Playmates

Chapter 5

Sorry for the late update. I have medical problems so I have been in pain for the past couple of weeks, found out the disc above the two I had done my last surgery has a tear. So, surgery to fix it and take out my hardware. Here’s the update!!

Disclaimer: Not my x-men, oh well!!

And they all wondered what plans the phoenix had in store for them and the world.

“That’s the difference between ‘Ro and you,” Logan told her, “She sees the man and beast, accepts both. You only see one side and ignore the other. Yer a total bitch and don’t deserve to be in Jean’s body.” The phoenix screeched and threw everyone back and flew off. Charles was in his chair speechless, while Scott jumped up and went to the patio door but Phoenix was gone. Logan and Hank helped Ororo up as Remy and Rogue went to Scott and pulled him in. Scott shrugged them off and stomped to Logan and shoved his back hard.

“You did this asshole!” Scott yelled, “You couldn’t leave her alone! Is that where she was last night and the other nights?” Ororo pulled Scott away and hugged him as he struggled,

“Scott! Logan was with me last night, all night. Most nights he’s with me talking, Jean is not innocent in this.” Scott slumped his shoulders and hugged Ororo back tightly, his chest tight and tears in his covered eyes.

“I’m sorry, I know she is at fault too. I just love her so much and wish she didn’t want HIM.” Ororo released him and Logan pulled her into the safety of his arms, glaring at Scott. Charles cleared his throat,

“Phoenix has taken over her body, she is weak though from the lack of energy she usually feeds off of. Usually it’s Logan’s lust for her, but I think she can feed on anger too. She is going to come after Ororo and Logan, may even try to kill them.”

Scott trembled with anger as his leader went on about the woman he loved as if she was lost. “I honestly don’t know if she is lost Scott. But we must consider the lives of many before one. If you cannot do what is necessary, you should stay here.” Ororo closed her eyes as a tear fell, her legs gave out as her head spun. Logan swung her up in his arms as if she weighed nothing, cradling her close to his chest.

“Where is she Charles?” Scott asked evenly, “The team and I will intercept her and bring her back. If she doesn’t comply or attacks with deadly force, we will… neutralize her. Understand team?” Everyone nodded grimly, Logan felt for the man but his instincts to protect ‘Ro were too strong. “Ororo will stay with Kitty and Charles. Logan, Hank, Remy, Rogue, Bobby, and Kurt are with me. Wheels up in 15.” The group dispersed to get ready as a shiver went through Ororo, as if the night will herald in something horrible.

Logan pulled on his uniform pants and boots as Ororo watched him from the bed, her gaze burning into his heart and soul. He sighed and went to her, Ororo laid back as he crawled over her and molded his body to hers, she sighed and hugged him tightly to her.

“Don’t be a hero Logan,” she whispered and stroked his hair, “I want you back alive, even if you have to kill her to save us. I’m scared Logan, something is going to happen and I can’t stop it.” Logan cupped her face and stared into her watery blue eyes, [My beautiful mate, she needs me!]

“I’m coming back ta ya ‘Ro, no matter what. I promise, I promise.” Logan passionately kissed her, then stood up to pull on the rest of his uniform, his movements slow and jerky. Ororo zipped up his leather top and wiped the shoulders, her hand drifting down his chest to his racing heart. He covered her hands as she silently cried.

Logan closed his eyes then turned around and stormed out. But before he shut the door he cursed and stormed back to her his footsteps loud and heavy. Scott watched them from the hallway with the others as Logan enveloped her in a tight embrace and kissed her like he’d never see her again. Scott’s jaw twitched as he watched Logan kiss the only woman he loved more than Jean.

But he could see the passion they had for each other and was taken aback by Logan’s passion for the young woman. Ororo was dizzy when he released her and barked for Kitty to stay with her in his room until they came back. “I love ya ‘Ro, I’ll be back. Just wait for me babe.”

“I love you my mate,” she whispered as Kitty sat beside her and hugged her fiercely. “Be careful all of you and I love you all!”

Scott piloted with Rogue co-piloting as Logan input Phoenix’s energy signature. Kurt was praying, Bobby sat quietly, Hank was gathering medical supplies, and Remy was shuffling cards. There was a beep as the system found Phoenix at Alkali Lake, Logan’s face went grey, [What is she playing at dammit?]

“She’s at Alkali Lake Cyclops, Rogue,” he stated, then hit the console frustrated at this whole situation.

“What is she doin’ there?” Rogue inquired to no one in particular. All was quiet as Scott gave the information to Charles, his voice came into their heads suddenly. **I think some of Phoenix’s energy from the last time is in the lake. She needs it to get strong enough to kill Logan, or at least maim him and/or Ororo. It is too late for her, she is holding fast to her hate for them. I no longer feel Jean in her.**

Everyone was quiet as Charles left them, Cyclops felt his eyes water but he pushed the emotions down. He was hurt and heartbroken, his only love gone, but happy that she wasn’t the one after Logan and wouldn’t feel pain when they… Suddenly the systems go dead and the Blackbird starts to bank and fall out of the sky.

“Shit!” Cyclops curses, “Rogue, go out and see if you can slow our descent. Everyone be ready to leave the bird once we land, she’ll hit us hard. The energy is at the actual lake, don’t let her reach it! Destroy it and her!” Everyone nodded as Rogue flew out and went under the plane, trying to steady it.

“Ugh!” Rogue grunted as she settled it on her shoulders. She helped it down slowly as the landing gears came down finally. As it landed she was hit by a blast of hot energy, she rolled in the snow and took off between the tall pine trees. She saw Phoenix flying after her, her hair faint flames and clothes torn.

Rogue was suddenly in an open field and paused, trying to get her bearings. She turned as Phoenix barreled into her and they crashed into a tree, splintering it. “Ooof!” Rogue shook her head then repeatedly punched Phoenix in the back of the neck as she tried to squeeze Rogue’s torso hard. Bobby came up and tackled Phoenix off Rogue, rolling her in the snow into a tree. Rogue gasped for breath as Bobby tried to free Phoenix, but her flames made his ice useless.






You must login () to review.