Curves ahead

The attic of Xavier’s has been Ororo’s sanctuary, her salvation, and her fortress. Now she cannot find peace here. It has been only days since the X-Men’s return from Tibet and her contravention at the hands of the one named Hodge. When she returned to the mansion Gambit, Bishop, Psylocke and Logan insisted that Hank examine her. She felt uncomfortable and the weather showed her turmoil. When Hank touched her she jumped slightly, unnerved by her friends touch. Logan had stayed with her the entire time, waiting outside of the examination room pacing.

So here she stands looking out of her window, watching the day pass her, as the clouds dance on the wind and the sun’s light caresses the sky as if it were a lover. She wraps her arms around herself embracing, trying to find security. She hasn’t slept much in the last five days, every time she tries she sees the sadistic smile of Hodge as he wrapped his tentacles around her powerless form, ripping at her. She closes her eyes and shook her head to dismiss those thoughts.

She jumps as she hears a soft rasping knock on her door, her heart beats thumps in her chest until she hears a voice…

“Ro ya dissent Darlin’?”

His voice sooths her trepidation forcing her to breath, she smiles slightly, not even sure why.

“Yes Logan you may enter,” Ororo replies her voice sounds emotionless as she pushes her fear down deep.

The door opens slowly as if he is unsure of something. His gray steel eyes look upon her and she feels passion, hurt, solace, friendship, and understood. His eyes could speak volumes while never uttering a word. It was times like these she remembered why her heart ached for him.

“Ro I was wondern’ if ya might want to get away from here for a few hours?” Logan steps toward her slowly, “Please don’t say no cause ya need it.”

“Logan I---,” Ororo begins until Logan places his figure to her lips. She could smell his scent and although she had suffered one of the greatest crimes against a woman days ago, she was at ease with this man.

“Darlin’ I promise ya that while I’m around I will be your knight, your champion.” A hoarse sound cames from Logan’s throat as he spoke. It is soft, almost a purr. Ororo removed Logan’s finger that is resting on her lips so she could speak.

“What I was going to say Logan before you placed your fingers on my lips was that I would like that.”
“ Oh. Uh well then I’ll meet you in the lobby ‘round 7:00 pm then,” Logan smiled as he said this. They both noticed now that they had been holding each other’s hand. They both genuinely smiled as he left her room. “Dress formally.”

----Seven P.M. the lobby of the mansion.

Logan paces nervously, his claws sheathing and unsheathing repeatedly. He wears black dress pants that are pleated, his shoes padded leather. His deep blue shirt with a matching silk tie, is a slight contrast to his black coat. He is so anxious that he doesn’t even see Ororo standing on top of the stairs for a moment.

She is wearing a white gown, made of silk that touches her ankles. The gown has only a single wide strap over her right shoulder. Her figure accents sharply as her dress hugs her curves. She had white high heels and her earrings are white pearls, matching her hair that she has up in a bun. She stood there motionless, her heart thumping within her rib cage.

When Logan finally caught her scent he looked up, truly awed.

“Your beautiful,” Logan replies as the rest of what he wanted to say was forgotten.

“You’re not bad yourself Old Friend,” Ororo said as she had started down the stairs. “No innuendos?”

Logan smiled slightly as he cleared his throat.

“What can ah darlin’? Ah’m speechless. You are a goddess.”

Ororo smiled as she heard the Wolverine’s words. She needed to hear them, not from anyone else just him. He was her heart, more so than any other.

“Shall we?” Asked Logan as he held out his arm waiting for her. She took his arm and smiled as they walked out of the door. Storm froze slightly as she saw a black stretch Limo parked in front of the mansion. She looked at Logan, her smile becoming more that what it was before. He saw her smile, knowing it reached her eyes. He did love her and wanted to show it, as well as try to help her get past what had happened days ago.

***An hour later

The couple sits at a table within Alain Ducasse, one of the top five-star restaurants in New York city. The atmosphere was quite and soft music played in the background…


Why do I do just as you say
Why do I give you your way?
Why do I sigh?
Why don’t I try to forget?

Logan looks at Ororo and smiles as he stands up in front of her. He holds out his hand never saying a word. She smiles, almost shyly, and accepts. They walk out to the dance floor in front of the orchestra.

It must have been that something
Lovers call fate.
Kept me sayn’ I had to wait
I saw them all but just couldn’t fall
Until we met


Ororo slipped close to Logan, her head resting on his strong shoulder. She heard him singing in her ear, the very song they were listening to. She closed her eyes and exhaled.

It had to be you
It had to be you
I wandered around
And I finally found
The somebody who
Could make me be true

Logan’s voice soothed and seduced her. Her heart raced and she felt truly and utterly loved in this instant.

Could make me be blue
And even be glad
Just to be sad
Thinking of you
Some others I’ve seen
Might never be mean
Might not even be cross
Or tried to be boss
But they wouldn’t do.

Ororo’s touch sent warmth into Logan, something he had never felt, even with Mariko. It felt right.

For nobody else
Gave me a thrill
With all your faults
I love you still
It had to be you
Wonderful you

Ororo smiled as she listened to the song, which had been originally done by Frank Sinatra. She mused to herself, who would of thought Logan could be like this?

****Later that night as the limo pulls up to the mansion

The couple walk up to Ororo’s door, both with content smiles on their faces. They did not have to speak, nor feel they should with each other. Logan held ‘Ro’s hand, looking into her eye as he finally breaks the silence.

“I had a good time ‘Ro. Well here we are.”

“Yes were are.” ‘Ro said gently.

“I have ta tell ya something darlin,” Logan softly spoke lost in her eyes. “I missed ya while ah was away.”

“I missed you too.” Ororo smiled coyly.

“Ah had time ta think ya know,” Logan fumbled his thumb over her hand, playing with a ring on her hand. “Ah Love you Ro.”

Ororo is taken back by this revelation. Could he have felt the same very as long as she?

“I love you too.”

He gently closes the distance between she and him, their lips closer, closer still. She feels his kiss, softly at first, yet becoming more passionate.

Pulling apart Ororo says one thing…

“Love me Logan.”

-----so how was it?





You must login () to review.