For the next two days, all was peaceful. Logan spent time with the children that Storm took care of, and taught them the survival skills that they would need, while also bonding with Kitty, Jubilee, and Rogue. Those three seemed inseparable, and they liked Logan, a whole lot, giving him the nick name Wolverine, because of his metal claws that came out of his knuckles.

At the end of the second night, Logan settled into bed next to his beloved. "When do you think we should get married for real," Storm asked as Logan wrapped his arms around her.

"When the war's over," he whispered to her, kissing her forehead. "Until then, technically we're still engaged."

"I wish we were married for real," she whispered, kissing him. "All this sneaking around with our relationship makes me uncomfortable... especially when the children know that something's going on."

"I know, darlin'," Logan replied, stroking her shoulders, feeling the muscles relax. "Just hang in there." They feel asleep like that, and remained that way the entire night. The morning, however, was not very pleasant.

A

Sabretooth looked out from his hiding spot just a few hundred meters from the village. He could smell the traitor and the witch that they were after. All the men had to do was create a diversion for him to get into the right hut, knock the traitor out and take the witch hostage. He'd follow them. "Go," he growled. The first wave was sent out to the nearest hut, and they launched year had in it to drive out the residents. Sabretooth followed the scent to the hut where his quarry was, getting ready for some serious action.

A

Logan's enhanced hearing picked up the first sounds of screams; at first, he thought it was just kids pulling pranks on each other. However, the screams got louder and louder as more joined and he knew this was no joke. They were under attack. "'Ro," he whispered, shaking her shoulder a little bit. "Wake up!"

Storm moaned as she looked at him bleary eyed. "What's wrong?" She asked.

"We're under attack," he replied, getting his jeans on and grabbing his gun. It was then that a tear gas cannister was tossed into the room. Storm started coughing immediately as the gas quickly filled the room. "Storm!" He called, fighting the effects of the gas. "Storm. Use your powers to disperse thflags around you!"

It was difficult for her, he could tell, but she finally managed to get it done, thouaffects effects still lingered. He hurried over to her, pressing her against his chest to prevent the from affecting her further, and they hid under the window sill.

When it was cleared up, thanks to Storm's powers, Logan pointed the gun forward, and urged Storm to get up and stay behind him.

A

A young girl a little older than she was took a swipe at Kitty Prude, who phased just in time to avoid getting seriously injured. Colossus came in behind the girl, and knocked her out with a punch to the back of the skull. Rogue came in and took the girl to the cave where the other children were hiding.

A

A growl came from the hallway, and Logan readied his gun to shoot. As soon as a foot stepped out into view, Logan shot it.

the injured soldier yelped back, Logan ventured out into the hall, and dispensed of the soldier. When he turned back to his room, though, he saw Storm being held hostage. He shot the soldier in the head; Storm ran towards him, and was about to follow him out the door when she was caught by a clawed hand... a hand she knew all too well.

The sound of gunfire caused to look up sharply, but she couldn't make a sound as her attacker had his hand around her throat. She shocked him, and then performed a roundhouse kick, but it did her little good.

A

Logan fired shots at all the soldiers; most just to injure, others were fatal. Until he ran out of ammo, and the platoon surrounded him. he heard a scream, and he turned to see Storm being dragged out of the hut by Victor Creed. "One wrong move, runt," he said. "And she dies."

Logan looked down in defeat. He surrendered to them willingly. He wasn't going to let them hurt 'Ro. The soldier closest to knocked him out with the butt of his weapon.





You must login () to review.