Author's Chapter Notes:
Still don't own so please don't sue me.
There was no way she was going to let him off the hook that easily. So she sat waiting, alone in the dark. Why not? The furniture was more than comfortable and all she had was time. Did he really think all he had to do was run away and all would be settled. Oh Hell no! This was her life they were dealing with and she had a right to know all he was keeping from her.

Darkness of night had fallen hours ago, and still she sat. Her eyesight surprisingly unhindered by the dense pitch, enabled her to still see clearly through the darkness. Her mind engrossed in running through a gamut of thoughts. What if he didn't come back? What was so bad that he didn't want to tell her about it? And numerous other wonderings to cause a multitude of emotions in her.

Strangely the weather had reflected her every mood, as she looked out the wall of windows at the beautiful landscape. Just another thing to ponder in her heart at the strangeness of it all. Maybe the weather was affecting her, causing her to go with its unusual flow.

"Waitin' on me darlin?", his deep voice spoke from darkness near the door.

Nearly jumping out of her skin she turned, squinting her eyes in the direction of the voice, again she hadn't felt the cold breeze of the door opening and being closed.

Too easily he walked into view, stopping once he was perched on the arm of the sofa stretching his legs out before him, crossing his ankles as he laced his fingers together in his lap. His eyes met hers in a stare that dared her to keep contact.

Stubbornly her chin lifted and she glared back, wanting to close her eyes from his sould stirring intensity. And was she mistaken or did his eyes just glow with an eerie light in the darkness, that wasn't all together human.

"How do you keep appearing as though through thin air?! I wish you would quit doing that, it is very disconcerting!"

To her amazement he threw his head back and laughed.

"Did I say something funny? I am glad I can amuse you.", she said snidely.

Swiftly he was on his feet and agilely moving toward her till he now sat on the corner of the sturdy coffee table, leaning his elbows on his knees, encroaching in her personal space. Ororo nestled back further into the chair, breathing now having become a chore.

"Actually ya have always amused me darlin, though I'm sure few would say they find ya funny." He was so close that his breath stirred her hair. Breath that was permeated with the smell of liquor.

"Personally I wouldn't know that, seeing as how I have no recollection of anyone...even you. And would you mind not getting so close?"

"Yes, I would...mind."

"Don't play games with me Logan. Regardless of whatever is between us, you have no right to keep My truth from me."

"Back ta that are we?"

"We never left it, at least I never did, so if you are done toying with me I'd like to know what you are keeping from me."

Even in his current state Logan caught the slight flare of electricity that sparked in her eyes as she spoke. Mesmerizing eyes that could hold a soul captive. For the first time in his life Logan was willing to become a prisoner. What? He had to shake his head to clear it of the fog that was taking over his thoughts.

"When I start toyin' with ya darlin ya'll know it. And what do I get outta the deal?"

"Are you kidding me?", she said incredulously. "Are you seriously going to barter information to me?"

Slowly Logan leaned back and shook his head again. It had taken a helluva lot, but he had finally succeeded in drinking enough to feel numb. It just didn't last long enough. Dammed healing factor. He had driven to the nearest watering hole, drank until he could feel it pass his healing limit, then grabbed a couple of bottles on the way home. He sat at the end of the long drive way finishing them off just so that he could walk into the lions or should he say lionesses den.

Why the hell was he spending so much time thinking about her and the fact that she belonged to someone else? The more he drank the angrier he got about that fact. Damned fool. He didn't want to travel the same road he had already come. Even his usual nightmares had been replaced with dreams of her Her eyes, her lips, her cocoa skin, tiny waist, full rounded hips, long shapely legs, large beautiful breasts and that unforgettable hair. All being fondled or caressed by that asshole of a sheriff.

Maybe if he tried hard enough he could convince himself he was just looking out for his friends interest. Who was he kidding, he never considered him a friend, jst another of the hero involved nerds that he lived and fought with. The guy had a way of getting on his nerves more times than not. But Ororo never did. Her silent existence a wonder, but the conflicts of her relationship a source of jovial joy to him for some reason.

"Here's something for free darlin...I didn't like seeing the good sheriff gropin' ya. I can't stand ta think about it even now. He aint good enough fer ya and truth be told neither am I...no one is. But I'm just bastard enough not ta want ya ta leave here. Ya were always good ta me Ro'. I aint had an awful lot of that in my life that I can remember, and I aint willing ta let it go again. I need ya Ro'. I've been lonely and lonely aint good. No good fer anybody...just say ya'll stay darlin. How's that fer free revelation?"

"Logan...I am sorry for causing you any pain in what you witnessed, I truly am and it's good to know that I have been a comfort to you in what may have been a...not so pleasant life, but Logan I need to know what you know about me. Please. Who's to say I will leave, this is the address I was coming to according to Stef...Sheriff Moulier.", she changed her words to save him more discomfort if she could. "I am here am I not?"

"Doesn't matter, nothing good lasts forever darlin. Just more of a lifetime of bullshit. I tell ya what, it's late and I don't want ta face the night alone. Come chase the dreams away from me like ya did before, long ago and I'll tell ya all ya want ta know in the mornin'."

There was that strange light in his eyes again.

"You have been drinking and you do not know what you are saying..."

"I know just what I'm saying. I won't try anything tonight darlin, I promise. I just want ta rest without sleep escaping me. When ya were beside me, I had the first nights rest I could remember. I want that again. Ya can ask me whatever ya want tomorrow. All I want is ta sleep in peace tonight."

He was asking so sincerely and she had hurt him by what he had seen, that was brutally obvious to her. Something told her he was not a man to beg, not ever. His pain now became hers in seeing the upset she had caused him with her hasty actions with Steffan. A nights sleep was really not too high a price to pay for a lifetime of information. Still.

"Tomorrow?", she asked, with a suspicious tilt of her head, ignoring the warning bells going off in her head.

"Tomorrow, darlin.", there it was, that undiable lopsided grin on his face that was hard to resist.


The sun was shining brightly through the patio doors of the master bedroom, that had long since chased away the shadows of night.

Though Ororo knew she was in the rooms king-sized bed, she found herself with no space to move. She lay on her side, weighted down by a heavy masculine leg resting upon her thigh and bruising arms wrapped under and over her waist, a hand -- oh my god, cupping her breast, as her back was smashed against an incredible chest. And was she mistaken, but was that a baseball bat pressing her on her thigh!

She gasped aloud. Oh god she needed to move. He had promised her he wouldn't try anything and here she was feeling violated and unable to get away.

The sound of a light snorting snore, told her, her assumptions were unjustified. Logan was still asleep, therefore innocently unaware of their precarious position.

Surely she would bear bruises from the weight of his massive limbs upon her body. If not from the fierce grip he had about her waist as he held her breast.

Hoping not to feel the enormous monster pressing into her, she tried to scoot away.

His hold tightened, pulling her in even closer, followed by another snort.

Shit!

'Come on Ororo', she tried her name in thought, 'just do it quickly, like taking off a band-aid.'

Taking a deep breath and trying to heave herself forward gained her nothing. What did this man weigh?! She'd have more success telling the wind to obey her than physically moving this man.

Gently she placed her hand over the hand that groped her boob to pry his fingers away.

She gained a nipple tweak, with a groping slide across to the other breast for her efforts. And oh god no...she had set his hips in slow motion with her escape motions. Unbelievably the monster seemed to be growing in size! No way! But yes way!

'Think girl, come on think. You gotta get your ass and the rest of you out of this.'

Though the man was asleep the basest nature of man was coming fully awake with his body leading the charge. The hand that had groped her breasts now kneading in impassioned massage that threatened to overwhelm her senses. The same hand traveling to explore the smooth flesh of her taut abdomen beneath her shirt. Not satisfied with leaving any skin untouched progressing further over curvaceous hips.

'Ororo', she heard her own voice scream in her head, over her muddled senses. Calling on all the strength she could muster she threw her bent arm back, elbowing him in his stomach. She was the one to yelp in pain. He was solid as metal and it hurt like hell!

If her mind wasn't deceiveing her, the bed had begun to shake. Was he -- was he...LAUGHING? Looking over her shoulder as far as she could she got her answer. His eyes were wide open as well as his mouth in silent laughter.

"Why you...", taking his amusement and her awareness of it as her only chance, she rolled away from him only as far as the floor opposite the bed. She was still pinned by him only this time by her abundant hair under his shoulder.

He roared out loud unable to control his enjoyment of her misery.

"Stop laughing you -- you...motherf..."

Quickly he interrupted her, "Language Ro'. Never known ya ta use strong language."

"Go to hell!"

Again he roared, but he took sympathy on her and sat up on one elbow, releasing her trapped mane, which she swiftly pulled down beside her.

Damn she was good for him. He couldn't remember when the last time was that he had laughed so honestly and freely. Albeit she was suffering from his pleasure. Speaking of which, his manhood was going to have an incredible ache from its prominent state of arousal.

She had no idea he had been awake for sometime before she stirred and had maneuvered her into the position she had found herself in. Holding her had been his own undoing, as he found he couldn't stop just there. He had satisfied himself just watching her beautiful face and feeling her in his arms till she awoke. He wouldn't take advantage of her, this was Ororo Munroe, a true goddess on earth. But once she was awake he just had to test her wares, hell he was a man. A man that had forced himself to sleep with pure temptation right next to him.

Glaring at him now for all she was worth, she spoke through clenched teeth, "You lied. You promised me you would not try anything!"

"Don't think so darlin. I promised I wouldn't try anything 'last night'."

"Semantics, you asshole, it was still a lie!"

"Tisk tisk, Ro', when did ya develop such a potty mouth. One would think ya have been around me."

She went to open her mouth in response, then snapped it shut.

"What darlin, no egg headed reply. No snappy comeback fer the oafish brute who tried ta take advantage of ya?"

A slow smile spread across her face.

"Tell me what you promised me. Now!"

'Oh shit!' his brain screamed.





You must login () to review.