It was time for Xavier’s annual camping trip with all of his students, faculty, and the X-Men as well. They were all outside, in front of the school, packing up everything and everyone into three of the buses they were taking, and one was solely for equipment and food. As Scott had just finished piling in all the students into the buses and in their respective seats with their designated ‘camping buddies’.

Scott turned to Professor Xavier whom sat next to him “Alright Professor, that’s everything. Is everyone ready?”

Moments after asking, Jean exited the mansion carrying mounts of things using her telekinesis, and shouted over to Scott “Hon, can you put these in the back?”

Scott rolled his eyes behind his glasses and nodded, taking the packages from his wife, as Ororo helped him put them into the bus. When they finish, Jean turns to Ororo, “I can’t believe it Ororo! It’s already time for our annual camping trip! I can’t wait for it all to begin! Are you ready?”

Ororo nodded hesitantly, and seemed a bit distant “Yes, I am ready…”

The Professor slowly wheeled himself closer to Storm, sensing that something it wrong, he inquires “What is it Ororo?”

But as Ororo is trying to answer him, she begins a sneezing fit involuntarily “Nothing…*sneeze*… is wrong… Why do you….*sneeze, sneeze*… ask, Professor?” She finished asking, as she coughed a bit.

But, she hadn’t noticed, that while having her sneezing spell, her dark brown sunglasses had fallen from her face, until she heard Scott, Jean, and the Professor gasp, at the revelation of dark circles around her eyes. Jean exclaimed, while putting an arm around her best friend “Ororo! You’re sick, aren’t you? Why didn’t you tell us?” Ororo shrugged not know why.

She begins to cough a lot soon after, unable to stop, and Jean just rubbed her back. Professor Xavier looked at the woman whom he saw as a daughter, and asked “Ororo, you are aware of what this means, correct?”

The look of shock that was now plastered on Ororo’s face halted her coughing “Oh no! Professor! You can’t cancel the whole trip… *cough* …because of me.”

The Professor chuckled “No Ororo, we aren’t canceling the trip. You, however, are in absolutely no condition to go on the trip… You are to stay home with Logan, who consequently isn’t going, and I am sure he will not be doing anything important.”

“But Professor--” Ororo tried to dispute, but was cut off.

“No buts Ororo! Go inside now, and get some rest. Logan will look after you, won’t you Logan?”

Logan nodded absentmindedly, not paying much attention to anything “Yeah, yeah, whatever…”

Ororo then began to stomp off into the mansion while mumbling “I don’t need a babysitter!” Soon after the words left her mouth the Professor scolded telepathically ‘I heard that Ororo!’

Back outside, realization had just hit Logan like a ton of bricks, as to what Charles had instructed to do, “Wait! What?! Wheels!!”

The Professor then looked over at Logan “Thank you so much for offering to stay with Ororo, Logan, I’m sure she’ll really appreciate it!”

The evil chuckle did not go unnoticed by Logan, as he objected “But Chuck, I can’t! I got important stuff ta do!”

Charles looked at Logan seriously “Logan, going to a bar, and drinking all your money away, has very little importance compared to one of your teammates needing your assistance. Now go and stay with her, please.”

Logan did not respond; he just stomped off behind Ororo mumbling “I don’t need ta babysit!”

Peter walked over next to Scott and supposed “We’ll come home to find of ‘em dead.”

Scott rolled his eyes behind his glasses, “This should be interesting.”

Jean frowned with a sigh, “I was looking forward to this year’s camping trip with ‘Ro, she and I had so much catching up to do…”

All of a sudden, a student shouts “Miss Munroe’s not going?! But she never misses a camping trip! *gasp* Is she dying?”





You must login () to review.