take in a breath, her lungs would reject it, and causing her to cough violently. She looked the opposite way as she turned the corner. Accidentally, she crashes into Logan, making both of them end up on the floor, Ororo on Logan.

Logan looked at her irritated, "What do you want?"

Ororo looked slightly hurt, as Logan helped her up off the floor, on the verge tears, "I... I… I was worried about you," She replied looking away, so he wouldn't see as tears began to fall down her face, but suddenly, anger began coursing through her veins, " Why didn't you answer me?!"

Logan looked at her a little confused, at the unexpected change in behavior, "I was outside. Whadja want?"

Ororo sighed inwardly, and began to walk away so that Logan wouldn't see the tears "Nothing Logan… Never mind… I'm not feeling well… I will be in the kitchen, if you need me…" her voice trailed, as she began to walk the kitchen.

Logan stood there for a second, then began to follow her, “Actually, I do need somethin’,” he said, making her stop moving.

She turned to him, looking him in the eye, "*cough*…what is it… *cough* …that you need?" She began to cough vigorously, finding it impossible to reply to Logan's request. Her breathing began to quicken, seeing as she was barely getting any oxygen in.

Logan walked closer to her, and started to rub her back in order to help her coughing. "Ya alright there? C'mon, let's get ya some water, ok?"

They slowly strolled into the kitchen and Logan the moves over to the sink. Grabbing a glass from the cabinets, he poured water into it. He walked back to the breakfast booth, where Ororo was seated and handed her the glass, and watched as cold water assaulted her sore throat.

"Thank you," she whispered putting the cup on the breakfast table.

"Yer welcome… Have ya eaten darlin'?" Logan asked taking the glass off the table and to the sink.

Ororo denied "No, but it's alright… I'm not hungry. Have you eaten? I could whip something up for you real quick, before I go and lie down."

Logan waved her off, “No, it's alright darlin'… Go lie down. I'll make myself something…Page me if ya need anythin', got it?”

"Actually Logan…" Ororo initiated, as she stood from her seat in the booth, "I am not going to go to bed just yet. These dishes aren't gong to do themselves."

She stood in front of the sink and turned on the faucet. Water began to cascade over her hands and the dirty dishes. She felt as Logan walked up behind her, grabbing hold of her wrists, and pulling her wet hands from under the running water. "'Ro, don't worry 'bout those, I can get 'em done later, why don't ya go rest?"

Ororo pulled her arms out of his moderate grasp, and replied stubbornly to his offer "No Logan! I have to finish this before I retire for the day!"

Doubtfully, Logan looked at her "Will knowing that the dishes are done make ya go rest more easily?"

She nodded slowly, and Logan sighed heavily "Go take it easy 'Ro, I'll do 'em now…" She stared at him unbelievingly, "What?!" Logan shouted, "I will! Ya could even sit there and watch, but that little ass of yers ain't movin' out of that chair!" He demanded.

Ororo laughed in his face, "Too bad Logan, I can't... Cause I'll be doing the washing, you are drying!" She said smiling victoriously, as she threw him a clean dish rag.

Logan tossed it back, "I don't think so! I'll wash, you dry! Take it, or go to bed!"

The weather witch sighed in frustration, and went to stand near the sink, and waited for Logan to begin washing them. When they finally did, they stood in comfortable silence. Storm would look up at him as she dried, but looked away when Logan caught her staring; then he would repeat the same actions she had. They did this for quite awhile, until Ororo said to Logan, "Look you missed a spot Logan."

Logan looked down at the plate he was washing, "No I didn't" he disagreed.

She pointed out with a slender finger what she was talking about, "Yes, you did!" Storm argued, sticking her tongue out at Logan after she had proved her point.

Logan looked at her. She was a lot looser when the others weren't around, and it was just the two of them. One of his eyebrows rose when he saw her stick her tongue out at him. He nodded challengingly, and with his wet hands he sprayed water at Ororo. She visibly flinched, as the cold water came into contact with her skin. She then let go of the plate, letting it fall into the sink. Ororo ran her hands under the water, and as it dripped, she sprayed him with it.

“Oh really?” Logan asked like a challenge, his eyebrows rose.

She nodded accepting his dare. He put his hands under the faucet again, and when it had been filled to a reasonable amount… He dumped it directly on her face. At first, the weather witch looked so mad, she could bite his head off, but it was soon replaced with a menacing look as she quickly took hold of the hose that was attached to the faucet and out it in front of Logan. Sooner than Logan can react, high pressured water was battering his face.

After nearly three minutes of spraying him, Ororo had to stop since the fits of laughter overwhelmed her. Logan looked at her angrily and spit out the excess water from his mouth like a little fountain. In view of the fact that she was being distracted by her own laughter, he grabbed the hose spraying her all over the place, laughing evilly as she squealed in surprise.

She clutched a bottle of soap and chased Logan around the kitchen with it while still being sprayed. They were both laughing endlessly, their sides began to hurt and they soon began to tear from laughing so hard.

Ten minutes later found Storm and Wolverine on the kitchen floor behind the kitchen island, soapy, wet and doubled over in laughter. They couldn’t believe they had made such a big mess in the kitchen! Xavier was going to kill them! But, their giggles was abruptly brought to an end when Ororo began to cough viciously yet again, causing her airways to get blocked, and unable to breathe.

Logan became concerned when he sees that her skin pigment had become much lighter than it should be. He started to rub her back to calm her down, “’Ro, darlin’ can ya breathe?”

Fright soon occupied his face as well, when Ororo shook her head no. Carefully, he grabbed her by her forearm, and laid her head on his lap, trying to get her to stop coughing and breathing again without her having to passing out on him first.

Past five minutes, she finally stopped cough, what with the help of Logan soothingly rubbing her back, she calmed down. Slowly, she sat up and pressed her wet body against the kitchen island, gasping for air. Logan then whispered to her, “Are ya alright darlin’?”

She nodded slowly then rasped, “Yes Logan, thank you.”

He stood up, and offered her his hands to help her stand, which she gladly accepted, letting go of them once she was up. As she walks toward the sink, she is completely oblivious to the big patch of soap she was about to step into. But, as she slipped back and set in motion her fall back, Logan was right behind her, and caught her.

Smiling gratefully, she slowly paced over to the kitchen’s utility closet, and brought out a mop. Logan walked over to her and took the mop out of her hands, “Don’t worry darlin, I’ll clean this up… Why don’t ya go ‘nd wash up, and get some rest, alright?”

Ororo looked up at him, “Are you sure, Logan?”

He nodded, and she began to walk out of the kitchen, and he began to clean up the mess they had made.
Chapter 2: Sleep/Rest?HA!! by Margret2you
Chapter 2: Sleep/Rest? HA!

Logan was just finishing up the kitchen counters, as he smiled softly at the memory of what had just happened. Ororo entered the kitchen quietly, and looked over at Logan to see that he was smiling at nothing, and he seemed to be staring off into space. So, she stealthily sneaked up behind him, and wrapped her arms around his waist and whispered, “What is the great memory that is making our Logan smile?”

When he felt someone placing her arms around his waist, he dropped the dishrag on the counter and turned around, giving her a shit-eating grin, “Nothin’ darlin’…” He pulled her a bit closer to him and whispered, “Shouldn’t ya be in bed?”

Ororo smiled innocently, “I can get around just fine Logan… Have you finished cleaning our mess?”

Logan smiled down at her, and finished wrapping his arm around the rest of her petite form. “Actually, I jus did; the room is spotless! Now, let’s get ya to bed…” For some reason, his hand then moved over to her cheek, to brush some hair out of her face. He retracted his hand almost immediately, and looked at her. She looked dazed, like she wasn’t herself, and completely out of it. “Ro’ yer burnin’ up!”

Logan went to take her pulse, but she swatted his hand away, finally admitting to him, “It is a tad bit warm in here…”

He looked at her suspiciously as she began to sway a bit, “How are ya really feelin’, Ro?”

She looked up at him; he had been a completely different person now than he was less than two hours ago! Why? Why did he suddenly care? Why was he caring for her when she was completely capable of taking care of herself?

She shook her head slightly, and quietly replied to his question “You are that concerned? Well, if you must know, my head is spinning… and… and… I am having chills, but at the same time I feel like I am inside an oven.”

Worry made itself appear on the face of the gruff man, as he decided to tighten his grip around his waist “Are ya dizzy ‘Ro?”

“M’juss fine…” She replied, her way of speaking slight slurred as she laughed nervously.

Logan gazed at her was she began to lean on him a bit more, and he put both his hands on her cheek to try and steady her, “Are you sure Ro’?”

She put her freezing cold hands on his. By now, her eyes were half closed by now, and her speech slurring much worse “M-maybe… It’d b-be a good idea… I-if I sat down a moment…”

The unwell Weather Goddess began to feel weak, and she reclined her body against his for the support that she needed, that at the moment she did not have. Logan lifted her, ever so slightly, and with one arm around her waist, and another holding her elbow as he guided her through the swinging doors and toward the den.

He caught her suddenly as her legs finally gave out on her. Dammit! I should get her to her bedroom instead of the couch. He thought and picked her up slowly, not wanting to make her dizzier than she already was.

Ororo abruptly noticed what was going on, and began to protesting instantly, “Oh… Logan… No, d-don’t… I’m fine… J-just put me down, I’ll walk…”

“Are y’kiddin’ Ro? Ya practically just crumbled onta me… I don’t mind carryin’ ya anyway,” he argued back, whispering the last part.

Pulling out of his embraced, she shook her head saying that she was fine enough to walk. But when she did stand on her own, she started to stumble because of how weak she was. After hearing her mutter something about just being a little bit dizzy, Logan shook his head in dismay, sighing in frustration, “Nah, it’s not darlin’! So here’s what yer gonna do… Yer gonna swallow yer damn pride, and yer gonna let me carry ya upstairs, got it?”

Ororo looked at him, surprised at the tone he was using with her! Angrily, she looked at him raising her voice “Logan, I do not need your help! I can ta--” She was cut off by her own cough attacking her.

Logan went over to her and patted her back softly, all the anger he had been directing toward her just seemed to have dissolved. As her cough became worse, she was just barely able to rasp out, “Can you…*cough, cough* …Some… *cough, cough, cough* wa... ter…”

He nodded, and helped her sit on the couch. After having her seated, he quickly put his hand on her forehead. Frowning, he went into the kitchen to get her a glass of water. While in there, Logan realized that Ororo would raise hell against getting some rest, so he opened a cabinet door, and brought out a small bottle. Pouring two pills into the glass of water, he waited for them to liquefy, before going back to her. She accepted the glass appreciatively. Drinking it she winced as it assaulted her tender throat again, “Thank… you… Logan…”

Logan nodded, “Don’t mention it… I’m here to look after ya, ‘Ro, at least lemme carry ya yer room.”

She struggled to stand a bit and looking into his large, deep brown eyes, and gulped “Alright Logan…”

Picking her up slowly, making sure she’s comfortable in his arm. She shivered slightly, and Logan asked her is she was cold and she shook her head. He gave her a lopsided grin, “Alright darlin’, tell me when you get uncomfortable…”

She nodded and closed her eyes as Logan’s soft pacing and heartbeat lulled her to sleep. He watched the rise and fall of her chest before continuing to the staircase. As he climbed the stairs, she began to fidget, and mumble thing in Swahili. To try and calm her, he brought up on of his hands, and brushed away a strand of hair from her face, while he watched her relax slightly; he planted a kiss on her forehead and continued up the stairs.
This story archived at http://https://rolorealm.com/viewstory.php?sid=3133