After gaining some distance. Logan set Ororo down and began treating her wounds that either he had inflicted or the tormentors. When he was done, he gave her some water so that she wouldn't become even more dehydrated in the heat of the sun And then he picked her up to continue the journey.

As he walked through the desert, Logan cradled her close to his chest. She had become extremely weak, and he wasn't going to take chances with her. The wind in the desert blew with all its fury as sand and dust stung his eyes. He was tempted to wake Ororo up, and ask her to stop it, but she needed to regain her strength. Thankfully, he knew the way to her village. The only question was, would there be enough time to save her?

About an hour later, the dust storm ended, and Logan was stumbling through the dunes. He tripped, dropping Ororo, and he rolled down to the bottom. He spat the sand out of his mouth and stumbled over to Ororo. She hadn't moved at all, and her breathing seemed shallow. Her skin was hot to the touch... Logan wasn't sure if it was the sun, or a combination of sun and fever. "Stay with me, darlin'," Logan said, pouring some water over her, to cool down her body. Logan could do without water for a long time, his healing factor would take care of it, but Ororo couldn't.

It was about another hour before Logan ran into trouble. Poisonous darts hit him in the shoulder, and he stumbled a bit, nearly dropping Ororo. A girl with a white streak in her brunette hair came out as he pulled the dart from his shoulder. "What's the big idea?" he growled. "Can't you see I have someone who needs help?"

"Oh mah gosh!" the girl exclaimed. "Storm!" She turned and called to someone else. "Remy! Bobby! Colossus! Pixie!"

With a puff of pink smoke, the others appeared. "What's..." Megan began, but stopped when she saw Ororo. "Storm!" The others crowded around Logan, and Pixie said the magic words. "Sihal! Novarum! Chinoth!" With a puff of smoke, they disappeared again, and appeared in a tent, where a young girl with slightly curly brown hair laid.

Someone took Ororo from his hands, and laid her down on an empty bed. He was hurried out of the room, with the other children and forced to wait for the official diagnosis. "Who's the other girl?" Logan asked the kids who were all huddled around him.

"Shadowcat- her real name's Katherine- or Kitty- Pryde," the white-streaked brunette said. "She got injured and it got severely infected. Storm and ah went to get some antibiotics for her, but Storm was captured."

"Storm?" Logan asked.

"That's what we call her, because of her gift," Rogue replied.

Logan nodded. It suited 'Ro perfectly. Remy, a cajun and Rogue's boyfriend, came toward them with a look of relief on his face. "What's goin' on, Remy?"

"She's extremely dehydrated, and dey t'ink her wounds may have a couple of infections, but dey think she will make a full recovery."

Logan breathed a sigh of relief, and walked into the room, where his beloved peacefully rested. They had hooked up an IV to her, but that was the only thing that was new. There was an empty chair next to the bed, and he sat down in it, watching his love; taking her hand, and lightly kissing it. He would wait until the end of the world for her to wake.

A

"Who do ya think that is?" Rogue whispered to the others.

"Judging by the way he acts," Jubilation Lee- Jubilee- replied, "I'm betting that's the man Storm would sneak off to meet."

"You think that's her lover?" Alison Blair- Dazzler- asked. "That's so sweet!"

"Oh, it's her lover alright," Elizabeth "Betsy" Braddock- Psylocke- said. "His mind his filled with nothing but love and concern for her."





You must login () to review.