Logan drove the girls to Storm's apartment. "Thanks for the ride," Storm said as she got out.

"No problem," Logan replied, watching as she got out and walked toward the door of the building. "Okay, Red, where do you live?"

"A couple of blocks from here," Jean replied. Logan looked in the back to see Jean changing out of her black top. He had to admit, she was beautiful. "Hey!" she said, catching him. "Eyes front or I'll knock you out."

"Okay, okay," Logan laughed, putting the car into drive. "Why are you changing anyway?"

"Scott doesn't know that I work at a club. Let's just say he wouldn't approve. He's a boy scout."

BtM

As Storm entered her apartment, someone came up from the living room. "Where have you been?" Kitty Pryde asked. She turned on the light and gasped in horror. "What happened?"

"Please, Kitten, I do not wish to talk about it," Ororo replied. Kitty knew what kind of work she did, and didn't approve of it, but it did allow Storm to keep up with the bills and everything else.

"Okay," Kitty said, returning to the couch.

"Kitty," Ororo called. "Here, take this. This should allow you to buy something nice."

"What about the rent?" Kitty asked. Their land lord, Amahl Farouk, wasn't a very nice man, and had increased the rent when Storm took in Kitty.

"You just let me worry about that," Storm replied. She knew she was gonna have to ask Victor for money, and he would make her pay it with sex no doubt.

"Okay," Kitty said, knowing exactly what Storm was going to do to get the money. She headed off to her room and Storm went to hers. Kitty texted Rogue, to see if she could help Kitty with finding a job. She had met Rogue when Storm ahead taken Kitty out for a girl's night with Jean, and the two were now best friends.

"Rogue, do you know what happened to Storm?"

BtM

The next morning as Kitty went off to school, Storm was served with a final notice, saying that if she didn't pay by Friday, she would be evicted. She nearly broke down in tears, but had to get to work.

"You okay?" Jean asked.

"I need to ask Victor for more money," Storm replied, tears trailing down her face.

"Storm, how much do you need?"

"Five hundred."

"What? That's ridiculous."

"What can I do, Jean?" Storm asked pleadingly.

Emma Frost interrupted them. "Victor will see you now," she said wickedly.

Storm looked at her friend sorrowfully, and went back upstairs. Victor smiled when he saw Ororo. "Come in, Princess, to what do I owe this pleasure?"

"I need to ask for a loan," Ororo said hesitantly. "I face eviction otherwise."

"What happened to the money I gave you yesterday?" he asked, getting up to lock the door.

"I gave it to a girl I'm sheltering," she said, her head bowed in shame. His hands were on her shoulders not a moment later.

"And now you come to me for money," he said, pulling her hair back. Storm nearly flinched, but she kept her mind of clear and tried to focus on anything else but what was going on. He slowly unzipped her dress, and slipped the shoulder straps off her body. Then he grabbed her wrists and threw her onto the ground. "You know what you have to do if you want the extra money," he growled, reaching for his belt.

Storm whimpered but nodded slowly, thankful she hadn't eaten anything yet.

BtM

Jean was serving drinks with Rogue when one of the despised regulars came in. "Hello, Phoenix."

"T'Challa," Jean replied bitterly. Jean hated this man's guts because of what he did to Storm on a daily basis. He would not see anyone else but Storm, and he treated her almost as badly as Victor did.

"Where's my favorite Goddess?" he asked, acting like he was the king of the club.

"Meeting with the boss," Jean replied. "She should be back in about an hour or so."

"Okay, then, I'll wait."

Jean wanted nothing more than to kick him out of the club, but he was a major supporter of this place, so that was out of the question. Instead she turned to Rogue. "What's up?"

"Nothin' much," Rogue replied as she put on her apron and started doing the few dirty glasses. "Kitty called me last night, wanting to know what had happened to Storm."

"What did you tell her?"

"Ah told her the truth, but I warned her that if she let it slip to Storm that ah told her, it was gonna be the end of her."

Jean chuckled. "Well, let's hope that Storm has a place to return to by the time Storm gets done tonight. From what I hear, Amahl Farouk is not a very nice man and can get pretty mean. "

"Kitty can stay over at mah place with Remy if Storm needs her to stay with someone."

"I'm sure Storm would appreciate that, especially under the circumstances."

Business sped up fast, to the enjoyment of both waitresses. Jean suddenly saw her husband in the mix, and ducked behind the shelves. "He still don't know ya work here, does he?" Rogue asked.

"No," Jean replied. "Can you take over until he leaves, please?"

"Sure, sugah," Rogue replied. She kept an eye on Scott, but then frowned in suspicion. It looked as if he was waiting for someone. Then he saw the most hated blonde in the club approach him... and they kissed. "Oh snap! Jean... ya might wanna come here and take a look at what's goin' on."

"Why?" Jean asked coming around front, only to stop. "Tell me she kissed him."

"No... they kissed each other," Rogue replied, just as shocked as she was.

BtM

A few hours later, a familiar friendly face showed up. "Hi, ladies,"Logan said as he sat down at the bar.

"Same thing as yesterday?" Rogue asked.

Logan nodded. Suddenly, there was a scream, and T'Challa threw Storm down on the floor, storming off as he left the poor woman in tears. Jean rushed over to her friend, gently helping her up. "Come on, Storm," she said, leading her behind the counter.

"What happened?" Logan asked worriedly.

"One of our regular customers likes to rough up Storm," Rogue explained. "It's gotten worse lately. I don't know if he's trying to relieve stress or if he enjoys torturing her as much as Vic does."

"Rogue, can you take over my shift for awhile, just so that I can get 'Roro cleaned up?" Jean called.

"Sure, Jean."

Logan watched as Jean took Storm to the back, and Rogue take over the counter. Though the brunette with the white streak and the red head were beautiful, the white haired one was drop-dead gorgeous. He would pay any price to have even one night with her. However, he knew that she would probably kick him where it hurts if he so much as tried to touch her. The way these men were treating obviously made her put on a mask so that no one could see how much she was hurting inside. Problem was, he saw through, and so did these two friends of hers. He decided to try and get through to her, let her open up to him... starting with a nice dinner.





You must login () to review.