Nine months later...

Logan and Storm had waited for what seemed like ever for their child to arrive. Every day since he had found out, Logan had greeted Storm every morning with a very tender kiss, and then stroked her stomach to greet the little bit of life growing in her- and also just because he wanted to make Storm tingly, since that's what his touch on her stomach did to her. Once in awhile she had a mood swing where Logan had to stay away from her, but they weren't as bad as Jean's mood swings- Logan had to pity Scott when she had them.

They were on a shopping trip during her sixth month of pregnancy when she stopped and gasped. "What is it, darlin'?" Logan asked, his voice laced with concern.

"She kicked," Storm said, a smile spreading across her face.

"You mean he," Logan corrected slyly. They had had this mock-argument since Storm found out she was pregnant.

"You want to make a bet?" Storm asked mischievously.

"Alright," Logan replied, wrapping his arm around her as they continued to walk to the car.

During the next three months, the child would at first start kicking, and then stop when Logan tried to feel, and start again when Logan wasn't looking. "How're you feeling?" Logan asked one morning during Storm's final month, as he sat down next to his wife. He placed a hand on her stomach and felt the child kick him. "I haven't forgotten about you, kid," Logan laughed, kissing Storm on the top of her head. "But you're mother is the one who's suffering.

"I am not," Storm said with a laugh, elbowing her husband in his side. "And I'm doing fine. She's a little restless though."

"I still say it's a boy."

Storm giggled. "I'm going to enjoy you doing diaper duty for the next year. It'll save me the trouble from doing it myself."

"Jean does her kid's diapers," Logan growled. Jean had had her child, Hope Summers, a couple of months earlier.

"Yes, but she already knew her child was going to be a girl, and I know for a fact that Jean uses her telekinesis to change the diapers."

Logan scowled while Storm chuckled. "You two talk about everything."

"What do you expect when two pregnant women are on bed rest half the time?"

Logan got up and went to the kitchen. "You hungry?"

"Logan, you're talking to a pregnant woman-"

"That's right, you're always hungry."

"Not always," Storm corrected, smiling. "But most of the time I'm famished. I'm eating for two after all."

Logan laughed as he grabbed some ice cream from the freezer. Lately Storm had been craving a lot of chocolate ice cream with cookie dough, chocolate chips, brownie bits, and hot fudge sauce.

He heard her gasp in pain, and rushed toward the common room after putting the ice cream sundae on the table. "You alright, darlin'?"

"Yes..." Storm said, wincing as she breathed out. "I think I should go lie down for a bit."

"How'd you get down here anyway?" Logan asked, just now realizing that she wasn't supposed to use the stairs.

"The wind."
She walked to the foyer, and used the winds to lift her up into the loft. It was then that Logan heard a thud. He raced up the stairs to find Storm trying to sit up. "What happened?"

"I don't know," Storm said as Logan helped her up by supporting most of her weight. "I felt a sharp- agh!" she cut herself off as pain struck her back, which was already aching due to the weight of the child. Suddenly she felt something trickling down her leg. "Logan , my water's broke."

Logan smiled, but quickly took action, carrying Storm down the staircase as he called for Jean.

For eight hours he waited. When Storm's screams stopped, he heard the cry of a child.

Hank came out with a smile on his face. "You can come in now, Logan."

Logan stood up and walked into the infirmary. He saw Storm holding a bundle in her arms. As he came closer, Storm looked up, and the smile on her face broadened into a gleeful mischievous one. Logan had a bad feeling about this. "Happy about finally holding our kid?" Logan joked.

"Very happy, Logan, "Storm replied. "And she's happy to see us."

"She?" Logan asked, dreading what Storm was about to tell him. He really did not want to handle the dirty diapers.

Storm nodded. "Mm-hmm," she said smiling. "Meet your daughter, Logan."

Logan groaned. He had lost the bet. He'd try to worm his way out of it later. Right now, he was just happy to see Storm smiling and happy. "Want to hold her?" Storm asked.

Logan nodded as he took his child in his arms and sat down next to Storm, who had made room for him on her bed. "She looks like you," Logan commented.

"She has your eyes," Storm replied.

Logan chuckled and wrapped an arm around her. Storm sighed as she leaned against his shoulder. "Tired?" Logan asked.

"Very," Storm replied. "Eight hours? It was torture."

Logan chuckled, giving their daughter back to her mother. He kissed Storm's forehead, watching as she slowly drifted off to sleep. Logan gently took Kendall Logan into his arms and walked around the room, rocking her.

Jean walked in a moment later. "Storm's out of it, isn't she?"

Logan nodded, giving Kendall to her, so that she could put the baby in her crib. He then returned to Storm, wrapping her in his embrace- in the last few months of her pregnancy, he had been unable to do it- and watched her sleep. He caressed her face, tracing her perfect complexion, Then he kissed her moist parted lips that were begging him to kiss her. She stirred a little and snuggled deeper in his embrace. He chuckled, smoothing her hair back as he rested his head on hers and fell asleep within five minutes.

THE END


Chapter End Notes:
Or is it? Anyone want a sequel?



You must login () to review.