Author's Note: to clarify, this chapter DOES NOT follow eleven chronologically. back in chapter two it says Ororo made a resolution to stop seeing Logan: this is why-- and where-- the resolution was made.
____________________________________________________________

It was an idle thought that made Ororo realize she was in love with Logan. He was over at her townhouse, after they spent an afternoon making love. To say she was spent was an apt description. He did this crazy thing to her clit with his tongue and Ororo went absolutely hoarse from screaming. The neighbors knocked on her walls, letting her know that they didn’t really care to know how great Logan’s tongue felt inside her pussy.

So they lounged on the floor of her living room, unable to move from the spot where she attacked him. And besides, it was kind of nice lying on her rug, letting their bodies be warmed from each other and the fading afternoon sun. It was a nicer way of spending the afternoon than going on another mindless date with one of Scott’s friends and ten times more entertaining than a ten hour flight to Madripoor with Viper.

She laid on Logan’s stomach, her hair cascading over him and littering the floor. Logan, half in a daze, contented himself with stroking the length of Ororo’s arms and twirling his fingers in her hair every so often. They weren’t really talking, and if they were, it would be less about sex or their lives or their work more about something that truly revealed something about themselves. They’d long since passed the stage of complaining about their lives to justify their sins.

Intermittently, Ororo would kiss Logan’s stomach or his chest, and he would laugh. That would always make Ororo smile because she would feel the bounce of his stomach and feel his chest rumble from the sound. She’d never been so relaxed and she had a feeling Logan felt the same way.

How nice it would be, though, to feel this way all the time, she mused as she kissed his belly button for the hundredth time. (He was ticklish there, of this she was now certain.) She sighed and laid her head on his chest, looking at him. He looked down at her and smiled, the small wrinkles on his face turning up.

It would be so nice.

Ororo pressed a kiss on his heart and shifted to lie more firmly on him. She wasn’t worried about crushing him; she didn’t weigh all that much and Logan was a pretty big guy for his age. She ran her fingers through his hair, noticing the several silver hairs peppering his unruly black locks. Logan had great hair; she always made sure she told him.

One of Logan’s hands traveled the length of her spine while the other cupped her cheek, thumbing her lips.

It eventually dawned on Ororo that she’d never been this relaxed not only in her life, but with T’Challa. With T’Challa, there was always some strange tension with him, but always on the edges of her mind. T’Challa made her stand straighter, act prouder, and always made her work harder for... Something. She never knew why she was like that, or what the “something” she was trying to attain was. She’d always assumed it was because T’Challa was her better half, always making her want to improve herself.

Maybe, she realized, she didn’t need to improve herself. She was with Logan doing something absolutely horrible and she didn’t feel the need to change anything.

It was a horrible realization because, well, she should’ve seen their relationship as tawdry and she didn’t. She shouldn’t have been so happy with Logan but she was.

She pressed a kiss to his sternum.

The very next day she swore to stop seeing him.





You must login () to review.