The team rushed forward and picked Victor up, handcuffing his hands behind his back. Storm, who had kicked him, kept the sheets wrapped around her body, as the men walked out of the room with the prisoner, and thanked Logan for his work. When they were gone, Logan walked toward her; he was completely aware of the wary glances she was shooting at him, but he didn't care. "It's okay, darlin'," he said, easing himself down next to her. "He won't hurt you anymore, I'll see to that personally."

Storm nodded, trying to keep back the sobs. Logan wrapped his arms around her in a loving embrace, and she clung to him, sobbing into his chest. "Let it out, darlin'," he said, rubbing her back."Just let it out."

After about ten minutes, Storm stopped. "You alright now?" He asked her, wiping the tears from her eyes.

Storm sniffed and nodded. "Where can I go, though?" She asked him. "I was evicted."

"Can you stay at one of your friend's?"

"I don't know..."

"Well, if ya can't, you're welcome to stay at my place."

BtM

Ororo was called to the stand a few months later. She describes how she met Victor, and how he had taken advantage of her. Logan wanted nothing more than to rip the guy to shreds after listening to her testimony.

When Storm got off the stand, the court was adjourned for the day, and Logan wrapped his arm around her. However, Victor decided it would be nice to stir up trouble, so he tossed her an evil smile and touched her arm. "You'll be sorry you betrayed me," he said.

"Get him out of here," Logan ordered as he protectively led her out of the room. The last thing she needed was more trauma. "You alright, a darlin'?" He asked as soon as he got her outside and away from the press.

Storm nodded, trying to suppress the emotions she was feeling. "I just want to go; get away from here."

Logan nodded, leading her away and to a nice restaurant. After eating, he took her back to his place, setting up a nice hot bath for the both of them.

With a moan, Storm settled into the nice hot water, pushing back all thoughts about the trial and her testimony. Logan slowly bathed her, and all she could think about was his touch.

After the bath, Logan carried her to the bed, devouring her lips. He had never felt such a strong emotion toward anyone before. Not until now. He used to be a man who would do a job "because he's the best at what he does." Now, he felt as if his world had been complete because of her. "I love ya, 'Ro," he whispered into her ear.

"I love you too, Logan," she whispered, returning and deepening his kiss. During the night, Logan calls up Jean and Rogue to see if they would go to 'Kay' Jewelers with him tomorrow. Storm would be at the restaurant, where she worked at as a waitress, so that left him plenty of time.

While Logan was out, Storm used the pregnancy test she bought last week, hoping her suspicions were wrong. She was disappointed when she saw that it was positive. Question was, how was she going to break the news to Logan?





You must login () to review.