"Let me interrogate her," Logan said suddenly. Ororo looked at him, fear coming off of her in waves as she bit her lip.

"You are the best at what you do, Logan," Butcher said, taking off the gloves. "I'll give you an hour, and if she doesn't talk, Victor will have a go..."

Victor shot Ororo a sick twisted smile before following Butcher out of the cell. Logan waited until he was sure they were well away from the room before he approached Ororo. "What happened, darlin'?" he asked, crouching beside her chair. "How did ya get caught?"

"One of the children in my village was seriously ill," Ororo began, her voice hoarse. Logan knew that no one had given her anything to eat or drink. It was part of the interrogation methods to make the prisoners talk. "I remembered where you told me the medical center was. I have experience as a pick pocket, so breaking in was easy. However, I was unprepared for the silent alarms that I must've set off, because as I came out, I could hear the soldiers coming for me and Rogue. I gave Rogue the medicine and gave her cover to run."

"Who's Rogue?" Logan asked.

"A girl my village shelters," Ororo explained. "A while back, very early during this war, a man named Charles Xavier came to the village with a group of young children. He said they were mutants, and that I was one also. He came to us for refuge because the mutants were being hunted down in his country. A bomb took his life a few months ago, and my people have sheltered the children ever since." She started coughing for a minute. Logan wished he had brought some of his own water, so that he could quench her thirst. "By the time I covered Rogue's tracks with the fog, the soldiers had stunned me with one of their darts."

"Did they harm you in any way?"

"They hit me several times, to try and get me to talk," Ororo replied. "The one they called Victor, he pressed his hands to my throat, but no one could make me talk."

"You're lucky they called for me," Logan said, solemnly. "Lately they've been roughing up our lady prisoners." He brushed back some of her shocking white hair from her face.

Ororo looked into his eyes. "Tell me the truth, Logan, did you participate in them?"

Logan sighed. "I've done a lot of horrible things in my time, 'Ro," he said, stroking her cheek. "But I would never touch a woman like they were." Logan hugged her gently- and rather awkwardly since she was bound tightly to the chair.

Logan didn't know how long he had been like this, but then he looked at his watch and realized that they remained like that for about half an hour and he had only fifteen minutes left with her. They would be expecting her to be screaming with pain, and Logan to have marred her skin with his claws. He didn't want to do that to her beautiful skin; but, he knew he had to if he wanted his plan to work. "' Ro, darlin'..." he asked, gently, looking into her eyes so that he could reveal his heart to her. "I need you to do somethin' for me, okay?"

"Okay," she replied, knowing that this was going to pain him, but she trusted his instincts to get them out.

"I need... to scratch... you up a bit..." he said hesitantly, swallowing the lump in his throat. It really hurt him to even say that. "These men expect you to be injured, and they want you to be screaming at the top of your voice. I swear, I won't go deep, and it will give me time to get what I need to get us out of here."

"Us?" Ororo asked.

"I'm bustin' outta here."





You must login () to review.