Ororo watched as the other man called Logan walked out of the cell. If he had tried anything on her, she would've attacked him. Since he hadn't, she kept the knowledge that she had slipped out of her restraints to herself. The one they called Victor, though, she would show no mercy.

He smirked as he entered the cell, and she pretended to struggle in getting up. "Let's see how tough you are when we've added some truth serum to your sedative," he said, revealing the syringe.

"Yo, Vic!" the insane one from earlier called. "You weren't planning on starting without moi, were you?"

Victor growled, turning his back to Ororo. She took her chance and clobbered him over the head with a rock she had picked up. The other one looked at her, gaping. "I tied you up myself!"

While he was talking, Ororo kneed him in the gut, broke his nose with the heel of her palm, and knocked him out. "Should've done a better job."

EWX

"What happened?" Logan demanded as he walked into the war room.

"The prisoner escaped," Agent Zero said.

John laughed. "Yup, and she knocked out Vic and Wilson while she was at it."

Logan grinned. "We've shut down the prisoners area, so she couldn't have gone far," Agent Zero said, ruining Logan's moment of glee.

"Logan and Agent Zero, you will look for the prisoner," Stryker said. "John, you're back up."

They searched the block where she was, and came up empty handed. "The witch is taking out the cameras," Stryker said in their ear piece. "Head to block three."

Block three was where Logan caught a strong whiff of her scent. He had Zero stop and pointed up. Zero nodded, allowing Logan to go first. "There you are," he said, stepping into her view. "What are you doin' up there?"

Ororo eyed him warily; she was crouched in the darkest part of the rafters, also the blindspot to the cameras.

"Look, you can't get out, the entire place is locked up."

Suddenly, Agent Zero shot a dart at her, but she used her winds to send it back at him, knocking him out. With a 'pop' Wraith appeared, grabbing her, and teleporting her back down to where Logan was. She was close to Logan's height, 5'11" he guessed. "Sorry about that," Wraith said. "I had to get you down, though." Ororo struggled in his grasp as Wraith tried to pin her arms down. "Logan, mind helping me out?"

Logan nodded, taking position behind him. As soon as Wraith released her and disappeared, Logan grabbed her. She struggled even more against him, kicking him once her arms were immobile. It hurt her more than him, unfortunately. "Easy darlin', you're gonna break somethin'," he said gently in her ear. "I have an adamantium skeleton, which is a type of indestructible metal." Ororo stopped struggling, knowing that it was hopeless to continue. "If I let you go, darlin', will you promise to come with me quietly?"

"Depends on what you plan on doing with me," Ororo replied, giving one last attempt to break free. "I promise you, darlin', I won't let them do anything bad to you. If they do, you can electrocute me with all the lightning bolts you wish."

"I'll do more than that," Ororo hissed, but allowed him to take her back to her cell.

EWX

This time, they left Ororo alone, to monitor her abilities and see what other tricks she might have up her sleeve. She had been handcuffed to the bar of her cell this time, and it was even easier to get out. She used a lockpick that she had kept in her belt, hidden from sight. "She's out again," Wade said from behind the door as Ororo went the opposite direction. "Want me to go after her?"

"No," Stryker said. "Logan and Victor will go after her. Victor I want her to be untouched."

"Fine," Victor growled.

They found her hidden in another cell, and as she tried to escape them, Victor jumped her, pinning her arms down by the wrist. "That's enough, Victor," Logan warned when he saw that toothy grin of his. He knew that meant trouble. Once he sedated her, he picked her up and made sure Victor was in front of him while he carried Ororo back to her cell. This time they bound her using duct tape.

When she woke up, she wondered what was binding her this time. "Don't bother," Logan said, blowing smoke out of the cell window. "You're good, but I don't think even you could get out of duct tape."

"Duck tape?" Ororo asked. Logan figured that was close enough, so he didn't bother correcting her.

"It's kinda like glue, but you can remove it," Logan explained. "It's very useful."

"What does your chief want with me?" Ororo asked.

"It's not you, he wants," Logan replied. "He's using you as a pawn to gain another meteor that your village supposedly has. The meteor is the key element to adamantium."

"Why is this adamantium so important to him?" Ororo asked.

"I don't know, to be honest, darlin'," Logan replied, stooping down to her level. "He experiments on mutants. That's how I got these." SNIKT! He popped his 12 inch adamantium claws. "It's grafted into my skeleton."

"How did you survive?" Ororo asked.

"I have a healing factor that allowed me to survive."

"Is he going to do the same to me?"

"He better not. I volunteered for that experiment, and I regret it with every bone in my body. I doubt he would force you though."

"Logan," Wraith said, coming into the cell. "Stryker needs to see you. My turn to watch our guest."

"Okay, Wraith," Logan replied.

When he reached the room, though, Stryker wasn't there. "Where is he?" he demanded to the others.

"Gone to the prisoner to draw some blood."

"Why?"

"To see if she would be viable for experimenting on while we wait for the negotiations to finish," Victor smirked.





You must login () to review.