“Why don’t you cancel?”

“No I shall not punish Victor and especially over this.” Ororo said putting on a brave face as she stared at herself in the mirror while putting on her makeup.

“But don’t you want to spend this time trying to work things out with Logan?” Jubilee asked as she leaned against the doorframe of the bathroom, watching Ororo ready herself for her date with Victor Creed.

“No I think Logan made it quite clear where he stands on the subject of ‘us’, and I shall not press the issue but give him his space.”

“He’s just in shock right now it’ll pass.” Jubilee tried to reassure her friend.

“Maybe or maybe he is right, these are all signs that we should not be together, never should have to start with. We are too different. I mean he was with Jean for a long time and I am nothing like her, yet Emma could be Jean's doppleganger. This has all been too painful.” Ororo said allowing her face to distort in anguish.

“But you’ve been happy too. The happiest I’ve ever seen you and I know Logan caused that. You know he’s not someone I’d have picked for you and that I had my reservations a whole lot of them, but I believe he loves you and I know you love him. Don’t give up on that Ro.”

“I am not the one giving up this time Jubes, and I tire of waiting for Logan so maybe I should try to move on.”

“With Victor Creed, you call that moving on? I swear sometimes I think he and Logan are related cause they act so much alike. You sure you’re not just transferring or substituting?” Ororo threw Jubilee a displeased look for her words.

“I am not doing any such thing, nor would I. I don’t even know Victor thus the reason for this date in the hopes to get to know him better. Besides I don’t think He and Logan are so much alike and if they were I don’t think I could go out with him. I am not denying what I feel for Logan, I love him. Goddess help me, I love him, so much sometimes I feel like it’s choking me, like I would literally die without him. That is not a healthy thing to feel I do not think love should be like that. And this pain,” Ororo looked desperately at her friend as she rubbed her hand across her chest. “It’s almost unbearable Jubilee and it’s quite physical as well as mental and emotional. I do not wish to feel this every time Logan and I fall out, and our record shows that we will. And in the end the hurt overshadows all the happiness.” Jubilee ended the discussion as she stared at her best friend, seeing the hurt on her face and knowing that what she was saying was how she truly felt. Jubilee decided to respect Ororo’s feelings and not push the subject any further. She moved into the room behind Ororo placing her hands on her shoulders and once again turning her to face herself in the mirror. Jubilee peered over Ororo’s shoulder and pushed her hands into Ororo’s hair.

“So what do you think, up or down?” Jubilee asked as her lifted a handful of Ororo’s tresses and then letting it all fall to cascade about her shoulders.

“Well it’s only a movie, so I think down.” Ororo answered smiling at her friend’s reflection.




He hadn’t even let his knuckles hit the door before it was yanked open. “What the fuck do ya want Creed?” Logan’s gruff voice roared as a snide smile crept across Creed’s face.

“Where’s your manners runt, aint you gonna invite me in?”

“We take out tha trash here bub, not invite it in.”

“But I’m a guess.” Creed said with mock hurt having seen that the one who had invited him was coming down the stairs.

“After the shit you pulled last time you were here, there’s no way I’m letting ya back in.” Logan said as he took a step closer and getting right up in Creed’s face. Creed putting on a show for Ororo, who stood at the base of the stairs watching them, raised his hand and took a step back. “If you want in Creed yer gonna have ta come through me, and I hope ya try, please I’m itchin ta rip inta someone.”

“Yes and I think that someone is me.” Ororo spoke out and both boys turned to face her. “Victor is my guest Logan, so please allow him in.” Logan sneered at her and then at Creed.

“Aint gonna happen.” Logan said still hoping Creed would try him. Ororo simply sighed and walked over to the doorway.

“Very well, let us just go Victor.” Ororo said as she grasped her coat from the rack and moved to leave out.

“Sure thing, we can go for a stroll before the movie.” Creed said smiling warmly at Ororo and watching Logan’s reaction out of the corner of his eye. “You sure do look pretty.” He threw in and inwardly laughed when he heard Logan’s growl.

“Thank you, and yes a stroll would be lovely, perhaps through the park?”

“Sure,” He replied throwing her a wink as he extended his arm, which Ororo linked with her own. Logan glared after them as they walked out to Creed’s cherry red 1965 Mustang-based Shelby GT-350 Cobra, which put a smile on Ororo’s face, since she was a fan of the model.

“This is beautiful,” Ororo commented tracing her fingers over the side as Creed opened the door for her.

“Yes she is, but she has some fierce competition tonight.” He said with a smile, which Ororo matched. Creed closed the passenger side door and made his way around to the driver’s side, opening it. He threw Logan a broad smile. “You have a good night runt and don’t wait up.” He then hopped in, started the car and sped off.




He watched her as she stared out at the pond, he couldn’t help but notice just how beautiful she was, in fact he thought her to be breathtaking and captivating.
He also noticed how sad she looked.

“We don’t have to go to the movies if yer not up to it Rory, I’ll take a rain check.” Creed said still watching her and she slowly turned her head to face him and threw him a warm smile.

“I am sorry Victor that I am not the best company.” She said with a sigh.

“It’s ok babydoll, the runt brings out the worse in me too.” Creed said winking as she giggled.

“Goddess is it that obvious?” She asked as she lowered her head a bit fiddling with her fingers.

“You care about him,” Creed questioned.

“I love him, but I think you already know that for I’m sure that fact had a lot to do with you asking me out.”

“True but also had a bearing on you saying yes.” Ororo’s smile broadened as she nodded her head. “Wanted to make him jealous huh?” He asked as he leaned forward, bracing against the railing of the small fence that surrounded the pond.

“No I wanted to hurt him.” She answered honestly. “Thought I could make him feel as badly as he has made me feel, but I realize it is not possible and that I really don’t wish this pain on anyone.” She answered as she hugged herself which Creed notice and hastily removed his jacket and draped around her shoulders, causing her to smile at him. “Why who would have thought Victor Creed to be such a gentleman.” She teased and gained a smile from him.

“Yeah well it’s just between you and I. I do have a rep to keep up.”

“A bad rep.” Ororo added.

“Those are the best kind babydoll.” He said with a chuckle.

“Well I am pleased to see that it’s mostly an act. And you perform it very well.” He bowed before her and she laughed at the move.

“You know Rory, I don’t know anything about love, don’t think I’ve ever felt it, but from all the crap I read about it and hear from people professing to be in love, it’s not suppose to make you feel bad or make you cry. I think it’s supposed to be a good thing. And if you and the runt fell out take it as a blessing, or a sign that he’s not the one intended for you and vice versa. If one is to believe that there’s someone out there for everyone. And yer still young babydoll a bit early in the game to be settling don’t you think?”

“Maybe,” She replied as she focused back on the pond that housed a group of swans.

“But it doesn’t change how you feel here does it?” Creed said as he pressed one of his hands over her heart and Ororo only shook her head. “The heart wants what it wants.”

“In this case I think the heart wants what it cannot have.”

“Don’t think the problem here has anything to do with your heart babydoll, maybe it’s the runt’s heart that’s just not getting it, and there’s nothing that you can do about that.” She listened to this wisdom and it invoked a giggle.

“You knew you were so wise Victor.”

“I did and all my teachers as well, but that’s all.” He said throwing her a wink.

“Thank you Victor and I am sorry for being such a bad date.”

“Hey you haven’t made me want to run off and leave you yet, so this is a good date in my book.”

“Surely you have never done that to a girl.” Ororo smiled at him.

“Hey she was telling me that I couldn’t look at her cause I was trying to take her soul, and then there was her necklace, which was a chicken’s foot.” Ororo wrinkled her nose as she continued to smile at him. “No lie.” Creed said to her doubtful stare as he raised his hand. “I’ll admit that I aint that particular when it comes to a girl, especially if there’s a chance I’m gonna get to grope her, but even I have standards. Her dark look, the black clothes and makeup I took as goth chick, trashy and easy, but turns out it was more devil worshipper who likes to drink human blood.” At his words Ororo fell into a fit of laughter. “You laugh but let me tell you I’m constantly looking over my shoulder, afraid she hexed me for ditchin her.” He chuckled more at the sound of her laughs, pleased that he had taken her mind off of her own misery.

“Oh Goddess I can just picture the look on your face.” Ororo laughed harder. “Oh forgive me I do not mean to make such light at your expense.” She said trying to calm herself but still giggled.

“Don’t worry about it, it’s funny.” He laughed. After a few more moments of giggling and small talk a silence settled over them. “Guess we should go, got about ten minutes til the movie starts, gives us just enough time to get there before all the best seats are taken.” Creed said and Ororo nodded her head as she grasped the hand he held out to her, and they walked back to his car.

“Thank you Victor for the talk, I actually feel better now.” Ororo said as she looked up at him, for the first time noticing that he towered over her, which was refreshing since she either towered over or was eye level to most the boys she knew, including Logan who she figured she’d be taller than in a couple of years.

“I like your smile babydoll, so it’s now my mission in life to make you smile.” He professed and she threw him one of her brightest smiles for his effort. Without thinking on it and acting as if it were the most natural thing to do, Creed lifted her hand to his lips and pressed a soft kiss upon it and Ororo blushed, enjoying the intimacy and feeling of it.





You must login () to review.