Xavier Institute
Early Morning

The sun rose slowly over the horizon, embracing in it‘s warm rays the dark brown boathouse beside the lake, the morning light reflecting off the glass, shimmering and dancing.
Logan awoke slowly, stretching lazily, his chest brushing against the back of the angel laying next to him. Instantly he felt the surge of heat through his body. Ororo. His wife. His only.
They had spent all of yesterday celebrating their one year anniversary. It had been a fantastic day full of surprises and romance for each other. He had woken her with breakfast in bed and she had surprised him with a card. Later, he had led her along a white rose petal trail, laid out by Jubilee, to a gazebo set up by Peter and Kurt by the lake, where everyone had been waiting for them, and much to Ororo’s delight, Scott included.
Logan had pulled her out onto the lawn and in front of everyone he knelt in front of her. “I’ve done some bad things in my life, darlin’, traveled some dark roads. But now I have you as my light, and I want ta do this right, babe. Not some hurried Vegas ceremony, but right. With our friends and family present. So, Ororo N’Dare Munroe will you marry me? Again?” He opened the black box in his hand, holding a platinum and diamond inlaid band up for her.
Ororo had blinked back tears. “Yes,” she whispered. “Always, yes!”
Logan surged to his feet, swinging her around in his arms.
The ceremony was charming, with Ororo and Logan in the center of the gazebo, a hired Justice presiding. Cheers and applause broke out as Logan dipped her over his arm, kissing her soundly before the words “You may kiss your bride” had even left the Justice’s mouth.
“I love ya, ‘Ro.” he’d said into her lips.
“And I love you, Logan.” she’d replied.
Ororo had a surprise of her own for Logan and while they were strolling the courtyard a large delivery truck had arrived. She had grabbed his hand and tugged him towards it. The back of the delivery truck opened up and the most beautiful bike Logan had ever seen was rolled down the ramp. “’Ro?”
“I know how much you missed the bike you left in California, so I contacted Forge and had him make you a one of a kind. Happy Anniversary.”
Logan was speechless. The machine was sleek and powerful, black and chrome with traces of electric blue. They had departed immediately for a ride and hadn’t returned until much later. Ororo had been flushed from both the ride and his stop at their secluded spot where he had proceeded to ravish her under the warm afternoon sun.
Looking at her now Logan couldn’t believe how blessed he was to have her in his life, to have her tied to him for always. His.
Without thought his hands and mouth roamed her body, touching and tasting. He was very familiar with every inch of her skin, knew every hollow, knew every ticklish spot, and every place that made her moan. He moved lower, trailing his mouth across her stomach, and lower still. She still smelled of the bubble bath she had taken after their last bought of lovemaking and he grinned. Ororo liked to be clean. He pushed the sheets past her hip, wanting to taste her, wanting her to awaken with his head buried between her magnificent thighs, in the troughs of erotic pleasure that only he could bring her.
She was hot and sweet like flowing nectar, so soft and warm he wanted to crawl inside her. Logan knew the moment Ororo awoke, knew the second she realized what he was doing to her. “Logan!” she cried out his name in a voice still groggy with sleep and breathless with passion; he was absolutely certain it was the most exciting sound he’d ever heard. Her body moved against his mouth, restless and needy, burning for him. Only him. She cried out again, her hands clutching at his hair, trying to yank him up to her so that she could feel him, hot and inside of her.
Logan gave her one last swirl of his tongue before blanketing her body with his, and sliding into her in one smooth velvety stroke. She gasped, clasping to him like a living vine, riding the firestorm raging between them. She nuzzled his chest, helplessly whimpering as he drove into her again and again. “God, angel,” he groaned. “I need ya so much.” His voice held a plea in it that was darkly enticing and unbearably romantic.
“I’m yours,” she said on a breathless moan.
His gaze smoldered down at her, dark and dangerous. There was stark possessiveness in his feral eyes, and hunger and desire and love. “I don’t think I’ll ever get enough of ya,” he warned, lifting her hips against him as he reared back. They both tensed and fragmented, coming together in a raging whirlwind of emotion and need. Ororo screamed his name and Logan felt himself smile in male satisfaction. Mine.

Later

Ororo nestled on the couch, her favorite fluffy robe tied securely about her waist, her bunny slippers tapping against the cushions as she sat reading the newspaper, her body deliciously tender from Logan’s endless possession. All night he had been both tender and wild, gentle and untamed. His eyes never lost their hungry glow, always reflecting raw lust and need when he looked at her. It had certainly been an anniversary to remember. Ororo gave a soft laugh. Goddess, she was becoming aroused just thinking about him.
“’Ro. I’m about two seconds away from draggin’ yer sweet ass back upstairs and keeping ya occupied fer the rest of the day,” Logan warned from the kitchen where he was cooking breakfast.
Ororo laughed throatily and she heard Logan slam the pan onto the stove. With a threatening growl he swung himself over the bar separating the two rooms, rushing into the living room. Ororo laughed, tossing the throw pillows from the couch at him and let out a high pitched squeal as he leapt at her. She evaded, rolling off the couch and swinging another pillow, she felt a satisfying ‘whump’ as it connected with his head.
“Ye’ll pay fer that,” he said with snarl. Ororo screamed as he jumped across the back of the couch, tipping it over and charging her. She took off down the hall, laughing so hard she couldn’t see. She felt his strong arms wrap around her waist and he hauled her back into the house just seconds after she had pushed her way out the back screen door. He gently pinned her to the ground, holding her wrists locked together in one hand as he straddled her chest. “Beg fer mercy,” he commanded.
“Never!” she defied.
“Witch!” He proceeded to tickle her unmercifully, making her wiggle and scream.
“Logan! Ahhh! Stop!” Tears leaked from her eyes, her breath coming in pants between gales of laughter. “Stop!”
“Stormy!!” Gambit burst through the front door, three glowing cards in hand, a look of dark retribution in his face.
“Remy!” Ororo tilted her head back from her position on the floor, blowing strands of silken snow from her face.
“Doorbell broken, Gumbo?” Wolverine asked dryly, releasing Ororo’s wrists and helping her to her feet. She swatted his arm playfully, and he pinched her rear.
“I t’ought dat Stormy was…never mind.” The cards fizzled and he gave them a sheepish grin. “Smells good in ‘ere.” He took a deep breath, removing his coat and sitting at the table. “What’s for breakfast, homme?”
“Southern fried Cajun.” -SNIKT-
“Omelets.” Ororo interjected. She leaned into Logan, kissing him on his cheek. “I’m going to shower and get dressed. You boys behave.”
Once Ororo was out of the room and Logan heard the shower running, he turned to Gambit. “Where’s Ali?”
“Here.” Alison stepped through the front door. In her arms was a large bouquet of white flowers, lilies and roses and orchids. All of which Ali had saved from the gazebo decorations and put together for Ororo. “Where’s Storm?”
“She’s in the shower,” Logan said.
Alison nodded, laying the flowers on the table beside their empty plates. “I need a vase.” Logan opened the cupboard under the sink, pulling out one of ‘Ro’s crystal prism vases, hading the thick container to Alison. She arranged the flowers, adding water when they were just right. “Perfect,” she said with a satisfied smile.
“Wolvie!” Jubilee strolled into the boathouse unannounced, carrying a small walkman. “What’s for breakfast?”
“Looks like eggs, pancakes and bacon Jubes.” Ali said, making her way into the kitchen and bumping Logan aside with her hips so that she could reach the coffee maker.
For a moment Gambit was arrested by Ali in the morning light, the sun causing hints of red to burn in her dark hair, her ocean eyes dancing with mischief, her rosy mouth quirked at the sides. She was dressed in her usual off the shoulder tank and dark pants attire, her hair wild and spiky around her head, but he’d never seen anyone so beautifully feminine before.
“Gambit?” She caught him staring.
He shook himself. “Jus’ t’inkin’, petite.”
“That explains the drool,” Jubilee said pulling out one of the kitchen chairs and taking a seat. “What happened to the couch?”
Ali gave the tipped over piece of furniture a look. “Looks like Storm and Wolverine had one of their wrestling matches again.”
Jubilee gave Ali an incredulous look. She turned to Wolverine. “You’re so weird,” she said.
Logan hefted the couch upright again. “This comin’ from the kid with permanent marker stains on her arms from where she doodles on herself?”
“Well, you won’t take me to get a tattoo,” she complained.
Ali glanced at Jubes over her shoulder. “I’ll take ya.”
Wolverine grumbled at her. “Like hell ya will, Alison.”
“So grumpy in the morning.” Ali winked at him pouring herself a cup of coffee. “I think I’ll take this outside. Holler when breakfast is ready.”
“Since when am I feedin’ the whole damn institute?”
“Your not, just a few friends.” Ali smiled as she pushed her way out the front door.
Gambit watched her leave, an ache in his heart.
Wolverine watched silently, strolling back into the kitchen and pouring himself a cup of the fresh coffee. There was something bothering Gumbo, he could smell the tension on him, almost taste it.
“Knock. Knock.” Betsy Braddock opened the door. “Good morning, gentlemen.”
“Bets.” Wolverine greeted by way of grunt.
“Is Storm around?”
“Getting dressed. Why?” He watched Betsy through hooded eyes.
“I was hoping to get some sparring in this morning.” She let her dark robe fall open, revealing the form fitting ninja suit underneath.
Jubilee snorted. “I think I just lost my appetite.”
Wolverine gave her a reproachful look. Jubilee shrugged pulling her headphones onto her head and ignoring them.
“Not today.” Wolverine said. “Storm’s got plans.”
“Oh?”
“Maybe the Cajun here can give ya a workout.” Wolverine indicated a surprisingly silent Gambit.
“Well?” Betsy asked, tilting her head and flashing Gambit a sultry smile. “You want to come work me out?”
Wolverine raised a brow, not missing the way she worded the question. He was all for powerful women with healthy sex drives, but Bets exuded it like her own personal perfume. She was sexy and deadly and smart and seductive, all of which made her a great lay and a lethal adversary.
“Non.” Gambit snapped. He shouldered past the dark haired beauty without so much as an excuse me and went onto the porch with Ali, wrapping his arms around her from behind and whispering something decidedly naughty in her ear.
Betsy watched him go, her eyes narrowing a bit.
Wolverine smirked. “Not used to being turned down, Bets?”
She ignored his comment. “Tell Storm I stopped by,” she said coldly and was gone, the door banging shut behind her.
“She’s a piece of work,” Jubilee muttered.
Wolverine sat across from her. “Why don’t ya like Bets? She’s alright.”
“I dunno. She just reminds me of the cat who got the cream, or with the cream, or wants the cream…I don’t know some kind of cat and cream analogy.” Jubilee said with a shrug. “She’s too…”
“Blatantly sexual?” Ororo descended the staircase, taking Wolverine’s breath from his throat. She smiled at his expression. She was wearing a simple white dress with spaghetti straps, the material drooping in the front to reveal a modest view of her ample cleavage, the hem floating around her ankles. It complimented her dark skin perfectly, moving on her like it was made specifically for her. She wore the bracelet he had given her and his old cowboy hat. “Betsy’s not bad, Jubilee. She’s just uninhibited. It’s one of the things I like most about her.”
“Yeah, right. Uninhibited. Is that a nice way to say loose?”
“Jubilee.” Wolverine rumbled. He stood from the table, prowling towards Storm with an appreciative gleam in his eye.
“I take it you like my new dress?” she asked when he continued to stare.
“Darlin’, you do like ta drive a man crazy,” he said reaching her and pulling her into his arms.
“Are those for me?” She asked over his shoulder as he hugged her, noticing the display of beautiful flowers on the table.
“Yes.” He nuzzled her neck, pulling her hips into his.
Ororo gasped softly. “You’re gonna slice up my new dress, aren’t you?” she whispered in his ear.
“Yes.” He kissed her. “But not now. We got company.” The way he said it implied he was less than thrilled, but the twinkle in his eye told her that he was content.
“Hey Storm,” Ali called from outside.
Ororo pushed open the door, stepping into the warm sunshine on the porch. The person greeting her as she stepped out caused an excited gasp to come from her. “Scott!” She stepped forward kissing him on his cheek. “What are you doing here?”
“Hey.” He was leaning heavily on crutches, Jean right beside him, her face alight with both delight and concern. “I wanted to surprise you.”
“I am so happy you’re here,” she said sincerely.
Logan stepped onto the porch behind ‘Ro. “Scott. Jean.”
“Would you care to join us for breakfast?” Ororo asked.
“Wolverine?” Scott questioned.
“There’s plenty.” he confirmed.
“Then yeah. I could go for some real food.”
At the table conversation was easy and light. Jean commented on what a lovely ceremony they’d had the other day.
“I still like the Vegas ceremony better,” Ali said reaching for the salt.
“Ha. Do you even remember the Vegas ceremony?” Ororo teased.
“Bits and pieces,” Ali defended laughingly.
“That was such a nice surprise,” Ororo said, caressing the new ring on her finger. The original gold band was now around her neck on a chain.
Ali nodded. “Who knew your hubby was such a romantic.”
Ororo laughed. She knew. She twined her fingers around his under the table.
“This is really good,” Jean said, chewing her eggs.
“Wolvie’s a great cook,” Jubilee said with some authority. More often than not she ate her supper with Ororo and Logan and he was often the cook. Storm had told her it relaxed him, and he enjoyed doing it. “You should try his ‘grows hair on yer balls’ southern steak and potatoes.”
Scott raised one eyebrow over his ruby sunglasses. “Really?”
“Mmhm.” Jubilee smiled. “It must work. Look at how hairy the man is.” She grinned at Logan. He leveled her a gray eyed stare. She shoved a forkful of pancake into her mouth.
Scott grimaced, leaning to the right. Jean was immediately there, holding his hand. “Are you alright?”
“Fine.” He sat a bit stiffer in the chair a scowl on his still bruised face.
“Jean, quit babying the man,” Logan said. “Scooter’s soft enough as it is.”
Ororo gave Logan a look beneath veiled lashes. He squeezed her fingers reassuringly under the table.
Wolverine gave Cyclops a brief once over. The boy was beaten and bruised, in definite need of recuperation, but alive and recovering. Scott was a proud man and wouldn’t like being catered to.
“Pass me the syrup, Fearless,” Ororo said. There was a wealth of affection in the nickname, a bond had forged between her and Scott during the their capture, and it would not be easily broken. As the small jar of maple syrup, hand tapped from Logan during a trip to Vermont passed between them an incessant beeping pierced the air.
*X-Men!*
“That’s us!” Ororo stood, kissing Logan on the mouth. “Thanks for breakfast. Gambit and Jean, let’s go.”
Logan stood as if to follow before remembering he and Ali were suspended from active duty. He growled watching as the three of them rushed out the front door.
“This blows.” Ali grumbled shoving her plate away.


Austria

“Damn!” Ororo rolled across the ground, narrowly evading several whistling bullets aimed at her from snipers along the walls of a semi collapsed building. “Beast!” she called.
Hank swung from a lamp post, his agility and speed amazing given the sheer size of him. He pulled Storm to her feet, hefting her over his shoulder and flipping out of the way of a grenade explosion.
“I do not believe the natives are thrilled with our munificent assistance.”
“It would appear not,” she confirmed.
She and her teams had arrived minutes ago in hopes to diffuse a brewing altercation between a group of mutants and an angry crowd of volatile mutant-haters. Negotiation was not an option, as the crowd opened fire on sight of the Blackbird and not only did they now have to deal with the mad-on mutant haters, but the mutants they had been attempting to save had apparently been looking forward to the fight and were a bit pissed at the X-Men for crashing their party.
“Beast, get as many innocent civilians as you can clear.”
“Your wish is my command,” he kissed her hand.
“Why Henry McCoy if I wasn’t a married woman!” she smiled at him as he loped away. “Jean, can you locate Kurt?” Storm asked into her comm.
“Wherever he is he’s out because I can’t reach him via mind link.”
“Iceman. Status.”
“Uhm, we’re still getting shot at! Colossus can’t hold ‘em off much longer. Crimeney! That was almost my face. I like my face! They almost shot me in the face!”
“We aren’t leaving without my Crawler, guys, so find him!” Chips of brick fell into her eyes as the wall behind her was pinged with bullets.
“Padnat!” She was hit by Gambit, rolling her across the dirt. “You need t’ be more careful, chere.” He scolded yanking her to her feet and running away from the bullets spraying the street.
“Incoming!!” Jean hollered over the comm.
Ororo and Gambit looked up to see a small car hurtling through the air directly at them. Storm gave an angry wave of her arm, flinging the car away with a blast of hurricane force winds. They avoided several more attacks, the minutes ticking by like hours.
“Storm.”
“Peter?”
“We found Kurt.”
“Thank the Goddess--Ugh!” She was hit in the chest by a high powered bullet.
“Stormy!! Merde.” Gambit drug her in between two buildings. “Storm!!” He was frantically trying to see her wound.
“R-Remy. Be quiet.” Ororo panted sitting up. “The stuff that these uniforms are made from makes Kevlar look like Jello. I’m fine, just winded.” She crouched low, scouring the street for signs of her team. “Marvel Girl. Location?”
“Hovering about half a mile away from you.”
Storm pressed her hand to her bruised chest. “Do a fly by.” she said. “Low and fast and loud.”
Gambit whipped out another deck of cards, tossing the cardboard onto the ground. Ororo gave him a look and he grumblingly picked it up and shoved it in his trench coat pocket. “In da middle of a damn war zone an’ you wanna worry ‘bout litter.”
“Storm!” Too late the warning came and Ororo felt the walls surrounding her collapsing. No! She shoved Gambit away from her as the rubble closed around her, blocking out the sky and surrounding her in tight darkness.





You must login () to review.