Logan awoke with Storm still wrapped in his arms. He smiled and stroked her face, she stirred a little but stayed asleep. Logan got up, careful not to disturb her, and went down stairs. "Hi, Logan," Rogue said. "How's 'Ro doing?"

"I think she's getting better," Logan said optimistically.

"Yes!" Kitty and Jubilee- who were right next to Rogue- said gleefully, as the three of them high-fived. Logan smiled and shook his head and continued eating his breakfast.

R

"'Ro!" He called into the greenhouse. "Storm, it's me."

"Come in," Storm answered.

Logan did. The flowers were blooming nicely as he walked by them, and Logan couldn't help but be reminded just what an amazing woman his wife was. he found her watering her plants with a small rain cloud. "You're very good at that," he commented.

Storm gasped and whirled around, only to turn back around, flushed with embarrassment. She turned her attention back to the cloud, but unfortunately she had lost control of it, and sighed as she watched the last bit of it disperse. "Th-thank you," she stuttered.

Logan slowly stepped towards her. "What's wrong?" he asked, resisting the urge to wrap his arm around her. He might've been able to that last night, but Storm could be as unpredictable as her weather patterns sometimes, and he didn't know if his touch would comfort her, or send her over the edge.

"You must think I'm being silly," she said. "Jumping after telling me that it was you." She placed a hand to her forehead, shaking it.

"No," Logan said gently, "actually I don't. I'd actually be surprised if you were actually better. Though, I must admit, I still miss the way things were."

Storm smiled sadly. "I miss it too. Especially the long walks and the love making."

"Careful now," Logan warned teasingly. "You know how I get when you talk like that."

Storm actually laughed a little, but the feeling only lasted for a moment. Throwing caution to the wind, he placed a hand on her shoulder. She winced as his fingers brushed a still tender bite mark, but didn't pull away. Storm placed a hand over his, giving it a gentle squeeze. "Thank you," she sighed.

"For what, darlin'?" Logan asked.

"For being there for me and not giving up on me," Storm replied.

Logan gently grasped her other shoulder, and turned her towards him. "I'll always be there for you 'Ro," Logan said.

Storm smiled and blushed a little as she looked at the floor. "Was there something you needed?" she asked, tucking some of her hair behind her ear.

"Yeah," Logan replied. "We're about to start a Danger Room session, and I was wondering if you wanted to join us?"

Storm thought about it for a moment. "Who are we going up against?"

"Sentinels seem like a good idea to me," Logan said.

Storm nodded. "I was done here anyway," Storm said. "And, I think it'd be fun."

Logan smiled, he was finally getting his goddess back.

R

The Danger Room session was going pretty well. Storm, Jean and Rogue were working pretty well together, while Wolverine was paired with Cyclops, and Iceman. Jubilee, Kitty, and Colossus were the third group. At the end of the session, though, the tide had changed.

"Jean, where's Storm?" Logan asked as she landed in front of him.

"I lost them in the fog she created to hide us," Jean replied. "Rogue's still out there as well."

Logan started looking for them by picking up their scent. He found Rogue's easily. Dodging missiles, and laser beams. He found Rogue in a shelter with Storm knocked out beside her.

"She was stunned," Rogue said. "Ah was close by when it happened."

Logan knelt down next to her and looked her over before picking her up. Five minutes later, Logan had caught up with the others, and Storm was just starting to come to. She gasped and started to struggle at first, but at the sound of his voice, she calmed down, her eyes going from cerulean blue to brown once again.

After the session Logan took Storm out for a walk. "How're you doing, darlin'?" he asked.

"My back is a little sore from the hit," Storm admitted. "But I'm doing fine."

Logan smiled. They stopped at a lake where they were known to spend time star gazing. Logan had brought a blanket with them. Storm was sitting hugging her knees to her chest, and was rocking back and forth. "We could go back inside if you want," Logan said, leaning back on his hands.

"No, it's fine," Storm replied, as she stopped rocking. "It's just..."

"Just what, darlin'?" Logan asked, turning on his side, and propping himself on his elbow.

"Hard, I guess," Storm said. She laughed. "It's crazy, I know; I'm claustrophobic, and love the open air." She looked down. "Now... it just seems scary to be out here. When I know... he's still out there." Logan scooched closer to her, and stroked her arm. She flinched for only a moment, but let him continue. "I'm sorry I keep doing that," she said.

"There's no need to apologize," Logan replied, "it can't be easy after what he did to you."

Storm shook her head. "It's not. I know it's you, but my mind keeps telling me that it's him." She sighed.

Logan looked at her. "You know what's most memorable about this place?" he asked.

"Your double engagement?" Storm asked, smiling. "After I said yes to your first proposal, we went out star gazing and then we cuddled for a bit. During which you asked me again, and I said yes."

Logan chuckled, and embraced her. Later that night, Storm was sleeping closer to Logan than she had in over a week. Logan smiled and stroked the silver hair closest to him.





You must login () to review.