Logan awoke with his hands tied behind her back. Two guards stood in front of him, blocking the view of the rest of the room. He could smell the fear coming off of them in waves; Wolverine's bezerker rages were well known amongst the soldiers. Another scent reached his nostrils; it was faint thanks to the two machos standing in front of him, but Logan would recognize the other scent anywhere. "Alright, fellas, where is she?"

The guards looked at each other nervously. The door to the interrogation room opened and the captain walked in. "Don't worry, Logan, she's fine... for noe."

"You leave her out of this, Butcher," Logan snarled. "She has nothing to do with this."

"On the contrary, Logan, she has everything to do with this." The two guards stepped aside to let Butcher into the group. Logan caught a brief glimpse of another body on the other side of the room. "Now, why you take only one prisoner and leave the rest behind?" He stopped and whispered into Logan's ear. "YOu're in love with her." He started to circle Logan again. "You know the penalty for desertion, soldier; however, since we can't kill you, we'll just make you wish you were dead."

Victor entered the room then, walking toward the body at the other end of the room. "I'ts nothing personal, Jimmy," he said sweetly. "I'm just following orders.

Logan felt rage boiling in his veins as he fought against his restraints, trying to get to Storm before Victor could touch her. He release his claws, only to realize that he couldn't cut through the chains. "Don't struggle, Logan," Butcher said, smiling as Victor reached Logan's lover. "You're only gonna make it worse."

A

Rogue, Kitty, and Psylocke were standing around their prisoner as she woke up. "Where am I?" she asked.

"You're in enemy territory," Rogue said. "Specifically, you're our prisoner. Now, here's how this is gonna work. You tell us what the heck you're doin' here, why you attacked the camp, and maybe we'll let you go. You don't tell us, and we'll have our psychic ninja here probe your mind until we find the answers."

The girl glared at the others for a moment. "I'm X-23. We're here for the oil this tribe is living right on top of. We don't attack unless we're attacked first normally; but, we had a traitor desert us. He took a prisoner with him. A tall woman with pure white hair."

"That's Storm," Kitty said.

"Who's this traitor you're talkin' about?" Jubilee asked, walking in on their interrogation. "What did he look like?"

"A little taller than the woman, black hair that's split. His trade mark is adamantium claws."

Rogue, Jubilee, and Kitty turned around in a circle. "That's Wolverine," Jubilee whispered.

"No way, he wouldn't hurt Storm," Rogue said, shaking her head. "You all saw how they acted 'round each other. Ya can't fake that kinda love."

"Wait, she said that Logan was a traitor... do you think she meant that he left the army?" Kitty asked.

"Probably," Psylocke said, joining their circle. "I've probed his mind a couple of times. He's never had any malicious thoughts, but he does hold stuff deep in his mind that I can't even reach."

"Either way, we've got to rescue them," Rogue said, looking at X-23. "Where's your facility at?"

A

Logan had been forced to watch and listen to Storm's screams and cries for help. No matter how much he struggled, he couldn't get free of his restraints. "Let's leave him alone with his... mate now," Butcher finally said. Victor held Storm by the neck to show Logan that he would kill her if Logan didn't behave himself as they released his restraints. As soon as they were all out, Victor dropped her on the ground. She grunted with pain as she landed.

Logan hurried over to her, cradling her in his arms. She was extremely weak; sweat clung to her body, scratches and bite marks covered her skin from head to toe. "I'm sorry, 'Ro," he whispered, stroking her hair back from her face. The tears came slowly out of his eyes. He held her close, almost in a protective manner. "I'm gonna get us out of here..."





You must login () to review.