Storm woke up, not sure what happened last night. She grabbed the hundred dollar bill on the side table, and walked back to her apartment. When she got there, though, her door was locked, and the eviction sign was on there. She hurried over to Amahl's door, hoping she could reason with him...

BtM

"So where's that husband of yours?" Rogue asked.

"You mean about-to-be-ex-husband?" Jean asked, preparing the liquor. "I told him he had a week to either he gets rid of his mistress, or he gets served with divorce papers."

"Oooh, sounds like someone is gettin' the boot."

"You got that right."

"Hey, ladies," Logan said coming up to them.

"Usual, Logan?" Rogue asked.

"Sure," Rogue said getting the beer.

"Listen, I need to tell ya somthin'."

"Anything, Logan," Jean replied.

"I'm not a body guard for the next senator," he said in a low voice. "I'm under cover. The cops want to raid this place, but they don't have enough evidence yet to do it. They plan to raid it next week."

"You're a cop!" Jean exclaimed.

"Yeah, and I know when the raid is. Next Saturday. I need you two to be out of here by nine on that day."

"Okay..." Jean said hesitantly. She looked over at Rogue. "We're so screwed." There was a silent tapping at the back door. Jean looked at the time; Storm didn't need to be here for another five minutes. So who was at the door?

Rogue answered it, but then yelled for Jean. "Oh, Storm..." she said, leading thI other woman in. Her cheek was swollen, her eyes were deeply bloodshot, she was trembling, and she could barely stand, let alone walk. "This is worse than Victor... Who did it?"

"Farouk," Storm replied, clutching her stomach as she continued to cry. He evicted me, and I asked him if there was anything I could do to pay off the debt, and there was one thing."

"I don't need the details," Jean said, knowing exactly what had happened. She doubt Storm got the apartment back. "But ya gotta stop doing this to yourself, Storm. I don't know how much longer I can see you like this."

Storm sniffed, and walked away so that she could go off to get a paycheck.

BtM

Later that night, Storm was able to convince Victor to let her stay at the club until she had enough money to pay rent. She was in a dreamless sleep when there was a sudden huge weight on her; she looked up to see Victor on top if her and he handcuffed her wrists to the bed. "You want to stay here," he whispered, "you do as I say."

Storm nodded fearfully, as the years came to her eyes agaibegs he began to wonder when this would all end.

BtM

Logan walked in two days before the raid was supposed to happen. "Look what the cat dragged in," Rogue said.

"Long time, no see, Logan," Jean said, handing him his beer. "What's going on?"

"Just finishing up some stuff before the you-know-what."

The two women nodded, then returned to their task. "I've actually come to see 'Ro."

The two women looked at each other. "She's in her room," Jean replied. "Good luck. Not even we can get her to open up. She only opens the door to clients."

Logan knocked lightly on the door. "Come in," a voice said. Something about the way she said it sent warning flags all through Logan's mind. When be saw her though, anger burst through his veins.

"'Ro," he said, rushing to her side. If there was ever the perfect picture did a battered woman, she was it. He suddenly felt guilty for not protecting her and bing around her for several days.

"How do you want it done?" She asked him. Logan was shocked to hear her say that. He was about to tell her something, when her lips caught his in a heated kiss. he didn't object to it, as his wants reached the surface his conscience. After the first ten minutes or so, he felt guilty about it.

"Darlin'," he said gently, pushing back some of her white hair. "I need to tell ya something." She didn't respond to anything. Logan knew it was because if the how the men were treating her. "I'm a cop. An undercover cop."

"What else is new, all men are the same. They use me for pleasure and they go home satisfied while I'm suffering on the inside."

It broke Logan's heart to hear her say that. "I'm so sorry darlin'," he said. "I wasn't able to come here to protect ya, like I should have."

"You can't be here," Storn said. "If he catches you, you're a dead man."

Logan nodded, getting dressed and kissing her on the cheek. I'm gonna make this up to ya, 'Ro, I promise.





You must login () to review.