One week ago...

Storm sat in a chair, waiting for her results to arrive. Jean walked in with a clipboard. "Are you ready to hear your results, Storm?" Jean asked smiling.

"Don't leave me in suspense, Jean," Storm replied.

"You're pregnant."

Storm gasped happily. "How far?"

"Eight weeks," Jean replied happily, embracing her best friend. "Does Logan know?"

Storm shook her head. "I plan on telling him later today, I just needed confirmation."

Jean smiled. "Well, you have it. Are you going to tell the Professor?"

Storm nodded. "I'm going up to see him now."

When Storm reached the Professor's office, he knew that something good was happening. When Storm told him that she was pregnant, he smiled, and congratulated her and Logan. Storm felt like she was walking on air, and that this day couldn't get any better- except a night out with Logan.

R

Logan was allowed to come in a couple of hours later. As he walked in, Jean walked by with a shoe box. Logan guessed that it contained the fetus that was supposed to be their child. For a moment, he contemplated on what it would've been like to be a father. Then he remembered why he was in there and turned to Storm, who was sleeping. She had an IV drip attatched to her hand, but that was the only thing that Logan noticed, besides the sleeping goddess' beauty.

As he approached the bed, Storm woke up. The moment she saw him, tears welled up in her eyes. "I lost it, didn't I?"

Logan nodded, reaching out for Storm's hand and squeezed it gently . She didn't even flinch at his touch, she looked defeated, like a mortal and not the goddess he married. "Why didn't you tell me?"

Tears started to flow freely from her eyes, as she stifled a sob. "I was going to tell you on the walk," she whispered, her voice cracking. "But then he happened and-"

Logan hushed her, cupping her face while wiping the tears away. It didn't escape his notice that she tensed, but he didn't care about that right then. "Don't talk like that. You're gonna get through this." He looked at her pleadingly, begging her to open up to him.

Storm broke a moment later, and Logan wrapped in his arms around her. Her body went rigid, but she didn't resist. "Why me, Logan?" she asked, sobs wracking her body. "Why did he choose me?"

"To get to me," Logan answered softly, stroking her hair. "He likes to hurt those close to me. That was why I was hesitant to marry you, in case like this happened. I didn't want him to hurt you." Storm pulled back a little to look into his eyes. "But my heart was too weak not to marry you." Storm actually gave him a small smile, before Logan pulled her back in his embrace, as the sobs slowly died. "Let us help you, darlin'." Storm buried her head in his neck, shaking her head no. "You can't go through this alone, 'Ro," Logan said calmly- though anger was boiling at Sabretooth, as he planned gruesome acts against the beast to avenge Storm.

Storm seemed to think about it for a moment and then nodded, tears streaming down her face. After a minute, Logan slowly began to rock her, cradling her in his arms as he did so. After a few moments, Storm's body relaxed, and she soon drifted off into a comfortable doze.

Jean walked in on them. "I'll come back a little later," she said quietly.

Logan nodded, and quietly watched Storm's sleeping form. Things had certainly taken a turn for the better.

R

Storm was released later that day. She didn't have much energy, though, so she retired early. Logan went out on the balcony for a smoke. It was a habit that he had nearly stopped, but as of recent events, he had picked up the habit again. He exhaled and looked over the lawn. It was now clean and tidy once again, and very beautiful with the setting sun. He sighed. It was at this very spot that he proposed to her; the spot where he had told Storm that he loved her; the spot where- and this was his favorite memory- he and Storm shared their first kiss.

Exhaling another cloud, he took one last look at the grounds; his eyes coming to rest on a set of amber eyes. SNIKT! The claws came out, glinting in the last rays of the sun. There was absolutely no way that Logan was going to let that animal come up here without a fight; he had put Storm through enough pain, and Logan was determined to protect her at all costs.

The leaves rustled, and the amber eyes turned out to be a mountain lion, on the hunt for some deer. Logan relaxed his hand and sheathed his claws. He was getting paranoid, but he knew that it was better to be safe than sorry.

He put out the cigar with the palm of his hand, then turned to go back inside. He slipped under the covers, being careful not to disturb Storm, and watched her sleeping form as she slept peacefully. He wished that it could remain like that always, but, sadly that wasn't the reality.

Laying his head down on his pillow, Logan thought about how nice it would be to hold Storm in arms around Storm once again, when she trusted him fully and did not fear anything.

R

Storm was lying in the middle of a meadow, the warm sun shining down on her as she laid down on a picnic blanket. Logan was sitting on the other side of a picnic basket that was sitting next to her.

He grabbed a sandwich and came over to her, and she sat up. He stroked the soft blue flower in her hair. Storm smiled, as he placed the sandwich down and cupped both hands around her cheeks. Storm blushed as she laid back down, ready for Logan to take her.

He began by kissing her lips, and then trailing down her neck. Storm moaned, and she opened her eyes, expecting to see Logan, but in a flash, he was replaced by the beast, the weather turning from beautiful to stormy. She was also back on the pavement in between buildings instead of at the meadow.

Fear clutched at her insides. "I'm going to enjoy this," a deep voice growled, starting at her lips, making Storm want to gag. She started struggling under the animal, as he felt his way under her virgin white dress.

Tears filled her eyes. She couldn't let this happen to her again. Gathering her strength, she brought down a bolt of lightning, and escaped him. She stopped at a corner for breath, but that was a fatal mistake as she was knocked over, and saw the face and glinting teeth as lightning flashed through the sky.

R

Storm awoke with a scream as she shot up in bed. Logan was instantly awake. "It's okay, Storm," he said soothingly. Storm looked at him fearfully for a moment, her body rigid, then she relaxed. Logan wrapped her in a loving embrace. She tensed a little, but relaxed, returning the embrace. He kissed the top of her head, rubbing her back and murmuring to her soothingly.

After a few minutes, she finally calmed down enough for Logan to gently make her lie down. "Want to talk about it?"

She started to shake her head, but then nodded. Logan waited patiently for her to begin. "We were in a meadow, having a picnic," she began slowly. "We were starting to make love, like we usually do." Logan help but smirk as he remembered the last time they did that. Love always came first, then food, then love again. "Then..." she said hesitantly.

"Take your time," Logan encouraged, smoothing her hair. She looked so vulnerable and beautiful at the same time, it was all he could do to not kiss her as his heart broke.

"Then it was ruined," she said, her voice cracking as she fought back a sob. "I had closed my eyes for a moment, and I opened them..." her voice trailed off, too afraid to say it.

"He was there, wasn't he?" Neither of them had to ask who it was, there was only one person they would talk about like that.

Storm nodded, crying again as Logan pulled her close to him. She offered no resistance, giving in to him. She fell asleep in his embrace, and Logan couldn't help but think that things were starting to clear up for them.





You must login () to review.