Chapter Four: Blood Work!

"Gambit, I cannot…" Storm protested, pulling away his hardy grip.

It was Remy's third visit to the secluded Storm, and his third attempt to get her to go out and hang out with him. This time he was insisting that she go to basketball game with the teachers and students. Her natural instinct to shut Remy down every time bothered him. His empathy barely worked on her, and he had never seen a human or a mutant female resist his charm, even still, Storm stood strong.

"Oh, come on, chere, why not? Remy is getting tired of coming in through the window. Let's go out!"

"Stop!" She folded her arms, "I do not want to, Remy, and you cannot make me."

Remy stopped and scratched his head. "How the hell did wolverine get you on that chopper… mon belle is so stubborn you could be a LeBeau."

Storm cracked a sideways smile. It was the most Remy had ever got, and he was determined to make her smile.

"Come on, chere, you can never give me a reason to why not." He got close to her and held her head. "Just look this Cajun deep in his eyes and tell me no."

Storm tip toed up to Remy's height rested her forehead to his "No," she answered plainly.

Amazing Remy thought he could count the women on one hand that had ever turned him down. "Well I didn't expect that."

Remy shrugged his arms in shock. "Guess I'm going to have to force you!" He grabbed the beauty by her arm and flipped her over his shoulder like a caveman walking her out the front broken bedroom door.

"Gambit!" Storm shouted in a low tone angered at his actions.

Remy happily jumped down each of the stairs prolonging his time with the dark beauty over his shoulder. Laughing the whole way he dropped her at the last step "See, you're not dead."

Storm stood in Logan's baggy sweat pants and plaid shirt. Her eyebrows tinted and lips tense she was about to give Remy a stern piece of her mind… when... That giggle, that high pitch teasing giggle echoed throughout the hall. Like a frightened cat Storm was cornered by a mysterious door or the voice. Storm wasn't looking forward to conflict with Jean, seeing how Remy was blocking the mysterious door and smiling wanting the confrontation to concur.

"Move" She demanded. Naturally the tall Cajun did no such thing. "Move!" she yelled again. Rolling her eyes Storm prepared for the worst.

"What you say me and you test drive the new stick in the garage…" Logan ruff voice, shot fear into Storm spine, aggravation pooling all over her face, Storm wasn't ready for this again.

"There is no standard in the garage." Jean densely answered the pun.

"I know." Logan replied. Touching up her sides Jean giggled again.

Tearing a deep one into Strom, there was no way she was facing it again. The hatred that poured into her from Jean and the high judgment from the school was too much too soon. She was mad at herself for not forcing Remy to see that sooner.

"Uh!" Storms eyes darted between the Cajun and Logan and Jean's growing shadow. In a panic she shoved Remy a clear five feet and unlocked the mysterious door.

Stepping right into a full class room, Hank McCoy chemistry class was in full session when the strange woman busted in, dressed head to toe in Logan wear.

"Oh my," Hank said, at the surprise entrance. "Oh my," he repeated himself once his eyes focused at the raw beauty vibrating off Storm's face well out shinning her shabby clothes.

Remy slid in the door and closed it quickly behind him as Jean and Logan passed.

"Mister LeBeau." The room filled mainly of smiling young girls' faces got brighter. "Hi," they all managed to say in unison.

"Afternoon," the room was quickly filled with chatter and girlish whimpers.

"Back to work please," Hank commanded to his class.

"Umm…. Hank, a word, please," Remy called him.

"Certainly…" Hank reached for the door, but Remy shook his head and turned his back to class so the student couldn't hear their discussion.

"This is her." Remy explained by now the whole faultily had heard of Logan's marriage and how he was not respecting his vow. Besides the staff who were there the day she arrived had not seen her after that first meeting.

"Yes, ah lovely to finally meet the blushing bride." Hank stretched out his big blue fury hand to the reserved woman.

"She doesn't talk to strangers."

"Right." Hand commented at the oddness. "Why did you stop by"

"They're out there."

"Right…"

"THEY are out there," Remy tried to explain again.

"Oh! Oh, ok well, feel free to stay as long as you like, my dear." Hank put his hand on her shoulder. Slowly Storm's head turned and looked, and then she deliberately looked him in his eyes. "Apologies." Hank expressed, but his hand stayed firm. His eyes ran down Storm's long slender neck, locked in a trance almost.

"Hank." Remy snapped his fingers in front of the joyous giant's face. "Hank."

"Class, will you all please close your books and slowly exit the room, taking your homework with you."

"You didn't have to tell a class of young pubescent teens to leave class twice. They all ran out happy that class ended quickly.

"Hank…"

"Remy, we all must calmly get to my lab right away."

The kitchen…

"He has some nerve parading her in here like that. I don't know what's worse. The fact that his mistress is locked away in his bedroom or that he's still fucking Jean." Rogue picked off bay leaves and dropped them into the siring pot.

"Ha! I think you're missing the bigger picture…she's fucking him knowing all the facts." Besty pointed out, as she began setting the dinner table.

Both women looked baffled at one another before they continued their assigned tasks. They haven't seen the mysterious chick since the day she arrived or had a serious conversation with Jean and Logan. They had meetings and meals, trying to ignore the obvious and be civil with their two teammates but it was never the same.

"Listen, all I'm saying is that it's a bad example for the children and for the team. Poor Scott is walking around looking like wounded dog and pissed monkey at the same time," Besty commented. "Right… Rogue?" her friend didn't answer because the leader and ex of the Jean, Scott, had walked in.

"Ohh, hey, Scott…" Betsy looked away from his covered eyes. "Enjoy that 10k run?"

The five'ten leader with his brown hair, didn't respond. You could tell his eyes were tense behind his ruby colored sunglasses, and his freckled nose wrinkled at the topic.

The room filled with an unfavorable thickness, Scott placed his pale hand under the running faucet. The water ran red then deep to mild and then to light pink.

"Holy crap Scott you should get that looked at!" Rogue started at his hand.

"It was my next stop assuming that the two are not fucking in the lab again." He grabbed a nearby tea towel and walked out of the kitchen.

Waiting until the leader was out of frame Betsy exhaled "Fucking hell that guy needs a vacation or some good head." She looked at Rogue and both giggled knowing that neither would happen.

"Unless you're volunteering you should keep such perverted comments to yourself." The southern twang got deep, and Remy rested his head against the door frame of the kitchen. "You should never tease a man about head."

"Always the perv." Rogue rolled her eyes at his immaturity.

"You have no idea, chere. Let me know when you want a private lesion." He pouted his lips at her sending her a fake kiss.

"Barf." She countered but it didn't matter she was blushing.

"You know you're cooking that wrong. Too many bay leafs will leave that bitter." Remy criticized Rogue unrefined cooking. "Here, let me lend you a hand." Remy picked up sometime and sprinkled it on the top of boiling pot with a dash of pepper.

"Simple suttees, just a pinch of this, a touch of that and let the rest take its own." Remy ran his finger over Rogue's mesh like shirt wishing he was pressed against her ivory skin. Rogue bit the inside of her lips wishing Remy wasn't so tempting knowing she couldn't touch him. "It's time to take its own" Remy rubbed his nose in her hair it smellws defined. He exhaled rolling his eyes back, his hot breath got her ear and raw shiver ran down her back, forcing out her nipples.

"Don't you have somewhere to be, you overgrown swamp rat." Logan walked in with Jean.

Logan didn't like the Remy hanging around Rogue, she was still dear to him like a daughter or young sister, and Remy was the guy she should never bring home.

Logan's stone cold voice crippled the moment between the two southerners. Remy's eyes grew darker and more hooded. Logan was defiantly sore cock block.

"Ah, Wolverine, you two staying for dinner tonight?" Remy asked biting into a carrot. "By the way, that was fast…" He snickered and then busted out laughing.

Grabbing Remy by the collar he pinned him against the fridge. One metal claw slowly extended from his knuckles towards Remy's chin. "Did Remy say something untrue, homme." Remy was always one that played with fire.

"Logan put down the swamp rat…. Nice and slow." Betsy motioned her hands slowly down. "Think what Jean would say."

Logan snarled and pulled in his claws. "You're a real bitch you do know that." Logan shoved passed the kitchen crew to go wash up for dinner.

Betsy and Remy laughed with passion once Logan left. She had read Remy's mind and had known the joke Remy was referring to.

"Okay, ladies, don't worry. This sexy Cajun will be back for dinner and show later." Remy bid good day to the group, winking at Rogue upon his exist.

The Lab….

"And we are all sorted out." Hank disposed of his gloves and made a tick on his chart. "Well, Miss…" Hank paused not knowing what to call Storm seeing how they were never formally introduced.

"Thank you, Hank," Storm said aloud and bold enough for Hank to hear. He was taken aback by that fact she spoke perfect English with barely a recognizable accent.

"You're most welcomed. It was nothing major just a simple vaccine. Mill weed happens to a lot of immigrants coming from West Africa. You should have been vaccinated before you left but like I said, just simple vaccine and you're fine."

"What makes you think I'm from West Africa?"

"Well that's where the virus is primarily located. I'm just glad we got it contained before it began to spread."

"A tip for you, Hank… Just like I can tell, you were not born naturally blue and fuzzy. Never assume things about me, and you will only end up looking the fool."

"My apologizes." Hank stood speechless.

"Are we done here?" Storm jumped off the examination table and rolled back up her shirt sleeve.

"In a moment," he said. "I just need to look over something one more time."

Storm sighed. She hated doctors with a deep anger. "Fine."

"Just checking the pupils making sure the vaccine is taking affect."

Storm widened her eyes as Hank shined the light into her eyes. He looked at different angels tilting her head about. "Mmmhmm" he mumbled as he rolled her head about.

"What…What is it!" Storm was getting antsy and annoyed she just wanted to leave.

"Ah, not sure. Your eyes are quite faint in the light as if the arial melion is losing pigment. This is very unusual, and even from the hour that you have been here, I can tell the difference." Hank pulled back and went to his seat pulling off his glasses off his furry pointed nose. "Don't be offended because clearly you are among friends here. Are you a mutant my dear?"

"Do I look like one to you?" Storm bit back rudely.

"Well, that's the thing…" Hank chuckled, Storm wasn't impressed "Mutations don't have to be physical appearance alone. I could run a simple blood test if you'd like. I can do the test with less than a vale of blood."

"No." Storms eyes narrowed, and she looked posed in a ready attack mode when Hank picked up the needle.

Thinking she was just afraid of needles Hank offered her another option. "I have some blood on the rack that I took of yours. I can simply use that instead if this is going to upset you."

Storm looked deadly at Hank he was dead set in forcing this test and she would have no part in it. "I see…." She walked passed Hank to the tray he used while attending to her, quiescently as she walked, she extended her left leg in serious military training move, flip kicking her leg, breaking the steal tray and all the glass upon it. Hank had only seen used by Wolverine or professional trained men. "Sorry, I slipped," she commented coldly.

Unsure of what was happening Hank coughed and pardon himself "Well…umm I will get a broom for that." He exited to the extended closet, more so he could compose his thoughts and form a plan of action.

Storm let out a deep breath in relief when Hank left. She knew she should have never have left the safety for her room. All the staff was too nosey and persistent for her liking.

Pushing her hair back she twisted her black hair into a tight bun and took a look in the hanging mirror for herself. Her eyes were getting lighter, but not hazel they were getting grayer she could tell after all they were her eyes. "Ugh" she grunted in vain. This was not the plan she rubbed her brows, frustrated.

"Hey Hank, I need some stitches asap, I got into a little scuffle." Scott walked in flexing his palm. "Hank?" Scott looked up to see Storm facing him like a deer trapped underneath its captor.

They faced off for moment. Circling each other sizing each other up. Scott was the first to crack, and he knew who she was right away. "You must be her?" He dropped his head, heavy from pride he carried in front of his team. There was no need to hide from Storm. They were one and the same. From the pieces of gossip she gathered from the staff walking on rounds and mumbling over dramatic stories from Remy, she figured that he was the one heartbroken in this whole mess.

"You love her too?" Storm asked bluntly, passing by all the niceties.

"I loved her first." Scott gritted back in anger. His lips moved but nothing came out.

"And do still"

"It's that obvious to a stranger, then my team must see through my front." Scott made a fist and folded his arms.

He is burdened leader a celesa perhaps but Storm understood all too well of having to carry on for the good of your team. There were no words she could give for comfort, even though she was not a part of the problem, she was defiantly not the solution.

"Here" Storm extended her hand. Confused Scott extended his wounded hand back. "Let me see." She stared at wound analyzing it as if she had done such things before. "It isn't too deep. You won't need stitches," she said in a professional tone. "I'll prep it for you."

Scott watched as she read over the medical gear and cleaning and piling the wound before wrapping it tightly. Then she started her application of the softer tissue. He couldn't believe he let a stranger he didn't know wrap and tend to his wounds.

Scott wasn't sure what was happening. She was so captivating. A beauty he never seen, and a confidence he hadn't been inspired by since he met Jean in High School. She used such care as if he was the most important person at that moment, skills that could only be gained by teaching or caring for young children. To sum it up, Scott's brain just repeated the word amazing, amazing, amazing.

"Done," Storm said. She backed away trying to avoid Scotts glare. It was intimating not being able to see his eyes, yet she knew he was staring her down. He was blocking her from leaving and the sudden urge to run was filling her.

"Sorry, I didn't mean to stare." Scott fidgeted. "I…I don't know many girls that can do first aid. Where did you learn that?" he questioned.

"Ah, Scott! What can I do you for?" Hank reentered broom in hand. "Oh, and you are still here," he referred to Storm.

"Yeah, she fixed me up. I cut my hand but she bandaged me up."

"Really?" Hank reexamined the wound. To his surprise Storm mended the wound very well. her technique was a bit rusty, but he could see the quality in her work. "Perhaps I missed judged you…" Hank turned around to reface Storm, but she had already vanished.

"Where did she go?" Hank questioned.

"Who is she?" Scott shook his head.

Outside the door to the lab, Storm laid pressed against Remy chest, her hand over his mouth. Her eyes held wide begging him not to comment or make a scene. Nodding his head Remy understood and kept his mouth shut. Leading her out of the foyer he held her by the hand until they reached the main staircase.

"You all better now…?" Remy asked referring to vaccine.

"Oh… ummm, yes…sorry for infecting you," Storm told Remy with a heavy heart. She really had no intention of such things.

"Would have been a lot worse… that's why this Cajun raps it up." he winked. Storm shook her head at Remy and his vulgar antics.

*Uggrrruummm* Storm gripped her belly, the loud cudgeling sound was too much to hide. She had been eating less and less over the two weeks and her body was feeling the strain. "I know that sound. You're hungry, and don't deny it." Remy poked at her.

Storm couldn't hide it. She was feeling a bit dizzy, and she grabbed her belly and nodded her head in agreement with Remy. "Okay, let's eat. I'm starvvvvvving!" Remy cupped her arm like a southern gentlemen, escorting her to the kitchen.

Dishing out the last bit of food and setting them on the table. Rogue and Betsy took a seat usually eating alone. They didn't expect the team to show up for dinner, so when Remy and Storm showed up they were beyond floored but kept it cool. Connecting mentally, the two gossiped about Storm.

Sitting on the opposite side of the two girls, Remy squeezed Storms hand under the table, telling her to be strong. She wanted to just eat in her room in peace away from staring eyes, but a strength came over her with the aid of Remy. He stoked her thigh under the table writing out words on her thigh.

"So, how are you liking it here so far?" Betsy spoke up, when she was unable to crack Storm's mind.

"It's a lovely school," Storm said. "The children here are very lucky."

Remy dropped his fork from his mouth. She spoke and spoke alone and with such pride. She was blossoming in a new light before Remy, and he was so pleased.

"They are," Betsy said. "Will you be joining the roster this coming fall?" Betsy went at her like twenty one questions, but Scott intervened with his entrance with Hank.

"Take a seat, homme, and join the fun." Remy smiled widely. All the girls giving him dirty glances, Storm digging her nails into his inner thigh, with a pro poker face Remy didn't show his crushing pain.

Hank and Scott took a seat. Passing the food between them the clinking of the plates and forks were the back drop to an otherwise quiet dinner. Knowing that everyone was staring at her Storm couldn't take it anymore. If she was going to be object of chatter she would do it with her chest held high.

"So will you be joining us?" Betsy started her questioning again. After she realized Remy and Rogue were playing footy under the table.

"I don't think so," Storm said. "I don't think there is anything I could teach young mutants."

"Is there something wrong with assisting mutants?" Scott went on the defensive.

"No, it's a wonderful thing that this world needs more of. Too many children are evolving alone with no guidance. Perhaps in time this understanding would go national."

Once again Remy's food left hung on his fork. He couldn't believe how profound she was.

"Seems you understand the mutant frustration." Scott got intrigued by her responses.

"You don't have to be anything be an existing organisms on this planet to understand frustrations. It's why humility is so hard to grasp, it changes men, humanity for that." The table ate out of her hands, her grace and confident strides as she spoke and impressed them all. It really made them wonder who Logan brought home.

"Very true. I would agree." Hank gave Storm her due applause. "As Saint Augustine said… humility changes men into angles." He raised his glass and the others followed minus Storm.

"To correct you for a moment, Hank." The table paused at such a suggestion never has someone corrected Hank, but Storm continued. "I believe the correct quote is "It was pride that changed angels into devils; it is humility that makes men as angels."

"My apologizes, I do believe you are right. You are well refined." Hank smiled at Storm, and she gave pleasant head nod back. "Where did you study?"

"Where? I didn't know knowledge had specific location." Storm gave a condescending smile and went back to her meal.

"Touche," Betsy and Remy said in union.

"You should consider staying and teaching English. Here we do need a new teacher when Hank goes on his duties…" The table laughed. Hank was always torn between the UN and the school.

"Like I said I was not prep to teach young children. However I will pounder on being a substitution teacher for his absence."

Dinner was a civil union that went beyond expectable. Laugher engulfed the table and they freely began to chat up as Storm, intrigued by the loud excitement Jean and Logan, stopped off in the kitchen, before they went about their usual sexual business.

"What's the joke?" Jean came into the convo.

She picked up at an apple and bit into it. Logan came around and ran his hand across her ass before laying a kiss on her cheek. It was only when Jean looked up that she saw Storm, bright eyes pouring at her standing strong. Storm didn't blink, she held her shoulders back and her swan-like neck stood high, her beauty radiating off of. Jean was none too happy to see her face specially seeing how Logan gave his word that Jean would never have to see Storm again.

"We were discussing the politics of humility and man's inability to succumb to such grownup behavior." Storm deadlocked Jean and Logan, cocking her head she took a sip of her drink.

Catching the tone of the argument Betsy smiled and Rogue giggled under her napkin. Nothing was worse than an intelligent burn, and Storm had presented that perfectly.

"Please, you two must join us. She… is quite a gem." Betsy stuck up for Storm. She could feel Jean's negatively pouring off of her.

Storm placed her elbow on the table, and she put her long slender fingers under her chin, nodding her head in arrogance.

"I wasn't really hungry and debates we're never my cup of tea." Jean shot back.

"Are you sure, Jean?" Storm popped a piece of potatoes into her mouth "The meal is very delicious."

Dropping the bitten apple on the counter, Jean brushed passed Logan's arm and stomped out of the kitchen. Logan following behind but not before he gave the most fowl glare to Storm. She knew she had crossed a line but at that moment didn't care. It wasn't like Logan slept next to her or even spoke to her since they arrived.

The table was filled with tight lips, attempting to hold in her laughter.

"I miss our family dinners." Remy laughed and took a gulp of his beer.

Her heart about to leap out of her chest, Storm gripped back at Remy tugging hand under the table. If Remy wasn't by her side, she wouldn't have the courage to be so bold. Looking down at her food, Storm inhaled slowly.

"Make a wish," Remy said to her.

"What?" Storm gave Remy a confused look.

"You have a silver hair." Remy pulled the single strain of long hair from corner of her left brow. "Silver hair, make a wish." He lifted and showed her the strain.

"Yeah…" Storm paused, her tongue stuck in her throat. She closed her eyes and made a sincere wish upon it.

"Careful, you pull one, and the next thing you know your whole head is gray and white." Betsy teased.

"Yeah, that would be something." Storm held her temple in distress.





You must login () to review.