Xavier Institute
Med lab

Ororo sat numb, listening dazedly to what Hank was telling her. His furry blue features blurred in front of her, glittering tears slipping past dark lashes, sliding down her face, momentarily disconcerting the good doctor.
“Do you understand everything that I have told you?” Henry crouched in front of Ororo, holding her slender hands in his meaty paw-like ones.
Through the rushing in her ears she heard her voice, far away. “Yes.”
“I have already alerted the Professor to the situation. We’ll do everything we can, Storm. There are a lot of dif-”
Ororo hopped from the table, holding the back of the blue and white checkered johnny closed. “I know you will.” she interrupted. She hugged him with her one free arm, and kissed his furry cheek gently. “I have to go find Wolverine.”
“Would you like me to come with you. To explain?”
Ororo shook her head. “I don’t think that’ll be necessary.”
Hank watched her pick up her clothes from the chair she had folded them on top of. “You are not going to tell him, are you?”
“What? Of course I am going to tell him. It’s not like I could keep it a secret even if I wanted to with that nose of his.”
Henry grasped her shoulder. “Tell him everything, Storm.”
She shrugged away from him. “I will tell him.”
“Everything.”
“What he needs to know.”
“Storm-”
“Hank.” She closed her eyes, taking a deep breath. “This is a miracle. I will not ruin it with trepidation and…and distress over things that can’t be avoided.”
“I have every intention of using every source the Professor has to help you.”
“Thank you.” Storm gave him a solemn look. “I know you will. Now, where’s Ali?”
“With Cecilia getting some prenatal vitamins, and the run down on the things she can and can‘t participate in.”
Ororo smirked. “Bet she’s loving that.”
“She will adjust.” He hesitated. “Storm…”
She gave him a gentle smile. “Don’t look so sad, Henry. This is a happy day. Now shoo so I can get dressed.”
He chuckled. “Dear girl I have just seen all the secrets you have to offer.”
“Funny. Still, get out.” She pinched his furry butt through his lab coat.
Ororo waited until the door slid shut behind her overly large friend before quickly dressing in her faded jeans and yellow camisole top. She smiled softly, sinking into the chair, her mind whirling in chaos. She placed her hand over her lower abdomen. A baby. A miracle. Hers and Logan’s child.
The door slid open and Ali strolled in, dark hair tucked behind her ears, her standard tank replaced by a body hugging, long sleeved green and red top that read: Naughty Girls Need Love Too. “Well?”
Ororo looked up. “Looks like baby Blaire is going to have a cousin.”
“No fuckin’ way!”
“Way.”
“Holy crap!” Ali paused. “Wait. Shit for brains told me you couldn’t have kids.”
“Apparently we were wrong.” Ororo stood. “I need to find my husband.”
Ali nodded, a smug smile on her face. “What do you think he’ll say?”
“Oh, probably: ‘What? Are ya serious, darlin‘? Sit down!’” Storm lowered her voice to a growly timbre.
“That sounds about right.” They walked in silence for a minute.
“You need to tell him.” Storm said to Ali. They walked through the corridor towards the school’s lobby, nodding in silent greeting to several of the younger students.
Ali shook her head. “I don’t have to.”
“Yes you do.”
“Why? I don’t want him in my life anymore. I can do this without him.”
“I’m sure you can Ali. But, it’s his child and he has a right to know.”
Ali grunted, then grudgingly, “Hnh.”
Ororo laughed. “You’ve been spending way to much time with Wolverine.”
Once outside the girls descended the white stone steps, strolling into the courtyard talking quietly to each other.
“Alison.” Warren was striding towards them, his gold hair glinting in the sun, his bare chest a golden tan, looking every inch the creature he was codenamed for. “I stopped by the boathouse but you weren’t there.”
“Obviously, Winger.” Ali raised a brow.
“Right.” He smiled sheepishly. “Good morning, Storm.”
“Hi, Warren.”
“Could I steal you away for a minute, Ali?”
“Um, sure. Catch up with you later, Stormy.”
Ororo watched Alison and Warren walking away, noticing how his wings shifted subtly, opening a bit further as of to encompass Alison. Warren had a thing for Ali? Storm felt a momentary stab of sadness for her brother. Louse though he was, she truly believed he had strong feelings for Ali. She sighed. She couldn’t fix Gambit’s messes for him anymore. He needed to grow up sometime. Time to face some real consequences for his frivolous actions.
Ororo was still holding her abdomen when she arrived at the lower field where Wolverine was working on hand to hand with Colossus. He had finally caved and started teaching a class. Voluntary students only. Wolverine said he didn’t want to teach a bunch of snot nosed little punks that were forced to be there. They either wanted to learn his aggressive lessons, or they stayed the fuck away. She watched from a short distance, taking a seat on the grass, enjoying the sight of him in action. He was raw power and ferocious energy. She bit her lip as Colossus landed a blow to Wolverine’s midsection, sending him through the air. He flipped back, holding his ribs, landing a few feet away, fangs bared.
“Good.” he grunted. “Next time I don’t wantchya ta hesitate. Hit hard and hit fast. Now go get me a beer.” He clasped Colossus’s forearm. Two warriors leaving the field. He was bending to pick up his discarded shirt when he caught her scent. Summer rain on sandalwood fields. He lifted his head, dark eyes locked on her. Ororo.
“Hey.” She stood as he came forward, strands of cloud colored hair escaping the hold she had on them as she pushed her thick mass from her face.
“Darlin’.” He leaned forward, brushing a kiss across her cheek. “How was yer visit with Hank?”
Ororo smiled a giddy smile. “Come here.” She took his hand, leading him to one of the shadowed corners of the Institute. When they were hidden from prying eyes she gave him a smoldering look, taking his hand and pressing it to her flat stomach.
Logan stared at her questioningly, but as she continued to smile her dazzling smile, realization dawned. “’Ro?” he barely got her name out.
“We’re having a baby,” she whispered excitedly.
Logan stood stupid for a full twenty seconds. “A baby?”
“Yeah, you know, a tiny little version of us.” she teased.
She felt his fingers flex involuntarily on her stomach. When he still didn’t say anything she grew concerned. Maybe he didn’t want children. Maybe he wasn’t ready. Maybe he--
Logan pulled Ororo into his arms, his mouth devouring hers in a passionate kiss, his teeth nipping her lower lip as he growled in pleasure. Ororo, pregnant, with his baby. Christ! How lucky could one man get? He felt her tension at his hesitance to respond and he sought to soothe it away. He nuzzled her neck beneath her ear. “I love ya, angel.”
“You’re happy about this, right?” she was still a little uncertain.
He pulled back so that she could see the smile on his face. “Happy ain’t even in the same ball park as ta what I’m feelin’ now, darlin’.” He cradled her face between his hands, his mouth moving over hers in slow seduction, making her moan. He teased her tongue with the very tip of his own. “Can we still…?”
Ororo sighed softly, molding her body to his. “Mmmhm.”
“Good.” -Snikt-
Ororo gasped, wide-eyed. “Logan, anyone could come around the corner.”
“Makes it interesting, “ he rasped, huskily, backing her up until she was pressed against the bricks and ivy. He trailed his finger tips along her collar bone, one, lone blade sliding under the this strap of her camisole, cool against hot skin. Ororo bit her lip, reflexively arching into him. He growled at her trust. He ran his claw back and forth slowly, teasingly.
“Logan,” she moaned.
“Fuck, I love the way ya say my name.”
Ororo smiled seductively. She pressed her hips to his, rocking slightly. “I love the was y you feel.”
Logan was lowering his head to hers when an explosion shook the ground and a blood curdling scream rent the air. Wolverine snapped his head up, catching the familiar scent of phosphorous wake. Gumbo.
“What is it?” Ororo moved around him, heading for the front of the school. Her hand flew to her mouth. “Remy!” she hollered, racing forward. Wolverine grabbed her arm.
“I’ll handle this,” he growled. “Gumbo!”
Gambit didn’t even turn, he kept his glowing red eyes on his target. He flicked another card from his fingers, it soared, narrowly missing the winged mutant it was aimed at.
“Back off, man!” Warren yelled from the air. He was sporting a bloody nose and a split lip.
“I saw you, salaud! Touchin’ ‘er!” Two more cards flew. Gambit was enraged, his hands glowing bright. “Get down ‘ere!! Face me like a man!!”
“The kid don’t got a chance against ya, Cajun. Leave him be.” Wolverine stalked the fired up Cajun charmer, his black eyes watching him carefully. Wolverine knew the signs of someone over the edge and Gambit was way over the edge.
“Stay da fuck outta dis!” he shot over his shoulder. “Dis between me and da bird-boy.”
“Not when yer disturbin’ the students and more importantly my wife. Let it go, Cajun.”
Warren took advantage of the distraction to attempt to fly away, but Gambit noticed, sending a barrage of cards into the air. Two connected with Warren’s right wing, sending him to the ground hard. No one moved. Gambit snapped his bo staff open, a look of deadly fury on his face.
Wolverine wasted no more time on words, he lunged, catching the agile Cajun off guard and flinging him to the ground. He straddled him, blocking Gambit’s angry swing with his claws, adamantium clashing adamantium. “Someone get fly-boy outta here!” he ordered. Several female students rushed forward, helping a badly beaten Angel to his feet.
“Get da fuck off me, homme.” Gambit swore, grunting in an effort to remove the three hundred pound mutant from his chest. Watching warren limp away with furious eyes.
“Not until ya calm down, mop top”
“Don’ you dare give me shit ‘bout my hair.” Gambit ground out. He reached out, touching Wolverine’s claws with one glowing hand. “Let go.”
“Don’t do it, Gumbo. Ya won’t like the consequences.”
“Dat fucker was kissing Ali.”
“Yeah? And?”
Gambit jerked his hand away, covering his face as the skin around Wolverine’s left arm was torn off by the explosion.
“REMY!!” Storm was furious.
“No.” Wolverine held out his good hand. “You stay put.” He bared his fangs at Gambit, pressing him back into the ground. “Ya lost any right ya had ta Ali the second ya stuck yer dick in Bets.”
Gambit winced. “I didn’ mean ta ‘urt ‘er.”
“Don’t feed me yer excuses. I ain’t interested. Ya screwed up, treated her like shit and now yer done.” Gambit finally kicked himself loose, rolling away and standing.
“Like you’re so fuckin’ perfect? Like you never ‘urt Stormy? You t’ink I don’ know what you did t’ her? I saw ‘er, you animal! After you left, walked out on ‘er, your wife. Fuckin’ left! I saw da marks, all da blood. Or did you conveniently forget dat too//, Wolverine? Forget you raped your own wife?! No, you don’ get to lecture me on ‘ow to treat a woman!”
Wolverine moved like lightning, and smashed his fist into Gambit’s face, less out of anger at the Cajun and more at the buried rage Gambit’s words brought up. Of course he remembered that night. Another punch. Fucker. Wolverine tackled him.
Gambit collapsed his staff, charging the metal full capacity. He grabbed Wolverine’s pants as the tips of three claws touched his cheek. Both men glared at each other, one with devil red eyes glowing, the other with long canine’s bared. Gambit cocked an eyebrow. “’Ow mad d’you t’ink Stormy be if I blow off yer family jewels?”
“Probably slightly more pissed than when yer head tumbles across the lawn.”
Suddenly a cold spray of water hit the two men, making them break apart and scramble. They stood, dripping and glaring at the dark haired woman holding the fire hose in her hands. Ali pushed the valve handle forward, cutting off the spray.
“Aww, c’mon! I wanted to see how the fight was gonna end!” Jubilee grumbled from her seated position in the grass. “’Course I was rootin’ for Wolvie, but man…what a let down.”
Ali gave her a dark look, then turned it on the two waterlogged men in front of her. “You boys go play Alpha Male elsewhere.”
“Ali--” Gambit stepped towards her. WHOOOSHHHH!!!
Ali unleashed the hose again. “Don’t speak.” she said. “Now, here’s what we’re gonna do. Wolverine, go hug your pregnant wife and tell her you love her, because from the look on her face you’re about fifteen seconds away from severe ass scars courtesy of Stormy shoving a couple thousand volts up your ass. Tall-dark-and-too-stupid-to-know-a- good-thing when he’s got it, get your soggy ass up to the loft. I’ll be up as soon as I calm down and don’t want Wolverine to show me what your spleen looks like.”
Jubilee got to her feet. “Damn.” She leaned in close and whispered for Ali only, “Those hormones kicking in early or what?”
Ali gave her a startled look. “How…?”
“Jubilee knooooows…” Jubilee waved her arms and fingers in a mystical fashion.
“Jubilee snoooooops,” Ali countered. “She turned, pointing the nozzle of the hose at Jubes. “Run.”
“Ahh!!” Jubilee took off.When she was in the school Ali dropped the hose. “Move it, Rem. We got shit to settle.”
“Yes.” he walked past her. “Did I ever mention der’s somet’in about an ultra independent punk babe weildin’ a fire’ose dat jus’ gets dis Cajun boy all hot an spicy.”
Ali rolled her eyes. “And to think, I once found that charming. Move it Jumbolia!” She tossed Storm a look over her shoulder and Storm smiled her support.
Wolverine wrapped one wet arm around Ororo’s waist, his eyes on Gambit. He felt Storm touch his healing arm, could smell the ozone building, then gone. He looked at her, and she took a deep breath. “No powers for awhile,” she said. “Doctor’s orders.”
Wolverine bent his head to hers, intent upon kissing her lush lips and rekindling what they started beside the building.
*Wolverine.*
Damn. He growled. *If someone ain’t dead, or needs ta be, I’m busy.*
*Nick Fury is on his way here.*
*Lahdeedah. Want me ta bake cupcakes. Busy.*
*He’s acquired new information on the Weapon X program.*
Wolverine stiffened. *What?*
*I think you’d best come to my office.*
Wolverine broke contact, looking at Ororo and feeling a terrible unease wash over him. He pulled her tight against him, uncaring that several students were still milling about.
“Wolverine?”
“I gotta go.” he kissed her fiercely. “Love ya.” He strode into the mansion, fighting the urge to grab her and run for the hills as far and as fast as they could go.





You must login () to review.