After a few minutes, Logan was still hovering over ‘Ro she hadn’t woken up yet. He was just about to call 911 when he heard her moan out his name.
“Yes darlin it’s me yer Logan wake up.”
She sat looking at him with wide azure blue eyes. *I cannot believe it is him* She kept saying to herself. Wondering if it was another dream she reached out and touched his face. Logan turned his face into her welcoming hands and he sniffed her scent of jasmine and honeysuckle.
Then he was greeted by a warming slap across his face. Rubbing it he looked at her dreading what she was about to do next.
“I’m glad to see that you are alive Logan but now it’s a little too late to come sniffing around here.”
She jumped from the couch and walked over to the window.
“Honey I had to come and see you.”
She turned with hatred in her eyes toward him.
“Come and see me? For what Logan to tell me more lies!”
He went over to her and was just about to grab her when she moved away from him turning to look back at the window.
“You hurt me Logan. Do you know the hell I went through when you left me?”
She sounded defeated but resilient.
“I thought the love of my life was gone from me forever. I mourned you all by myself not knowing who your family was I didn’t have anyone, sure the guys came by and offered their condolences but it wasn’t the same I wanted to be surround by your family to let them know that I loved you too. However, I forgot you did not have the decency to let me meet your family. Sure Betsy said I was the stain on your bed sheets they would not believe that their precious son would stoop so low as to love a black woman but I tuned her out and broke off my friendship with her because I didn’t believe that my Logan would do that to me on purpose.”
Hearing her being torn apart because of him broke his heart but he knew she had to get this out so he let her continue.
She wipes the tears from her eyes *I will not let him see me cry*
“I loved you Logan and when I found out that the family was giving a memorial service in your honor I went thinking I would not make a scene but I knew I had to say goodbye to you. I went after arguing with most of my friends who told me to forget it! And do you know what I was greeted with when I got there Logan? DO YOU?”
She had turned to face him then losing the battle with composure she had tears streaming down her face. Logan closed in on her and wrapped her in his arms. She fought him by beating him on the chest with closed fists. Logan’s heart was breaking but he knew she had to get it out finally and he would be there to take it from her. Silently he hoped after he explained he would welcome him back in her loving arms and they could be a family with Jubilee at least he hoped.
She continued telling her story trying to focus because her senses were being overloaded with Logan’s smell.
“Logan answer me do you know what I face when I went to the services?”
“I can guess but tell me anyway.”
“I face with your wife Logan. She saw me and chased me down before I could get into the car and then she asked me was I the slut that her husband was with before he left.”
She raised her head up to him. “What do you think I was supposed to say darling?”
“’Ro you have to let me explain it’s not even like that.”
She had finally untangled herself from his arms and she collapsed on the sofa. He plopped down beside her.
Logan was exhausted but he knew he had to see her he had to touch her even if it was for one last time. But most of all he had to explain things from his point of view. Logan had silently hoped that she would be waiting for him he never wanted her to continue her life without him but was that just a false hope he silently prayed she still loved him enough for her to let him come back. Taking a deep breath and running his fingers through his thick jet-black hair, he started his story.
Ororo looked at him and she thought *Damn he so sexy even with the new grey sideburns. ‘Ro you’ve got to get a hold of yourself girl he’s a man who lied to you your entire relationship.* She half listened to his story because the minute she woke up and saw his face she knew she wanted him back but she had to get what she need to get off of her chest first and then she would let him go back to his wife because their was no way she was going to be a mistress. However, she also realized she was not going to break up someone’s home either.
“’Ro when I was captured by the Taliban and put in prison my thoughts were of you and Jubilee only.”
Ororo looked at him curiously.
“I know strange isn’t it? Listen you were not some secret I had and I never meant to hurt you in any way it’s just when we met I didn’t want anything to complicate things with us.”
Looking at her, he could see that she was still confused.
“What I mean is… Oh hell let me start from the beginning when I married SilverFox I was out of it mostly she kind of drugged me into it.”
Ororo listened to him and let him finished once he was done he sat back looking at her face to see if she had absorbed what he had said. After a few minutes, she was, just about to let him know what she thought when the front door opened and she heard.
“Hey ‘Ro we’re back.” Jean announced with tote bags in her arms.
“Hello mommy! Guess what Aunta Jean and Unca Scottie got us!” a little voice sounded off in the hallway.
Logan turned around when he heard the voices the intruders and he was greeted by twins a boy and a girl both with jet-black hair and his grey eyes looking at him and a exhausted but surprised Jean.





You must login () to review.