Logan sat beside Storm for two days straight; he hardly slept, and barely ate anything. The only thing he really did was keep himself hydrated. "You gotta wake up, 'Ro," he whispered to her. "These kids need ya... I need you." He brought her hand to his cheek, just so that he could feel her touch against him. "C'mon, Storm... ya can't give up like this. You're a fighter, a warrior, just like me. These people look up to you. Don't leave them now..." He kissed the palm of her hand, tears threatening to come out.

Storm stirred, her head moving to one side, and her hand cupping his cheek. "I guess you've never heard that real men cry," she whispered hoarsely, from lack of use of her vocal cords.

Logan couldn't help but smile at the comment as a tear escaped down his face. "What are you talkin' about?" he said. "I'm a real man."

Ororo laughed, and tried to sit up. Logan had to assist her, before she was comfortable. "Where's Kitty?" she asked, looking around.

"She was deemed well yesterday," Logan said. "Rogue got the medicine to her."

"Good," she replied, sighing.

"Got a question fer ya," Logan said.

"What is it?"

"Do they know about... us?"

Storm shook her head. "They suspect that I have been seeing someone lately, but they don't know who it is... unless Psylocke has sneaked into your mind."

"I hope she hasn't," Logan said, shuddering. "I don't want them to know that I've been with the enemy."

"You're not like those others," Storm said, reaching out again to cup his cheek. "You're strong and filled with a sense of honor... unlike most of those other soldiers that kill for the thrill of it; rape other women, because they can't control themselves; and torture other people, because they find it amusing and it gives them answers that they need."

"I'm glad you see it that way, 'Ro," he said to her, reaching out to stroke her hair. After a moment, he kissed her hand and got up. "Get some more rest, you need your strength. Want me to get ya somethin' from the cafeteria?"

"Yes," Storm replied.

Logan headed toward the cafeteria, or whatever it was called, and got his food. When he sat down to eat, he was joined by Jubilee, Kitty, Rogue, and Psylocke. "So," Rogue began, "how long have ya known Storm?"

"You're just now askin' me that, Rogue?" Logan grumbled.

"Well, we wanted to respect your privacy when you were visiting her," Jubilee said. "Now that you're out, you're all ours."

"You could spill, or I could look into your mind and find out everything we need," Psylocke added.

Logan growled. "I've known her for about five years now. We've been engaged for three."

"Engaged!" All of them exclaimed.

"Yup," he said, standing up. "Now if ya don't mind, I need to take 'Ro her food."

A

After Storm ate, she was released from the medic area and back to her own little hut. She was told to take it easy for a couple of days... well, they certainly were going to do that. "Is this what you Americans call taking it easy?" Storm asked as her lover kissed her neck once again.

"When we're bored, yeah," Logan replied, hugging her body to his, enjoying the feel of her close to him once again. "And I'm Canadian, darlin'," he added, with a kiss hungry with passion to her lips.

"What's the difference?" she asked.

"Free Health Care," he replied, kissing her nose, then her eyes, forehead, chin, both cheeks, and then her lips once again. "more nature... cold most of the time... more mountains... less conflict..."

Storm smiled, moaning as Logan trailed kisses down her neck once again. "Sounds inviting," she said, kissing him back. After a few moments, they broke apart, and laid back on the sheets; Logan enveloping her in his embrace. "How did this happen?" she asked him, looking over her shoulder to gaze into his eyes.

"I don't know 'Ro," he said simply, stroking her arm. "One minute I'm on patrol, the next... my heart was stolen."

Storm smiled, kissing him lightly again, then letting her tiredness take over as she fell asleep.

A

Back at the base camp...

"The traitor must be found," Captain Butcher told his team. "Victor Creed, you will lead the raid. When you find the traitor, take him... and the woman. There's only one reason why he would take her away from here and not any of the other prisoners."





You must login () to review.