A Letter



Ororo stands on the roof of the mansion watching as Logan rides his motorcycle down Greymelkin Lane, a bag on his back. “He left as he said he would” mused Ororo the weather goddess of the X-Men, daughter of a journalist and an African princess. “Good-bye for now old friend.” She walks to the edge of the skylight she had come from and with the help of the winds she could control she let herself down. She walked near her bed looking at the sealed letter she had found on her door. She smiled, studying it as if it held a great mystery. After a few minutes, she opens it and begins to read it….

--Dear Ro,
For some reason that sounds easy on the tongue to say. We have been through a lot haven’t we darling? From fighting a giant living island to huge flaming robots to deaths of friends as well as loved ones and heartaches, space aliens and crystals, to even our own deaths. In all that time I always looked to you for the strength to carry on. You were always there for me, even when I didn’t think I needed it. You knew better though didn’t you. I always followed your lead and I admit it wasn’t easy sometimes but I can say that it wasn’t easy being my friend was it. You made it look easy though. I don’t know where I am going from here Princess but I want you to know if you need me I’ll be there at your side. I know I can act irritable when other men give you the attention you so rightfully deserve but I want you to know that you make me, above all others in my life that I can remember, hell even those times I can’t remember, want to be a better man.

An animal knows what it is and accepts it. A man may know what he is but questions. I don’t know what I want to be; ought to be but I want to try because of you. It’s scary I know that, but what else is there? Stagnation; a safer form of death not of the body but of the mind, the soul, the heart. There are things that make you want to change, to dream, to grow. You have made me realize that I am more than I ever thought I was. You are my friend, my confidant, you don’t judge me you accept me. You are more than I deserve. Fly high windrider, fly free.
Love Logan

P.S. Make sure Jubilee doesn’t take over my room I will be back.

She caresses the letter as a tear falls on the paper.

“Come back soon Logan.”





You must login () to review.