Chapter 10: Welcome


That evening, Ororo and Anna shared a meal with Logan and the Professor.

“That was awesome,” Anna replied, leaning back in her chair after finishing her dessert.

“I agree. Everything was delicious,” Ororo commented.

“Were things to your liking as well, Logan?” the Professor asked, knowing the answer already.

“Absolutely. Best darn filet mignon and veggies I’ve ever had,” Logan replied, “I think I have to do an extra hour in the Danger Room to work off that cheesecake.”

“Glad you all enjoyed meal. It’s my goal to make your time here as pleasant as I can. Now, there is one last thing we need to discuss,” the Professor began. They had already discussed the school, arrangements to enroll Anna in the local high school, Charles and Scott tutoring Ororo and her position as the Professor’s assistance. Logan wondered what else they needed to talk about.

“Code names,” the Professor said, answering Logan’s question, making him groan.

“Code names?” Ororo asked.

“Yes. We use them while we are training and out on missions,” Charles replied, “I’ve taken the liberty of selecting a name for each of you based on your gifts.”

“Ororo, I think Storm would be the most fitting codename for you,” Charles told her, “What do you think?”

“I like it. Thank you,” Ororo replied, saying the name to herself and liking the sound of it. She looked at Logan who nodded his agreement.

“Anna, your code name will be Aqua,” he told her, getting the impression that she liked the name based on the wide smile that spread across her face.

“Thank you, Professor,” Anna said, still smiling. Aqua, she thought, has a nice ring to it.

“It was my pleasure. And thank you ladies for accepting our invitation and joining our growing family,” he said, moving away from the table as the other three attendees stood and walked toward the door.

*~*~*~*~*~*


“Wow, what a night!!” Anna exclaimed as they made their way toward the foyer. As they approached, they could hear music coming from the dining room.

“Is there a party going on that we didn’t know about?” Ororo asked, her brows furrowed as she looked over at Logan.

“Ya could say that,” he replied vaguely, leading them toward the room.

When they opened the doors, a loud “Surprise” greeted them.

Ororo and Anna looked at each other and then at Logan who smiled as their friends approached.

“Rogue, what is all this?” Ororo asked, allowing the girl to take her hand as Remy took Anna’s.

“The Prof has his way of welcoming ya’ll and we have ours,” she replied, waving her hand over the room. Ororo could see a group of students getting down on the dance floor while others mingled while sipping punch and eating food from the buffet on the other side of the room. Chairs had been place against the walls in case people wanted to sit.

“Alright!! Let’s get to it then. You game, Remy?” Anna asked her friend, indicating the dance floor.

“Non, ‘chere. Ya a bit much for Remy but I’m sure Jibril wouldn’t mind, would ya, brother?” Remy asked Jibril.

“Not at all. Ready to show ‘em how we do it?” Jibril asked, taking her hand in his and leading her away.

“Definitely but we have to change the music first. How about some 112?”

“Great choice!! Your wish is my command,” Jibril stopping at the makeshift DJ table and making the change, getting some groans that soon turned to squeals once he and Anna graced the dance floor.

“What about you, sugah? You planning on cutting a rug tonite?” Rogue asked Ororo as they watched as the kids surrounded Anna and Jibril, cheering them on.

“Yeah,” Logan replied for her, coming up to them and holding out his hand, “Come on, darlin’, let’s show these rookies how it’s done.”

“I guess that answers your question,” she replied, winking back at her as Logan led her to the dance floor.

Soon, the crowd made a circle around the dancing couples. When Anna noticed the smiling faces, she whispered to Jibril and he nodded, twirling her toward her sister. Anna whispered in her ear and Ororo nodded her consent. The music ended and Anna stood in front of the crowd, panting slightly.

“Okay, guys. We can’t be the only ones dancing so Ro and I are going to show you some dance steps so you can dance with us, okay?”

Anna heard some grumbling in reply that stopped with Logan cleared his throat, crossing his arms across his massive chest.

Damn, she thought smiling her thanks at him, I guess I know who the big dog on campus is.

Jibril returned reaching Anna’s side as the opening bars of the Cupid Shuffle began. “Alright now, follow us!!”

Two hours later, the students made their way to their rooms, still buzzing about the party, calling it one of the best they’ve had at the mansion. Ororo, Anna, Scott, Jean, Logan, Jibril, Remy, and Rogue were on clean up duty.

“That was one of the best parties we’ve had,” Jean exclaimed, her green eyes shining as she helped Anna gather up the cups and plates strewn around the room, while Ororo and Rogue cleared the food trays from the table.

“I agree. That was fun,” Scott replied, surprising his friends as he pushed a table against the wall.

“Musta been a real good one for Scott to say that,” Rogue whispered to Ororo making her smile.

Ororo and Rogue finished clearing the table and were in the kitchen washing the dishes when Emma entered the room. She barely responded to Jean’s and Scott’s greeting as they passed her on their way to their rooms.

Ignoring everyone else, Emma walked directly over to Logan. “It’s later,” she said, taking his arm, “I need to talk to you now.”

“Can’t ya see I’m busy,” he replied, pulling his arm from her grasp and turning back to the table and chair he was moving.

Placing a hand to her temple, Emma moved the table and chair, causing Logan to stumble. He stood and faced her, an angry scowl on his face.

“It’s done. Now, let’s talk,” she said angrily, taking his arm again.

“I said I was busy,” Logan growled, not liking how she was coming at him.

“Why? Because of those ghetto bitches you brought back with you?” she replied nastily, loud enough for the others to hear.

“Who you calling a ghetto bitch?” Anna replied angrily, turning from her task to face the pair.

“I wasn’t talking to you, so stay the hell out of my business,” Emma replied angrily, glancing at the girl but looking back at the scowling Logan.

“It just became my business. Now you bettah watch yo mouth before yo mouth writes a check that yo ass can’t cash,” Anna replied walking towards her. Jibril tried to intercept her but she slipped past him, turning her arm into water before solidifying again.

“Little ghetto girl, please. I will mop this floor with your ass,” Emma replied icily, turning to face the girl.

“I’d like to see ya try, bitch!!” Anna said, before lunging. Remy caught her as Logan stepped in front of Emma, pushing her toward the patio door.

“Let me go, Remy,” Anna said in a near shout.

Hearing her sister’s angry voice, Ororo and Rogue hurried back into the dining room.

“Anna!” Ororo said going to her side and helping Remy, “What’s going on?”

“That bitch was talking about us, calling us ghetto bitches,” she replied, her eyes filled with tears.

Hearing this Ororo looked back at the Logan who was pushing Emma out the patio door.

“Come on, let’s go to the room,” Ororo replied, fighting the anger that was rising, taking her sister’s hand, “Thanks Remy.” He nodded to her.

“Thanks guys for the party. It was very sweet of you,” Ororo called back over her shoulder as she walked arm and arm with her sister, whispering fiercely to her as they left the room.

“Emma always starting some shit,” Jibril said angrily, pushing a table forcibly.

“That’s what happens when a woman feel wronged, right ‘chere?” Remy asked Rogue who just looked at him.

“No. Emma’s on a whole nother level, suga,” Rogue replied as they headed out the door, Rogue hitting the lights.

*~*~*~*~*~*


“What the fuck was that?” Logan asked angrily, snatching her arm so that she faced him.

“I told you I needed to talk to you,” she replied, forcibly brushing his hand off her arm.

“And that was the cause of ya acting the way ya acted just then?” he asked.

“Yes, especially when I feel I’m being ignored.”

“Or when ya want yer way,” Logan replied, “I’m here now, what do ya want?”

“I miss you and I want you back,” she told him, taking a step closer to him, “I was a fool to cheat on you. You were the best thing that ever happened to me and I want you to give us another try.”

He could see the tears in her eyes and sensed that she was being honest. Even so, he knew Emma and knew that regardless of what she said, if she wanted something, she would go after it, no matter what was at stake. Looking at her now, his heart hurt because though he wasn’t in love with her, a part of him still had feelings for her. Taking a deep breath, he paused, taking another sniff.

“Then why do you still smell like Shaw?”

“I went to him and told him that I was ending it,” she replied, “He hugged me goodbye. That’s why I smell like him.”

“Enough with the fuckin’ games, Emma. I know what sex smells like and thanks to ya, I know what Shaw’s sex smells like,” he said angrily, snatching away from her, hating that he even considered her request. He leaned in to make sure she heard him clearly, “There won’t be an us ever again in this lifetime and this is the last time I’m having this conversation.”

He walked off, heading into the woods. Familiar with his moods, she knew she had taken him there again and that she didn’t need to be anywhere near him.

Not dismayed, Emma started back into the mansion, working on a plan to get her man back. Because if she couldn’t have him, no one would, she thought, opening the door and ducking inside.





You must login () to review.