“Hey there you are,” Jubilee said as she approached Ororo who stood at her locker. “So where’s your shadow?” She asked jokingly as Ororo rolled her eyes and giggled at her.

“He has shop class,” Ororo answered as she pulled out her history book and closed her locker door.

“Just as well, since ya got some free time what say we go shopping after our last class.” Jubilee suggested excitedly.

“Oh, I would love to Jubes…”

“I feel a ‘but’ coming on,” Jubilee said folding her arms across her chest as she tapped her feet.

“However,” Ororo said smiling devilishly and Jubilee smiled back despite her self. “Logan has tryouts this afternoon, and I have to go show my support.”

“For what, he’s been the captain of the football team since forever.”

“Yes but that is only because no one has ever gone up against him.”

“Yeah cause no one’s that stupid.” Jubilee said as she now leaned against a nearby locker.

“Well we have a new student, you remember Forge. He is trying out and he was the captain of his old team.”

“Whoa, and he’s gonna go up against Logan. Well it will probably be a blood match if Logan’s involved.”

“I have no doubt,” Ororo agreed.

“I guess I’ll go too, I love watching guys beat the crap out of each other, it just reaffirms what I have always thought to be true, we are the smarter sex.” Jubilee stated and Ororo nodded her head as they headed off the class.




Every student in the school filled the bleachers to watch the tryouts, which usually had no audience. Word about the new guy trying out to make captain had gotten around the school and everyone had come to watch what they expected to be an entertaining match up. Ororo and jubilee had gotten a sideline view, thanks to Logan and were both screaming their heads off as certain team members names were called, Logan’s name getting the loudest squeal. One by one the boys out on the field performed routine moves as the coaches critiqued them and when a break was called Logan made his way to where Ororo stood holding a glass of Gatorade.

“Thanks darlin,” He said with a wink as he hungrily drank it.

“You are looking very good out there.” Ororo commented with a sly smile.

“So, I’ve got all the right moves?” Logan asked smiling and suggestively wiggling his eyes are her.

“That and the fact that you are all hot and sweaty.” She added letting the tip of her tongue linger on her top teeth, shocking both Logan and Jubilee with her boldness. The moment was broken with swift smack on Logan’s back.

“Damn, when I heard you were good, I had no idea,” Forge said as he removed the helmet he had on. “I guess you’ll be the captain and I’ll come in second.” Logan simply ‘humphed’ at him as if to say I told you so. Forge then turned his attention to the ladies standing there. “Hello Roro, and Jubilee.”

“Her name is Ororo so call her that, better yet don’t call her name at all.” Logan said taking a step toward Forge only to have Ororo grip his arm, holding him still.

“I do not mind the name Logan, many call me that.”

“Yeah but I mind and I don’t want him callin ya that name.”

“She don’t seem to mind.” Forge said smiling a bit at the redness that was spreading across Ororo’s face and Logan’s. At that moment the whistle blew and the Coach called out.

“All right boys, let’s get into teams and have a friendly game of scrimmage.” A smile crossed Logan’s face as he glared at Forge who was walking back out onto the field. After placing a sweet kiss on Ororo’s cheek, Logan made his way to where Scott stood and leaned in to whisper something.

“What do you think that was all about, Logan and Scott have never been that close.” Jubilee said as Ororo shrugged and watched intensely. As the game started, with Scott picking Forge on his team, against Logan’s, it became evident to everyone that Logan had it in for the new kid, slamming him to the ground every chance he got, even ignoring the guy with the ball, and running right to Forge for the tackle. At the games end, Forge had a bloodied nose, mouth, and a large bump on the forehead.

“What the hell is your problem man?” Forge asked as everyone walked off the field having been given their position for the next season, with Logan team Captain and Forge taking Scott’s place as the second string.

“This aint touch football sweetcakes, if ya can’t handle it get tha fuck off the field.”

“It aint suppose to be a grudge match either.” Forge said and Logan stopped and turned, getting right up in Forge’s face, sneering.

“Then I suggest ya stay tha hell away from my gurl.” Logan said in a low growl of warning, sending a chill right through Forge who didn’t reply and Logan turned and walked off to where Ororo stood waiting.

“That boy has got some serious anger issues,” Forge grumbled to himself.

“Tell me about it,” Came a voice and Forge turned to look into the green eyes of a beautiful red haired girl. “That’s part of the reason I dumped him. Hey we haven’t met yet, I’m Jean Grey; Miss popular and head cheerleader.” She said with a bright smile. “So what did you say to set him off, hello?”

“Yeah, but to his girlfriend.”

“Oh I see,” Jean said. “Yeah he can be a bit possessive,” She said as she secretly wondered why he was never that way when they were dating. “I suggest you just stay clear of him altogether, especially ‘her’.” Jean said her voice dripping venom on the name.

“Why, he don’t scare me,” Forge declared and Jean arched an impressed brow to his brave words. “And I think Ororo’s a nice girl and if she don’t mind me talking to her, then I’ll keep doing so.”

“Ok, but it’s your funeral.” Jean said as she walked off having formulated a plan to break up Logan and Ororo, feeling it was going to be a lot easier then she had thought.




“Hey Morph,” A cheerful voice called out his name sweetly, and he stopped eating his lunch and turned to be stunned by the girl speaking to him.

“Ya talking to me?” He asked completely in shock.

“That is your name right?” She asked with a giggle as she flipped her thick red hair over her shoulder, taking the seat beside him. “You don’t mind me talking to you do you?”

“Uh, no in fact I’ve often dreamed about it… but you were naked and…”

“Morph!” She cut him off with a sour look on her face. “Look I need a favor, and you’re the only one who can help me with it.”

“Yeah what kind of favor?”

“Oh, just gonna play a joke on the new guy and Logan, here’s what I need you to do.”




“Hey Logan,” Logan looked up from locker and with a growl ducked back in to grab his books.

“Go away,” He commanded.

“God, Logan are you going to stay pissed with me forever? Can’t we be civil at least?” He slammed the locker door closed and watched his ‘Ex’ in suspicion. “Please Logan, I have a problem and you’re the only one that can help me.” Logan simply folded his arms across his chest and continued to glare at the girl in front of him. “Its about that new guy Forge,” Logan’s knuckles itched at hearing the name. “Well, I bumped into him after the tryouts today and well…he got a little fresh with me. I blew him off, cause ‘as if’,” She said rolling her eyes. “But I don’t think he got the message and, well I have Cheerleading tryouts today too and I was going to go meet Rogue out on the filed, you know for a last minute practice.” A growl emitting from Logan told her to speed the story up. “Anyway, He’s out there, right now and I’m kind of scared to go alone, and I heard you and him have beef, so I was wondering if you’d walk me out, just to the other side of the field where Rogue should be waiting for me. Please Logan, I know you may think I’m a bitch but you really won’t let someone hurt me would you?” She asked batting her lashes a bit.

“Save it Barbie,” He grumbled at her attempt of seduction. “I was headin out that way, anyways ta get my new uniform from coach, so ya can walk wit me but don’t touch me and don’t talk ta me.” He warned walking off and Jean, with a huge smile on her face, followed close behind.




“So what did you want to talk about and why did we have to come way out here?” He asked as she stood on the bleachers with the Nubian beauty.

“I just wanted to apologize for Logan’s behavior earlier.” The accented voice spoke softly.

“You don’t have to apologize Roro, Logan was the one being an asshole.”

“Yeah but it was because of me, so…”

“Don’t worry about it, if you were my girl I’d be the same way too.” Forge said flashing a smile, which was returned. “So, was there anything else?” He asked the suddenly distracted girl, who looked about them as if waiting for someone to arrive and when She saw Logan and Jean heading towards them, she smiled and leaned into Forge, placing a hand on his big forearm.

“I like you Forge, and I hope that we can become friends,” She said in a low sultry voice as she leaned in even closer. “Close, friends.” Forge arched a brow, as his smile got even wider, sucking up the seduction she was throwing out at him.

“Oh I think that can be arranged,” He said and then quickly grasped her into a deep kiss as she opened her eyes wide with fear.




“Thanks Logan, I think I can see Rogue out there and there’s Forge and…oh,” Jean said sounding surprised at the scene unfolding before them. Logan had already spotted the spectacle going on, on the bleachers and a low growl hummed in his chest and his Claws extracted on their own accord. “Whoa what a bitch.” Jean commented and Logan snapped his head to her, sending her a death glare and then he turned and headed towards the garage, and after a few second Jean watched as he sped away on his Motorcycle. With a satisfied smile she turned back to the bleachers.




“Mmmmhmh,” A muffled voice groaned as the person making the sound struggled, finally shoving off the person on them. “What the hell are you doing?”

“What the fuck!” Forge roared his eyes nearly falling out of his head. “Who the hell are you, and uhggg!” He asked spitting and wiping at his mouth, mimicking the very thing the boy in front of him was doing.

“The name is Morph and why the hell did you kiss me for? Ok this favor, joke, or whatever the hell you wanna call it has definitely gone too far. Jean didn’t say anything about you kissing me…yuck!” Morph said as he walked off still spitting on the ground and cursing Forge looked after him in confusion and then around him, praying no one saw what had happened, knowing it was a bad way to start off at a new school, kissing a boy.

Jean happily made her way across the field to where Rogue had been waiting for her, per Jean’s instruction. “Hey where ya been and why’d we have to meet out here anyhow?” Rogue asked as Jean continued looking like the cat who ate the canary. “What did you do?” Rogue asked knowingly.

“Oh, just setting the stage for some great fireworks, now we just sit back and watch.”




The next morning found Ororo waiting by Logan’s locker, wondering where he was and that’s how Jubilee found her.

“Hey Ro,”

“Oh hey Jubilee, have you seen Logan?” Ororo quickly asked.

“Naw, have you checked the cafeteria yet, it is breakfast ya know.” Jubilee said jokingly to her best friend.

“No, I mean he usually meets me here when I come down and we go in together.”

“What, you two have been like official for only a few weeks and already you’re on a routine, boring.” Jubilee joked as Ororo smirked at her and lead them into the cafeteria, which is where she instantly spotted Logan, which invoked a smile to her face as they made their way to the table that had become ‘their’ table.

“Hey guys,” Jubilee greeted as they stood before the table and Kurt immediately moved, allowing her to take what had become ‘her’ seat at the table. Ororo then moved to her seat beside Logan who simply looked down at his plate and continued eating, never even glancing her way, which she took note of.

“Good morning Logan,” She said leaning in for a kiss, which he shrugged off by turning away.

“It really aint.” He said in a low voice.

“Why, what is wrong?” She asked truly concerned.

“Why don’t you tell me darlin,” He said staring at her with a hard glare, the brims of his eyes red with anger and Ororo felt a fright grip her.

“Have I done something wrong?” She asked burrowing her brow in confusion to his sudden cold behavior.

“’Sides being a cunt and a whore, naw ya aint done nothing wrong,” Logan said loud enough to cause everyone at the table to stop in their movements and conversations.

“What the hell is your malfunction Logan?” Jubilee quickly jumped to her friend’s defense, as Ororo and Logan continued looking at each other; one with stunned and hurt eyes and the other with enraged, disgusted filled eyes.

“What ya found something bigger and better? Just wanted me ta pop tha cherry, break ya in,” Logan continued his rant and Ororo blinked back tears, looking as if she had just been smacked in the face, but she remained silent still waiting to hear the punch line in this very bad joke. “I thought ya were different, something special, but I shuda known when ya gave it up ta me after only knowin me fer a week, that you were easy. Stupid me.” Logan said sarcastically and loud enough that students at the tables beside them stopped their conversations and tuned into the action at the jock’s table, some whispering and others giggling at Ororo’s expense, as she still sat quietly her tear now flowing freely. Jubilee moved to her grasping her by her shoulders.

“Come on Ro let’s get outta here, before I have to hurt someone.” She spat as she glared at Logan. Ororo remained seated unable to move her suddenly heavy limbs.

“Yeah go, I’m sure Forge is waitin fer ya.” Logan chuckled and Ororo’s forehead knotted at his words. “I just hope he knows he’s getting my sloppy seconds.”

“Das enough, Mon ami.” A Cajun accent cut in, as Gambit now stood beside the couple. “Com on Stormy,” He spoke softly gripping her arm and gently pulling her to her feet as she continued to stare at Logan. “Go wit Jubilee, Cherie.” He said as he guided the seemingly comatose girl into her friend’s waiting arm.

“Come on Ro, you don’t need to listen do this jerk.” Ororo sniffed back more tears as her eyes fell to nearby classmates who were snickering at her, she then turned back to Logan who had gone back to finishing his breakfast and ignoring her, before allowing Jubilee to lead her from the room. “I’m so sorry Ro. What the hell got into Logan, did you two have a fight?” She asked Ororo as they stood in the hallway outside the cafeteria. Ororo shook her head as she stood wondering what could have happened to make Logan so mad and hurtful. “You wanna go up to my room?” She offered and Ororo simply shook her head no.

“I just want to be alone for awhile.” Ororo said as she turned and walked off not allowing her friend to protest, and Jubilee sadly watched her go. At that moment Forge came around a corner heading to the cafeteria. “Whoa, I wouldn’t go in there if I were you. I think Logan’s on the rampage and your name came up…”

“Yeah I know, and I gotta talk to him.”

“Ok, we’re having a failure to communicate here. So let me break it down for you, if you.” She said point at him. “Go in there.” She then pointed to the cafeteria door. “Logan’s gonna rip your head off.” She ended wrapping her hands around her throat, acting out being choked.

“I’ll take my chances.” Forge said as he walked past her.

“It’s your head.” Jubilee shrugged as she walked back into the room after him.




She had made her way to her favorite spot out by the lake, and there she sat balling her eyes out as she willed a gentle rain shower directly over the lake. She didn’t understand what had happened between she and Logan that would cause him to go off on her like he had.

“Hello Ororo,” A voice spoke out, startling her and she turned to her unwelcome intruder.

“Please go away,” She said as she turned back to stare at her rain shower, which had grown in size.

“What are you doing out here and are you crying?” He asked as he sat beside her.

“I do not want to talk about it Morph please go away.” She said with a sigh but then turned to him out of curiosity. “ What are you doing out here anyway?”

“Hiding,”

“From who?”

“Your boyfriend, I guess he didn’t think the joke was funny I know Forge didn’t, not the mention that I’ll be needing therapy myself.” He rambled on.

“Logan is no longer my boyfriend he just dumped me in front of everyone, he even called me a whore, but I do not know why, and what are you talking about, what ‘joke’?”

“Oh, man Ororo I’m so sorry.” Morph said with guilty eyes.

“Why you are not at fault,” Ororo said.

“Yeah I kind of am.”

“Morph what are you talking about?”

“Well, Jean…”





You must login () to review.