Author's Note: This chapter does not follow any chapter. It's like chapter three, doesn't really have a place but is more "back story".
__________________________________________________________

“You alright, homme?” Remy asked Logan.

The story of how Remy learned about Logan’s mistress wasn’t a glamorous one. Remy didn’t discover them on accident; Logan was careful. Before learning about Ororo, Remy had certainly noticed changes in Logan, but they were shrugged off as signs of a midlife crisis: Logan started working out harder, he spent less time at Harry’s on guy’s night, he smiled a lot more, but he was also a lot jumpier every time his phone rang or buzzed. So, the signs were there that Logan had something going on, but they weren’t overt.

Remy didn’t find out until he and Logan went to the gym and Logan was acting incredibly weird. The Canadian was quiet and kept shooting Remy furtive glances. After spending thirty minutes of trying to act like he hadn’t noticed Logan’s aggravating behavior, Remy had had enough. So, Remy put down the weight and faced his gym buddy.

“Of course,” Logan replied quickly. Too quickly.

“Uh huh,” Remy said skeptically. He picked up his weights once more and continued his reps. About five minutes passed before Logan began stealing glances at Remy. Putting down the weights again, Remy faced Logan. Again. “You hidin’ something.”

Logan gave Remy a measured look. “What makes you say that?”

Remy wanted to rip his hair out of his head. “You keep lookin’ at Remy like you got somethin’ t’ say.”

Logan faced forward and continued his rep, though it was a tad more aggressive than before. “We’re friends, right? Friends tell each other shit and keep that shit secret right?”

Remy snorted. “Sure?”

Logan nodded, closing his eyes. “Right,” he said, though more to himself. Logan continued his reps for a while longer, refusing to look anywhere but forward. Remy was beginning to feel uneasy. Was Logan involved in something? Hopefully not.

“Look, Logan, whatever’s goin’ on--”

“I’ve been cheating on Viper.”

Remy looked at Logan in a stunned silence. “Oh,” was all he managed. What could he say? For years, Remy had been joking with Logan about how if he was married to Viper, he’d have a string of lovers. Logan, who was more honorable than he let on, always told Remy to fuck off, that that stuff just wasn’t for him and how Viper would kill him and blah blah blah. Well... Remy figured Logan gave in to the idea. There’s only so long a man can go without sex.

Logan looked at Remy and nodded. “Yeah.” Remy nodded again, still too surprised. “Her name’s Ororo and she works with Marie.”

“What?” asked Remy, finally shocked back to reality. They put their weights back in their respective holders. “You been carryin’ on with someone Marie knows?”

“Sort of--”

“How do y’ ‘sort of’ have an affair with someone my girlfriend knows, homme?” Remy asked, exasperated. God, he could see it know: Marie finding out and cussing him out for keeping this a secret.

“We’ve been... She’s... I mean--”

“Take y’ time. It ain’t like y’ saying anything that makes sense!”

Logan heaved a sigh. “She knows Marie. They work together at that school.”

“Is that where y’ met?” asked Remy, folding his arms to his chest. His arms felt grimy touching his sweat slicked shirt, but there were more important things to worry about. Like how Logan’s dumb ass could potentially end Remy’s happiness.

“I guess.”

Remy groaned and put his hand to his forehead. “That night,” he muttered, realization dawning on him. “Should’ve known when you came back all smilin’ and smellin’ like sex.” Logan smiled, but it was a little uncomfortable... for Remy. Remy highly suspected there was more going on than Logan was letting on, but for now, Remy knew more than enough. “Remy won’ say nothing so long as Logan don’t do nothing stupid.”

“Course,” Logan said defensively. Logan stuck his hand out; Remy shook the proffered hand. “Thanks.”





You must login () to review.