Playmates

Chapter 4

Sorry for the late update. I have medical problems so I have been in pain for the past couple of weeks and had writers block. But I finally pushed through both. Hope you like the direction of this story!!

Disclaimer: Not my x-men, oh well!!

Jean’s hand flew to her cheek as she trembled with anger, Ororo glared back as she crossed her arms under her bust. Logan shook his head in disbelief, for ‘Ro did not condone violence. *My kind of feisty chick!*

Jean pushed Ororo with her telekinesis into the wall hard, causing her to slam her head to the floor with a thud. Remy yelled as he and Rogue ran to the den mother’s side, she landed on her cheek and a bruise was appearing before their eyes. Logan reached her first cradling her in his arms. The look on his face was unlike any of the x-men had seen on him,

“ ‘Ro! Ororo?”

He patted her other cheek softly trying to rouse her frantically. Logan felt his animal panic at seeing its mate hurt and not moving. Jean couldn’t take seeing Logan fawning over HER, so she turned and went to leave as everyone else is occupied. Rogue grabbed Jean around her wrist as she tried to sneak off,

“Where do you think ya goin’ girl? Coward, usin’ yer powers! She didn’t need ‘um but yuh did!”

Rogue mentally called the professor and for him to call Scott and Blue. Remy and Logan sighed in relief when Ororo groaned awake. Her vision was slowly clearing and had a pounding going in her head like african drums. She found herself laying in the warmth of Logan’s arms. And rubbed her cheek that wasn't throbbing against his hairy arm. *My mate..*

“Don’t sit up yet ,” Logan warned as she tried to move, “You hit your head hard twice. Did anyone call Hank and the professor?”

“I did shug!” Rouge replied, “And Scott.”

Jean’s face fell at Scott’s name and she went still , her face going deathly pale. She had no idea what she felt for him but for some reason she was sadden by his name and felt a gnawing in her stomach. The professor came in with Hank and Scott, Hank saw Jean and put a paw on her clammy cheek.

“You don’t look well Jean,” he told her, “Sit down so I may check you my dear.”

Rogue pulled Jean back and pointed towards Ororo, Logan, and Remy. His eyes widened at Ororo lying in Logan’s arms with a bruised cheek and Remy stroking her hair softly.

But the look of relief on Logan’s face spoke volumes. Hank could smell Logan's discomfort and hear his heart racing.

“Jean is fine, but Ororo needs medical attention Blue,” Rogue explained to a very confused Hank.

He nodded and rushed to Ororo as Scott and Charles addressed a pale Jean.

Jean saw Scott and started crying as he took her in his arms, she felt his warmth. But it was nowhere like the heat of being in Logan’s arms. Rogue stepped back with a grim look and the professor sighed, knowing the phoenix was getting stronger.

“Oh Scott! She slapped me and I just shoved her back, I didn’t mean to…”

Scott glared knowing this wasn’t the whole story and that Logan probably had something to do with this and they were covering for him. Charles pulled up and looked at Jean as if seeing through her, she knew then he didn’t buy her story. She steeled her back, getting ready for a showdown.

Hank bent down, softly putting his blue paw under Ororo’s chin and turned it to the side tsking at the bruise still spreading on her cheek like an angry blush stroke. Ororo smiled softly at Logan who was stroking her arm and looked anxious. She hoped his animal wasn’t as anxious or worse, angry. Hank checked her ribs and when he reached the right side Ororo yelled out and clenched Logan’s hand hard.

“You have a bruised rib my dear and a slight concussion,” Hank told her as he pulled out some wraps and pain medicine, “Just what the doctor ordered and get plenty of rest. But you need to be woken up every hour for a bit.”

“I can do that Hank, I’ll be with her anyway,” Logan spoke up as Ororo smiled at him.

Jean glared at them and pulled away from Scott huffing, Scott’s eyes widen at her actions. He was confused as to what happened and what was still happening.

“So Charles what do you plan to do with me for hurting your precious goddess?” she asked coldly glaring down at Charles. “I know you know what happened and why so let’s not go through the motions anymore. I want to know what the great Xavier plans to do.”

Charles frowned at the young woman before him so consumed by her hate and jealously for Ororo and her lust for Logan. He thought the mind blocks around the phoenix would hold as Jean strengthened her powers and psychic abilities. Now he must figure out if Jean Grey was lost or if the phoenix could be stopped short of killing her.

“I know the phoenix is burning in your veins completely and you stopped fighting her,” Charles told her pulling up to the phoenix, “I know the phoenix always had a grudge against Ororo not Jean. And now that Ororo and Logan have chosen each other you feel your lust for him growing. But you know Logan is too honorable to give in to you, you know he lov…”

The phoenix screeched and held her head and turned from him, “You know nothing of how he feels, he is an animal. Good for killing and fulfilling lust, that’s it! He is incapable of love, he and I are the same love is useless. We only understand lust and consume it.”

Logan glared and stood up ignoring Ororo’s pleas, Hank tried to keep Ororo back but she stood up swaying slightly as Logan stalked up to Charles and the now phoenix. Scott stood frozen wondering how they would get Jean back without killing her. And they all wondered what plans the phoenix had in store for them and the world.






You must login () to review.