“Where are you at Ororo Munroe’s house?”
He knew his ears were not deceiving him he heard someone in the background.
“What did you say?”
“Um, are you at Ororo Munroe’s house SilverFox told me to ask you?”
With his brows askew, he felt the rage build up in him and his blood started to boil. Ororo had walked in the living room with her glass of wine in her hand.
“Put her on the fucking phone Jubes!”
She knew by the tone of his voice that he was angry with someone and she went upstairs to check on the kids.
When she walked in the kid’s bedroom in which they shared for now. It had a Disney motif decorated in bright Disney colors. She remembered when she had an argument with Jean on the colors of their room she laughed.
Ororo seven months pregnant…
“Ororo you don’t want those depressing colors for the kid’s room they are too depressing.”
Jean put her hand on her hips stirring the paint for the base coat.
“Look I’ve always wanted Disney characters in my children’s room.”
“Well let’s try the usual colors of pastels like green, yellow, blue, pink, and purple. I saw the Noah’s Ark theme is in right now.”
She had held up a hand to silence Jean.
“I don’t like pastels Jean I want these colors.”
Jean knew she was in a losing battle and she just went on painting the base coat. In the end, they did use the softer tones for baby Disney.
Back downstairs Logan felt like his head was spinning after hearing what Jubilee said.
He was greeted by the sultry voice of SilverFox.
“Hello Logan.’
“What in the hell have you been telling Jubilee!”
He ran his hand through his hair and contracted his free hand. Logan could feel his heartbeat run faster what will Jubilee think of me now? How can I explain about ‘Ro and the kids? He thought to himself while waiting on Silver Fox’s answer.
“Don’t you yell at me Logan? I just told her what you failed to tell her.”
She sounded to matter of fact.
“I will be home soon don’t you say anything else to her until I get there.”
“You didn’t answer the question Logan are you there?”
“Like I said I will be home in thirty minutes.”
He quickly turned off the cell phone and went back into the den to talk to Ororo but he found it empty. He turned and walked upstairs to the kid’s room to see Ororo looking at the kids.
When she looked at each of her children, she let out a little laugh at how they were different. Andrea sleeping like a little angel all snug in her bed she really took after her calm demeanor and then look at LJ he was all over the bed without any covers on him and somehow he had ended up at the foot of his bed. Usually at night no matter how she put him down he would end up in crazy positions in his bed he reminded her of his father so much. Once she pulled the covers back on him, she turned to walk downstairs.
“Mommy is our daddy gonna stay with us?”
Little Andrea asked. Ororo turned and walked back to Andrea’s bed she sat down and smoothed back her curly jet-black hair.
“Oh dear what are you doing awake?”
“I don’t know.”
Ororo could not answer Andrea’s question so she tried to change the subject. Logan heard what Andrea said and his heart went out to his other family.
“Well go back to sleep alright.”
Ororo got up to leave the room when Andrea stopped her mother in her tracks. Logan who knew Ororo’s emotions could tell when she got nervous her hands immediately went to her white blond hair and she started to twirl a lock of it around her finger.
“Mommy you didn’t say if daddy was gonna stay with us.”
Ororo decided to be honest with her smart daughter.
“Honey I just don’t know okay we will have to see.’
She could tell that Andrea was trying to analyze the answer she gave her by her crossing her eyebrows. She gently kissed her brow and then her cheeks. Logan smiled at her love she showed the little girl and he wondered what she was thinking. He did not know what he was going to do right then he could not seem to bring himself to face Ororo right then so he left.
Back on the highway, he felt a sense of loss after leaving the cozy house but he knew he must solve this problem. His cell immediately started to ring and he flipped the phone and answered.
“Hey mon ami are you still at ‘Ro’s?”
It was his best friend Remy he could tell that he had had a few too many by the slur of his words.
“No I just left now I’m headed home why?”
“Why don’t ya come by Inferno the rest of the guys are here and they want to see ya.”
“No I’ve got ta go home and straighten something’s out.”
“Oh did ya tell ‘Ro everything?”
“Hey I don’t want to talk about it right now I will call ya tomorrow.”
He clicked the phone off and concentrated on the road when his phone ranged again.
“Remy I told you I will call you tomorrow!”
“This isn’t Remy, Logan it’s Ororo.”
Feeling embarrassed and at a loss for words for the second time, again in his life he did not know what to say to her.
“Um ‘Ro I…”
“There’s no need to explain I just wished you could have told me face to face that you were leaving.”
He could sense the anger in her voice and he wanted to end their conversation quickly.
“’Ro I’m sorry it’s just I had to get home and try and explain to Jubilee.”
Ororo could feel her anger rising so she knew how to make him hurt for a while. When she came downstairs, she felt used and empty inside when she found him gone without an explanation. Right now, she wanted Logan to hurt and she knew of one way to do it.
“It’s good that you are going to explain what happened to Jubilee and your wife and how about you stay there.”
Feeling dejected he could not explain what he had to do to her.
“But ‘Ro…”
“No but’s Logan it’s over stay with your wife and daughter and let me move on with mine please.”
Logan could not believe his ears.
“What are you saying?”
“I said leave us the fuck alone Logan and I mean it.”
“You can’t keep me from my kids ‘Ro!”
Logan was trying to find a way to turn around and go back to the house.
“I’m not keeping you away you are. Look I’ve got to go don’t come back here.”
Fifteen minutes later…
Logan was banging on the door yelling at Ororo to let him in when he saw the red and blue lights and heard the sirens.
It took a lot for Ororo to not to open the door and let him in but she knew if she did she would succumb in his arms so she did the next best thing she called the police.





You must login () to review.