The next morning, Logan went out early to get some more firewood for that night, while Storm slept in. When she woke up, she found Logan's note beside her. After reading it, she was going to start getting dressed, when there was a familiar tingle at the back of her mind. I'm sorry to disturb you, Storm, Jean said, but this can't wait.

What is it, Jean? Storm asked.

Remember that test you asked me to run?

Yes.

Well, I just got the results in.

And?

They've confirmed your suspicion, Jean said with a note of glee. You're pregnant.

Storm smiled at the thought of finally being a parent with Logan as she placed a hand over her stomach. How far along?

About a week, Jean replied. They broke he connection after a little bit of girl-talk, Storm sighing in content as she imagined what her life was going to be like as a mother.

A twig snapped outside, bringing her out of her thoughts. "Logan?" she called, stepping out of the tent. "Logan, I-" she was cut off as something knocked her down. She screamed in surprise and allowed a boom of thunder to follow, to tell her she was in trouble

R

Logan had a pretty good handful of sticks when the scent of blood caught his attention. He followed the stench to a cluster of bloody trees, where distinctive claw marks could be made out. Already, he was getting the feeling that he should not have left Storm alone, but he shook it off, following the trail of blood until he found the body of he decapitated bear. There was a sudden scream, and a boom of thunder. "'Ro," he growled, extending his claws and racing back to the camp.

R

Almost as soon as Storm hit the ground, the animal was on top of her. "Remember me?" he whispered, stroking face with his claw. She twitched away from him as he took in her scent; he picked up Wolverine's all over her- which was to be expected- but, he also picked up the faintest trace of a new scent. He smiled sadistically at her. "He knocked you up again, didn't he?" he growled as his prisoner struggled beneath him. Grabbing her throat, he gently scraped his claws against her skin in warning.

Storm nodded at his unanswered question, ceasing her struggles as she trembled in fear. Memories of what he did to her before flashed through her mind. "What do you want?" she asked weakly, despite the fact that she knew the answer.

Sabretooth reached up to stroke her cheek with his claws, causing her to release an involuntary shudder. "You know what I want," he replied, relishing in her fear. "And I'm going to get it whether you give it to me willingly or not." He raised his hand, ready to strike when something bowled him over; giving Storm the chance to flip over onto her stomach.

Fighting back the flashbacks that assaulted her mind, she looked up to see who her savior was.

Sabretooth laughed. "Look who's come to the rescue."

Logan had Sabretooth pinned to a tree, on hand holding him, the other with all claws out prepared to take Sabretooth's head off. "You son of a gun," Logan growled, rage boiling through his veins. "Why?"

"Same reason as all the others, Runt," Sabretooth replied smoothly. "Just to make sure you remembered her place. I didn't kill this one, because she's nothing like the others."

"But you left her for dead!" Logan snapped. It took all his strength not to cut the other's head off then and there.

Sabretooth just smiled. "She wasn't any more use to me."

Logan swiped at his opponent's throat, but Sabretooth countered it and kicked Logan in the gut. Logan doubled over in pain, and Sabretooth knocked him over. The two rolled until a lightning bolt stopped them.

Sabretooth looked up to see Storm standing a few dozen meters away from them. He smiled and launched himself at her. Storm tried to run, but he caught up to her and had her on the ground before she could say, 'butterfingers.' She placed a hand protectively on her stomach, despite knowing what little good that would do her as he flipped her on her back. "Say goodnight, Princess," he whispered.

He had prepared to once again strike her, when Logan knocked him aside. "Leave her alone."

"Why?" Sabretooth asked twistedly. "She doesn't belong to you; she belongs to me."

Logan launched himself at Sabretooth in a frenzy. Sabretooth laughed as he dodged. "Did you know she screamed for you, Wolverine?" he taunted. "Screamed for you, begged for you to save her. It was music to my ears." Wolverine slashed again, but Sabretooth dodged, punched him in the stomach, and knocked him over, where he pinned him down. "When she realized you weren't gonna save her, she begged me to stop. Of course," he added with a sick smile, "I never stopped. Then- and this is my favorite part- as a last resort, she told me she was carrying your child." He laughed. "Not that it would make a difference if she told me or not, I could smell the changes in her."

"You knew she was pregnant?" Wolverine demanded.

"Of course I did! And you know what? I enjoyed every minute with her."

It was as if Wolverine could see the images clear as day as they raced through his mind. Sabretooth raping his beautiful fragile wife; Storm screaming at the top of her lungs for him to come save her, and then realizing that he wasn't coming; she'd had no one to comfort her, no one to share the pain and shame with. Enraged to no end, Wolverine threw his adversary off of him, and lashed out with all the rage and anguish he had buried in him for so long. "You raped her!" he cried, his heart breaking as he spoke the words, kicking Sabretooth in his sensitive spot. "Then you tortured her until there was no more fight left in her..." he slashed at the bigger mutant's torso, just like what he did to Storm- except, the scratches were much deeper. "Then you raped her again, and again!" Repeatedly, he kicked at Sabretooth's weak spot, wanting him to feel the pain he caused Storm- but in a much more severe way.

Sabretooth was on the ground writhing in pain, but the fight was far from over. "Then, when you were finished with her, you left her in the worst state possible." Wolverine slashed at Sabretooth's cheek, but the cut practically healed instantly. "Do you have any idea what you put her through? What you put my marriage through?"

"Does it look like I care?" Sabretooth countered painfully.

"I wasn't able to touch her for over a week!" Wolverine punched Sabretooth in the jaw, breaking it. "She's had nightmares for months!" He stopped at to look into the amber gaze of his arch-nemesis. "Do you know what else? She had a miscarriage because of you. She lost my child because of what you did to her." He raised his hand for the final killer blow when a soft voice called out to him.

"Logan"

Wolverine turned to see Storm looking up at him pleadingly. "Don't kill him." He was shocked to hear her say this and was about to protest when she cut him off. "I don't want to raise a child knowing that their father is a killer."

Logan looked back at Sabretooth, and stood up, giving him one final kick in the ribs with a blow to the head for good measure, knocking him out.

A gentle rain began to fall; Logan turned to see Storm still on the ground. He hurried over to her, and picked her up bridal style, as she wrapped her arms around his neck. Their foreheads touched briefly, and Storm nestled her head at the crook of his neck. Logan touched her cheek with his in a loving manner, while he walked back to the tent. "I'm sorry, 'Ro," Logan said when they reached the tent. "I shouldn't have left you alone."

Storm looked into his eyes. "You didn't- though, I will say I was terrified from suffering the same fate as I did last time, but you saved us, and that's all matters."

"Us?" Logan asked curiously. Storm nodded, taking his hand to place it one her stomach. It only took a moment for Logan to realize that she was with child. "When did you find out?"

"Jean told me earlier today. I'd been feeling a little dizzy and nauseous last week, and I asked Jean if she could run a pregnancy test."

Logan embraced his wife. "We should head back to the mansion then."

"Something tells me that you don't want to get me home just to get away from... Sabretooth." Storm released an involuntary shudder as she said his name. Logan placed his arms around her. He smiled a little at the remark, despite her shudder. "I'm not taking any chances with you, darlin'."

R

After reaching the mansion, Logan and the Professor conversed privately. "I really must congratulate you, Logan," Charles said. "You must be really happy."

"I am, Chuck," Logan replied distractedly as he looked through the cracked door of the office to watch Storm talk with Kitty, Rogue and Jubilee in one of the common rooms across the hall. Jean and Scott joined them a minute later. "But Creed's still out there."

"And you fear he will come for her again."

"He did on out camp out," Logan growled. "What's to stop him from attacking her here?"





You must login () to review.