Viper always been a master tactician. Before she tricked Logan into marrying her, she worked as a leading advisor to HYDRA, a “security” corporation that made guns and software. She was more or less a company mercenary and a damn good one at that. With her skills, she helped HYDRA take over several smaller businesses and damn near set up an conglomerate. And she did that by finding each companies’ selling point or breaking point.

More often than not, she found their breaking point first. Viper was a master at finding out people’s secrets and bringing them to light. That was how Viper got him.

Logan wanted to slap himself for being so stupid. He had, once again, underestimated Viper’s prowess. Of course she knew about his affair. The woman knew Logan’s schedule and habits better than Logan himself at times. The woman didn’t let anything past her. Hell, she probably knew about the pregnancy before he told her.

When Logan first tried to leave Viper, she threatened to let everyone know about his violent past, to ruin him and his name. When she first told him, Logan laughed her off. This woman wasn’t superhuman, she was just a normal woman. And then she showed Logan all the “evidence” she’d been saving-- and sometimes fabricating-- since she first saw him. The woman planned not in days, but in years. Logan would never overcome her lies.

Logan had been beaten down and lost all hope. He’d been pushed into a corner and threatened. For a long time, he thought he was done for. He figured Viper had his balls in a vice grip and there was nothing he could do to fight her. If he tried fighting back, she would surely win. He was done for.

And then she went and threatened the two people Logan loved more than himself.

Viper, who was a master strategist, had seriously miscalculated.

You see, the thing about caging and cornering someone was that you left them no escape route. The trapped person was left with the one option you should never give a desperate person: To fight back directly.

For right now, Logan didn’t know his cards, but he knew the hand he hand he was dealt. He wasn’t about to stop seeing Ororo and he wasn’t about to be an absentee father. His only problem was that he didn’t know how to fight back and successfully win. Viper didn’t have many breaking points and over the course of their twelve year marriage, Logan knew very little about Viper, only that she was not to be fucked with and she was a huge bitch.

Logan wasn’t daunted, though. Just because he didn’t know how to get her didn’t mean that she didn’t have weaknesses and it definitely didn’t mean he wouldn’t find them. He would just have to wait for an opening and take full advantage of it. And if that meant staying away from Ororo, for now?- he would.

He just hoped an opening would come soon.





You must login () to review.