Author's Chapter Notes:
A/N: Okay, so apparently I'm getting called evil on here and on the RoLo Realm because of my cliffies. I CAN'T HELP IT! It usually means I've hit a road block. I'm not trying to intentionally torture you... but I do admit, it's fun when I see the reviews. I take it as a compliment. It keeps you involved. And reading and reviewing, which is what we authors thrive on, right? ;D Okay, back to the story.
X-23, Dazzler, Angel, Pixie, Iceman, Rogue, Colossus, Jubilee, Gambit, and Shadowcat all headed toward the facility. X-23 had told them that she had been trained to be a merciless assassin; but, lately she's been feeling that something just wasn't right about her duties and had considered deserting the army... Until Logan beat her to it. "The interrogation room is on the bottom level," X explained. "If your telepath can handle the guards, getting in should be pretty easy. It's the getting out that use have to worry about; especially if Sabretooth is down there with them." She shuddered.

"Who's that?" Shadowcat asked.

"Logan's half-brother," X replied. "He likes to torture women, and spend a lot of alone time with them. The supervising officers order it sometimes to get what they want from the female prisoners. Although, I have a feeling that this is a little different."

"You mean..." Dazzler trailed off, not wanting to speak her fears.

X nodded; all the girls boiled with rage inside.

"Psylocke, initiate drop-dead-sequence knockout," Jubilee said.

A

Logan didn't know how long he was in the corner when Storm started moving in his arms. Her eyes fluttered open, and for a moment she didn't know who was holding her. "Sshh, darlin'," Logan said soothingly. "It's only me."

"Logan?" She whispered hoarsely.

When he nodded, she relaxed, allowing him to press her to his chest. She wrapped her arms around his neck, and began to weep softly. His touch was soothing to her. She knew he had done all he could to try to save her, but he just wasn't able to this time. She didn't blame him at all, it wasn't his fault that they were captured. She kissed him lightly on the lips, which he returned. When he tried to deepen it, though, they had to break apart fast before Storm lost control of her emotions.

"I'm sorry, darlin'," he said.

"It's alright," she said. "It's not your fault. You did what you could."

Suddenly, ten new bodies showed up out of nowhere... as if they were ghosts. "I am never doing that again!" One of the girls that Logan knew well said. It was X-23- No, Laura Kinney.

"Storm!" Rogue cried when she saw her mentor and friend in Logan's arms all ravaged. "What happened?"

"Sabretooth happened," Logan growled.

"We need to get you outta here," Pixie said, walking up to them and placing a hand on Logan's shoulder. Suddenly, the door to the interrogation room opened, and Victor walked in. "Sihal! Novarum! Chinoth!" Pixie cried, and with a puff of pink smoke, they were gone. However, to their dismay, the alarms went off as soon as they reappeared.

Logan released his claws, until Rogue stopped him. "Oh, no ya don't, sugah," Rogue said. "You're stayin' here and lettin' us do the fightin'. You've done enough." She turned to Storm. "Mind of ah barrow you're powers?"

"Go ahead," Storm said, holding out her arm as Rogue removed her glove. Storm gasped for a second, but was still conscious when Rogue was done. Rogue's eyes turned pure white as she brought in the fog. Then the fireworks went off... literally. Jubilee's powers were blinding and stunning guards left and right. Dazzler used the sounds of those fireworks and the natural sounds around her to create her lightshow, blinding enemies nearby. It allowed Logan and Storm to get to the fence, but he didn't go through it. Storm used the winds to get them over the fence, at the cost of losing precious energy that she already had little of.

"You need ta save your strength," Logan told her.

Fifteen minutes later, the entire group was reunited and was about to teleport back, when Sabretooth jumped out of a tree and knocked out Pixie.





You must login () to review.