Logan woke up to the sound of a fire crackling in front of him, and someone cooking the rations. "Breakfast?" Storm's voice asked, bringing Logan out of his sleep.

"Sure," he said, staring up at her gorgeous body. Boy, did she look even better in the morning light.

"John has already eaten his breakfast and is looking out for the lion's."

"So, when did you get up?" Logan asked as he began eating.

"When the sun rose," she replied, putting out the fire. "Hurry up, or John may decide to leave without you."

Logan chuckled, finishing the last bit of his meal, and then getting up.

EWX

Victor smiled as he picked up the scent of the prisoner in the forest, along with Wraith's; he was not happy to find his brother's scent mingled with theirs, though, especially so close to the woman's scent. He'll handle them once they had their experiments back. "They slept here during the night," Victor said. "It's about two nights old."

"We'll take the short way to her village," Stryker said. "That's where they're headed. From there, we cut them off about a mile before they reach the village."

EWX

By the next nightfall, Storm, Logan, and Wraith were about three quarters of the way there. Many times, though, Logan asked her how she knew where she was going, and her only reply would be I have a feeling. Wraith just shrugged, giving Storm the benefit of a doubt and telling him it was women's intuition.

Wraith he would take the next watch, so Logan say next to Storm and they watched the fire together in a comfortable silence. "Are you happy to be going back home?" He asked.

"Yes," she replied, turning to look at him. "And no."

"Why's that?" He asked, sneaking an arm around her shoulders. Either she didn't notice or she didn't care.

"Because, for some unknown reason, I like spending time with you, Logan. I enjoy your company."

Logan smiled and squeezed gently. "I enjoy your company to 'Ro," he said. They fell asleep like that.

EWX

After walking for about an hour the next morning, Storm flew up to see how far away the village was. "It's about a mile out," she told Logan and Wraith, swooping down into a graceful landing.

"Good," Logan said as they began walking again.

"I hope nothing bad has happened while I was away," she said a few minutes later.

"I'm sure everything's fine," Logan replied.

Suddenly, Ororo screamed as she was caught in a net. "Hang on,Storm," Wraith called. He teleported inside, but never came out, as an arrow shot through one of the holes in the net, and struck him in the heart. Ororo scooted back as far away from the body as possible, gasping as she twisted her ankle.

The claws came out, and Wolverine sliced the net open, ignoring all the arrows and darts that came for him. He covered Storm as they ran back into the forest.

Raon began pouring down-no doubt a diversion created by Storm- as thunder cracked and lightning flashed. When Ligan was sure they were far enough in, he stopped, hugging Ororo to his chest. Tears were seeping out of her eyes as sobs wracked her body. "It's okay, 'Ro," he told her gently. "We're safe."

Slowly, the rain eased off, but Logan could still feel her trembling. "What's wrong, darlin'?"

"I-It's n-n-nothing," she stuttered.

Logan knew the signs; she was going into shock. "Sit down, 'Ro," he said, gently easing her down. He took off his leather jacket and put it around her bare shoulders. Eventually, the rain dispersed and her trembling eased. "Are you alright?" He asked, breaking the tense silence between them.

She shook her head. "No."

"Wanna talk about it?"

Storm sighed reluctantly. "When John died in the net, it brought back some unwanted memories... it also became crowded in there... I'm afraid of small places..."

"You have claustrophobia?" Logan asked. Storm looked at him curiously. "It means fear of small places."

Storm nodded. "I've had it since I was six. It's silly, I know.."

"Not really, a lot of people have it."

"Do they get memories that are better left forgotten?"

"How bad is it?"

"Pretty bad."

Logan paused for a moment as he looked around for some shelter. He saw a den and decided it was just going to have to do. "Let's hide in there for tonight," he said, nodding towards it.

Storm became rigid. "In there?"

"Yeah, it should hide us."

Storm took a breath to compose herself. "Alright." She allowed bin to lead her into the den.

"It's alright, darlin'," he said, "nothing gonna hurt you, not while I'm here."

for some reason, that made her feel safer, and her body relaxed. Eventually, she drifted off into a fitful sleep.

Logan watched as her body relaxed and her breathing evened out, telling him she was asleep. He soon joined her, pulling the jacket closer to her body to keep her warm.





You must login () to review.