Even as he approached and his nostrils filled with the faint scent of sands and sable, Ororo’s favorite perfume and the nauseating scent of Victor’s singed flesh, Logan knew that Ororo was long gone. And though there was a large part of him that wanted to finish what he knew Ororo couldn’t, he was overwhelmed with thoughts of where Ororo had gone and what Creed might have done to her. He figured he could always come back later and finished the job, since it didn’t look like Creed was going anywhere for awhile.

He was a bit surprised to where Ororo’s scent had lead him, but also happy by the revelation. He propped the bike against the tin wall of the shed and moved to the door, where he paused, taking a deep breath and mentally trying to brace himself for whatever lied behind the door. “Ro,” He called out as he entered the small dark room and the whimpers he had heard from outside instantly stopped. “I know yer here darling, so please talk to me.” Logan said as he closed the door behind him and stood allowing his acute night vision to kick in, and when it did he took a step to where Ororo sat with her knees curled to her chest, in a far corner. “Ro,”

“Leave me alone, please don’t come any closer.” She spoke out in a soft cry; her voice sounding hoarse from what Logan could only assume was from her crying.

“Ok, baby,” Logan said as he stopped and held his hands up a bit. “I won’t come any closer, but I ain’t leaving ya either.” He looked around before finding a place to settle on the floor. And so they sat that way in silence for nearly an hour before Ororo spoke again.

“Do you know what he did to me Logan?” She asked but in such a tone it was as if she was talking to herself. Logan didn’t reply he just closed his eyes, squeezing them tight, trying to block out the images that were flooding his mind at that moment. “Why did he do that to me, I don’t understand…why did you do it, what’s wrong with me?” At her words a vicious flash of lightning lit up the sky, so bright it blazed through every crack in the shed, illuminating the room, and Logan looked over and could clearly see Ororo’s puffy and blood shot eyes burning into his own.

“There’s nothing wrong with you darlin and I…”

“Then why, why did you and Victor treat me so badly. You both lied and told me things, made me believe I was special and when I started to feel things, when you’d gotten me where you wanted me, you dogged me out.” Logan had to bow his head shamefully at these words, this was the first time he could actually fully see and understand how he had hurt her. “I know I’m not a beauty queen like Jean and Emma, but I think I’m a good person with a good heart, that can give so much love. And I’m loyal and honest those are good traits I think, so why wasn’t that enough?” She asked and again buried her face against her knees and began to cry. Logan slowly slid to sit in front of her, he gently reached out and grasped her hand, and although Ororo didn’t pull away from him she did seem to cry harder, making her entire body shake with convulsions.

“Roro,” Logan called to her softly and gently, using the name he only whispered in her ear while they made love, slow and tenderly. “I’m so sorry for hurting you and as for Victor, I swear ta God if he did what I think he did, I’m gonna kill him,” He had to pause and reign in his anger.

“He didn’t rape me, believe it or not Jean was the one who told me that Victor had some kind of bet going to get me into to bed, so now to top all this off I owe her, and will have to thank her when I see her.” Ororo announced frowning a bit at the idea of it, while Logan danced for joy inside at the news that Victor hadn’t violated her in the way he had feared.

“I think Jubilee might have twisted Jean’s arm, literally, she was the one who told me and I went out to find you. Ya gotta know that none of this is your fault, it’s our fault, we’re the villains in this. And contrary ta what you believe you are beautiful, so beautiful it’s damn near intimidating, that’s why it took me so long to even talk to ya, you weren’t like all the other girls here, ya always seemed to know what you wanted and where you were going, and I never thought in a million years that you would ever give someone like me the time of day.”

“But I did and I also gave you my heart.” She intervened lifting her head to stare at him, which caused him to bow his again, unable to face the pain he saw in her eyes, a pain he knew he had help caused. “And I want it back.” She whispered in vain since Logan heard every word, and the words caused him joy inside, for she was acknowledging that she still loved him.

“If I were capable of giving it back to you Roro I would, but I’m not that strong and lets face it I’m a selfish bastard,” He joked and she giggled despite herself. “I love you, still…always and forever, and I’m gonna hold on to ya anyway I can, for as long as I can.” He spoke as he reached out and caressed her face, and she tried to shake him off.

“Don’t,” She mumbled as she shoved his hand away only to have him place it back against her face.

“I love you so much and I need you.” Logan said as he leaned in and pressed his forehead to hers.

“Don’t Logan,” She said as she closed her eyes trying to block the sensations Logan’s closeness was awakening in her. “Please don’t.” She whispered.

“I’m not asking you ta…I don’t wanna…we don’t have to doing anything you don’t wanna do, but can I just hold you, that’s all.”

“Why?”

“Cause like it or not Ro, yer inside of me, yer all around me, I’m drowning in you, and it feels like home. And I don’t want to lose that feeling, ever.”

“Just let me go,” Ororo whispered to him even as she allowed the full weight of her body to melt into his, which he welcomingly embraced in his arms.

“I don’t know how to let you go,” Logan whispered back against her hair as he shifted her upon his lap and cradled her inside his arms, where she lay silently and soon sound asleep.





You must login () to review.