Continuing Circle

“Rose?”

“Why did you call me that?” asked Ororo her eyes searching for an answer.

“Yeah Jackie,” intercepts Logan walking toward the pair.

“Sorry it was something I picked up from her. A woman with red hair, young in Canada I think near the turn of the twentieth century.” Answers Jack, “Did I say something?”

“Not really.” Logan walks away, visibly upset. Ororo just looking at the gruff man as he leaves.

“I’m sorry Ororo. Usually that happens when I touch a person with an old soul.” Jack explains as he continues to stand at the door. “May I come in?”

“Oh sorry Jack its been awhile. How are you?”

“Better. How is Rembrandt?” Jack asks as he enters the mansion of Xavier.

“He is presently with Rogue out in the Garden.” Ororo says turning to meet Jack’s stride.

“Is Hank or Bobby ‘round?”

“You sound as if you are investigating again Jack like the last time you were here.”

---Flashback---

Scott and Jean’s wedding three years ago---

“There’s my cousin in white.” Jack replies as he eyes the recently Jean Grey-Summers.

The scene is quiet near the stream far from the festivities. They stand near the old hickory bridge near the woods.

“You remember when we all use to come out here when we were younger Jonathan?” Jean asks, she is sitting on the grass ten feet away from the stream.

“Yeah, it was cruel.” Jack laughs slightly remembering, “The old man couldn’t come out here with his wheel chair so it gave us time away from him.”

“Those were simpler times John.” Jean looks up at her cousin, her smile not truly reaching her eyes.

“What’s wrong Red?” Jack sits down next to her in his black suit.
“Sometimes I think you made a better decision than I did when you left not becoming an X-Man.” Jean lays her head on her cousin’s shoulder sighing.

“Look at all the good you have done, all of you. Me I am a cop in New Orleans who sees the grittier side of life.” Jack places an arm around her, “Besides why are you thinking like that. You’re finally married to anal master.”

“I know.” Jean laughs at the nickname Jack had given Scott years ago. “I just wish all of my family was here to see this.”

“Yeah I know, I was looking forward to finally meeting that guy called Wolverine. Reminds me of a wrestler.”

“He had to find himself was all.” Jean answers

“Well I don’t blame him, he had pretty bad injuries if I remember right.”

“Yeah.”

“So is that his letter he left for you?” Jack asks looking at the crumbled up letter in her hand.

“Yeah I just got around to looking at it.” Jean answers.

After awhile Jack and Jean hears two voices from down the trail and Jean smiles, “Remy and Ororo must be looking for us.”

“Correction cuz, they are looking for you.” Jack replies.

Minutes later Remy comes up with Ororo at his side smiling that Cajun, seductive smile he had. The one that drove all the women wild, the one only he could do.

“So Coon-ass you found us at last, just when I was going to steal her away.” Jack playfully says looking at Remy.

“Yeah ‘dat be da day Jackie.” Remy answers as he holds out his hand to the two. His eyes full of mirth.

“You two act as though you know each other.” Jean responds seeing the fondness that the two men had for each other.

“Ya could say dat chere.” Remy replies. “Jackie here be da best cop in New Orleans.”

“No I’m just not one of the many corrupted.” Jack says playfully. “In fact I am also the only cop that can say that captured you and your young pandat in crime but decided to let go after you and Ororo here helped me.”
Jean looks at the three people in front of her in astonishment. She never knew that Remy, Ororo and Jack knew each other. “When did this happen?”

“Before Ororo’s growth spurt.” Jack says as the three of them laugh and giggle.

“Actually it was he who helped give Remy the clues that I was the Storm of the X-Men.” Answers Ororo as she softens her laughter slightly.

“Dat reminds Remy, ya husband be look’n fer ya Red.” Gambit says “Jack, ya want ta come wit dis ol’ Cajun and two beauties ta get drinks non?”

“OUI aussi longtemps que je suis arrière premier pour mon avion mon vieil ami.”(1) Answers Jack, speaking a broken form of French.

“Vous parlez toujours le puits acadien mais travail de besoin calme. non?”(2)

Jack laughs as he turns to Ororo and replies “He is your brother gorgeous.”

---The Present---

“UNCLE JACK!!!” exclaims a voice in a high shrill. Rachael runs into the foyer hugging Jack in a death grip.

“Good to see you too Rach.” Jack says nearly chocking. “How’s my favorite relative?”

“Better now you’re here. Are you staying?” Rachael’s voice showing how excited she was.

“Maybe.”

“Well come on, our trainer is going to get all huffy if we aren’t there.” Rachael replies as Ororo’s eyes open widely.

“Yes we all know how Logan is when people are late.”

Later in the danger room sitting on bleachers sit Rachael, Kurt, Ororo, Bishop, Jack, Remy and Rogue with Logan standing on the floor with bo staff in his hand. Logan’s scowl telling everything when the door opens and Kitty and Peter walk in.

“Your late Cat.”

“Sorry we lost track of time.” Kitty says as she and the large Russian sit down.

After a few minutes after Logan replies that the X-Men need more work on their hand to hand combat and not relay on their powers as much, he and Ororo were facing off swinging sticks after a small kiss. Jack smiles a little but then notices Kurt slightly slouch. After a few seconds Ororo finds her self on her butt and Logan helping her up.

“Anyone else?” Logan replies as he places his hand on Ororo’s back guiding her back to the bleachers.

“How bout you Bishop?” Logan asks throwing him the stick Ororo had recently.

“I’ve studied all your moves in history class Logan this might not be fair.” Bishop retorts.

Within minutes the two warriors clash, each stick striking hard, fast and without mercy. Then as if in slow motion, Bishop hits Logan in the face and the wolverine flips into the air, to the waiting ground. That is when they all heard a roar as glass shatters from the control booth and the group witnesses a feral X-23.

“RRWWWWWWRRRRRR!”

Without a wasted motion Jack intercepts this new player, X-23 swipes savagely into the air, but Jack moves as if she had moved slowly. As X-23’s arm passes a side stepped Jack she feels a hand on her wrist, then her shoulder as weight presses down on her, threatening to break her shoulder if her bones could break.
She hits the ground hard and throws up her leg backward, her claw extended, trying to kick her assailant. It does no good as the pressure is released only to have the feeling on her ankle being grabbed and she being thrown into the wall. Before she can recover though, she is telekinetically captured by Rachael and placed under with a telepathic jolt.

“Nice moves Jack.” Replies Logan as he comes up from behind. “That’s what I was trying to get across people.”

Later that day----

Jack has settled into his room as he hears a knock on the door. HE walks over and opens it only to see the white-haired woman named Ororo standing there.

“Hello ‘Rose I mean ‘Ro.” Jack says as he stands aside allowing her to enter. “What brings you here?” HE sees her body posture as calm, her eyes though showing her apprehension.”

“You said earlier that you only encounter those flashes that strong with an old soul.”
Ororo speaks as she stands in the middle of the room.

“Yes. The older the soul, the stronger the reincarnation sense is. With you and Logan its stronger than most.” Jack replies as he sits in a chair near his desk.

“Can you see other lives lived?” Ororo asks. Her voice calm with an underlay of tension. ‘She wishes to know more than she asks.’ Thinks Jack, as he asks her “Would you want to know? I can show you.”

“How?” Ororo says, she begins to fidget.

“Its like a play that you live and I can see. Its like a telepathic link without the telepathy.”

“Yes I would like to know Jack.”

“Alright.”

---5500 years ago---
It is what the modern world knows as the Gerzean Period of Egypt, the place is what will be called Nubia in Southern Africa as a large regiment of soldiers march the open savanna. They are dressed in ancient Egyptian uniforms holding Kopeshes (3) and shields. In the distance stands a man clad as a general, his black hair growing wild, his eyes amberoid hazel. His name is Sekwaskhet Aa and he has been a soldier for most of his life. He rose through the ranks, becoming general within fifteen years. His king, a man named Ramses, has ruled over Nubia for ten years.

“The northerners are coming closer.” Replies a woman’s voice from behind him.

The man smiles, knowing who she is and why she is there. Ramses was an odd man, who saw that women could fight as well as men and placed a program into effect that allowed women to become officers. Her name Netikerty meant literally “she who is excellent” and that she was. She was a match for Sekwaskhet in the sword and bow as well as riding and strategy. She was also unusual in the fact that she had white hair and blue eyes. Her Nubian beauty unrivaled by any in the land.

“Yes they are. Prepare for a long battle.” Sek responds as he turns to the woman Netikerty. “So how is our son my wife?”

“He is well. HE leads the 23rd regiment this day.”

“Good.” With this Sek walks close to her and kisses her on her lips softly, his short stature and gruff exterior showing years of sun and weathering.

The present----

“My Goddess. Logan and I were married.” Ororo looks back to Jack as he rubs his head.

“Actually you two are more than that.”

“What were we.”
“It’s a rare thing Ororo and if what I have heard is right when the first ten thousand souls were awaken within man they were evenly distributed into men and women. Those first were given to each other. As they died and returned their mates from the first time circled back with them. The rarity is that you and Logan are soulmaltes.”


1) yes as long as I am back early to catch my plane old friend.

2) You still speak cajun well but still need work no

3) Kopesh is an ancient sword style used by the Egyptians during the bronze age.





You must login () to review.