“What’s tha matter Ro?” Logan asked following her, as she stalked towards the waterfall, which they had spent many nights christening as ‘their’ waterfall. Logan cautiously looked up into the night skies as he heard the rumbling of thunder.

“Were you not paying attention? You just brought me as your bride.” She hissed as she continued stalking towards the fall.

“Naw, I asked ta marry ya outta respect, yer aunt was tha one telling me I had ta get all that shit ta have ya.” Logan said himself, now angry that she would accuse him of such a thing.

“Well you should learn people’s customs before you go asking to marry someone.” She said stopping and staring at him with her arms crossed against her chest.

“Yeah, well some people, shouldn’t be assed backwards, and join the rest of the sane world and not go around selling off their daughters ta tha highest bidder.” Logan spoke now in a near growl, and Ororo simply remained silent, she couldn’t disagree with what he had said.

“It is still wrong.” She finally spoke and Logan couldn’t help but to smile at the pout on her mouth.

“What is?”

“This,” She spoke agitated as she flung her arms in the air like a mad woman. “This marriage.”

“Why?”

“Because you are only doing it because…” She said lowering her voice a bit as she spoke that last part of her sentence. “You think I am pregnant with your child.”

“Naw I aint, I’m marrying you because I love ya and why tha hell ya say it like that…’cause you think I’m pregnant wit ‘your’ child’.” Ororo’s frown ceased a bit as she giggled at the expression on Logan’s face and his jealous question. “Don’t laugh it better be mine or yer gonna be missin a villager.”

“’It’, if there is an ‘it’, and Goddess I pray ‘it’ is not, is definitely yours Logan. And do not stand there lying about not marrying me due to my seeming condition.”

“Yeah alright, it had some bearing but very little. Look Ro I’ve already made a commitment ta ya,” He spoke as he reached out and traced his fingers over her neck, which still held his bite mark. “This wedding, it’s just ta let everyone else know how much we love each other and that, that will never change and no matter how they try they will never tear us apart.”

Logan that was beautiful, I did not know you were a poet.” Ororo said smiling as she softened a bit and took a step towards him.

“Only fer you.” He commented not moving, though dying too, he wanted her to give in and come to him, he figured it was just a part of his animalistic nature. And soon she was standing right in front of him, their bodies touch, but neither reaching out the grab hold of the other.” I love you, ya know that right?” He said softly as he stared down at her, and she only nodded her head as she stared at his chest not wanting to meet his eyes, wanting to remain somewhat mad at him, and knowing if she looked at him she would melt. “So, Ororo Munroe,” He hooked his finger under her chin and raised her face to his. “Will you marry me?”




“I think we are done here,”

“What tha fuck is this?”

“It tis called a dashiki, it is normal wedding dressings Logan.” Tumbo stated with a chuckle as he helped Logan get ready for his wedding.

“Dress being tha operative word, I aint wearin it, where’s my jeans, I think I got a white dress shirt in my bag…”

“Logan it would be very disrespectful to the elders if you did not have a traditional ceremony, we here take our ceremonies very seriously, you saw that we celebrated for two whole days to prepare and shall for two more days after the ceremony, it is custom.”

“Man you guys are killin me wit yer fuckin customs.” Logan said in a growl as he lifted his arm and shook the large cuff of the ‘dashiki’ top.

“That may be but she is worth it and you are lucky to have her become your wife.” Tumbo said sincerely. Logan turned to him with an arched brow.

“You two had something goin before she left here didn’t ya.” Tumbo lowered his head a bit and sighed heavily.

“I loved Ororo from the moment I laid eyes on her and yes we were an item before she left and many had assumed, myself included that we would be right here where you are today, but it was not meant to be. I am now married to Rena and soon to take another wife and you are about to marry Ororo.”

“But yer still in love with her.”

“Yes as I will always be, but she is yours.”

“Yeah she is, and don’t ever ferget it, I like ya Tumbo but that don’t mean I won’t hurt ya if ya ever try ta rekindle things wit Ro.” Tumbo laughed outright as he slapped Logan’s back.

“You have met Ororo, right. You should know her better my friend. As well, you have a lot to learn about my people, we do not take things such as marriages likely.”

“Yeah which is why yer about ta have another wife, what’s worng wit Rena she seems like a nice enough girl.” Logan spoke as he tugged at the neckline of his top.

“Logan I understand that many in your culture do not condone polygamy, but it is…”

“Tha way of yer people, yeah, yeah…me I’m a one woman type of guy, sides I suspect I’ll have my hands full wit Ro.”

“That you shall, my friend that you shall.” Tumbo agreed again laughing hard.




“Stop fidgeting Ororo,” Rena said as she smacked Ororo’s backside.

“Sorry but I have to go to the bathroom.” Ororo whined.

“Now, after I have dressed you, you cannot hold it?”

“If I could I would not be bouncing around like this.” Ororo said jumping in place.

“Fine, raise your arms then.” Rena said and Ororo complied lifting her arms and Rena pulled the garment over her head. “Hurry.” She said to Ororo’s retreating back as she rushed from the hut and down to the path leading to the toilets. After a few moments Ororo returned. “What, why are you smiling like that, you did not go see Logan, cause you know it is forbidden before the ceremony.”

“No I did not go see Logan but I have to, I have to talk with him right now.” Ororo said smiling at her cousin.

“What, no you cannot.”

“Rena it came.” Ororo said as she moved to her cousin, embracing the confused girl tightly in her arms.

“What came?”

“My period.”

“Oh…Ohhhhh, so now…”

“Now we do not have to get married.”




“Why not?”

“Did you not just hear me,” She whispered from her place outside the small window of the hut, as she nervously looked about her hoping no one spotted her.

“Yeah I heard ya, yer not pregnant and I’ll admit I’m relieved but that don’t mean we shouldn’t get married.”

“What, you mean you still want to get married?” Ororo stared at him wide eyed.

“Yeah, don’t you?” He looked at her now with pleading eyes and for the first time Ororo actually saw a bit of fear in them.

“Oh Logan,”





You must login () to review.