Xavier Institute
Boathouse
Dawn

“Hey, kiddo.”
Jubilee groaned groggily, rolling over to peer up at the man standing above her in jeans and leather coat. She blinked a few times, rubbing her eyes.
“Wolvie?” she whispered.
“Yeah, pumpkin. Whatchya doin’ on the couch?”
Jubilee sat up, yawning. “Iwokeupcouldn’tfindSormwantedtowaitforher.”
Wolverine tensed, his voice a soft growl. “Couldn’t find her? Where is she?”
The screen door opened and Gambit strolled in carrying a sleeping Ororo. “She’s ‘ere, homme.”
Wolverine straightened, his heart rate doubling at the sight of his beautiful wife, curled content against Gambit’s chest. Her hands fisted in his shirt, her hair slightly damp and curling around her face. She looked peaceful. He moved towards them, holding his arms out to take her.
Gambit took a step back, pulling Ororo tighter against his chest. He wasn’t ready to let her go yet…
“Gumbo.” Wolverine growled the warning softly.
Gambit strived for a nonchalant smile, “She’s been out like a light for awhile.” He relinquished his hold, two fingers pressing his lips, then hers. “G’night, Stormy.” He cleared his throat and left the boathouse like he was being chased by the hounds of hell.
“What’s up with him?” Jubilee asked, not missing the look on Gambit’s face as he left.
Wolverine didn’t reply, he was staring down at Ororo. He had missed her like nothing else, wanting her near him. He had really wanted her when he had learned he was responsible for Mariko’s condition. He had felt like a monster of the worst kind, and he knew his Ororo would banish the darkness.
“Mmmnn…” Ororo snuggled in his arm. “Must be… dreaming, Remy. I could swear you were Wolverine.”
He bent his head, his mouth brushing her ear. “That’s Logan to you, ‘Ro.”
Ororo opened her eyes, a small gasp escaping her supple lips. He was here. He was home. She smiled, one hand raising to stroke his whiskered cheek, her sky eyes dancing into his dark grays. “Logan,” she breathed.
“Much better,” he rumbled, lowering his head and claiming her lips. She parted for him on contact, their tongues meeting in a duel of love and possession.
“Weeellll…That’s my cue to scoot…” Jubilee grabbed her slicker from the couch, and headed for the door. “No, no, don’t trouble yourselves…I’ll see myself out. Stay? No, wouldn’t want to be a bother…Okay, bye-bye now, bye-bye…” She rambled all the way through the door.
Logan tightened his hold on Ororo, his teeth nipping her lower lip. He growled in longing and she whimpered against his lips. “Logan.” She whispered his name, clung to him. Her slender arms circled his neck and she deepened their kiss.
His body was trembling, she could feel it. She impatiently pushed at his clothes, demanding that he be rid of them, needing to feel him against her. Her own clothes felt suddenly heavy and burdensome. Logan walked with her in his arms up the stairs, his mouth never leaving hers. He lowered her to the bed, both of them stripping each other hurriedly, a blend of restless hands and fiery kisses until they lay naked before each other.
He felt so good, so right in her arms. She nestled closer, wanting to crawl inside of him, wanting him buried deep inside of her. Logan trailed hot kisses along her neck and down over her collar bone, taking one chocolate nipple into his mouth and suckling greedily. Ororo tangled her fingers in his dark hair, arching her back, moaning his name.
“Fuck, I love how ya say my name,” he groaned. He gripped her hips firmly in his hands, and for a moment contemplated the wonder that was the woman before him. Firm muscles, and soft skin, caramel skin and snow white hair, the smoldering sexiness of her sapphire eyes, the rose petal softness of her lips. He trailed one hand along her body, curving against the new swell of her stomach. He smiled. A baby. Their baby. Nestled right here, another tie that bound her to him for eternity. She was such a miracle to him, such a beautiful blend of light and goodness, and for a moment tears shimmered in his eyes before he could blink them away.
Ororo saw them and pulled him to her, kissing him with wild abandon, reminding him that she was also a creature of the night, as wild and hungry as he was. His other half. His hands tightened possessively on her tight bottom, pulling her against his hardness. Her heat beckoned him, called to his inner animal, her wild scent intoxicating, driving him mad with lust and longing.
His body was hard and aggressive, pushing her into the soft cushion of their mattress, his hands parted her silken thighs, wrapping her long limbs around his waist. His teeth grazed her neck, her name a ragged growl/groan as he slid into her tight velvet sheath. He pressed his mouth to hers in a kiss that was raw and aching. She shuddered against him, and he smirked. Goddamn, she felt good. So hot. So tight. His.
Ororo moved her mouth over the muscled wall of his chest her tongue flicking against his skin, tasting, urging. She caught one of his nipples between her lips, rubbing her teeth back and forth over the tight nub, making him jerk. Flames licked along her body as he pressed himself fully into her, holding her tight, rocking slowly. Ororo bit his neck, a tiny nip, but a mark just the same and her name burst from his lips in a hoarse plea. Ororo smiled, her pearly teeth sinking into the corded muscles between neck and shoulders, claiming him.
Logan was blinded by searing pleasure. Holy fuckin’ Christ. She had just marked him. He growled, thrusting harder, his own teeth sinking into her shoulder. He heard thunder rumble in the distance, the rolling sound coming closer with every passing second. He felt the sting of her nails across his back, felt her body clench around him. He heard his voice shout hoarsely, unable to stay silent. He buried one hand in her hair, locking eyes with her, the other curved around her buttock, pulling her tight as he thrust over and over. The deeper he drove the more she responded, the wilder she became, her body gripping him and releasing him, excruciatingly erotic…
“Logan. I love you.”
He flashed her a smile. “I love ya, too, baby.” He grabbed her wrists, locking them over her head, stretching her so that he could have undeterred access to her flawless breasts. She cried out when he brushed the very tip of his tongue over her taut peaks, making her quake with need. Logan responded by burying himself deeper, riding her harder.
“Logan, please…” Ororo felt her body coiling tighter and tighter. “I can’t take it, please. Please,” she begged for release.
His mouth moved over her throat, his teeth nipping, his tongue soothing. He trailed kisses along her chest, along every inch of exposed flesh. She tried to free her arms so that she could pull him to her, to hold him, but he held her fast. He thrust deeper, the lines on his face etched with indescribable hunger. The wildness was on him now, and he was raw heat and need. He rode hard, surging into her over and over, making her whimper and sob with pleasure.
“Just like this, ‘Ro. Always like this,” he surged harder. “I want ya so much. I need ya, darlin’. So wild and hungry, that ya can’t think.” He lavished her breasts with another series of kisses, pulling on them hungrily. He was so hard and thick, swollen with need for her. He felt her tightening around him, heard her cry out as her climax overtook her and she exploded, shock after shock ripping through her as she rode out the endless orgasm he had brought her to.
“Ahhhh, Goddess, Logan. I never want this to end…” She was crying now.
He kissed her tears, licking them from her cheeks, still moving, nuzzling her throat. “I want ya like this, crying out fer me, needing me ta release ya. Pleading with me ta end this, but never wanting it ta stop.”
Lightening slammed the ground outside the boathouse, the winds rattling the windows, thunder booming and echoing as Logan took her completely, staking his claim on her heart and soul. She locked her legs around him, lifting herself into each thrust. His hips pumped furiously, again and again and again. The pleasure was so intense it bordered on pain as he came, pouring himself into her endlessly, her name roaring from his lips between clenched teeth.
Logan tangled both hands in her silvery hair, kissing her slowly, lingering over her plump lower lip, drugging her with his lazy seduction. “I missed you,” he confessed, still slightly rocking his hips, moving slowly against her.
“I can tell,” she whispered back, smoothing his hair from his brow, her eyes alight with tenderness and love.
Logan shifted his weight from her, pulling her against him so that she lay draped over his chest, her moonlight tresses tickling his sensitive skin.
“How was your trip?” she asked after their breathing had slowed to near normal. Logan sighed, a heavy sigh, and Ororo hugged him. “We don’t have to talk about it.”
He kissed her fingertips. “Not now,” he said. “
“All right.” She lay listening to the steady drum of his heart. Soon she felt his breathing deepen and even out, a soft rumble as he shifted, asleep. Ororo pressed a slow kiss to his slightly parted lips before slipping from the bed.
She padded quietly to the stairs, then down to the kitchen. After downing a glass of cold water Ororo made her way to the bathroom. Her entire body ached, and she knew it wasn’t from Logan’s lovemaking, and she needed a hot bath. She turned the handles, adjusting the temperature. Splotches of crimson splashed on white porcelain. Ororo glanced in the mirror, angrily wiping the blood from her nose. A long bath and some meditation and she would feel better. She ran one hand over her slight swell. “Not much longer now,” she whispered. She closed her eyes, wishing the wistful dreams of a mother that knew she would never know her son.

Logan rolled, reaching across the cool mattress for Ororo only to come up empty. He opened one gray eye, noticing that even her pillow was barely indented. Where ever she was, she’d been gone for awhile. With a frown he swung his legs over the edge of the bed, grabbing his hastily discarded jeans from the night before and tugging them on. He moved silently through the boathouse, wondering if she was in the bathroom suffering from morning sickness. He had no idea how long that was supposed to last. Hell, he didn’t even know how far along she was, he’d left with Fury before he could find out.
“’Roro?” he called. The bathroom door swung open easily, and the room was empty. Huh. He glanced at the overhead clock. It was just a little past six, so she was probably outside. Logan made his way outside, along the taller grass of the lake shore, towards the large Oak tree with tire swing that sat behind his and Ororo’s house.
Ororo was floating in the air, her legs crossed and her eyes closed. A gentle breeze stirred her snowy locks, lifting wispy tendrils and dancing with them. He stood in the shadows a few feet away, watching her, unable to move as he was completely arrested by the sight of her. So beautiful. So much a part of nature herself. He was in awe of her ability to control the elements. No other mutant on the planet had that ability as far as he knew. She was unique, even amongst their kind.
The wind picked up and Logan stepped forward, a frown on his face as he noticed how tense she had suddenly become. Lines of strain etched along her mouth, her brow furrowed in concentration. He could see tiny tremors coursing through her body. Suddenly her head snapped back, a low sound of distress coming from her, lightening snapping from her fingertips. She dropped the few feet to the ground, her body arcing and tensing.
“’RO!” Logan ran to her, kneeling beside her. She didn’t seem to hear him, her eyes were rolled back in her head, her slender frame jerking with harsh spasms, blood was flowing from her nose in thick trails. Her body wracked so hard it was hard for him to hold her. *CHUCK!*
*Hank is already prepping the lab and Nightcrawler is en route, Wolverine.*
Logan tried to cradle her close to his chest, to keep the spasms contained. He could smell the ozone crackling in the air around them. Building. The wind increased, and the sky darkened into a swirling mass of rolling thunder clouds. “I’m here, baby…” he tried to soothe.
*BAMF*
“You have to let go, Wolverine.” Kurt said gently, reaching for the convulsing Storm in his lap. “I’ll get her to the lab faster without you.”
Wolverine growled, but relinquished his hold. *BAMF*

Med lab

Ororo sat up, rubbing her eyes. She had a splitting headache.
~Welcome back.~
Ororo removed her fingers from her eyes, looking for the source of the voice. ~Charles?~
~You’re giving Wolverine quite a scare.~
Ororo pressed her forehead. ~I’m not awake, am I?~
~No.~
~What happened?~
~Seizure.~
~How bad?~
~It wasn’t pleasant, if tat is what you want to know.~
~You sound strained, Charles.~
~It’s hard to maintain contact when your mind is constantly trying to kick me out.~
~Sorry.~
~Old habits…~
Ororo smiled, remembering the very first day at the institute. ~Old habits.~ She glanced around. She was in the boathouse. ~Why can’t I see you?~
~You are where you are most comfortable. It is a place I do not belong.~
~Oh.~ She closed her eyes, concentrating. When they opened again she was in Xavier’s office and he was seated behind his desk.
~Impressive.~
~Jean’s been helping me.~ She sat in one of the chairs. ~It’s bad, huh?~
~Yes.~
~Will I wake up?~
~…~
~The baby?~
~Feel…~
Ororo closed her eyes again, seeking within herself. Warmth. Peace. Innocence. A fighting spirit. Definitely his father’s son… Ororo gave a startled hiccup sob. Her son.
~How’s Logan?~
~He is furious.~
~When isn’t he?~ She teased.
Xavier chuckled. ~True. You have been a great soothing balm for him.~
Ororo fought the tidal wave of sadness washing over her. ~He’ll need someone…Keep Jubilee near him.~
Charles nodded. ~Henry is prepping the lab now.~
~You’re taking him?~
~It’s the only way.~
~But, it’s so soon.~
~He has a great will to live, Ororo. He will pull through.~
~He’s so small…~
~You are small, Ororo. The baby is relatively healthy.~ Xavier stood. At Ororo’s surprised expression he smiled. ~In the mind I am anything but crippled.~
~Can I…Can I see Logan?~
~Of course. I will bring him to you.~

“She is asking for you,” Xavier said opening his eyes, looking at Logan.
“What the fuck is going on here, Chuck?” he demanded angrily. “What happened while I was gone?”
“Not while you were gone. While she and Cyclops were detained by Weapon X.”
At the name Wolverine’s lip curled back. “What’d those fuckers do ta her?”
“I can explain.” the double doors hissed open and Beast strode through, wheeling an IV stand and monitor. “Storm was infused with a virus that I breaking her down on a cellular and genetic level.” Beast slid the pole beside Ororo’s head, hooking the monitor up to her arm. “In essence this virus is attacking her body, eating at her.”
Logan’s hand tightened on Ororo’s. “So what’d we do?”
Beast looked away.
“Ya’ve gotta be fuckin’ kiddin’ me!!” Wolverine exploded. “We can save the goddamn world from destruction, take out the most powerful mutant fucks on the planet, save yer furry ass with illegal medical practices, save norms that hate us, want us dead so bad they have fuckin; committees, but we can’t save the one person on this worthless rock worth saving?” He was panting, his teeth bared in a look of savage anger.
“We wanted to help her, Wolverine.” Beast said softly. “She refused.”
“What?!?”
“The treatment put her pregnancy at great risk,” Xavier explained.
Wolverine wanted to throw something. He glared at Ororo. How could she make that decision without talking to him? He growled, “Take me in. And then get the fuck outta the way.”

~Ororo.~
Ororo lifted her head from the cloud she was resting on. ~Logan.~
~How could ya, darlin’?~
~I had no choice.~
~You should’ve talked ta me.~
~You had enough to deal with.~
~Don’t do that, Ororo. We’re supposed to be married. Together.~
Ororo narrowed blue eyes, a flicker of anger in their depths. ~Like you tell me everything.~
~I have never kept life threatening information from you! You seem ta make a fuckin‘ habit of it!!~ He was pissed.
~Logan…~ she whispered his name.
He closed the empty space between them pulling her into his arms, lifting her. He was trembling, she could feel it, all of his anger dissolving the moment they touched. She lifted her face and saw stark terror reflected in his black depths. He pressed his mouth to hers. ~Ya can’t leave me, ‘Ro. I need ya.~ He tightened his thick arms around her.
~I know. I know.~ She pressed closer. “I’m sorry, Logan. So sorry.~
~Don’t say that, ya never have ta be sorry fer wanting ta save our baby.~
The air around them crackled, the white fluffy clouds swirling and darkening.
~I need ya here with me.~ His mouth moved over hers again with a mixture of fear and rising desire. ~Ya can’t leave me alone, I need ya ‘Ro. I need ya so damn much.~
~I don’t want to leave you.~ She was crying, her hands sliding under his shirt to touch his solid chest. It was all in her head, she knew, but if this was all they had, she wanted to embrace it. Whips of lightening flashed and thunder cracked and boomed. She circled his neck with her arms, taking comfort in his shoulder. He was hurting, she felt it radiating from him, deep and intense, along with the terror gripping his soul. She lifted her face into his for a kiss, wanting to comfort and be comforted. He took possession of her mouth and the heavens opened up, drenching their suddenly bare flesh.
Logan was consuming her, devouring her, his mouth everywhere, licking up the rain on her bare skin. It took Ororo a moment to realize that he was still enraged, the terrible ferocity of the storm raging around them was his doing, reflecting the blackness of his mood. In her mind they were linked, sharing everything.
~I need ya ta stay with me, angel. Fight fer me. Without ya I have nothing, no reason ta live.~
~Our son.~ was her whispered reply.
Logan closed his eyes. ~I need ya.~ he repeated. He lifted her against him. ~Put yer legs around my waist.~ His teeth scraped her frantic pulse. ~Right now!~
Ororo obeyed almost blindly, enveloping his hard body with her softness. His hunger was intense, the psychic storm increasing in intensity, a good indication of his emotional turmoil. He rocked into her, deep and aggressive.
~You can’t leave me alone to live in this empty world, with no light. No laughter.~ His mental voice was raw.
Ororo clutched his head. His hair was soaked, thick ebony strands hanging in his eyes. He looked wild and untamed, he looked what he was; dangerous. Ororo sobbed. The thought of never being with him again tore at her. She clung to him, driven by a mind numbing urgency to meld with him. The storm intensified, lightening slashing through their bodies, but doing no harm, only heightening their feelings. Tears were streaming down her face, strangled sobs wracking her as she clung to him.
His arms were like steel, holding her tight as he took her aggressively, yet his mouth moved on hers so heartbreakingly tender she was assailed by a fresh bout of tears.
~Please, don’t cry, baby. Please.~ His hips moved with the fierce intensity of the storm. ~I can’t bear it when ya cry.~
Jagged bolts of lightening danced overhead. ~I love you, Logan. I love you so much. I love you.~ She held him close. She felt him tremble and shudder, felt his tears in her mind, heard the mournful howls of agony he was keeping locked inside. She covered his face with kisses and held him like she was never going to let him go, but that was a lie. She was going to have to leave him…
~I ain’t letting’ ya go.~
~I’m sorry.~ She kissed him softly, opening herself completely so that he could feel everything she felt for him.
Logan staggered under the emotions she let him see and feel. God, she loved him so much. He could feel it and it humbled him. He clutched her to him, burying his fingers in her sodden tresses, squeezing her like he could keep her locked to him.
~I love you.~ Blinding white light.

“ORORO!!” Logan roared.





You must login () to review.