Author's Chapter Notes:
Okay, I'm still big enough to admit the x-men are not mine, but I can dream and I hope you don't mind my borrowing them...just a little please.
Logan watched her as she sat lotus style in his comfortable chair talking on the phone. His keen hearing picking up both sides of the conversation.

-"But professor I think it wise that I come back to the school if I am to fully gain my life back."-

She snuck a peek at Logan before speaking again. "No sir he has been very accommodating, I just do not feel right imposing on him as I am."

Logan made no bones about the fact that he was watching her and was not pleased with the topic of conversation.

So she wanted to leave. What else was new. Not too many people could stand his presence for too long.

-"I undertstand, I will give it a little more time, it is really quiet here, and beyond beautiful. If Logan can put up with me a while longer, I will make every efort to concentrate on remembering."-

Good ol' Chuck. He had convinced her that what she needed was peace and quiet to complete her recovery, not the chaos of the school and students.

A relieved smirk pulled at the corner of his mouth.

Ororo took a deep breath as she shut off her cell and ran her hands through her hair in frustration.

"Something wrong darlin?"

"What is not. I am no closer now than I was two weeks ago to remembering one thing."

"Give it time Ro, it will come ta ya. In the meantime, why don't we go for a hike up the mountain. Fresh air might do us both good."

She threw him a look of unbelief.

"But you said there was no where to walk to around here?"

He shrugged his shoulder and tilted his head, "No where I was gonna let ya go alone."

She glared at him, "So you lied to me. Again!"

"Nope, just didn't have time ta go inta explanations before ya jumped out of my truck."

At the embarrassing reminder of her extreme moment of weakness, she turned her head and closed her eyes. Warmth seeping over her entire body. Damn the man could be an ass.

"So do ya wanta get out or not? Last I remember ya were always outdoors tending ta things, pulling weeds and conversing with mother nature or some such shit."

"What? Why have you not mentioned this before?"

"It didn't fit in conversation, now it does."

Ororo wanted to electrocute his ass if she could. Such a simple piece of information about herself and he just now tells her. Maybe she should go with him and maybe, just maybe he might let something else slip. Being outside really did sound appealing to her and not being in such close quarters with mister observant and grumpy was a good idea.

"Alright, I will go on one condition."

Ah hell here comes the bargaining.

"It aint that big a deal darlin, just thought I'd show ya yer surroundings is all.", he gruffed, with a quick nonchalant shrug of his shoulder.

"Please, just listen," she felt an opportunity slipping away, "you have to agree to answering,...honestly three questions for me, while we are out."

He raised that damn sexy single brow at her in question, as he crossed his arms over his beautifully muscled chest. "And what do I get out of the deal?", followed by that insanely confident and overly sexy smirk.

She huffed out a harsh breath through her nostrils, "The immense satisfaction of knowing you have done the right thing." She flashed him a hard glare, with a matching raised brow.

"Uh uh. Try again darlin."

She was out of the chair in a flash and standing before him. "Look I will not put myself at your mercy." A sudden smile lit her face. "I'm calling Steffan."

Growl!

He pulled her to him capturing her lips with his own. What made him do it he knew was the too long awaited temptation he had been through. He didn't try to be soft or gentle. He wanted her to see what she had been doing to him. Wanted her to know the power he held in check as far as she was concerned.

What did surprise him was the reciprocation he felt from her in kind, as her own mouth melted with his, opening to his demanded exploration to their building heat. Hot and rough passion quickly stirred them both, as soft feminine hands caressed his thick hair and neck, while strong hands grasped a slender neck and pulled a tiny waist to curvaceous hips into his own burgeoning groin. He felt her nipples harden against his chest and tried to pull her closer loving the feel of her full breasts and womanly heat.

As much as he wanted to continue devouring her wonderful mouth, there was so much more he wanted to explore. His hot mouth trailed a path from her mouth to her chin, down to her neck on to the sweet spot above her clavicle.

If she had no idea as to who she was before, she lost all sense of everything with the onslaught of Logan's talented mouth. The heat between them beyond anything she could ever imagine. Her stomach was suddenly hard as cement. Breathing nearly impossible. Her hand found the ripped muscles of his back and traced the map of them on their own. The other still held his incredibly soft lush hair pulling his head closer to his mouths attention.

"Logan," she breathed.

"Mmmhmm darlin," he was engrossed in the feel of her.

"Three questions, and a kiss for every one."

All movement came to a halt. He knew it now. She was trying to kill him. She was working for the enemy and was sent there to kill him...slowly. But what a way to go.

"Ya sure ya want ta play that game Ro?", he said, now pulled back and looking her dead in the eyes.

She swallowed hard and stuttered out an answer, "Yes I am sure and it is not a game, but an exchange."

"Call it what ya want darlin, don't say ya weren't warned. So do we do this here or on the hike?"

Still wanting the embrace of nature she replied, "Give me a moment to change and a hike it is."

He watched her as she exited toward her bedroom.

Stopping, she turned to level him with a questioning look, "No tricks this time Logan?"

"Scouts honor darlin.", followed by the infamous lopsided grin.

She held the door frame of her room as she said, "Something tells me you were never a scout.", as she disappeared closing the door behind her.

Logan spoke into the air, his ears the only ones to hear his words, "Whatever I am, I have the feeling yer the only one that could make me better darlin."


The air was crisp and so clean. Ororo reveled in it. Logan's words bore witness within her that she truly adored nature. The peace of basking in the openness of it, especially with such beautiful scenery surrounding her.

They had been hiking the mountain path for over and hour and still she felt refreshed. The weather was deceptively warm despite being able to see their breaths before their faces, she didn't feel the slightest chill.

Logan had helped her several times by taking her hand to traverse the more rugged terrain. They both remained quiet, just enjoying the breathtaking solitude of nature around them.

More than once Ororo had the overwhelming desire to simply spread imaginary wings and fly.

He had picked up on her lightened mood, but he kept watch over her as if he were a mother hen caring for her chick. His eyes ever vigilant for anything that would signal another well earned emotional break.

She showed no signs of one coming. She appeared more elated than weighted down with the burden of her circumstance.

He huffed out a satisfied breath. Finally he had done something right. And he was reaping the benefit of seeing her in all her emancipated glory. And damn if she wasn't gorgeous!

"Are ya getting tired Ro? We can turn back whenever yer ready."

A wave of nervousness hit her. Was he trying once again to renege on his promise of answers to her. She stopped dead in her tracks, crossing her arms over her chest. "Not before you fulfill your promise." she spoke through clenched teeth.

Damn the woman was sexy, especially when she was riled up. Mental note to self, keep pissing her off bub.

"What makes ya think I aint living up ta my part of the bargain? Just don't want ya tiring yerself out Ro. I don't know if I can carry ya back.", he said jesting.

"Why you...what are you implying Logan?" she was full on seething now, "Is that supposed to be a dig about my weight? I will have you know I weigh the same as I did five years ago. Anyway is there a purpose to all those muscles or are they just for show! You really should..."

"Ro, stop darlin. Just wait a minute. Didn't ya..."

"Wait for what more of your snide comments or your particular brand of torture. I do..."

He let out a fierce growl to get a word in with the ranting woman, "Did ya hear what ya just said.", he was looking at her a smile on his lips.

"Which part," she was angry and determined that he would know it.

"If ya hold on fer one damn minute, ya'd realize what ya just said."

She narrowed her eyes at him, then it clicked. Her feminine vanity had gotten her riled over something as simple as her weight, but...she had remembered a simple fact from five years ago. At least she hoped it was fact.

Needing to sit down, her knees suddenly weak, she walked over to a fallen tree trunk and plopped down.

Logan joined her sitting astride it to look at her profile, making sure she was okay. His gentle handling of her and intense care starting to pique his nerves.

"I did it, it just happened did it not. I recalled something;...maybe minor,...but it was something.", she said turning her head to give him a full on grin. Even though her breathing was a little erratic.

"Have I always been so vain about something as petty as my weight?", she asked.

"No darlin, even though ya are the most beautiful woman in the world.", he said, looking her straight in the eyes, nothing false about his statement.

She blushed putting her head down at his comment, as warmth once again crept over her body.

He used his index finger to lift her view back up to him as he said, "But ya've always been a proud woman. Not letting anyone do anything fer ya that ya could do fer yerself."

Before she could blink he slowly melded his lips to hers, his tongue cajoling entry into the sweetest recess of her fantastic mouth. There was nothing of the enflamed passion as in the other kisses. Just a deliciously tender exploration that seemed so right given the moment.

"Why?" her one word question, once they had pulled apart. Her head down with her eyes closed as if the answer lay behind them.

The simple kiss had perplexed Logan more than the impassioned ones had affected him. Hearing her soft inquiry it took him an instant to respond. "Why what darlin?"

She spoke with tremulous softness, "Why do you keep kissing me?"

"Damned if I know!", he said, rising to put some distance between them and his now overwrought emotions. "I just seem ta need ta.", he said half turned looking over his shoulder and more timid than she thought possible for this man.

Feeling more than generous she walked over to him grasping his hand in hers, not knowing what it did to him at the moment. The battle that raged within him to lay claim to a woman who wasn't his. Unlike anything he had ever felt with Jean or any other woman in his life.

Much like the cat toying with the canary, at some point the canary would be devoured, so his fun with Ororo had turned to bite him in the ass. He wanted her. Wanted her desperately. More than anything else in his entire existence.

She sought his line of sight as he turned to keep it from her. He wasn't ready to look into her eyes and not see the same desire reflected back to him that he felt.

"Logan,", she nearly whispered, "we will count that as one in our little trade off. We still have two more to go to complete our deal. Please accept my apologies if I have made you uncomfortable, we can forego any unpleasantries if you prefer."

"Did ya hear me say I wanted ta back outta our deal?!", he said with his voice harsh with suddenly rising anger.

Ororo took a little step back. She watched him picking up on the tension he now exuded.

He was wrong to be angry with her and to yell at her for no reason, but he couldn't help himself, he was a damned fool.

"I'm heading back.", he groused. "This wasn't such a good idea. I'll answer whatever ya want at the cabin. So either ya come or stay it's up ta ya." He turned away and started back.

She stood her ground, not knowing what to do. She had been affected by their kiss but could not fathom what had moved him to such quick temper and change of mood. She had enough.

"Go to hell Logan." she shouted after him, refusing to follow.

"Already there!", he growled back, continuing his quick pace to distance himself from her and his reeling emotions.

"Ooof, that man!" Ororo gritted through her teeth. "Of all the insufferable, insane, witless, irritating behavior." How had such a happy revelation and tender moment between them become so sour so quickly.

Confounded by his actions and her own perplexity to his kiss, she turned and stormed off in the opposite direction. She would not worry about him and his erratic conduct. She had enough to deal with. Adding a man with the ability to turn her world upside down to her already turbulent life was not part of the answer right now.

She had found a little peace and an inkling of truth about herself in the beauty and freedom that enveloped her. And that she wasn't ready to give up just yet.

Through the stand of trees just a little ways off in the distance, a pair of eyes followed her every step that was taking her farther away from the feral man.





You must login () to review.