Logan returned to the bar a day later. He didn't bother with his beer, and instead headed straight for Storm's room. He gently knocked on the door, then opened it when there was a small response. "'Ro?" He called, walking in. She was on the bed, nude, with her wrists tied to either post. Clearly someone enjoyed making sure she stayed where she was at all times.

He raced over to her, taking his knife out and cutting her restraints. She stirred and looked at him. "Why do you care so much for me?" She asked. "I'm a call girl; I have sex just to keep a roof over my head. Why do you care so much?"

"Because you stole my heart," Logan replied honestly, "and everyone deserves to be loved, no matter what they are or were."

"Forgive me if I have a hard time believing that," Storm replied bitterly.

Logan nodded, understanding that it was going to take a little but more than comforting words to make her see that he meant her no harm. "Listen, 'Ro, I need you to get out of here by nine tomorrow; the cops are going to be here to raid this place and make arrests. I don't want to see you among them."

Storm looked away as tears began to trail down her face. "I-I can't," she whispered. "He won't let me."

"Who?" Logan asked.

"Victor." She was about to explain more when the lock to her door started moving. "Hide in the closet," she whispered in his ear. Logan did, closing the door just as the room door opened.

"Sorry to disturb you, Princess," Victor said, "but my wife will be out later than usual tonight, so I thought that you wouldn't mind some company."

"No, I wouldn't," Storm replied, her eyes averted at all times.

Logan watched from the closet as Victor forced her to perform several acts that disgusted Logan. No wonder she was wary of him; if she was treated like this everyday, it no doubt took a major toll on her psychologically.

After watching the session for several hours, Logan finally dozed off. When he awoke, he looked at his watch to realize that it was almost time for the raid. He had to do something. "Bub, get off the girl and put your hands up," he said, coming out of huge closet.

Victor laughed. "This is how you repay me," he said turning toward Storm, who started whimpering in fear. "By letting a cop in here." He slapped her, and she held back a scream of pain. "After I took you in! You were nothing but a thief that became a whore! I made you something better!"

"Yeah, a victim," Logan put in. "Let her go."

"Why? She's my property. I got her off the streets, made her stop stealing; gave her a land lord who put a roof over her head. Until page forgot to pay rent. Out of the goodness of my heart, I let her sleep her. But nothing comes without a price."

Logan grinned. "I was hoping you would say that," he said. The door was kicked in and the SWAT team came in. "Arrest the blonde one," Logan said, "but leave the woman. She's a victim, not a prostitute." He took out his recorder from his pocket, rewound it, and hit play. "Why? She's my property."

Victor looked like he was about to lunge at him, when someone kicked him where it hurts, and he fell, stunned.





You must login () to review.