Logan raced back to the cell just as Stryker finished drawing Ororo's blood. He had apparently also given her another dose of the sedative, because she was out of it. "Hello, Logan," Stryker said as he got up with three vials of the prisoner's blood.

"Why are you drawing her blood, Stryker?" Logan demanded.

"Why else?" Stryker replied. "Do you think I'd give up such an opportunity to test on her?"

"Leave her out of this," Logan growled. "You've already caused enough mutants pain and suffering, you don't need another one on your list."

"I don't believe that's your call, Wolverine, " Stryker sneered, using his code name. "She will be used in an experiment before we release her and that's final."

Wolverine watched him enraged, but kept it down. He was going to get Ororo out of here, tonight.

EWX

Ororo was asleep, tired from struggling against the tape, and the sedative's were taking their tolls on her. Logan and Wraith were watching her. When they were sure everyone was asleep, Logan knelt down next to her. "'Ro," he whispered, shaking her shoulder a little bit.

"What?" she moaned, opening her eyes slowly. "You..."

"Listen carefully, darlin', do you want to get out of here?"

"Yes," Ororo replied, a little bit of hope sparking into her eyes.

"Good," Logan said. SNIKT! He popped his claws, causing Ororo to flinch a bit as fear came into her eyes. She was still a little weak to access her powers, and she hadn't been able to break free of her restraints. "It's alright, I'm not gonna hurt you," he said, sensing the fear in her. He sliced the bar that she was on, and then sliced through the duct tape. "This is may hurt," Logan told her as he peeled the tape off.

Wraith appeared out of nowhere. "You ready, Logan?"

"Yes, Wraith," Logan replied, picking Storm up.

"Why are you doing this, Logan?" Storm asked, as Wraith touched Logan's hand.

"Because I'm tired of seeing mutants suffer," he said, pushing some of her hair back behind her ear.

"She speaks English?" Wraith asked, surprised.

"Yeah," Logan replied. "Keep your mouth shut about that, though, the last thing ahe needs is an interrogation by Stryker. There was a puff of air as Wraith teleported them out of the cell and into the forest. "We better just wait here for the night, save our strength."

"I got the tents and survival kits," Wraith said, taking off two packs from his back.

"I'm fine," Ororo said groggily, curling up on the forest floor. Logan shrugged and curled up next to her. The night had a chill to it, and he wanted to make sure she stayed warm.

Wraith smirked, putting a blanket over the both of them. You go for it, Logan,Wraith thought as he took first watch, sipping his coffee.

EWX

Logan woke up with his arm wrapped around Ororo's waist, he quickly removed it before she could wake up, and went to where Wraith was. "Still awake?"

"Yup," Wraith replied. "Better wake her up, And be on our way."

Logan gently shook her shoulder. "Darlin', wake up."

Ororo stirred and turned to see Logan. "Is it time to go?"

"Yeah," Logan replied, helping her to her feet. "Do ya know the way back to your village?"

"Unfortnately I don't," Ororo replied. "I was too focused on trying to fight my captors to notice the way. But, I am sure I can find my way back, I found my village after leaving Cairo... Though that did give me blood on my hands..."

"You can tell us more later, Storm," Wraith replied. "Right now, we better get out of here before they send Victor out; and we both know he ain't gonna be gentle with her."

Logan nodded, and they all three began running away from the facility. Wraith teleported long distances so that he could keep up with them, and make sure he could spot trouble if need be.

EWX

By nightfall, they had reached the Savannah. They had started a fire, but Storm hid in the tree above. "Why are you up there?"

"Lion's roam these parts," she replied. "I don't want to become another tasty meal for them."

Logan chuckled, figuring she had a point. Wraith could teleport anywhere last minute though, Logan could only kill.

"Your turn for first watch," Wraith said, teleporting into another nearby tree.

"You scared of a couple o' big cats, Wraith?" Logan taunted.

"No, I just don't want to end up like another tasty meal."

Logan chuckled, and stayed at the base of the tree."You still awake, 'Ro?"

"Yes."

"What did you mean earlier when you had blood on your hands?"

He heard a sigh, and he knew this was probably difficult for her to talk about. "When I was fifteen, I accepted a ride from a stranger. I thought he was being kind, but the next thing I knew, he was on top of me... He tried to rape me... I stabbed him with a knife, and he died..."

Logan gave pause to that for a moment. "I'm sorry you had to do that, darlin', I truly am."

"It's alright, Logan," she said. "Ever since then, I vowed to never take a life again."

Logan contemplated on that for a bit. "I think that's a very noble vow," he said truthfully.

"Thank you," she said.

There was a comfortable silence between them, and it wasn't long before he heard a gentle snoring indicating that she was asleep. He didn't know what he was thinking, but for some reason, he felt a strong attraction toward her. He shook his head. It's been too long since you got laid, he thought. That was the only reason. Period. End of story.





You must login () to review.