Five months later...

Logan and Storm were eating dinner with Scott and Jean. Yesterday, Jean and Storm were out at the mall when Storm told Jean what had happened five months ago. Jean was completely shocked, and understood why Storm did what she had to. However, Scott- who found out from Jean- was not so forgiving. During dinner, all her could do was glare at her, and his visor began glowing red every time he saw Logan give her some loving attention. Eventually, after Storm recommended some dessert, Scott got up and left without a word.

"What's his problem?" Logan asked.

"I don't know," Jean replied, searching his mind, only to be taken aback. "How about that dessert?"

"Sure," Storm said, sighing a bit as her baby kicked. Logan looked down at her abnormally large stomach, pressing his hand against the bump.

"Ya alright, darlin'?" he asked.

"Stomach's bothering me a bit, but I'll be fine."

Jean came back with three hot fudge sundaes- Storm's was double the fudge. After eating, Storm decided to go for a walk. Logan wanted to join her, but she made it clear that she wanted to go by herself. "I better go check on Scott," Jean said, leaving Logan alone.

After Storm got back from her walk, she decided to go see what was wrong with Scott. She found him coming out of the danger room. He stopped and stared at her for a moment. "What's wrong, Scott?" she asked.

"Nothing," he stated, walking away from her.

"Clearly something is," Storm said, following him. "You left dinner early, and you have been avoiding me all day. Why?"

"Why?" Scott asked, wheeling on her. "Because of that." He pointed at her baby bump like it was some sort of offensive thing. "You cheated on Logan, Ororo, and yet Logan treats you like nothing ever happened."

"Scott," Storm said calmly. "You need to understand, I had no choice-"

"Everyone has a choice Ororo," Scott countered. "And you choose the wrong one!"

"If you knew what I was faced with, you would understand-"

"Understand what? How you can go behind Logan's back and then act like nothing has changed? Do you even know if that's his child or not?"

Tears started coming to Storm's eyes. "No-"

"Then you don't deserve the child." Scott simply stated, bringing two fingers to his temple.

Storm, while very hesitant to use her powers, charged the air around her and brought down a lightning bolt to block his shot. Outside she released a rumble of Thunder to let Logan know she was in trouble, and she started to run for the elevator. She stopped when she felt a tightness in her stomach, and doubled over in pain. She turned as Scott prepared to shoot again, and wrapped her hand protectively around her stomach. "Scott, please don't do this..."

"I cheat on Jean, and everyone treats me different, why should you be treated like everything's the same?"

"Scott, you have no idea how much I regret cheating on Logan-" She barely had enough time to block the shot that Scott threw at her.

"Enough-" Before he could finish and take another shot, Logan came busting into the hallway.

"Are you okay, 'Ro?" Logan asked, blocking Storm from Scott.

"No..." she whispered, gasping in pain, praying for it to go away.

"You forgive her after what she did to you?" Scott exclaimed.

"She didn't do anything to me," Logan growled. "She did what she had to do to protect our daughter! And possibly your wife and all the other girls on campus."

"You don't even know who's child she's carrying!" Scott retorted.

Logan lunged at him. "And I don't care," he snarled, his claws being held against Scott's throat. "She did what she had to do to protect the kids and the family."

"Logan!" Jean exclaimed, not entirely shocked at what she was seeing. She knew that Logan and Scott were at their limits with each other, but she never thought she would see this. "What's going on?"

"He attacked 'Ro," Logan replied, sheathing his claws and walking toward his downed wife.

"Is this true, Scott?" Jean demanded, watching as Logan picked Storm up and headed toward the infirmary.

"Yeah," he said.

"Why?"

"Everyone is treating her like she didn't do anything wrong, and everyone thinks this baby is a miracle."

"I'm disappointed in you, Scott," was all Jean said before going to the infirmary to help her friend. Hank McCoy was in there also, helping treat Storm.

L

Logan waited for about three hours outside the infirmary, watching Scott closely, until he left the lower levels entirely. Logan sniffed and then turned to the window where he could see his beautiful Goddess as Jean and Hank bustled around her, running their tests. Jean came out a few minutes later. "You can come in now, Logan," she said.

"Thanks, Jean," Logan said.

"And no worries about Scott," she said. "He's gonna have a sore back two weeks from now."

"You're putting him on the couch for that long?"

"He attacked my best friend," She replied. "And I'll make sure he gets the Danger Room sessions you're supposed to have, and I'll make sure the kids know to torture him."

Logan smiled and entered the infirmary. "Hey, 'Ro," he said. "How're you feeling."

"Like I was just struck with my own lightning bolt," Storm replied tiredly. "Hank says I'm on bedrest for at least a month. The children are fine, though."

"Children?" Logan asked.

"I'm carrying triplets." Storm explained, smiling. "Which explains why I'm larger than most women."

Logan chuckled and took her hand. "So when am I allowed to take you back to our room?"

"Tomorrow morning," Hank said coming into the room. "I want to keep her here for overnight observation."

"Alright, furball," Logan said, "but I don't want Scott anywhere near her."

"Understand, Logan," Hank sighed, and went back to whatever he was doing.

L

Scott knocked on the door which was surprisingly locked. "Jean?" he asked.

Jean opened the door, gave Scott a pillow and blanket, and slammed the door in his face. "Couch."

"What?" Scott asked. "Why?"

"You attacked my friend, Scott," Jean replied. "That got you two weeks on the couch. Goodnight."

Scott grumbled as he walked back downstairs."

L

As soon as Storm was asleep, Logan went upstairs. As he passed the living room, he saw Scott grumbling as he settled down on the couch, and smirked. Boy is he in for a surprise tomorrow , Logan thought as he grabbed a beer and went back down to get some rest beside Storm's bed.





You must login () to review.