Author's Chapter Notes:
I still don't own, so still don't sue me please. I aint playin'.
The brunch Logan prepared for Ororo, as she leaned against the counter sipping coffee was elaborate. After all a condemned man should have a hearty meal and he didn't trust her at the moment not to spike his with arsenic.

As for her part in the fare, she had set the table and ground the coffee beans. Again she found herself waiting. There was just no way she would let him sidle out of confessing all to her this time, even if she had to tackle his enormous frame, well maybe not that.

After waking up in such a shocking fashion, Ororo had allowed that they both shower and eat to be more comfortable with what was to come. That was her only concession considering she needed time to compose herself after such a monumental embarassment.

"Can ya grab the biscuits from the oven Ro?", he asked without the slightest hint of any remorse for his earlier actions in his voice.

Pulling out her chair and acting surprisingly the gentleman, they both took their seats and silently started their meal.

The food was really good, but Ororo had such butterflies in her stomach due to what he had to tell her she could hardly take a bite.

"Never had any complaints about my grub before Storm, what's the matter, not ta yer liking?"

"No Logan, it is all very good, I just, well you should not have gone to so much trouble."

"We need ta eat, it was no trouble at all darlin."

"Do you do that all the time?"

He gave her a questioning look with the tilt of his head.

"Oh, I mean call me darlin, or does it apply to others as well?"

"Ya've always been darlin ta me, but no there are a few others that fall inta that category."

For some reason she was more than a little bothered by that. The hanging of her head the telling sign of it. Then clarity hit her hard.

"Did you just call me Storm?"

"Yeah, I did. It's yer title or codename."

"Why would I need a code name, am I a spy", her heart rate had increased.

He didn't have the heart to string her along any longer. Especially knowing the hurt of not knowing who you really are for himself.

"Yer name is Ororo Munroe and ya are a teacher at the Xavier Institute for Gifted Children, in Westchester, New York."

Her head snapped up, her eyes locking onto his. The butterflies in her stomach becoming more pronounced.

"So your name is Logan Munroe?"

"No. Just Logan.", he held her gaze not blinking or looking away.

"What happened earlier, has that ever happened between us before?"

"Not exactly."

"Logan either it has or it has not, which is it?"

"We've hugged, but nothing much more."

"Are we married?"

The silence following that question was so defined you could hear snow fall.

"Not the last time I checked."

"Why? Why Logan, why would you say such a thing?"

This time he broke eye contact with her as he rose from his chair and walked to the counter picking up her cell phone. Holding it up to ask her permission.

Without hesitation her head nodded in the affirmative. Not fully understanding his need to use the phone right then, but at least he wasn't leaving. Her eyes were glued to his every move.

His fingers danced swiftly over the keypad, dialing too many numbers for it to be a local call.

"She's not taking no fer an answer, now is the time Chuck."

Walking back to the table he held the phone out to her.

Nervous fingers grasped the small device.

"Don't be scared Ro, ya wanted answers and that's the best way I can help ya.", he said, as he walked back over to the counter and leaned against it, crossing his arms over his massive chest.

A very timid unrecognizable voice emitted from her throat, "Hello."

"Ororo this is Charles Xavier. You have given me quite the scare. I am aware that you have suffered anmesia from an accident. I alone knew of your intended whereabouts and am glad to know that you have arrived there."

Ororo's nerves had calmed considerably, listening to the soothing lightly British accented voice of the man on the other end of the phone.

"Am I to understand that you sent me here to be with Logan?"

"No not exactly my dear. You were...without a doubt in much need of an extended vacation. As Logan has the most secluded and might I add unoccupied residence, so I thought,it was the most logical place for you to go. It just so happened that he showed up there from his search with the same need. Given your relationship I was sure he would not mind your use of his dwelling."

"Our relationship? Logan has just made me aware that we have no relationship, as he falsely alluded to before.", she gave him a tight eyed glare.

Logan raised one brow and crossed his ankle over the other, unaffected by her displeasure.

"On the contrary you share many commonalities with Wolverine, any erroneous information you may have received from him will have to be taken up with him I'm afraid."

"Wolverine? Storm? What kind of life have I lost that requires us to go by aliases?"

"If you will allow me, we are getting ahead of ourselves. I promise you Logan nor I mean you any harm."

Now it was her turn to raise a dubious brow at the infuriating Logan.

He had the audacity to flash her a crooked grin.

"You and Logan are truly unique individuals. There are certain, shall we say talents that we all possess."

Suddenly it became increasingly difficult to keep her eyes open and her limbs became heavy as lead. The room also took on a dizzying spin. Fear gripped her. "What...what is hap-pening..."

"Please don't be alarmed my dear. Sometimes it is very unfortunate that you and Logan have minds that are nearly impossible to penetrate. I have to do this this way for your questions to be answered."

Flashes of visions began to flood her mind. A beautiful white haired woman, who looked like her and a very handsome man, with a camera around his neck. A beautiful mansion, the people from the photos she had found. Some sort of strange training exercise activities inside of an extravagant gymnasium of some kind. The man in the blue furred suit and herself laughing as they touched one anothers hair. Her on the back of a motorcycle with Logan. And many more too numerous to count.

For nearly ten minutes the flashes invaded her thoughts, before the fog began to lift and the freedom to her limbs started to return.

"Ororo, Ororo...forgive me for intruding into your mind, but as I said yours is one of the most powerful minds I have ever come across, along with Logans. The images you have just seen are what I was able to unlock from your subconscious. That was just bits and pieces of your past."

"I do not...understand, how...", she stammered.

"I am a mutant. A telepath, able to access ones thoughts. You too are among that category as well as Logan. I fear I can only give you the foundation of what you have been questioning Logan about. The rest is up to you so as not to be too much of a shock to your psyche. That must be unlocked by you. I only tapped what was on the surface of your memories to give you a place to start. Take all the time you need. Logan will be there to help you, as I too will be in contact as well. Take care my Windrider and I will be in touch soon."

The phone went dead.

Ororo stood, not knowing what to make of what had just happened. Apparently she moved to quickly. Before she knew it everything went dark.


Opening her eyes she saw she wasn't in the room she had become familiar with. Instead she was in the same king-sized bed as this morning. The sun was still shining though it wasn't in the same position as she last remembered. Raising up on her elbows her eyes were drawn to the corner of the room.

Logan sat there watching her closely, his body posture completely at ease.

Stunned by his presence as always, she let out a little 'Oh'.

She was startled even further when he stood and strolled over to the side of the bed and sat down beside her. The look in his eyes of complete concern, as his hand came up to brush stray hairs away from her face.

"How ya feelin' darlin?", the deep timber of his voice uncharacteristically a little shaken.

"Compared to what? Being hit by a Mack truck or thrown off a cliff?", she tried a little smile.

"I've had both happen ta me darlin, found out ya can survive. Still not much fun though, and it hurts like hell. Can I get ya anything?"

"You picked me up and carried me in here I would say that qualifies as more than enough. Have you been sitting vigil this whole time, speaking of which, how long was I out?"

"Just about three hours. Didn't mind lookin after ya yer pretty easy on the eyes Ro."

To her own amazement Ororo reached out and wrapped her arms about his shoulders, hugging him for all he had done during her unexpected collapse. Both of his brawny hands held her tiny waist. The feeling of comfort a welcome exchange. For both of them.

Before pulling apart Ororo leaned in and kissed him on his mutton chopped cheek. The visions she had seen of this man, having awakened feelings of sympathy and respect for him.

Logan wasn't sure what it was, the lack of intimate human contact or what, but before he knew what he was doing Ororo was completely within the embrace of his arms as his mouth made conquest of her own. Finding no opposition to his ardent quest but having his actions reciprocated, he allowed himself to become more emboldened. Her beautiful neck called to him for the same homage he had paid her mouth, nibbling and suckling till his hearts content.

Her senses were becoming embroiled in the feelings he was stirring upon her neck. Either this man was extremely talented or she was starved for what he was doing. All she could think was 'Oh god it felt good'.

Logan was relishing the feel of her satin neck, as his hand stroked her fabulous mane that he couldn't resist touching.

"Logan?", she murmured, breathlessly.

"Yeah darlin?", he answered, as he continued his onslaught.

"Why did you say I was your wife?"

A cold shower would serve the same purpose as her words. His ministrations ceased as he straightened himself up to look into her eyes once again. "Seemed right at the time darlin."

"How could a lie such as that seem appropriate Logan? From what I saw there seemed to be a certain...uh hem...closeness between you and a red headed, green eyed lady. Even though I did see you and I sharing a few personal moments."

Uneasily he rubbed the back of his neck. "Look Ro, I aint gonna lie ta ya, there was an infatuation with Jean and myself, but that is over. You and I on the other hand have always had a comfortable relationship. One of the best I can ever remember...just not romantic in nature, not that I would have minded though darlin." There it was again that exasperating grin.

"What made it seem right at the time?"

Damn she wasn't going to let it go.

"Damn it woman, I didn't like what I saw when I came in here. Something about that pretty boy just set me off."

"But you said there was nothing romantic between us."

"You really don't look inta a mirror very often do ya. Anyone would be proud and damn lucky ta have ya, but that asshole just doesn't deserve ya Ro'. Something he's not coming clean about."

"Why Logan are you jealous?", she smiled.

"What if I said I was...a little? Or maybe just protective of a teammate and friend. Besides what kind of man takes advantage of a woman who doesn't even know who she is?"

"I am not a child Logan, just because I do not remember does not mean I can not make my own rational decisions. And just what do you call what you were just doing?"

He leaned in very close again, staring into her blue depths, "Making the most of the moment and acting on what I've always wanted ta do."

"I get it, you can but no one else can, am I correct?"

"When it comes ta ya for the time being...correct."

"That does not seem quite fair."

"Don't really give a fuck about fair. I've learned nothing is fair, but if ya want something ya just have ta go fer it."

"So that does not apply to Steffan?"

"Not so far as yer concerned darlin, no, not ever."

"Logan?"

"Yeah Ro."

"This conversation is over."





You must login () to review.