Ororo sat staring, unable to tear her eyes away, barely able to breathe. Jubilee’s voice didn’t even register any longer, not even when Logan pulled back from his new friend and locked eyes with her did she turn away, she just stared back at him without any emotion playing on her face. For the first time since she had known him, he had been the first to back down, quickly looking down as he headed inside the mansion with all eyes one him, eyes which instantly moved to Ororo, who only watched quietly as Logan and company entered the mansion.

“Ok who the hell is she?” Jubilee questioned out loud but to deaf ears as Ororo sat transfixed her eyes still staring at the entrance Logan had disappeared in.




“Her name is Emma Frost…”Jubilee started as soon as she took the seat next to Ororo at the picnic table, out in the gardens, which was Ororo’s favorite place on the entire estate.

“I do not care,” Ororo replied softly as she read over her re-vamped plans for the ball.

“And she’s from a rich family, “Rogue continued as she sat between Jubilee and Kitty, who were all now a constant fixture around Ororo, ever since her showdown with Jean. “Which means she’s probably uppity.”

“And still I do not care.” Ororo replied again, never lifting her eyes from her work, not even when Jubilee nudged her to alert her of Logan’s approaching form.

“Hello Ro,” He deep voice spoke out and penetrated her soul but still she wouldn’t allow her self to look up, would not allow him to see what was in her eyes, so she continued looking over her paperwork not even acknowledging his presence. After a moment of eternal silence Jubilee broke the tension.

“Welcome home Logan.” She said with a bright smile but he didn’t take his eyes from Ororo, who continued to ignore him.

“Yeah, and who’s yer girlfriend?” Rogue brazenly asked getting a shove and glare from Kitty and Jubilee. “What, like ya’ll weren’t dyin ta ask?” Ororo swallowed back the lump in her throat trying to will down her tears but it was of no use as a single drop hit the paper she stared aimlessly at, smudging the ink there. Logan’s fists and jaws clenched at the sight of her tears, hating himself for causing them, wanting to explain things and make it right, but knowing that nothing would ever be so between them again, no matter how much he wished it would be.

“Ro can we talk for a bit?” Logan asked and saw her shoulders slump a bit, a sign that she was listening. “Darlin…” At that word her head shot up and her now icy glare locked onto him and the rumbles of thunder clapped overhead.

“Ok, just a suggestion Logan, but um…I don’t think you should call her that.” Jubilee said as her eyes moved from her best friend to the sky, wondering if they would all be fried.

“Ro can we go somewhere more pri…”

“Logan!” A voice called out and all eyes, except Logan’s and Ororo’s, which remained fixed on each other, turned to the voice and the girl it belonged to. “There you are, I’ve been looking all over for you,” She said as she moved up to him, lacing her arm with his. “Well hello all.” She greeted with a bright smile. “I’m Emma.”

“Hello,” The three girls at the table mumbled in unisons through fake smiles.

“I hope I’m not interrupting anything, but baby’s hungry and I don’t know my way around yet, and need my Logan to show me to the kitchen.” She said with a bright smile and this time all eyes except Logan’s, which now looked to the ground, gazed at the girl dumbstruck.

“Baby?” Jubilee repeated, not clear if it’s a name the girl used to refer to herself or someone else.”

“Yes,” The girl beamed with pride as she placed her free hand over her small belly. “He or she has definitely got her father’s appetite, I’m sure I shall be enormous before its all said and done.” There was a moment of silence as three of the girls at the table stared up at the girl before them all in shock, then the skies opened up and a hard rain shower suddenly fell on them, causing all save two to shout out and hurriedly duck and run for shelter. Only two remained as the rain pelted them, one sitting as if in a daze and the other watching in concern. Ororo slowly stood, her hair and clothes now clinging to her as she began to gather her papers and then to move from the table. Logan didn’t move only stared at her longingly, wanting to reach out to her and comfort her, knowing she was in pain but also knowing she’d probably strike him dead if he approached her. He stared at her back as she walked away from him and further into the garden maze, not caring to take shelter in the storm of her creation.




“Have ya found her yet?” Logan asked the same question he had been asking for nearly six hours.

“Yes,” The Professor replied with a slight frown. “Scott is bringing her in now, and straight to the med lab.”

“Med lab, is she hurt?” Logan asked as fear tugged at him.

“I think you know the answer to that already Logan, though physically I do not know until Scott brings her in, but she is not conscious so I have instructed him to bring her directly to the med lab through the tunnels as so not to alarm the other students.” Without further words Logan took off as fast as he could to the underground Med lab. With a heavy sigh the Professor followed.

Logan arrived at the Lab just as Scott was placing a very wet and frail looking Ororo upon one of the beds, as the resident doctor, Erik Lehnsherr took her vitals.

“Is she alright?” Logan asked not waiting for a reply as he moved to her, brushing her wet tresses from her face and grasping her hand in his. “She’s so cold and why does she look so…” He couldn’t find the words to describe the ashen color Ororo’s skin now took.

“She seems to be suffering from Hypothermia, which is odd. Her mutation usually portects her from such things. Please Logan I need room to work.” Dr. ‘Magnus’, as the students called him since they could not pronounce his last name, gently moved Logan away from the bedside. “She will be ok as soon as we get her warmed up and some fluids into her.” Magnus said as he went about putting in an IV.

“I’m sorry Ro, I’m so sorry.” Logan said a loud not caring of the audience.

“Logan no ones blames you man, I found her pinned under a heavy branch the weight of all the rain must have caused it to break and she probably didn’t see it coming down til it was too late, but you heard the doc, she’s gonna be ok.” Scott tried to console.

“Why do ya think it was raining in the first place, she caused it, I hurt her and she made it storm out, FUCK! I shouldn’t have come back.” Logan said as he glared down at his fisted hands.

“Then why did you?” The Professor’s voice cut in. “You must have known this would hurt her, you bringing not only a new girlfriend but one you’ve impregnated back here, throwing it in her face.” He spat out as he angrily glared at the boy before him. Never one to show such emotions, his words stung Logan and shocked everyone in the room.

“I fucked up, I’ll admit that but this is home, tha only one I’ve got, ever recall havin, but if ya want me ta leave…”

“No,” The Professor said with a sigh as he tried to reign in his anger. “You are correct Logan this is and always will be your home and you are always welcome here. I apologize for my outburst, but of all the people in this world, she,” He eyes fell on Ororo’s body which had regained its coloring. “Is the last person who should ever be harmed, not after the life she has lived, she deserves happiness most of all, and though it went against my very nature, I believed you would give it to her, but I know now I was wrong. My first instinct were correct you do not deserve her, are not worthy enough, and I give you fair warning now Logan, leave her be, let her go and do nothing more to upset her or you will deal with me.” That said The Professor turned and left the room in a dead silence.




“Hey sleepy head,” A voice called out to her though she was still embraced by darkness. Slowly she opened her eye, squinting a bit as she did, after a few blinks her eyes focused and the face of Jubilee came into view.

“Jubes?” She croaked out and Jubilee quickly reached out and poured a glass of water for her friend.

“Don’t try to talk, just relax a moment and try to drink this.” She held the glass to Ororo's dry lips which split a bit as she parted them to drink. She gulped happily as the cool liquid poured down her throat, quenching what felt like an everlasting thirst. Once she was done she lied back against the pillows closing her eyes for another moment to collect her thoughts. “So how are you feeling?”

“Stupid,” She replied never opening her eyes. “I created a storm that nearly killed me.” She stated and the small giggles from Jubilee caused her to open her eyes and smile at her friend.

“Yeah gotta say, oh weather goddess, that was kind of lame.” Jubilee commented through her giggles, which Ororo now matched with her own. “You had us all so scared.” Jubilee said now in a serious tone. “Don’t you ever, EVER do that again.”

“I second that.” A voice spoke from the doorway and when she saw who it belonged to, Ororo’s smile quickly faded and her eyes instantly averted to the floor. “I think we should talk dar…Ro.” He said correcting himself before he could upset her again. “Jubilee can you give us a moment?” Jubilee looked to her friend for the ok, but didn’t get a response before she was yanked up off the seat her occupied and pushed out the door, which closed and locked behind her.

“Ever the brute,” Ororo said as she now lay back against the pillows with her head turned, and eyes staring out the window.

“Yeah one of the things ya love about me,” He said jokingly, hoping to lighten the mood a bit.

“Yes one of the things I ‘use’ to love about you.” She said calmly still looking out the window, not seeing Logan’s face and shoulders fall a bit at her words.





You must login () to review.