Author's Chapter Notes:
Darn it, they're still not mine so please don't sue me
It was becoming habit now, she cooked as he started the fires in the fireplaces, then sat at the open kitchen island to watch as she moved about preparing the meal.

Damn she was beautiful! Still they had no idea as to what her name was, but Beauty seemed to fit her more than enough. Never had he met a female with the body, personality, intelligence, strength or demeanor of the woman before him. Being in her presencce in the hospital he knew he would be hard pressed to not get to know this woman and hopefully have her become a part of his life. If a man was fortunate enough to have her in his life, no way could he ever just walk away.

"Are you sure you don't want me to add the garlic to your steak, I really don't mind it...so much?", she asked over her shoulder with a teasing smile.

There was no way in hell he wanted to foul up his breath with the odor of garlic, considering she didn't like it and if he had his way their breaths would be commingling tonight.

His lack of response caused her to turn around to be sure that he was still there. His eyes were glued to her, but his mind seemed to be elsewhere, as he was looking right through her.

"Steffan, what,...what is it?", she asked, concern written all over her face.

Before he was even aware of his actions, he was off the stool, striding over to her, catching her up in his arms and fulfilling the dream he had had since first laying eyes on her. Eagerly and passionately he kissed her for all he had imagined, afraid to stop fearing it would all be a dream and he would wake up.

His fears were unfounded. Though shyly at first, she wrapped her arms around his neck, returning his kiss with as much fervency and passion as his, she let herself melt into the embrace of his strong body. Oh god it was so easy to lose herself in the pleasure he provoked in her, but she couldn't allow what could possibly be another complication to what was already her chaotic unknown life. With all the determination she could muster she placed her hands on his muscular chest and with a little push, pulled herself away from him as her eyes tried to focus on the floor.

Feeling he had moved too fast he turned his back to her, taking a few steps away and ran his hands through his hair. Shaken and much too aroused to turn back around, he slowly gained control of his breathing.

He too found the floor suddenly fascinating, but he'd be damned if he apologized for the best kiss he had ever experienced. With determined steps he turned to face her again once everything was composed. This time placing his fingertips under her chin to gain her attention. His eyes sought hers to convey the words his mind ad mouth could not find.

He wanted her. All else be damned. Rushing or not he had to make himself clear.

"I know this is where I should probably apologize, but I'm not sorry. I care about you more than you know and I think you care...just maybe a little for me too, and it doesn't matter that you can't remember who you are or where you're from. We can start from where we are right here and now. All I know is nothing and no one matters to me as much as you do Beauty. Please, I'm asking you to give us a chance...at something more...a new start for you...and me." His eyes still bore into hers with all the depth of emotion he was feeling.

"I...I...don't know what to say. Yes I care for you Steffan. Maybe more than I should given the situation, but I don't want to be a complication to you..."

"You could never be that.", he said anxiously. "All I know is I need you Beauty and I hope you need me too."

"It is not enough that we need one another Steffan. You are secure in who you are with all the knowledge of your life intact. Me...I'm fractured, with a life that began once I woke up in the hospital and over these few amazing weeks you have become my anchor. But is it really fair to you to start something I may not be able to finish? I don't want to hurt you." Tenderly she reached up to stroke his chiseled face.

"You let me worry about whether you can hurt me or not, just allow me to care for you. All I know is I couldn't bear it if you were to walk out of my life. Please...let me protect you and make sure you are alright. Let me show you what you deny us both if you choose to let this pass us by."

She needed to feel more than she had the last few weeks, with no memory of anything else in her life to hold onto she was a hollow shell needing to be filled with something tangible. With the softest of smiles she took him by the hand and led him into the living room, lowering herself to the rug in front of the roaring fire.

Dinner could wait. Something more important had taken its place.


Logan stood watching for as long as he could stand it, and unreasonable growing anger taking hold of him as each moment had passed by. It was obvious what was going on, but why here and just, why. He'd had enough. It had gone far enough.

"Evenin' darlin. I take it ya weren't expecting me?", he said, in a low ominous voice, past the cigar he chewed in one corner of his mouth, while he stood with his arms crossed, watching the partially dressed startled couple on the rug in front of the fire.

Sitting up Ororo reached to cover her exposed breasts with both arms, as Steffan tried to shield her from the intruder.

"Who the hell are you and what are you doing here?" Steffan growled, jumping to his feet, as he handed Ororo his shirt for cover.

"I should be the one asking you that bub."

Ororo scrambled into the shirt as best she could, before joining Steffan at his side. Carefully she eyed the stranger before speaking. "Who are you? I have seen you before in the photos here."

Steffan swung his head around to look at her for a second, but not knowing the man with them now he looked back at Logan quickly, not at ease in his company.

Logan looked at her, feeling surprisingly a little disgusted and possibly disappointed. To numb himself from what he was feeling he took the cigar from his mouth and put it out in the palm of his hand. "Been doin' a bit of snoopin' around have ya' darlin'. Never took ya' fer an intruder Ro.", spoken as he watched the wound heal immediately in his hand, not bothering to look at either of them.

"What did you just call me?", she asked, stepping toward the cantankerous stranger. Steffan put his arm around her waist to pull her back to his side.

"Don't Beauty, you don't know what game he may be playing at. I'm Constable Steffan Moulier. This lady is under my protection, and I'll ask you again, who are you and what are you doing here?"

Logan had been watching Ororo, never taking his eyes off the nervous weather witch even as the asshole was talking. He was no fool, he knew something was way off, and until he could talk to Chuck he didn't feel in a very generous mood. Had she gone and bumped her head that she had asked him why he had called her by her most common nickname and not recognized it?

"First of all darlin'", he spoke to Ororo, totally ignoring the agitated mounty, "I only spoke the truth and as fer being under him you certainly were."

"Now hold on, just one damn minute!" Steffan had more than lost it by now.

"Please Steffan, it's alright, I need to know what he knows about me and this is not helping,", Ororo was holding onto Steffan's hand in mild restraint, looking back at Logan she continued, "I don't know who I am or why I am here. For a number of weeks my life has been a mystery to me."

"Hmmph, not so much a mystery that you couldn't find yerself here in my cabin, doin' what comes naturally."

"That's enough! You can show some respect for the lady and my badge! As far as we can see you are the trespasser here. Maybe spending some time in lock-up might help your disposition huh,...Bub!"

Logan simply huffed. "Try showing me some respect in my own damn home, which last I checked I have complete rights ta, so yer the trespasser and as fer locking me up, just try it asshole.", he scratched the knuckles of his right hand.

"I'd love to.", Steffan spat, though he felt uneasy about trying it even through his anger. Something about this man making him more than a bit afraid.

Logan gave him a belittling look as Steffan stood before him his pants half undone and shirtless. Pretty boy had no idea what he was asking for.

Ororo couldn't take it anymore. Pulling Steffan by the hand she beseeched him to follow her to the kitchen. His irritation at this point was off the charts. Once again she soothed him by caressing his cheek. "Please Steffan if you feel anything at all for me, please leave."

"What! Are you out of your mind?!", he grabbed her by both of her arms and did not notice the menacing stance Logan had now assumed in the living room, "there is no way I'm leaving you here with him!"

"You don't understand I recognize him from the photos I found here,...and I do not believe he means me any harm. I am not afraid."

"I don't care! Feelings could be wrong, I'm an officer and I say this man is the most dangerous person I have
ever come across."

"You say feelings could be wrong, does that mean what we have felt for each other also?"

Oh hell, she would go there with the reverse. Reluctantly he released her, again not noticing the man in the living room relax, just slightly. "I'll do anything for you, just don't ask me to leave you alone with him Beauty, you don't have any idea what you're asking of me. To do that goes against everything in my nature."

Standing on her tiptoes, she gently brushed her lips against his till he embraced her and turned it once again into an inferno of passion. Her magic succeeded, she panted, "Trust me, I can handle this. I am more than confident this man means me no harm, besides, I have my knight in shining armor to come to my rescue with the touch of one simple phone call.", she said with a smile.

"Yes you do, I just wish I wasn't so far away and that you would listen to reason and come back to town with me. But something tells me that's not an option."

The last voice Steffan wanted to hear spoke from next to the fireplace in the kitchen, damn the man was stealthy on his feet for having such an overly muscled body, "Yer damned right it's not an option bub. And I've had just about enough of yer handling my Wife!"

Time, breathing and coherent thought all stopped.





You must login () to review.